About the Samsung QN43LS03A "The Frame"
The new Frame is even more frame-like
The new Frame is even more frame-like
I was already enough of a fan of Samsung's "The Frame" TV that I got my parents one a couple years ago. They wanted to hide their TV in plain sight, and "The Frame" is perfect for that because, well, it looks like a frame. And that's truer than ever with this year's slimmed down model.
The QN43LS03A can easily masquerade as part of a gallery wall when you're not binge-watching. Display a selection of masterworks from galleries around the world. Or perhaps even more satisfying — show off some of the countless photos you've taken with your phone or camera and never made prints of.
Art Mode transforms The Frame into a beautiful work of art when you're not watching TV.
A rotating digital gallery
It's easy to upload and display your own photographs or digital versions of other kinds of art, too. Load them up on a USB flash drive, or simply use the Samsung SmartThings app on your phone. You can use the app's filters to edit and improve your uploaded images. Further customize the artwork display by choosing from different matte color and layout options.
If you crave more options, you can purchase individual pieces from the Art Store or pay a monthly membership fee for unlimited access to the whole catalog. And if you subscribe, The Frame will learn your taste and automatically curate your collection accordingly.
Your shows look awesome, too
The Frame can make movie nights a work of art, too. It looks great whether you're watching a Blu-ray or 4K content from your favorite streaming service. Though you really don't need native 4K content to enjoy the picture quality. Samsung's 4K AI Upscaling enhances standard-definition and HD video signals so they look their very best on the Ultra HD display.
And thanks to Quantum Dot Technology, these QLED TVs display vivid, accurate colors at any brightness level, and HDR content looks stunning.
Dual backlighting optimizes contrast
The backlighting on a typical LED-LCD TV uses LEDs with a fixed color temperature. But Samsung has upgraded The Frame with dual-LED technology. That means the TV can alternate between warm and cool LEDs depending on what best suits the content. It also reduces light leakage for improved contrast.
The 43" Frame TV can be rotated to display art in portrait orientation.
Worried about power consumption? Don't be — The Frame has a built-in motion sensor, so it will only display art when there is someone in the room. You can adjust the motion sensor timer so the screen turns off when it no longer detects motion. There are also built-in ambient light sensors that adjust the image to your room's lighting conditions.
Samsung's already excellent remote got an eco-friendly upgrade this year. The new SolarCell Remote™ has a built-in solar cell that is sensitive enough to keep the battery charged using the basic indoor lights in your home. This simple change could keep millions of batteries out of the landfill and save you a trip to the store.
Like prior Samsung remotes, this version makes it easy to control all your connected devices. It also has a button to activate your choice of included voice assistants: Bixby, Google, or Alexa.
Keeps a low profile
The Frame looks super-streamlined when hung with Samsung's included Slim Fit Wall Mount. It allows the Frame TV to rest nearly flush against the wall, just like a real picture frame. And you don't have to clutter up the view with a bunch of wires thanks to the included One Connect Box. You hook up all your gear — Blu-ray player, cable box, game console, etc. — to the hub, then run a single slim cable up to the TV to supply it with signals and power.
- 42.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- Art Mode transforms The Frame into a beautiful work of art when you're not watching TV
- upload your own files via flash drive or the SmartThings app
- adjust your photos using the many filter, matte, and layout options
- Samsung's online Art Store lets you buy individual pieces or subscribe to an ever-increasing library of established and emerging artists' work
- the Art Store's Auto Curation feature learns what you like and recommends new art accordingly
- built-in motion sensor and timer save energy by only displaying art when you're in the room
- Ambient Mode+ allows screen to mimic the wall behind it (available via SmartThings app)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Quantum Dot technology provides 100% color volume — full color with full brightness
- Quantum Processor 4K improves contrast, shadow detail, and color accuracy
- Quantum HDR (HDR10, HDR10+, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- edge-lit Dual LED backlight uses cool tone and warm tone LEDs for improved picture contrast
- Supreme UHD Dimming (frame dimming) further enhances contrast
- Motion Rate 120 blur reduction (60Hz refresh rate)
- Filmmaker Mode™ automatically adjusts picture settings to preserve the director's intent
- 4K AI Upscaling enhances standard-def and high-def video signals for optimum display on a 4K screen
Video source compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 25Mbps)
- Apple TV app lets you rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV features:
- built-in Bixby, Google Assistant, and Amazon Alexa voice control assistants
- TV is also compatible with other Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa devices (sold separately)
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- built-in Apple AirPlay® 2 allows wireless streaming from your Apple device
- mobile-to-TV and TV-to-mobile wireless mirroring
- Multi View feature allows split screen with your smartphone mirrored on one half and the content you're watching on the other
- Game Motion Plus optimizes settings for smooth game play
- supports ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)
- Super Ultrawide GameView lets you adjust the aspect ratio from 21:9 to 32:9 and move the screen position to eye level for compatible PC games, optimizing your playing experience
- Game Bar on-screen menu lets you double check your input lag and make adjustments to your fps (frames per second), HDR, wireless headset settings, etc.
Connections (on One Connect Box):
- 4 HDMI 2.0b inputs
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 2 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- One Invisible Connection™: ultra-thin proprietary cable connects hub to TV (carries signals and power)
- built-in 2-channel speaker system (20 watts)
- works with select Samsung sound bars featuring Q-Symphony technology to create a fuller soundstage
- Object Tracking Sound Lite helps locate sounds where they appear on-screen
- Active Voice Amplifier analyzes ambient room noise and enhances voices for clear dialogue
General features and info:
- SolarCell Remote with built-in microphone for voice control
- can be charged using your home's lighting or USB
- dimensions with stand: 38-1/4"W x 23-5/16"H x 7-3/4"D
- dimensions without stand: 38-1/4"W x 22"H x 1"D
- weight: 19.4 lbs. with stand; 18.7 lbs. without stand
- detachable dual-footer stand
- wall-mountable (includes Slim Fit Wall Mount)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 200mm x 200mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # QN43LS03AAFXZA
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung QN43LS03A "The Frame"
Features & specs
The Samsung QN43LS03A "The Frame" replaces these items
- includes special picture modes for displaying pre-loaded artwork or your own photos
- Quantum Dot color, Quantum HDR 4X, and Quantum Processor 4K for the best possible picture quality with all video sources
- includes One Connect Box, One Invisible Connection cable, and No Gap Wall Mount for clean, clutter-free wall-mounting