About the Samsung UN55C8000
3D delivers a deeper viewing experience
3D delivers a deeper viewing experience
We love the UN55C8000's elegant brushed-titanium bezel, but it's quickly forgotten as a high-def 3D diorama unfolds before your eyes. If you've seen a recent 3D movie like Avatar in a theater, you know how it transforms the viewing experience: You feel more a part of the on-screen world. When you combine the 3D-ready UN55C8000 with a 3D video source and Samsung's 3D glasses (sold separately), you can enjoy mesmerizing 3D images in the comfort of your living room.
How 3D TV works
3D technology creates the illusion of depth in a two-dimensional image by presenting a slightly different view to each eye. Our eyes and brain do this every day, allowing us to see the world around us in 3D. The UN55C8000 achieves a similar result by using a special LCD panel that can actually display two different versions of a video image, with the video frames alternating at very high speed.
You won't see 3D unless you're wearing 3D glasses
Samsung's special 3D glasses work hand in glove with the screen to create three-dimensional images. These liquid-crystal "shutter" glasses alternately darken the left or right lens in coordination with the frames flashing on screen, to ensure that your right eye sees only the right eye "view," and your left eye the left view. This happens hundreds of times per second, so you're never aware of it. The glasses communicate wirelessly with the UN55C8000 via infrared beams. This system sounds complicated, but it works seamlessly, creating an intensely immersive experience for movies, sports, and video games.
Connect a 3D video source for the ultimate experience
The ultimate 3D viewing experience starts with video material that was filmed or created in 3D. You can choose from several 3D Blu-ray players, and a limited number of 3D Blu-ray titles should be available. Also, ESPN® and DIRECTV® have launched dedicated 3D channels so that true 3D content is available to over 40 million satellite and cable TV viewers. As a bonus, the UN55C8000 features powerful video processing that creates a 3D effect with standard 2D broadcasts, Blu-rays, DVDs and video games.
Internet + TV = loads of entertainment options
The UN55C8000 is one of Samsung's Smart TV models, designed to plug in to your broadband Internet connection to stream video (Netflix®, YouTube®), and music (Pandora®), and more. Clever built-in apps give you easy access to several of the most popular entertainment websites. If you have a home network and a recent DLNA-compatible PC, you can stream music and video to this TV via a wired connection. And if you connect Samsung's optional wireless USB adapter, you can enjoy this set's networking capabilities without running a cable.
Learn about the ins and outs of HDMI connections at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of HDMI cables.
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- Touch of Color design with brushed titanium finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- can display 3D images when viewed with Samsung's shutter glasses (sold separately)
- LED edge backlight with Samsung Precision Dimming for high picture contrast with deep black levels
- 8,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 240Hz Clear Motion Rate blur reduction
- Internet-ready plays Netflix video and more (broadband service required; subscription required for Netflix service)
- you can find a complete list of Internet apps for this TV at Samsung's guide for apps
- Skype Internet calling (subscription required)
- AllShare video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC (wireless streaming requires Samsung's USB adapter)
- built-in stereo speakers (15 watts x 2)
- illuminated remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video
- 1 component video
- 4 HDMI v1.4 accepts signals up to 1080p (60Hz, 24Hz)
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- Audio Return Channel sends audio to a compatible A/V receiver via HDMI
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- 2 USB ports (1 for connecting a camera or thumb drive, 1 for use with Samsung's wireless USB adapter)
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 28-5/8"W x 12-1/8"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 50-1/2"W x 30-1/2"H x 1-1/8"D (32-7/8"H x 12-1/8"D on stand)
- weight: 53.4 lbs. with stand; 48.5 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UN55C8000
What's in the box:
Samsung UN55C8000 owner's manual
- 55" LED TV
- Main wireless remote control (BN59-01055A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal shaft
- Bottom cover (used when wall mounting)
- 6" Component video adapter (with a male 3.5mm connector on one end and female component video jacks on other end)
- 6" A/V cable (with a male 3.5mm connector on one end and female composite video/stereo RCA jacks on other end)
- 4.5" Antenna adapter (with a female RF-coaxial input on one end and a proprietary connector on other end)
- 6" Optical adapter (with a female optical jack on one end and a male 3.5mm connector on other end)
- 6" Audio adapter (with a male 3.5mm connector on one end and female stereo RCA jacks on other end)
- 5" PC adapter (with a RS232C port on one end and a male proprietary port on other end)
- 6" LAN adapter (with a female RJ-45 port on one end and a male proprietary connector on other end)
- Nine M4 x 8mm screws
- 4 Plastic wall-mount holder-rings
- TV-holder attachment with mounting screw (M8 x 18mm)
- Plastic wire cable holder
- 3 Self-adhesive wire clips
- Self-adhesive wire stand
- Screen cleaning cloth
- User Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- Quick Setup Guide (Eng)
- Quick Setup Guide (Spanish)
- Stand Assembly instructions
- "Securing the TV to the Wall" instructions
- Important Safety Instructions
- Cleaning note
- Limited Warranty To Original Purchaser (US)
- Warranty Information (Canada)
- "Eco Sensor" note
Samsung UN55C8000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Samsung UN55C8000
Features & specs
LED Edge-Lighting with Precision Dimming: Samsung's 8000 series LED TV includes Samsung's Precision Dimming technology that merges the advantages of LED edge-lighting with the control of local dimming technology in directly back-lit LED televisions. Samsung's LED Edge-Lighting with Precision Dimming technology allows for an amazing 8,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, and ultra-sharp blacks by allowing multiple LEDs to turn on an off automatically based on the image. Precision Dimming uses an array of special LEDs that create diamond-shaped areas of light to illuminate objects on the panel. These areas can vary in size and shape according to the light required, and an algorithm calculates where the light should be targeted to intensify contrast. The result is higher contrast ratios, deeper blacks, vibrant colors and enhanced energy efficiency. The LED backlight also provides more natural color representation and deep reds and greens because Samsung uses white LEDs that produce 105% of the broadcast color gamut. Overall, this LED Backlight system produces contrast with stronger blacks and whites, and greater subtlety of every gradation in between.
Ultra Clear Panel: With Samsung's Ultra Clear Panel colors are more vibrant, brighter, and clearer. This ultra clear panel technology also enhances contrast and reduces reflection so you can enjoy an overall outstanding viewing experience. This advanced panel technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio: This LED TV has a 8,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, giving you brilliant brightness and contrast for superior picture and detail from both PC and TV images.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus: The Samsung LED television features Wide Color Enhancer Plus to provide more natural, realistic colors. Wide Color Enhancer Plus delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
Auto Motion Plus 240Hz: Auto Motion Plus 240Hz technology virtually eliminates any motion blur and creates smooth transitions between frames. Auto Motion Plus calculates the image between frames and inserts it, creating a non-repetitive transition from one to the next. The result is a clearer picture than ever before. You can select from 5 Auto Motion Plus 240Hz settings
- Clear: Sets Auto Motion Plus 240Hz to minimum.
- Standard: Sets Auto Motion Plus 240Hz to medium.
- Smooth: Sets Auto Motion Plus 240Hz to maximum.
- Custom: Adjusts the blur and judder reduction level to suit your personal preference.
- Off: Switches Auto Motion Plus 240Hz off.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Native Resolution: The LED television displays all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p/60Hz (1080p/24Hz HDMI only), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
Video Inputs: The Samsung LED TV features analog (component/composite) and digital (HDMI) video inputs.
- HDMI (ver.1.4): The Samsung LED TV features four rear-panel 1080p (24/60Hz) HDMI 1.4 inputs. The Samsung LED TV supports HDMI 1.4 (with 3D and Audio Return Channel). The HDMI 1 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV.
- Component Video: The Samsung LED TV features a 3.5mm video input with a 6" component video adapter (1080p). The component video input features a 3.5mm audio output with a 6' stereo RCA-type adapter.
- Composite Video: There is also a 3.5mm audio/video input with a 6" composite video/stereo RCA adapter (480i).
HyperReal 3D Engine: The LED TV's HyperReal 3D Engine enables you to view 3D video from HDMI 1.4 3D (1920 x 2205p-24Hz and 1280 x 1470p-50/60Hz) sources and standard HDMI 2D (1920 x 1080p-24Hz or 1280 x 720p-50/60Hz) sources. In order to view 3D video, you will need a pair of Samsung 3D Glasses (such as the 305P2100T; sold separately). You can adjust the images for the left and right eye to enhance your 3D experience. The Samsung LED TV offers various 3D modes to match your 3D viewing needs.
- 2D-3D: Changes a 2D image to 3D; you can adjust the focus and depth of the image to maximize 3D experience.
- Side-by-Side: Displays two images next to each other. You can set the TV to display a Side-by-Side 3D image automatically for the following resolutions (16:9 only) - 1280 x 720p (60Hz), 1920 x 1080i (60Hz), and 1920 x 1080p (24/30/60Hz).
- Top & Bottom: Displays one image above another. Available when the resolution is 720p, 1080i or 1080p.
- Line-by-Line: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in rows. Available when the resolution is set to PC through HDMI or DVI.
- Vertical Stripe: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in columns. Available when the resolution is set to PC through HDMI or DVI.
- Checker Board: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in pixels. Available when the resolution is set to PC through HDMI or DVI.
- Frequency (60Hz): Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in frames. Available in PC mode only (1920 x 1080).
- 3D-2D: Displays the image for the left eye only.
- Off: Turns the 3D function off.
Note: There is a 3D emitter on the front-panel of the LED TV. If there is any obstacle between the emitter and the 3D glasses, the proper 3D effect may not be obtained. 3D glasses from other manufacturers may not be supported. 3D Mode is automatically disabled when accessing Media Play or Internet@TV. The following features are disabled during 3D Mode - PIP, Auto Program, and some Picture Adjustment functions.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The ARC function enables digital output of sound using the television's HDMI (ver.1.4) In 2 port and can only be operated when the TV is connected to an audio receiver that also supports the ARC function. When the Input Source of the LED television is the TV (antenna), the ARC function allows audio from the TV to be heard through a connected AV receiver via the television's HDMI 2 input. The audio is sent from the LED TV to your receiver via a single HDMI cable without the need for a separate optical cable.
Note: The ARC (Audio Return Channel) function is only supported on the television's HDMI 2 input. Your receiver must also support the ARC function and must be connected using a Category2 High-Speed HDMI cable
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes:
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external device you have connected to an input of the TV.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustment for an optimum picture:
- Automatic Picture Settings:
- Standard: suitable for a normal room
- Natural: suitable for an eye comfortable display
- Dynamic: suitable for a bright room
- Movie: suitable for watching movies in a dark room
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast level of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture
- Sharpness: adjusts the edge definition of the picture
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the color tint of the picture
- Advanced Picture Settings:
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth (off, dark, darker, darkest)
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided (off, low, medium, high)
- Shadow Detail: increases the brightness of dark images from -2 to +2
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity from -3 to +3
- Expert Pattern: by running the Expert Pattern function, the picture can be calibrated
- Color Space: color space is a color matrix composed of red, green and blue colors, you can select your favorite color space to experience the most natural color; you can choose from Auto, Native, or Custom (Red/Green/Blue)
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Flesh Tone: emphasize the pink flesh tone in a picture
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- 10p White Balance: controls the white balance in 10-point intervals by adjusting the red, green, and blue brightness
- Edge Enhancement: emphasize object boundaries in the picture
- xvYCC: provides a wider color space when used with xvYCC-compatible video components and content; using HDMI or component video connections; you can turn this feature On or Off; Picture Mode must be set to Movie to use this feature
- LED Motion Plus: removes drag from fast scenes with a lot of movement to provide a clearer picture
- Smart LED: controls the LED backlight to maximize picture clarity; it can be set to Standard, Low, High, or Off
HDMI Black Level: You can select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television. You can select either Normal or Low.
Digital Noise Filter: If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Reduction feature to help reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen. You can select Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
MPEG Noise Filter: This filter reduces MPEG noise of the picture. You can set the MPEG Noise Filter to Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
BD Wise: BD Wise provides the optimal picture quality setting for Samsung DVD, Blu-ray, and Home Theater products which support the BD Wise feature for a richer picture.
PIP (Picture-in-Picture): You can watch the TV's tuner and one external video source simultaneously. The TV channel will be displayed in a sub-screen which can be moved to each corner of the television's screen.
|Main Picture||Sub Picture|
|External Input: Component, HDMI, PC||TV: Antenna input|
Note: PIP does not function in the same mode.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
SRS TheaterSound: You can choose from the following sound settings:
- Standard: Select the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
- Custom: Adjusts the 5-band EQ; 100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz.
SRS TruSurround HD: SRS TruSurround HD is a patented SRS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
SRS TruDialog: This function allows you to increase the intensity of a voice over background music or sound effects so that dialogue can be heard more clearly.
Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung LED television provides an analog and digital audio output.
- Digital Audio: The digital output on the rear panel of the TV is a 3.5mm jack which includes a 6" optical output adapter. It will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM.
- Analog Audio: The TV also features an analog 3.5mm stereo audio output.
PC-Capable: This TV has a Samsung proprietary PC input and comes with 5" 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input adapter cable that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. Any HDMI input can also be used with a computer. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC/DVI Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen quality and position. The Samsung LED TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
Dual USB Ports: The LED TV features two rear-panel USB type-A ports. The USB ports can be used for firmware updates, playing music or picture/video files stored on a USB Mass Storage Class Device (MSC), or connecting to Samsung's network wirelessly using the proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN adapter (305Link, sold separately).
Media Play: Media Play enables you to view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class device (MTP: Media Transfer Protocol is not supported) using one of the television's USB type-A ports. Files must be formatted in FAT16/32 or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files in each folder.
- Video (MPEG-4) Playback: The TV supports the following Video formats (MPEG 1/2/4, DivX 3.11/4.x/5.1/6.0, XviD, H.264 BP/MP/HP, and WMV-9) up to a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a USB mass storage device.
- Still Image (JPEG) Playback: The TV supports JPEG still image files with a maximum resolution up to 15360 x 8640. JPEG still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view (up to 15 images). Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio (MP3) Playback: The TV supports MP3 audio files with a frequency rate of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz. MP3 music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album Genre, or Mood. Music files can be repeated in a selected folder.
Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung LED TV so that it can access the Internet through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (optional adapter required). You will also be able to play your pictures, music, and videos saved on your PC through the television using either connection. You can attach the TV to your network via a hardwired Ethernet (RJ-45) connection or a wireless connection using the optional Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter (305Link, sold separately). You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You san setup the wireless network connection using these four methods - PBC (WPS), Auto Network Search, Ad-Hoc, or Manually.
Note: Samsung's Wireless LAN adapter (sold separately) supports IEEE 802.11A/B/G/N and WEP/TKIP/TKIP-AES (except for 802.11N). When playing video over a IEEE 802.1B/G connection, the video may not pay smoothly.
DLNA Certified: The television's DLNA Certification allows you to watch videos, photos, and listen to music saved on your Windows 7 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or using wireless LAN connection (adapter sold separately). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Internet@TV: The Samsung LED TV features built-in web applications which allow you to stream video, play games, view pictures, and stay informed with news, stocks and weather information; as well as communicate with friends and family from the internet through the televisions Ethernet port or wireless connection (optional). The Internet@TV service provides Samsung Apps, and a Yahoo Widget Engine.
- Samsung Apps: From the TV's on-screen Samsung Apps menu you can
download a variety of content. You can search for internet content by
- What's New: Displays newly registered applications.
- Video: Displays various video media such as movies, TV shows, and short length videos from Blockbuster, YouTube, and Netflix.
- Games: Displays various games such as monopoly, sudoku, and chess.
- Sports: Displays various ports media such as match information, images, and short length video from the Associated Press and USA Today.
- Lifestyle: Includes various lifestyle media services such a music, personal photo management tools, and social networking (Facebook, Twitter, Pandora, etc.)
- Information: Includes various information services such as news, stocks, and weather.
- Others: Includes other miscellaneous services.
- My Page: Displays the application list and your cyber cash balance (starting in the middle of 2010, you can purchase cyber-cash for buying applications through tv.samsung.com.
- Help: Provides helpful information about Internet@TV
- Yahoo Widget Engine: The TV's integrated Yahoo Widget Engine allows you to monitor financial stocks, share photos with friends and family, and track news and weather from the television's network connection.
Note: Online content may change without notice (please check Samsung.com for latest online content).
AllShare: AllShare connects the Samsung LED TV and compatible Samsung mobile phones/devices through your network connection. On the TV, you can view call arrivals, SMS messages and schedules set on your mobile phone. In addition, you can play media contents, including photos, videos, and music saved on your mobile phone or other devices (such as your PC) by controlling them on the TV via your network connection. Additionally, you can use the TV for browsing web pages in your mobile phone.
Note: Please visit Samsung.com for compatible devices.
ToC (Touch of Color): Samsung's new Touch of Color design features a brushed aluminum frame around the Samsung 8000 Series LED television.
Ultra-Slim Design: The Samsung LED TV features an ultra-slim flat-panel design that measures only 1.125" deep (with cord).
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and Digital Media Adapter.
Channel Labels: Each analog channel programmed into memory can be labeled with a name. Digital channels names are already assigned and cannot be edited.
Favorite Channel: You can create a list of your favorite channels and recall the list using the FAV.CH button on the remote.
Analog Channel Fine Tuning: The fine tuning feature allows you to manually adjust analog channels for optimal reception. A separate fine tuning setting may be put into the TV's memory for each analog channel.
V-Chip: The V-Chip automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can set up the parameters for the V-Chip using the TV Parental Guidelines, MPAA (movie) ratings, Canadian French, or Canadian English ratings systems. The V-Chip function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
FastStart: When the TV is powered on, the screen will turn on quickly with this feature.
ENERGY STAR Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung LED TV is ENERGY STAR compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- ECO Sensor: To enhance your power savings, the picture settings will automatically adapt to the light in the room.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, Auto, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turned off after 3 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating (available only when the TV is turned on by the Timer).
Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Self Diagnosis: The Samsung LED TV provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture and sound problems.
Melody: A unique melody plays when the TV is turned on and off. The melody volume is adjustable (Low/Medium/High), or you can turn this feature off if you prefer.
Illuminated Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the Samsung LED television and Anynet+ connected components. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23 feet from TV with a direct line of sight. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button.
Note: This remote control has Braille points on the Power, Channel, and Volume buttons for the visually impaired.
Anynet+: Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with the Samsung television's remote control. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung devices that support the Anynet+ features. The Anynet+ feature must be turned on in the menu to function.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The pedestal stand attaches to the television using the supplied hardware. The pedestal stand allows the TV to swivel left to right +/- 20-degrees. The television weighs 53.4 lbs with the stand.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back-panel for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 400 x 400 (400mm horizontal x 400mm vertical) in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. The threaded inserts require M8 (8mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 48.5 lbs without the stand.
Note: The four supplied plastic ring-holders should be used when installing an optional wall-mount bracket. The right-angle AC plug sits 1.0" from the wall.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington Lock. This TV has a slot on the rear panel to accommodate a Kensington Lock device.
I've had this TV for 2 months now and LOVE it! The picture is breath taking... now I'm stuck with having to go through all of my old movies and watch them over with a real TV.
Tom from Michigan