About the Samsung QN55LS01T "The Serif"
Add a touch of sophisticated style to your space
Add a touch of sophisticated style to your space
Samsung invented the concept of the "lifestyle TV" when they introduced The Frame TVs a few years ago. Those TVs are designed for wall mounting, while the new Serif series will bring eye-catching style to your space whether you place the TV on a tabletop or mount it on the supplied easel stand.
True-to-life colors that won't wash out in bright rooms
This Serif model is part of the 2020 QLED lineup — it uses Samsung's quantum dot color-boosting technology to ensure that the picture always looks vivid no matter what your room's light level is. Samsung's quantum dot approach also provides 100% color volume — fully saturated colors with full brightness, no matter how bright the overall picture gets.
Samsung knows that most of us still aren't watching 4K content all the time, so the QN55LS01T includes their powerful Quantum Processor 4K, which is based on video processing advances developed for their much pricier 8K TVs.
Samsung's 4K AI Upscaling takes an advanced approach to video upconversion. The company's engineers looked at a wide range of video content — movies, sports, YouTube clips, Blu-rays, and DVDs — and created databases with millions of low- and high-resolution images. By comparing the content you're watching to these databases on the fly, 4K AI Upscaling reduces noise, restores lost detail, and better defines edges around objects and text.
Built-in Apple TV app, and cool voice control options
Samsung's 2020 4K TVs include the Apple TV streaming app, so you can rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device. The QN55LS01T also supports Apple® AirPlay® 2, so you'll be able to stream content wirelessly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® to the biggest screen in your home.
The Multi View feature allows you to split your screen to show your mirrored mobile device on one side and your TV content on the other. And this is one of the first NFC-compatible TVs we've seen, allowing one-touch pairing with compatible mobile devices.
Samsung's slender OneRemote is one of the smartest remotes we've seen. It automatically detects, identifies, and controls your connected devices and content. Use the OneRemote's microphone to access either of the TV's built-in intelligent voice assistants: Bixby or Alexa. These assistants make it easy to change inputs, launch apps, or even ask about the weather, using only your voice.
The QN55LS01T is also compatible with Google Home voice assistants (firmware update required).
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Quantum Processor 4K improves contrast, shadow detail, and color accuracy
- 4K AI Upscaling enhances standard-def and high-def video signals for optimum display on a 4K screen
- Quantum Dot technology provides 100% Color Volume — full color with full brightness
- Quantum HDR 4X (HDR10, HDR10+, HLG) extends picture contrast and deepens blacks when viewing HDR content
- edge-lit LED backlight provides good picture contrast
- Supreme UHD Dimming (frame dimming) further enhances contrast
- Motion Rate 240 blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate)
- Real Game Enhancer+ optimizes settings for minimal lag and smooth game play:
- HDMI 2.1 features: 4K @ 120Hz, ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 25Mbps)
- Apple TV app lets you rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- built-in Bixby and Alexa intelligent voice assistants
- supports voice control of compatible apps (future firmware update required):
- will work with Google Assistant-compatible voice control assistants
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- built-in Apple® AirPlay® 2 allows wireless streaming from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac®
- mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring, including Multi View split screen
- NFC-compatible for one-touch pairing with compatible devices
- 4 HDMI (three 2.0b, one 2.1)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 2 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in speakers (10 watts x 4)
- Active Voice Amplifier analyses ambient room noise and enhances voices for clear dialogue
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the TV's audio outputs will be disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers; you can choose to have the TV's built-in speakers play or not
General Features & Info:
- OneRemote with built-in microphone for voice control
- Ambient+ Mode can show a screen saver featuring photos, artwork, or info like weather
- dimensions: 49-7/16"W x 48-3/4"H x 19"D with stand; 49-7/16"W x 29-1/2"H x 8-3/4"D without stand
- weight: 60.8 lbs. with stand; 58.4 lbs. without stand
- detachable easel stand ("footprint" is 41-7/16"W x 19"D)
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # QN55LS01TAFXZA
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung QN55LS01T "The Serif"
Features & specs