About the Samsung UN55C9000
Samsung's 3D-ready LED TV looks amazing
Samsung's 3D-ready LED TV looks amazing
The Samsung UN55C9000 looks like it could have been transported back from the future. Check out that razor-thin profile the TV practically disappears. An ultra-slim wall mount is included that lets you hang this set on the wall as you would a picture frame.
We got to see advance demos of 3D TVs before the first production models arrived, so we knew what to expect, but we continue to be really impressed by how close 3D TV comes to watching a 3D movie in a theater. If you saw Avatar, you know how 3D transforms the viewing experience. You feel more a part of the on-screen world.
The most compelling 3D viewing experience starts with video material that was filmed or created for 3D. When you combine the UN55C9000 with Samsung's 3D glasses and a 3D Blu-ray player, you can immerse yourself in a 3D world every night, in the comfort of your living room. You'll be able to choose from a limited number of 3D Blu-ray titles, and ESPN® and DIRECTV® have launched dedicated 3D channels so that true 3D content is available to over 40 million satellite and cable TV viewers.
How 3D TV works
3D TVs present a slightly different view to each eye, and that's what creates the illusion that images begin in front of and extend well behind the actual screen. The UN55C9000 sets the stage for these 3D effects by using a special LCD panel that can display two different versions of a video image. One version is for the left eye and one is for the right, and these left-eye and right-eye video frames alternate at high speed.
You need 3D glasses made for 3D TV
Samsung's special 3D glasses are much more advanced than the ones you've used at the movie theater. These liquid-crystal "shutter" glasses alternately darken the left or right lens in coordination with the frames flashing on screen, to ensure that your right eye sees only the right eye "view," and your left eye the left view. This happens hundreds of times per second, and the glasses communicate wirelessly with the TV, so you're never aware of it. If this system sounds a bit complicated, it works seamlessly, pulling you deeply into movies, sports, and video games.
It's contrast that makes a TV picture pop
Whether you're planning to watch in 3D or 2D, one thing all of the best-performing LCD TVs have in common is LED backlighting. Why? Terrific picture contrast. And even among LED-lit TVs, the UN55C9000's contrast is stellar, thanks to Samsung's Mega Dynamic Contrast design.
The screen's LEDs are able to switch completely off, producing deep, rich blacks that lay a solid foundation for an eye-popping picture. The LEDs actually turn on and off based on the image, so you see the subtlest details and shadings imaginable. Conventional fluorescent backlights have difficulty reproducing the full spectrum of on-screen colors, but this TV covers 100% of the broadcast color range. You'll see vivid, natural hues, with especially deep reds and greens.
Wi-Fi® touchscreen remote lets you keep watching while moving around your home
The UN55C9000 comes with the coolest remote control we've ever seen. It has a beautiful look and feel, with a crisp, colorful touchscreen that will remind you of a smartphone. This is the first Wi-Fi®-equipped remote we've tried. It lets you control the TV from an extended distance, and includes a "Twin Display" feature that puts whatever you're watching on the TV screen on the remote's screen, as well. You can go out to the kitchen and fix a snack without missing a moment. Sweet.
Internet + TV = loads of entertainment options
Samsung makes it very easy to plug this TV into your broadband Internet connection to stream video (Netflix®, YouTube®), and music (Pandora®), and lots more. A set of simple built-in web apps lets you quickly get to some of the most popular entertainment websites.
Samsung's AllShare: it's all about sharing between your PC and TV
If you have a home network and a recent PC that's running Windows® 7, you can watch videos and photos and listen to music stored on your PC. You can run a network cable, or use the supplied Wi-Fi USB adapter to enjoy this set's networking capabilities wirelessly.
Learn about the ins and outs of HDMI connections at the Crutchfield Learning Center.
Shop our selection of HDMI cables.
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- Touch of Color design with brushed titanium finish
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- can display 3D images when viewed with Samsung's shutter glasses (sold separately)
- LED edge backlight for high picture contrast with deep black levels
- 6,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 240Hz Clear Motion Rate blur reduction for clearer motion
- Internet-ready plays Netflix® video and more (broadband service required; subscriptions required for Netflix and Skype)
- you can find a complete list of Internet apps for this TV at Samsung's guide for apps
- AllShare video and music streaming from a DLNA-compatible Windows® PC (wireless streaming requires Samsung's USB adapter)
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- Wi-Fi®-equipped universal remote control with 3" touchscreen and Twin Display feature, plus a second basic remote
- Anynet+ simplifies control of compatible Samsung components via the HDMI connection (HDMI-CEC)
- meets ENERGY STAR® requirements
- picture settings memory for each video input
Connections and Dimensions:
- 6 A/V inputs in the pedestal base, including:
- 1 composite video
- 1 component video
- 4 HDMI v1.4 accepts signals up to 1080p (60Hz, 24Hz)
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- Audio Return Channel sends audio to a compatible A/V receiver via HDMI
- Ethernet port for a high-speed connection to a home network
- 2 USB ports (1 for connecting a camera or thumb drive, 1 for use with Samsung's wireless USB adapter)
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 30-1/4"W x 12-1/8"D)
- wall-mountable (ultra-slim picture frame-style mount is included)
- when wall-mounting the TV, the pedestal base disassembles so that the audio/video inputs module can be attached to the rear panel
- 51"W x 31"H x 1-1/4"D (34-1/2"H x 12-1/8"D on stand)
- weight: 55.8 lbs. with stand; 45.9 lbs. with wall mount
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UN55C9000
What's in the box:
Samsung UN55C9000 owner's manual
- 55" LED TV with attached base
- Touchscreen LCD remote (RMC30C1)
- 3.7V Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- CR2032 3V lithium-cell battery
- Wireless LAN/USB adapter
- 65" USB cable (with a USB type-A port on one end and a proprietary USB port on other end)
- Right-angle USB adapter
- USB adapter
- AC charger with female USB port
- 6" Component video adapter (with a male 3.5mm connector on one end and female component video jacks on other end)
- 6" A/V cable (with a male 3.5mm connector on one end and female composite video/stereo RCA jacks on other end)
- Wire hanger
- 2 Tilt arms
- 2 Wall brackets
- 3 Drywall anchors
- 3 Drywall inserts
- Three M5 x 60mm machine screws
- Three M5 x 65mm wood-screws (flat-washer attached)
- Two M4 x 15mm machine screws
- Four M3 x 3.5mm machine screws
- 8 Threaded posts
- TV-holder attachment with mounting screw
- 4 Self-adhesive wire clips
- Screen cleaning cloth
- LED TV User Manual (Eng/Fre/Spa)
- LED TV Quick Setup Guide (English)
- LED TV Quick Setup Guide (Spanish)
- Touch Remote User Manual
- Touch Remote Quick Setup Guide (English)
- Touch Remote Quick Setup Guide (Spanish)
- Touch Remote Quick Setup Guide (French)
- Wall-Mount Quick Setup Guide
- "Securing the TV to the Wall" instructions
- Important Safety Instructions
- Cleaning note
- Limited Warranty To Original Purchaser (US)
- Warranty Information (Canada)
- "Eco Sensor" note
- Touch Remote Limited Warranty
- Wall-Mount Limited Warranty
- "!Warning!" note
Samsung UN55C9000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Samsung UN55C9000
Features & specs
LED Edge-Lighting: Samsung's LED Edge-Lighting technology allows for an amazing 6,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, and ultra-sharp blacks by allowing multiple LEDs to turn on an off automatically based on the image. The LED backlight also provides more natural color representation and deep reds and greens because Samsung uses white LEDs that produce 105% of the broadcast color gamut. The television's white LEDs are arranged along the left and right edges of the screen and a proprietary light guide is used to focus its luminance inwards towards the middle of the screen for a more uniform brightness. Overall, this LED Backlight system produces contrast with stronger blacks and whites, and greater subtlety of every gradation in between.
Ultra Clear Panel: With Samsung's Ultra Clear Panel colors are more vibrant, brighter, and clearer. This ultra clear panel technology also enhances contrast and reduces reflection so you can enjoy an overall outstanding viewing experience. This advanced panel technology lets you enjoy crisp image details, natural skin tones, excellent shadow detail, and vibrant colors.
Mega Dynamic Contrast Ratio: This LED TV has a 6,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, giving you brilliant brightness and contrast for superior picture and detail from both PC and TV images.
Wide Color Enhancer Plus: The Samsung LED television features Wide Color Enhancer Plus to provide more natural, realistic colors. Wide Color Enhancer Plus delivers the entire spectrum of color and luminance for rich, saturated images with intense detail.
Auto Motion Plus 240Hz: Auto Motion Plus 240Hz technology virtually eliminates any motion blur and creates smooth transitions between frames. Auto Motion Plus calculates the image between frames and inserts it, creating a non-repetitive transition from one to the next. The result is a clearer picture than ever before. You can select from 5 Auto Motion Plus 240Hz settings
- Clear: Sets Auto Motion Plus 240Hz to minimum.
- Standard: Sets Auto Motion Plus 240Hz to medium.
- Smooth: Sets Auto Motion Plus 240Hz to maximum.
- Custom: Adjusts the blur and judder reduction level to suit your personal preference.
- Off: Switches Auto Motion Plus 240Hz off.
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Native Resolution: The LED television displays all inputs at a resolution of 1080p (1920 x 1080). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p/60Hz (1080p/24Hz HDMI only), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
Video Inputs: The Samsung LED TV features analog (component/composite) and digital (HDMI) video inputs along the rear and side panel of the attached pedestal stand.
- HDMI (ver.1.4): The Samsung LED TV features four 1080p (24/60Hz) HDMI 1.4 inputs (3 rear/1 side). The Samsung LED TV supports HDMI 1.4 (with 3D and Audio Return Channel). The HDMI 1 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, a separate audio cable will also be needed from the device to the "PC/DVI Audio In" 3.5mm stereo audio jack. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV.
- Component Video: The Samsung LED TV features a 3.5mm video input (rear-panel) with a 6" component video adapter (1080p).
- Composite Video: There is also a 3.5mm audio/video input (rear-panel) with a 6" composite video/stereo RCA adapter (480i).
Note: For Component Video, you need to hookup up both the Component Video adapter cable and composite video adapter cable, and use the audio portion from the composite video adapter cable.
HyperReal 3D Engine: The LED TV's HyperReal 3D Engine enables you to view 3D video from HDMI 1.4 3D (1920 x 2205p-24Hz and 1280 x 1470p-50/60Hz) sources and standard HDMI 2D (1920 x 1080p-24Hz or 1280 x 720p-50/60Hz) sources. In order to view 3D video, you will need a pair of Samsung 3D Glasses (such as the 305P2100T; sold separately). You can adjust the images for the left and right eye to enhance your 3D experience. The Samsung LED TV offers various 3D modes to match your 3D viewing needs.
- 2D-3D: Changes a 2D image to 3D; you can adjust the focus and depth of the image to maximize 3D experience.
- Side-by-Side: Displays two images next to each other. You can set the TV to display a Side-by-Side 3D image automatically for the following resolutions (16:9 only) - 1280 x 720p (60Hz), 1920 x 1080i (60Hz), and 1920 x 1080p (24/30/60Hz).
- Top & Bottom: Displays one image above another. Available when the resolution is 720p, 1080i or 1080p.
- Line-by-Line: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in rows. Available when the resolution is set to PC through HDMI or DVI.
- Vertical Stripe: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in columns. Available when the resolution is set to PC through HDMI or DVI.
- Checker Board: Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in pixels. Available when the resolution is set to PC through HDMI or DVI.
- Frequency (60Hz): Displays the images for the left and right eye alternately in frames. Available in PC mode only (1920 x 1080).
- 3D-2D: Displays the image for the left eye only.
- Off: Turns the 3D function off.
Note: There is a 3D emitter on the front-panel of the LED TV. If there is any obstacle between the emitter and the 3D glasses, the proper 3D effect may not be obtained. 3D glasses from other manufacturers may not be supported. 3D Mode is automatically disabled when accessing Media Play or Internet@TV. The following features are disabled during 3D Mode - PIP, Auto Program, and some Picture Adjustment functions.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The ARC function enables digital output of sound using the television's HDMI (ver.1.4) In 2 port and can only be operated when the TV is connected to an audio receiver that also supports the ARC function. When the Input Source of the LED television is the TV (antenna), the ARC function allows audio from the TV to be heard through a connected AV receiver via the television's HDMI 2 input. The audio is sent from the LED TV to your receiver via a single HDMI cable without the need for a separate optical cable.
Note: The ARC (Audio Return Channel) function is only supported on the television's HDMI 2 input. Your receiver must also support the ARC function and must be connected using a Category2 High-Speed HDMI cable
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes:
- 16:9: Sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode.
- Zoom 1: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Zoom 2: Vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote.
- Wide Fit: Proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio.
- 4:3: Sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen.
- Screen Fit: See the full image with no resizing when HDMI (720p/1080i/180p) or Component (1080i/1080p) signals are inputted
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external device you have connected to an input of the TV.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustment for an optimum picture:
- Automatic Picture Settings:
- Standard: suitable for a normal room
- Natural: suitable for an eye comfortable display
- Dynamic: suitable for a bright room
- Movie: suitable for watching movies in a dark room
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast level of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture
- Sharpness: adjusts the edge definition of the picture
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the color tint of the picture
- Advanced Picture Settings:
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth (off, dark, darker, darkest)
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided (off, low, medium, high)
- Shadow Detail: increases the brightness of dark images from -2 to +2
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity from -3 to +3
- Expert Pattern: by running the Expert Pattern function, the picture can be calibrated
- Color Space: color space is a color matrix composed of red, green and blue colors, you can select your favorite color space to experience the most natural color; you can choose from Auto, Native, or Custom (Red/Green/Blue)
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Flesh Tone: emphasize the pink flesh tone in a picture
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- 10p White Balance: controls the white balance in 10-point intervals by adjusting the red, green, and blue brightness
- Edge Enhancement: emphasize object boundaries in the picture
- xvYCC: provides a wider color space when used with xvYCC-compatible video components and content; using HDMI or component video connections; you can turn this feature On or Off; Picture Mode must be set to Movie to use this feature
- LED Motion Plus: removes drag from fast scenes with a lot of movement to provide a clearer picture
HDMI Black Level: You can select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television. You can select either Normal or Low.
Digital Noise Filter: If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Reduction feature to help reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen. You can select Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
MPEG Noise Filter: This filter reduces MPEG noise of the picture. You can set the MPEG Noise Filter to Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality. Film mode is supported in TV, AV, Component (480i/1080i), and HDMI (480i/1080i).
Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
BD Wise: BD Wise provides the optimal picture quality setting for Samsung DVD, Blu-ray, and Home Theater products which support the BD Wise feature for a richer picture.
Auto Volume: Auto Volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels. The Auto Volume feature can be set to Normal, Night or Off.
SRS TheaterSound: You can choose from the following sound settings:
- Standard: Select the normal sound mode.
- Music: Emphasizes music over voices.
- Movie: Provides the best sound for movies.
- Clear Voice: Emphasizes voices over other sounds.
- Amplify: Amplify mode is for people who have difficulty hearing.
- Custom: Adjusts the 5-band EQ; 100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz.
SRS TruSurround HD: SRS TruSurround HD is a patented SRS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
SRS TruDialog: This function allows you to increase the intensity of a voice over background music or sound effects so that dialogue can be heard more clearly.
Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Audio Outputs: The Samsung LED television provides an analog and digital audio output on the rear-panel of the attached pedestal base.
- Digital Audio: The optical digital output on the rear panel will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM.
- Analog Audio: The rear-panel 3.5mm stereo audio output allows you connect the TV to your home stereo.
PC-Capable: This unit has a15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input on the rear-panel of the attached pedestal base that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection. Any HDMI input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen quality and position.
Note: The Samsung LED TV provides an optimal PC resolution of 1920 x 1080p (60Hz).
Dual USB Ports: The LED TV features two USB type-A ports on the side-panel of the attached pedestal base. The USB ports can be used for firmware updates, playing music or picture/video files stored on a USB Mass Storage Class Device (MSC), or connecting to Samsung's network wirelessly using the included proprietary Samsung Wireless LAN/USB adapter.
Media Play: Media Play enables you to view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a USB Mass Storage Class device (MTP: Media Transfer Protocol is not supported) using one of the television's USB type-A ports. Files must be formatted in FAT16/32 or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files in each folder.
- Video (MPEG-4) Playback: The TV supports the following Video formats (MPEG 1/2/4, DivX 3.11/4.x/5.1/6.0, XviD, H.264 BP/MP/HP, and WMV-9) up to a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080. Movie files are displayed in a folder and title list in either date or alphabetical order. The TV offers Play, Pause, Search, and Resume playback functions for compatible video files stored on a USB mass storage device.
- Still Image (JPEG) Playback: The TV supports JPEG still image files with a maximum resolution up to 15360 x 8640. JPEG still image files can be viewed as a slide show with background music or as a thumbnail view (up to 15 images). Still images can also viewed full-screen and zoomed or rotated.
- Audio (MP3) Playback: The TV supports MP3 audio files with a frequency rate of 32, 44.1, or 48 kHz. MP3 music files are displayed in a folder and track list, and can be sorted by Artist, Album Genre, or Mood. Music files can be repeated in a selected folder.
Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung LED TV so that it can access the Internet through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection. You will also be able to play your pictures, music, and videos saved on your PC through the television using either connection. You can attach the TV to your network via a hardwired Ethernet (RJ-45) connection (Ethernet port found on back of attached pedestal base) or a wireless connection using the included Samsung Wireless LAN Adapter. You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You san setup the wireless network connection using these four methods - PBC (WPS), Auto Network Search, Ad-Hoc, or Manually.
Note: Samsung's Wireless LAN adapter supports IEEE 802.11A/B/G/N and WEP/TKIP/TKIP-AES (except for 802.11N). When playing video over a IEEE 802.1B/G connection, the video may not pay smoothly.
DLNA Certified: The television's DLNA Certification allows you to watch videos, photos, and listen to music saved on your Windows 7 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or using a wireless LAN connection (via included LAN/USB adapter). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Note: If your PC is not DLNA certified, you must install Samsung PC Share Manager from www.samsung.com.
Internet@TV: The Samsung LED TV features built-in web applications which allow you to stream video, play games, view pictures, and stay informed with news, stocks and weather information; as well as communicate with friends and family from the internet through the televisions Ethernet port or wireless connection (via included LAN/USB adapter). The Internet@TV service provides Samsung Apps, and a Yahoo Widget Engine.
- Samsung Apps: From the TV's on-screen Samsung Apps menu you can
download a variety of content. You can search for internet content by
- What's New: Displays newly registered applications.
- Video: Displays various video media such as movies, TV shows, and short length videos from Blockbuster, YouTube, and Netflix.
- Games: Displays various games such as monopoly, sudoku, and chess.
- Sports: Displays various ports media such as match information, images, and short length video from the Associated Press and USA Today.
- Lifestyle: Includes various lifestyle media services such a music, personal photo management tools, and social networking (Facebook, Twitter, Pandora, etc.)
- Information: Includes various information services such as news, stocks, and weather.
- Others: Includes other miscellaneous services.
- My Page: Displays the application list and your cyber cash balance (starting in the middle of 2010, you can purchase cyber-cash for buying applications through tv.samsung.com.
- Help: Provides helpful information about Internet@TV
- Yahoo Widget Engine: The TV's integrated Yahoo Widget Engine allows you to monitor financial stocks, share photos with friends and family, and track news and weather from the television's network connection.
Note: Online content may change without notice (please check Samsung.com for latest online content).
AllShare: AllShare connects the Samsung LED TV and compatible Samsung mobile phones/devices through your network connection. On the TV, you can view call arrivals, SMS messages and schedules set on your mobile phone. In addition, you can play media contents, including photos, videos, and music saved on your mobile phone or other devices (such as your PC) by controlling them on the TV via your network connection. Additionally, you can use the TV for browsing web pages in your mobile phone.
Note: Please visit Samsung.com for compatible devices.
ToC (Touch of Color): Samsung's new Touch of Color design features a brushed aluminum frame around the Samsung 9000 Series LED television.
Ultimate-Slim Design: The Samsung LED TV features an ultimate-slim flat-panel design that measures only 1.25" deep (with connection panel and cord).
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and Digital Media Adapter.
Channel Labels: Each analog channel programmed into memory can be labeled with a name. Digital channels names are already assigned and cannot be edited.
Favorite Channel: You can create a list of your favorite channels and recall the list using the FAV.CH button on the remote.
Analog Channel Fine Tuning: The fine tuning feature allows you to manually adjust analog channels for optimal reception. A separate fine tuning setting may be put into the TV's memory for each analog channel.
V-Chip: The V-Chip automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can set up the parameters for the V-Chip using the TV Parental Guidelines, MPAA (movie) ratings, Canadian French, or Canadian English ratings systems. The V-Chip function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. An On/off timer can be set to repeat only once, everyday, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, or Sat-Sun. You can also choose the On Timer's content (TV, USB, or Antenna) and volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
FastStart: When the TV is powered on, the screen will turn on quickly with this feature.
ENERGY STAR Compliant with ECO Settings: The Samsung LED TV is ENERGY STAR compliant and provides ECO settings to reduce the TV's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- ECO Sensor: To enhance your power savings, the picture settings will automatically adapt to the light in the room.
- Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, Auto, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- No Signal Standby: The TV will automatically switch to standby mode, if no picture is being received for a predetermined set amount of time (15, 30, or 60 minutes).
Auto Power Off: The TV will be automatically turned off after 3 hours of being left idle to prevent overheating (available only when the TV is turned on by the Timer).
Auto Protection Time: If the screen remains idle with a still image for a certain period of time (2, 4, 8, 10 hours) defined by the user, the TV's built-in screen saver is activated to prevent the formation of host images on the screen.
Self Diagnosis: The Samsung LED TV provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture and sound problems.
Melody: A unique melody plays when the TV is turned on and off. The melody volume is adjustable (Low/Medium/High), or you can turn this feature off if you prefer.
Touchscreen Remote: The Samsung LED TV comes supplied with a 3" LCD (320 x 240) Touch Remote which supports IR and Wi-Fi wireless control. The LCD Touch Remote operates off of a single 3.7V rechargeable lithium-ion battery (included). There is an included AC adapter charger which allows you to charge the battery inside the remote when connected to an AC outlet. A fully charged battery provides up to 2 hours of operation. The touchscreen remote can be setup to control the TV in three ways.
- IR Remote: As an IR remote, the LCD Touch Remote works the same ways as a standard push button remote, except you touch icons and symbols on the LCD screen to control your TV, instead of pushing buttons. using the Touch Remote as an IR remote requires not more set up than a standard remote and gives you access to most of the remote's functions and features.
- Wi-Fi Remote: As an extended distance, Wi-Fi remote, the Touch Remote offers all the functions and features of the IR mode and, because it uses Wi-Fi waves instead of infrared waves to control the TV, it lest you control the TV from a much greater distance and even from around corners. It also gives you access to the Twin Display function which lets you watch the program or content that is on your TV screen on the LCD screen of the Touch remote. The long distance, Wi-Fi mode requires a few additional setup steps. It also requires you to attach the included Samsung Wireless LAN/USB Adapter to on of the television's USB ports.
- Network Remote: As a Network, Wi-Fi remote, the Touch Remote gives you all the functions and features of the IR and the extended distance modes and also gives you access to the Multimedia function which lets you listen to or view music, movie, and picture files from your PC on the LED TV screen. You can also download upgrades to your Touch Remote's software directory from the Internet. The networked, Wi-Fi mode requires the largest number of setup steps. In addition, to use the networked, Wi-Fi mode, you need a working local area network and a wireless router. You also need to attach the included Samsung Wireless LAN/USB Adapter to one of the TV's USB ports. To use the Multimedia function, you need to install Samsung's PC Share Manager (ver. 4.0) on your PC. you can download PC Share Manager from http:/www.samsung.com.
Twin Display: With Twin Display, you can watch the video displayed on the LED TV simultaneously on the LCD screen of the Touch Remote; in Wi-Fi or Network mode.
Remote Media Playback: Remote Media Playback lets you listen to or view music, movie, and picture files from your PC on the LCD screen of the remote control. The remote features a 3.5mm headphone output for connecting a set of headphones for audio listening.
Note: You must install Samsung PC Share Manager (ver. 4.0 or higher).
Learn Commands: This function lets you control connected external devices such as Blu-ray players, DVD players, etc. with the LCD Touch Remote. After you connect the device to the TV, the LCD Touch Remote can learn the navigation, number, and other keys needed to operated and control the devices. The LCD Touch Remote controls the devices with its standard, IR control functionality.
Macro: You can register a function of an external devices as a "hot-key". when you tap that "hot-key", the device performs the function.
Anynet+: Anynet+ is a function that enables you to control all connected Samsung devices that support Anynet+ with the Samsung television's remote control. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung devices that support the Anynet+ features. The Anynet+ feature must be turned on in the menu to function.
Mini-Remote: The Mini Remote Control is a simplified IR remote control that consists of the power, channel, and volume buttons only. The Mini Remote operates off of a single CR2032 3V lithium-cell battery.
Pedestal Stand with AV Connections: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand attached. The pedestal stand allows the TV to swivel left to right +/- 20-degrees. The pedestal also contains all of the TV's audio/video, USB, network, and PC connections; as well as controls and speakers. The pedestal stand can be removed to wall-mount the television, using the supplied wall-mount kit. Since the television's audio/video connections, speaker, and controls are on the pedestal base, you have to remove the connection/control/speaker panel from the bottom of the pedestal base (after removing the pedestal stand from the television). Once the pedestal stand and control panel are removed, the control/connection/speaker panel then mounts to the back of the television, using the supplied hardware.
Note: The television weighs 55.8 lbs with the stand, and 45.9 lbs with the wall-mount.
Ultra-Slim Wall-Mount: The TV comes supplied with a proprietary Ultra-slim wall-mount. The Samsung ultra-slim wall-mount (CY-WMN9000C) is a picture frame-style mount which allows you to hang this Samsung LED TV on your wall like a picture. Its ultra-slim design perfectly complements the Samsung ultimate-thin LED TV by reducing the gap between the TV and the wall to just 1.0 inch. All hardware for installation is included. Two solid metal wall-mounted TV anchors act as picture frame hooks, while two ABS plastic discs, connected by a sturdy 23.5" cable, screw into the threaded inserts on back the television. Two additional discs attach to the lower threaded inserts of the TV and serve as spacers. Once the wall-mount discs and wire anchor are in place, two people can simply lift the TV up on the wall and slide it down until the wire catches on the anchors. Both of the spacers installed on back of the television has a metal prop that swings down to hold the TV out at an angle, so you can easily make connections behind the TV after it is hung.
Note: Dry-wall and sheetrock anchors are supplied (dry-wall or Gypsum-board must be at least 1/2" thick), though Stud-mounting is recommended whenever possible. The TV's right-angle AC plug sits 1.0" from the wall.