About the Samsung UN32N5300
Small and smart
Small and smart
Samsung's UN32N5300 delivers all the performance and features you could ask for in a small-screen TV. Its compact 32" design fits comfortably in bedrooms, offices, kitchens, and dens. And the 1080p screen is pinpoint-sharp so you won't miss any details.
Built-in Wi-Fi® connects this TV to your home's wireless network, giving you an easy, hassle-free way to watch your favorite streamed shows, movies, games and more. You'll find loads of movies and TV shows from reliable sources like Netflix® and Amazon, and YouTube.
Mirroring puts a second screen in your hand
Samsung's screen mirroring feature turns your compatible smartphone, tablet or computer into a second TV screen. Whatever is playing on your TV — Netflix, or live TV — is streamed via Wi-Fi to your device as well. You can watch movies, shows and sports all around the house, and you won't miss a moment.
- 31.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- Motion Rate 60 (60Hz refresh rate)
- edge-lit LED backlight with Micro Dimming Pro provides good picture contrast
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi® provides reliable wireless streaming
- Quad-Core processor lets you switch between apps and stream content much faster
- mobile-to-TV and TV-to-mobile wireless mirroring
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote control
- 2 HDMI 1.4
- 1 component video (selectable component/composite)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- no analog audio output
- Ethernet port for a fast, reliable wired network connection
- USB input for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in down-firing speakers (5 watts x 2)
- illuminated remote control
- detachable dual-footer stand ("footprint" is 27"W x 8-5/16"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 28-7/8"W x 17-3/16"H x 3-1/8"D (18-1/4"H x 8-5/16"D on stand)
- weight: 9.5 lbs. with stand; 9.3 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UN32N5300AFXZA
More details on the Samsung UN32N5300
Features & specs
HyperReal Picture Engine w/ 1080p Resolution: The Samsung Full HD TV utilizes Samsung's HyperReal Picture Engine to display all all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080).
PurColor: PurColor allows the TV to express most shades of color as nature intended for optimal picture performance. Most TV's focus on the adjustment points of primary colors Red, Green and Blue. PurColor focuses on primary and secondary colors Magenta, Cyan and Yellow. You'll witness a wider spectrum of colors on the TV screen, just like the director intended. You'll enjoy enriched colors while watching your favorite movies, and shows, even if it's older, non-HD content.
Micro Diming Pro: Micro Dimming Pro Technology enhances the picture quality of Samsung TV by analyzing each frame of video to optimize the LED backlight and video signal in real-time.
Ultra Clean View: Clean view helps in preventing the unwanted noise to affect picture quality. It filters and purifies the signal coming into the Samsung TV. It has auto noise-removal technology that removes digital and analog noise from theTV screen
Motion Rate 60 w/ Auto Motion Plus: The Samsung Full HD TV features a native refresh rate of 60Hz.
Video Inputs: The Samsung Full HD TV offers high-definition and standard definition video inputs.
- HDMI 1.4: The Samsung Full HD TV features two HDMI 1.4 inputs to connect your Blu-ray player, cable box, satellite receiver, or Gaming system. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV.
- Analog: The Samsung Full HD TV features a single component video input which will accept 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals. The component video input can also be used as a composite video input (480i only).
Picture Controls: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture. The TV's picture adjustments can be made for a particular AV input or for all inputs.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes - 16:9 (16:9 widescreen format), 4:3 (4:3 standard format), or Custom (magnifies or shrink 16:9 pictures vertically and/or horizontally).
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments to the picture. Select from Dynamic (increases the brightness of the screen), Standard (suitable for a normal environment), Natural (useful for reducing eye strain), or Movie (darkens the screen and reduces glare).
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for manually adjusting the picture quality. Manually adjust Backlight (adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight), Contrast (increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture), Brightness (adjusts the brightness level of the picture) Sharpness (sharpens or dulls the edges of objects), Color (adjusts the color saturation of the picture), and Tint (adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture).
- Expert Settings: The TV also offers more advanced
picture adjustments for expert fine tuning. Fine tune the
- Contrast Enhancer: automatically balances the contrast to prevent excessive differences between bright and dark areas
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using Cool/Normal/Warm 1/Warm 2 presets
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors)
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red/green/blue intensity)
- Digital Clean View: reduces any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen
- Film & Games Modes: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals and adjust the picture from optimum quality. The television can also be set to Game mode, which is designed specifically for fast-action gaming, and not normal TV viewing.
Built-in HDTV Tuner: The Samsung TV features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 2 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, or HDMI inputs to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, USB ports, and Samsung TV apps can pass as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- DLNA compliant devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
- DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 2 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary. The TV's speakers are muted when using ARC function.
Optical Digital Output: The TV's optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2ch PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, or USB ports. When the TV's optical digital output is selected, the TV's speakers are muted. DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: This TV does not contain any analog audio inputs or outputs.
Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 7-band EQ (100, 200, 500, 1k, 2k, 5k, & 10k Hz) for a more customized sound; or simply choose from the following EQ Preset Modes - Standard, Optimized, or Amplify.
Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume stabilizes the volume across all programs and commercials when watching and listening to television programming.
Samsung's Quad-Core Processor: Samsung's Quad-Core processing speeds allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time, such as using an app while downloading another one. It also enables extremely faster web browsing and application access. Quad-Core eliminates lag to give you a fluid browsing experience. It enables you to switch between apps, stream content, and multi-task much faster. This extra power also provides faster page refreshing.
Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung HDTV so that it can access your home network and online Samsung TV Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi); it also supports WiFi Direct.
- Wired Ethernet: The TV's contains an RJ-45 Ethernet jack on its back-panel for a wired network connection. You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually.
- WiFi 802.11ac: The TV is IEEE 802.11ac WiFi certified for a wireless network connection. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Automatic, Manual, WPS (PBC), or WPS (PIN). The TV's built-in WiFi supports WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), or WPA2-PSK network security.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung UHD TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: Samsung recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps for standard definition and 10 Mbps for high definition.
Samsung TV Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung TV to your home network, you gain access to Samsung's TV Apps. Samsung's TV Apps let you download online applications and services to the Samsung UHD TV. Samsung TV Apps has a growing collection of online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications - such as movies, TV shows, music, news, sports, and weather (subscriptions and purchase fees will apply).
- Movies & TV Shows: You'll be able to watch high definition movies and TV shows on HuluPlus/Live, Amazon Video, Netflix, Vudu, Google Play Movies & TV, HBO Go/HBO Now, & YouTube; as well as live TV broadcasts from Sling TV and YouTubeTV.
- Music & Radio: You can listen to online music and internet radio from Amazon, Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Napster, TuneIn, and more.
- Gaming: This Samsung UHD TV offers built-in Steam Link functionality through the Steam Link app which can be downloaded from the Samsung Smart Hub. This app uses the same streaming technology as Valve's Steam Link, allowing you to stream all your favorite games seamlessly with amazing graphics and speed. The TV also offers select games from GameFly. Separate USB or Bluetooth controllers (sold separately) are required for gaming.
- Sports, News, & Weather: Enjoy sports, news, and weather information from NBA Digital, CNNgo, CNBC Real-Time, Bloomberg TV, The Weather Network, and WeatherNation.
Sync & Share: You can play media content saved on your computer (via DLNA), thumbdrive or hard disk drive (via USB), and the cloud (via Samsung Cloud) through the Samsung UHD TV; as well as mirror content between your compatible mobile device and the TV (via the SmartThings app).
- DLNA Certified: The Samsung UHD TV is DLNA certified, allowing you to watch videos and photos, as well as listen to music saved on your Windows 7/8/10 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless).
- USB 2.0 Port: The television is equipped with a single USB (type-A) port. The USB port can accept a USB mass-storage-class device (5V/1A). The USB port lets you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB msc device; like USB thumbdrive or flashdrive. Files must be formatted in FAT, exFAT, or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files per folder.
- Gallery App (Samsung Cloud): The built-in Gallery App lets you view photos and videos synchronized with the Samsung Cloud. You can enjoy various content synchronized with a mobile device that supports the Samsung cloud. The available content types are photos, videos, stories, and other content shared through your groups.
- Bidirectional Mirroring: Bidirectional mirroring refers to either outputting the screen and sound of your compatible Apple iOS or Android device on the Samsung UHD TV or outputting the screen and sound of the TV on your compatible mobile device. You can use the SmartThings app (for iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.0+)to enjoy the screen and sound of the TV on your mobile device or to play the screen and sound of your mobile device on the TV.
Note: Compatible video file formats include AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, and MOV. Compatible photo file formats include JPEG, PNG, BMP, and MPO. Compatible audio file formats include MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, and OGG.
SmartThings Compatible: From the Samsung TV's on-screen dashboard, you can monitor, configure, and control smart devices you connected to the SmartThings service via the SmartThings app (for iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.0+) installed on your compatible smartphone or tablet device. You'll receive notifications about the statuses of your smart devices on the UHD TV's screen. You'll also be able to create custom modes to easily control multiple smart devices with a single command from the TV.
- SmartThings & Samsung Devices: With SmartThings hub
functionality, the Samsung allows you to connect and control SmartThings
compatible devices - including a
Multipurpose Sensor, a
Motion Sensor, a
Arrival Sensor, a
Water Leak Sensor, and a
Smart Outlet (all sold separately). It is also compatible with a number
of Samsung appliances - including refrigerators and washers/dryer machines.
Internet of Things (IoT): In addition to being compatible with SmartThings and other Samsung network-enabled products, Samsung Connect Home is compatible with a number of third-party network devices that support Internet of Things (IoT) through Z-Wave, zigbee, LAN, or Cloud-to-Cloud; including locks (from Kwikset & Schlage), thermostats (from Honeywell), cameras (such as Netgear Arlo), light bulbs (such as Philips Hue), and more.
Full Web Browser: You can surf the Internet on the TV as you would on a PC. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can scroll web pages with the directional pad on the included remote. For a more convenient web browsing experience, connect a USB- or Bluetooth-enabled keyboard and mouse (sold separately) to the TV.
Smart Hub: The TV's Smart Hub has been redesigned and offers even easier navigation, plus quick access; you can even use these convenient features while still watching TV. The new Smart Hub features easy access to content by displaying your favorite and most used TV applications, as well as recommendations for even more entertainment options. Smart Hub offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and network apps.
- Universal & Keyword Search: You can type in a keyword to search for TV shows & movies across platforms, like over-the-air broadcasts and available online providers.
- Apps: From the TV's Home Screen, you can easily select the apps that have used previously or frequently. The apps can also be moved or deleted from the screen. You are also able to easily view, navigate and select between the following App categories - Editor's Choice, Most Popular, Downloaded Apps, Group Content, and Genre.
- TV Plus & Recommendations: The TV Plus feature aggregates TV and movie content from across services into a single interface. This includes on-demand TV shows, as well as movies available for rent or purchase. You'll also receive personalized recommendations based on your viewing habits, plus what's popular and trending.
- Channel Guide & Favorite Channels: In the Channel Guide, you can see the daily program schedules for each off-air broadcaster, see program information, choose a program to watch, and set up a schedule viewing. You can even designate frequently watched off-air stations as Favorites (up to 5).
- Notifications & Reminders: Set notifications & reminders to display on screen. You'll get a pop up message on the corner of your TV screen when there is a notification or reminder.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The Samsung TV offers Close Captions and an Audio Guide for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions. The Digital CC offers customizable text, font, and size. The Caption feature does not work for Component and HDMI input sources. Activate the Audio Guide for the visually impaired; this is only available with broadcasts that provide this service.
ECO Settings: The Samsung Full HD TV provides ECO settings to reduce the television's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Ambient Light Detection: Samsung's unique Ambient Light Detection measures the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Power Saving Mode: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- Motion Lighting: This feature adjusts the TV's brightness in response to on-screen movements to reduce power consumption.
- Auto Power Off: Automatically turns off the TV to reduce unnecessary power consumption if there is no operation for the length of time you specify (up to 4 hours)
Security Settings: The Samsung HDTV offers security features for TV programming and the Internet.
- Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN. You can also lock and unlock specific apps using the same 4-digit PIN.
- Smart Security: When any device is connected to the Internet, it is vulnerable to hacks and malicious code. Samsung Smart Security protects the TV and storage media connected to the TV from such threats, when the television is connected to the Internet.
Timers: You can set Off Timer to shut off the TV automatically at a specific time; the Off Timer is only available if the Clock has been set. The Sleep Timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minute. If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (defined by the user), the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Remote Support + Self Diagnosis: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your TV, adjust the TV settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates. Your TV must be connected to your homes wired or wireless network. The Samsung UHD TV also provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
- The television only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the TV's many features.
Auto Updates: If the television is connected to the Internet, you can have the TV update its software automatically while you are watching it. When the background update is completed, it is applied the next time the TV is turned on. Updates can also be done via USB. Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware & Software updates.
- Do not turn off the TV's power until the update is complete. The TV will turn off and on automatically after completing the software update. Video and audio settings will be reset to their defaults after a software update.
Illuminated IR Remote: The supplied IR remote control is designed to operate this Samsung Full HD TV, plus HDMI-connected Samsung Anynet+ and other HDMI-CEC components. With a press of a button, you can illuminate the backlit buttons on the remote.
Anynet+ (HDMI CEC): Anynet+ and HDMI-CEC functionality makes it possible to control HDMI-connected Samsung and other HDMI-CEC compliant external devices connected to the TV with ease. With Anynet+, you can use the TV remote control to operate all your compatible Samsung Anynet+ and HDMI-CEC devices that are connected to the TV via HDMI. Anynet+ can control up to 12 compatible external devices (up to 3 of the same type).
SmartThings App: Use the SmartThings app (for iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.0+) to turn your compatible smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the Samsung UHD TV. You can also use the app to share and mirror content between your compatible mobile device and the TV. Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to same wireless network as the Samsung UHD TV.
- Remote Control: Use the SmartThings app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to quickly and easily connect to the TV and control its main settings from your smartphone or tablet. In addition, you can remotely check and control the statuses of various devices such as Samsung smart devices, home appliances, and speakers registered to the server.
- Bidirectional Mirroring: Bidirectional mirroring refers to either outputting the screen and sound of your compatible Apple iOS or Android device on the Samsung UHD TV or outputting the screen and sound of the TV on your compatible mobile device. You can use the SmartThings app to enjoy the screen and sound of the TV on your mobile device or to play the screen and sound of your mobile device on the TV.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung Full HD TV will support a USB-enablead keyboard and mouse (both sold separately), which makes web browsing a lot easier.
Pedestal Feet: The TV comes with two pedestal feet, which need to be installed. The television weighs 9.5 lbs with the stand. This stand does not swivel.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 100mm (h) x 100mm (v). The threaded inserts require M4 (4mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 9.3 lbs without the stand.Ventilation Clearance: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung HDTV comes with a 5' detachable AC power cord. The power cord plugs into the back of the TV and fits flush with the rear-panel. The AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.875" from the wall.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked