About the Samsung QN55LS03R "The Frame"
TV when it's on, art when it's off
The Frame TV has different screen settings for displaying art or watching TV.
TV when it's on, art when it's off
Usually, when you turn your TV off, you're left staring at an empty black screen. But Samsung's latest Frame TV gives you some interesting alternatives. Notice how the bezel looks like a picture frame. That's fitting because this TV has a built-in library of diverse artwork from well-known museums, galleries, and artists from around the world — paintings, drawings, photographs. You can also display your own photos.
Unlike a regular TV, The Frame is designed to always show a picture when someone is in the room. A motion sensor ensures that the image remains onscreen as long as the TV senses movement. After a period of no motion, the screen will go blank to save power.
The Frame offers several options for art layouts, as well as customizable accessories, including bezels in other finishes (sold separately).
It's a terrific 4K TV, too
The 55" version of The Frame (model QN55LS03R) also does a wonderful job of presenting streamed 4K/HDR movies and shows from services like Netflix® and Amazon Instant Video. Or, for the ultimate viewing experience, connect a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player.
Actually, you won't need native 4K content to love the QN55LS03R's picture. Samsung's Quantum Processor 4K borrows from video processing advances the company made during development of their incredible 8K TVs. And these third-generation Frame TVs are the first to use Samsung's color-boosting quantum dot technology to display a wide palette of rich, vibrant hues.
Simple, clean mounting and hook-up
The QN55LS03R includes Samsung's No Gap Wall Mount, which has an extremely low profile that allows the Frame TV to hang virtually flush against the wall, just like a real picture frame.
Samsung also has an elegant way of simplifying hookup that's especially effective for TVs like this one, that are designed to be wall-mounted. Instead of connecting your Blu-ray player, cable box, and other video sources directly to the QN55LS03R, you connect them to the supplied One Connect Box switching hub. A single super-thin cable connects the hub to the TV, providing signals and power, for a clean, uncluttered look.
Cool smart TV capabilities, including a built-in Apple TV app
Samsung's 2019 4K TVs include the Apple TV streaming app, so you can rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device. The QN55LS03R also supports Apple® AirPlay® 2, so you'll be able to stream content wirelessly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® to the biggest screen in your home.
Samsung's slender OneRemote is one of the smartest remotes we've seen. It automatically detects, identifies, and controls your connected devices and content. The OneRemote gives you two ways to activate Bixby, the TV's built-in intelligent voice assistant. You can either press the "mic" button on the remote, or simply say "Hi Bixby" within range of the remote's far-field microphone.
Bixby makes it easy to change channels, search for content, or even ask about the weather, using only your voice. The QN55LS03R is also compatible with Google Home and Amazon Alexa voice assistants.
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- Art Mode transforms The Frame into a beautiful work of art when you're not watching TV
- the Samsung Collection is a built-in gallery of professionally curated art including photos, paintings, drawings, and digital works
- Personal Content provides 2GB of memory to store your favorite personal photos for display on the TV
- Samsung's Online Art Store lets you buy individual pieces or subscribe to an ever-increasing library of established and emerging artists' work
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Quantum Dot technology provides 100% color volume — full color with full brightness
- Quantum Processor 4K improves contrast, shadow detail, and color accuracy
- Quantum HDR 4X (HDR10, HDR10+, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- Ultra Slim Array edge-lit LED backlight with Supreme UHD Dimming (frame dimming)
- Motion Rate 240 blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate)
- 4K AI Upscaling enhances standard-def and high-def video signals for optimum display on a 4K screen
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 25Mbps)
- Apple TV app lets you rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- built-in Bixby intelligent voice assistant
- supports voice control of compatible apps (future firmware update required):
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- built-in Apple® AirPlay® 2 allows wireless streaming from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac®
- Netflix Recommended TV offers a unique feature set that makes Netflix even easier to use and enjoy
- mobile-to-TV and TV-to-mobile wireless mirroring
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android let you use a compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote control
Connections (on One Connect Box):
- 4 HDMI 2.0b
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- 3 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- One Connect Box dimensions: 15-3/8"W x 2-11/16"H x 7-5/8"D (depth includes connector)
- One Invisible Connection™: 16.4-ft. ultra-thin proprietary cable to connect hub to TV (carries signals and power)
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the TV's audio outputs will be disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers; you can choose to have the TV's built-in speakers play or not
- OneRemote with built-in microphone for voice control
- dimensions: 48-5/8"W x 29-5/8"H x 7-15/16"D with stand; 48-5/8"W x 27-15/16"H x 1-13/16"D without stand
- weight: 42.8 lbs. with stand; 41.7 lbs. without stand
- detachable dual-footer stand ("footprint" is 40"W x 7-15/16"D)
- wall-mountable (includes No Gap Wall Mount)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 400mm x 400mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # QN55LS03RAFXZA
What's in the box:
- Samsung QLED Frame TV:
- 55" QLED Frame TV
- One Connect Box
- 16' Proprietary fiber optical cable
- 5' AC power cord
- 2 Pedestal feet
- Remote Control (BN59-01312Q)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 4 Wall-mount adapters
- Cable-bend cover
- 2 Rubber cover-caps
- M4x12mm Screw
- 2 Back-covers (pre-installed)
- User Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- "Using Accessibility Functions" sheet
- "Accessory Kit/Connect" sheet
- Important Safety Precuations/Regulatory Compliance Statements
- No Gap Wall-Mount:
- Wall bracket
- TV bracket
- 4 Machine screws
- 2 Bolts
- 2 Threaded adpaters
- 6 Wood screws
- 6 Concrete-anchors
- 4 Foam strips
- 7 White stickers
- Installation Guide
- Wall-Mount Template
- "Cautions when installing" booklet
- "Standard Installation Requirements by Wall Type" instructions
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Samsung QN55LS03R "The Frame" reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung QN55LS03R "The Frame"
Features & specs
Art Mode: In TV Mode, the QLED Frame TV is a big, beautiful 4K UHD TV. But when you turn it off, the QLED Frame TV enters Art Mode and begins elegantly presenting art or your own cherished photos to bring an inspiring, intimate touch to any room. In Art Mode, the QLED Frame TV adapts the image on the screen with room lighting conditions to more closely resemble a work of art. The QLED Frame TV delivers a stunning, gallery-quality experience that will bring great art and cherished memories to life in a fresh, new way.
- Artwork: Select artwork from Samsung's preloaded collection or subscribe to the online art store and
purchase artwork. You can also display your own personal content downloaded on a USB thumbdrive.
- Samsung Collection: The QLED Frame TV comes with the Samsung Collection, an exclusive, professionally-curated collection of many works of art from renowned artists spanning multiple genres (Landscapes, Patterns, Still Life, Digital Art, Urban Abstract, From Above, Action, Architecture, Drawing, & Wild Life). You'll find stunning photography, paintings, drawings, and digital works selected to complement a wide variety of tastes and decors.
- Online Art Store: The online Art Store lets explore extraordinary works from internationally recognized artists. You can buy individual pieces or subscribe to an ever-increasing library of established and emerging artists' works. Over 400 pieces of artwork are available.
- Personal Content: You are even able to download your favorite personal photos onto the QLED Frame TV's 2GB memory for display on the big screen. Simply connect an external USB MSC device (like a USB thumbdrive) with images you want to download to the USB port on the Frame TV's One Connect Box. Images must be in a JPEG format and have a resolution between 320 x 180 to 7680 x 4320. You can also wirelessly download photos that are on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device to the Frame TV using the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+)..
- Control: The Frame TV allows you to select matte layout & color, as well as create a customized
slideshows. With Art Mode, you get a variety of different layout styles and a palette of multiple colors to choose
from, allowing you to style and personalize Art that suits your mood.
- Matte Layout & Color: You can even complement your artwork with just the right combination of matte layout and color. There are dozens of options to choose from - Art Layout (Shadow Box, Modern, No Matte); Photo Layout (Shadow Box, Squares, Triptych, Modern, Mixed, Panoramic); and Matte Color (Polar, Antique, Warm, Natural, Sand, Sea Foam, Sage, Burgundy, Navy, Black).
- Customized Slideshow: Enjoy the artwork you like at the time that you would like it displayed. Select the art and set the duration it should be displayed on screen. Slideshow intervals between artwork can be set to 10 minute, 30 minute, 1 hour, 6 hours, 12 hours, or 1 day.
- Mobile App: Your smartphone is always on hand, and with easy-to-use mobile control, you can instantly update the view with just a few taps. Adjust the settings or find new artwork to display with your smartphone device. Simply download Samsung's SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device.
- Voice Control via Bixby: The Bixby voice assistant can go beyond just controlling what you want to watch on TV, and also helps turn on Art Mode. For example, ask Bixby to "Turn Art Mode on" to starting enjoy your artwork and photographs.
- Sensors: The Samsung Frame TV has a built-in Motion & Brightness Sensor to make sure you always see
your artwork at its best.
- Motion Sensor: The Frame TV automatically turns off to save power when you leave the room and turns on when you return. The Motion sensor operates only when The Frame is in Art Mode. Actual results may differ depending on lighting conditions.
- Brightness Sensor: By detecting the ambient light, the Brightness Sensor automatically balances the screen's brightness and color tone for a natural illumination. So whether it's day or night, you can see your art how it was meant to be seen. Performance may vary depending on the ambient brightness level.
QLED Technology: Samsung's QLED Frame TV utilizes Quantum Dots along with Samsung's Quantum Processor 4K to produce an immersive viewing experience with a wide range of color, exceptional contrast, and accurate detail. Quantum Dots are nano-sized, cadmium-free, finely tuned particles that turn light into the brilliant billion plus colors you experience on QLED Frame TVs. Quantum dots are inorganic particles that resist wear out, so you can enjoy superb picture quality for years. As some TVs age, you may see that colors are less vibrant. QLED Frame TVs are built to last and provide a vibrant picture even after long periods of time. Samsung's metal alloy quantum dot pixels feature inorganic materials that are engineered for durability and resistance to fading.
Note: This TV complies with the CTA 4K Ultra High-Definition Connected definition requirements. The trade organization known as the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is considered an industry authority on engineering standards for consumer electronics in the United States. Visit www.cta.tech for more information.
Quantum Processor 4K: The Samsung Quantum Processor 4K is an intelligently powered processor that upscales content for sharp detail, dynamic contrast, and refined color in real-time.
- 4K AI Upscaling: The Samsung QLED Frame TV has a display resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution, regardless of input signal, thanks to 4K AI upscaling. 4K AI Upscaling delivers the complete Ultra-HD picture experience with a proprietary process including signal analysis, noise reduction, UHD upscaling, and detail enhancement to seamlessly upconvert SD, HD, or full-HD content to Ultra-HD-level picture quality.
- 100% Color Volume: Samsung QLED Frame TV delivers 100% color volume with over a billion shades of
color (powered by Quantum Dots). QLED Frame TVs with 100% Color Volume deliver a brilliant visual experience by
providing a rejuvenating effect for colors that may appear dull or faded in challenging content. QLED televisions can
produce 100% color volume in the DCI-P3 color space, the format for most cinema screen and HDR movies for television.
By definition, Color Volume is an index of how well colors are reproduced in richness and accuracy at different
brightness. With higher color volume, you get a wider, more diverse range of color that feels rejuvenated at higher
- Quantum HDR 4X: Quantum HDR 4X combines Samsung's QLED and HDR10+ technology to give you a wider range of brightness and contrast, bringing all the picture nuances to life. As a result, you'll see colors in movies and shows that "pop", just as the director intended-in stunning high dynamic range (no more details hidden in the shadows). You get a realistic picture, whether you're watching in a room drenched with light or with no light at all.
Edge-Lit w/ Supreme UHD Dimming: The Samsung QLED employs edge (bottom) lit LEDs with Supreme UHD Dimming to control lighting, making dark zones of the screen darker and bright objects even brighter. Supreme UHD Dimming precisely scans an incredible amount of zones across the entire image and adjusts brightness to deliver deeper darks and brighter whites. It virtually eliminates the "halo" effect and image distortion, so you'll enjoy a crystal clear picture.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): The Samsung QLED Frame TV features the ability to provide a premium High Dynamic Range (HDR) experience, with a higher level of contrast between light and dark images. HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The TV supports HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HDR10+: Samsung Electronics and Amazon Prime Video announced the entire Prime Video HDR library is now available in HDR10+, a new open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions. Prime Video is the first streaming service provider to deliver HDR10+ content to its users. The HDR10+ technology on Prime Video incorporates dynamic metadata that allows the Samsung QLED Frame TV to adjust brightness levels on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis. By applying individualized tone mapping to each scene, HDR10+ delivers an incredible viewing experience. The picture quality offers an enhanced visual experience with more detailed expressions, brighter shadow areas and more accurate color renderings that stay true to the creator's original intent.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Auto Motion Plus (MR 240): The Samsung QLED Frame TV combines its 120Hz native panel refresh rate with Samsung's proprietary Auto Motion Plus (MR 240) image processing technology, which is faster and more responsive than conventional image processors, as it interpolates intermediate frames to smooth out the image. Auto Motion Plus (MR 240) helps to remove blur and judder from scenes with large amounts of rapid movement to provide a clearer picture. Auto Motion Plus (MR 240) reduces blur so that action movies, sports and video games have enhanced clarity. Advanced panel and unique backlight technology combine with proprietary algorithms to reduce the response time and yield a more accurate image reproduction with faster on-screen motion.
HDMI 2.0b Inputs: The Samsung QLED Frame TV is equipped with four HDMI 2.0b inputs (located on the One Connect Box) to connect to your Blu-ray player, Satellite/Cable receiver, Game Console, and/or AV receiver. Any HDMI input can also be used to connect a PC to this TV. All HDMI inputs are 4K compatible, HDCP 2.2 compliant, and support 4:4:4 color subsampling. Please use a premium high speed HDMI cable with 18 Gbps and above to view 4K HDR content.
- Supported Resolutions: Supported video resolutions include 4k (24/30/50/60Hz), 1080p (24/30/50/60Hz), 1080i (50/60Hz), 720p (50/60Hz), 480p (60Hz), and 480i (60Hz). The HDMI inputs' "Input Signal Plus" setting should be turned on if you will be watching 4K sources.
- HDCP 2.2 Compliant: HDCP 2.2 compliance makes the TV fully compatible with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission from Ultra-HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite//Cable providers.
- Color Subsampling: With 4:4:4 (8-bit/60Hz) color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. 4:2:2 (12-bit/60Hz) and 4:2:0 (12-bit/60Hz) are also supported by all HDMI inputs.
Note: This TV does not contain analog composite or component video inputs.
Picture Controls: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture. The TV's picture adjustments can be made for a particular AV input or for all inputs.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes - 16:9 (16:9 widescreen format), 4:3 (4:3 standard format), or Custom (magnifies or shrinks 16:9 pictures vertically and/or horizontally). 4:3 cannot be select for Ultra HD 4K video and images.
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments to the picture. Select from Dynamic (increases the brightness of the screen), Standard (suitable for a normal environment), Natural (useful for reducing eye strain), or Movie (darkens the screen and reduces glare).
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for manually adjusting the picture quality. Manually adjust Backlight (adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight), Contrast (increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture), Brightness (adjusts the brightness level of the picture) Sharpness (sharpens or dulls the edges of objects), Color (adjusts the color saturation of the picture), and Tint (adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture).
- Expert Settings: The TV also offers more advanced picture adjustments for expert fine tuning. Fine
- Contrast Enhancer: automatically balances the contrast to prevent excessive differences between bright and dark areas
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using Cool/Normal/Warm 1/Warm 2 presets
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors)
- RGB: displays the Red/Green/Blue color for making find adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red/green/blue intensity)
- Digital Clean View: reduces any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen
- HDMI Black Levels: adjusts the black level to compensate for low black levels, low contrast, or dull colors generated by external devices connected to the TV via an HDMI cable; this function is only available when the input signal connected to the TV via an HDMI connector is set to RGB 4:4:4
- Film & Games Modes: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals and adjust the picture for optimum quality. This feature is only available for the built-in HDTV tuner and the TV's HDMI inputs (1080i only). When the Game Mode is activated, the TV's settings are automatically optimized for an enhanced gaming experience with minimal input lag and ultra fast refresh rates (not available for normal TV viewing).
Built-in HDTV Tuner: The TV features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 3 input (located on the One Connect Box) enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, or HDMI inputs to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, USB ports, and Samsung TV apps can pass as Dolby Atmos (via Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- DLNA compliant devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
- DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 3 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary. The TV's speakers are muted when using ARC function.
Optical Digital Output: The TV's optical digital output terminal (located on the One Connect Box) will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2ch PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, or USB ports. When the TV's optical digital output is selected, the TV's speakers are muted. DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: This TV does not contain any analog audio inputs or outputs.
Wireless Audio Connectivity: The Samsung TV provides wireless surround connectivity to compatible Samsung soundbars and speakers via WiFi. You can also wirelessly stream audio from the TV to a set of Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth powered speakers.
- WiFi Surround: If you've connected one or more Samsung wireless audio devices that support the WiFi function to the TV, you can create an optimal sound set up by configuring the surround effect settings. You can select any of the surround sound configurations, with or without a soundbar. During a WiFi Connection, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital) from the TV while the compatible Samsung speakers create a simulated surround sound effect.
- Bluetooth Audio: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly connect a single set of Bluetooth headphones, a stereo pair of Bluetooth speakers, or a single Bluetooth speaker with the Samsung QLED Frame TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the TV's built-in sources or connected sources to the Bluetooth headphones or speakers. The TV's audio outputs and HDMI ARC will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. You can choose to have the TV speakers play at the same time as your Bluetooth headphones or speaker, or you can turn the TV speakers completely off. The volume of the Bluetooth headphones or speaker will be controlled via the headphones or speaker, and not the TV.
Note: You cannot use the WiFi Surround and Bluetooth Audio feature simultaneously (you must choose one or the other).
Audio Settings: The Samsung QLED Frame TV offers a variety of audio adjustments to meet your listening needs.
- Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 7-band EQ (100, 200, 500, 1k, 2k, 5k, & 10k Hz) for a more customized sound; or simply choose from the following EQ Preset Modes - Standard, Optimized, or Amplify.
- Auto Volume: The Auto Volume feature equalizes the sound automatically so that the volume level remains the same when you change between channels and sources.
- Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Samsung's Quad-Core Processor: Samsung's Quad-Core processing speeds allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time, such as using an app while downloading another one. It also enables extremely faster web browsing and application access. Quad-Core eliminates lag to give you a fluid browsing experience. It enables you to switch between apps, stream content, and multi-task much faster. This extra power also provides faster page refreshing.
Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung QLED Frame TV so that it can access your home network and online Samsung TV Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi); it also supports WiFi Direct.
- Wired Ethernet: The TV's contains an RJ-45 Ethernet jack (located on the One Connect Box) for a wired network connection. You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually.
- WiFi 802.11ac: The TV is IEEE 802.11ac WiFi certified for a wireless network connection. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Automatic, Manual, WPS (PBC), or WPS (PIN). The TV's built-in WiFi supports WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), or WPA2-PSK network security. The TV should be positioned within 50' of the wireless router, modem, or access point.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung QLED Frame TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: Samsung recommends a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better and a home network connection speed of at least 10Mbps for standard and high-definition streaming or 25Mbps for 4K streaming.
Samsung TV Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung TV to your home network, you gain access to Samsung's TV Apps. Samsung's TV Apps let you download online applications and services to the Samsung QLED Frame TV. Samsung TV Apps has a growing collection of online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications - such as movies, TV shows, music, news, sports, and weather (subscriptions and purchase fees will apply).
- Movies & TV Shows: This QLED Frame TV is HEVC Advanced & VP9 compliant, which means it'll be able to display 4K & HDR10 content from online movie & TV show providers (like Amazon Video, Netflix, Vudu, Google Play Movies & TV, FandangoNow, and YouTube). You'll also be able to watch high definition movies and TV shows on Hulu+Live, HBO Go/HBO Now, and ShowTime; as well as live TV broadcasts from Sling TV and YouTubeTV. You even have access to Facebook Watch for popular social media videos.
- Music & Radio: You can listen to online music and internet radio from Tidal, Spotify, Napster, Deezer, Amazon Music, and more.
- Gaming: This Samsung QLED Frame TV offers built-in Steam Link functionality through the Steam Link app which can be downloaded from the Samsung Smart Hub. This app uses the same streaming technology as Valve's Steam Link, allowing you to stream all your favorite games seamlessly with amazing graphics and speed. The TV also offers select games from GameFly. Separate USB or Bluetooth controllers (sold separately) are required for gaming.
- Sports, News, & Weather: Enjoy sports, news, and weather information from ESPN, CNBC Real-Time, and WeatherNation.
- 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 25Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router (or better) for 4K & HDR streaming. Make sure the Samsung television has the latest software/firmware updates installed.
iTunes Movies & TV Shows: The Samsung TV will offer support for iTunes Movies & TV Shows through an available firmware update (no separate Apple TV needed). With the new iTunes Movies & TV Shows app on the Samsung TV, you'll be able to access your existing iTunes library and browse the iTunes Store to buy or rent from a selection of hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes (including the largest selection of 4K/HDR movies). The iTunes Movies and TV Shows app will work seamlessly with Samsung's Smart TV Services - such as Universal Guide, Keyword Search, and Bixby and Search - to create a consistent experience across the Samsung user interface.
Mobile Device Mirroring: You are able to mirror video and photo content from your compatible mobile device on the Samsung TV. The Samsung Miracast and SmartView for Samsung Android devices, as well as AirPlay 2 for Apple iOS devices (available firmware update). Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to same wireless network as the Samsung TV.
- Bidirectional Mirroring (for Samsung Android Devices): Bidirectional mirroring refers to either outputting the screen and sound of your compatible Samsung Android smartphone or tablet device on the Samsung TV, or outputting the screen and sound of the TV on your compatible Samsung Android mobile device. You can use the SmartThings app to enjoy the screen and sound of the TV on Samsung Android mobile device or to play the screen and sound of your Samsung Android mobile device on the TV. *Bidirectional Mirroring is not supported by Apple iOS devices, does not support all Android OS devices, and is only supported by newer Samsung Android mobile devices (not compatible with older Samsung Android mobile devices). Your Samsung mobile device must be compatible with Miracast or SmartView to use Bidirectional Mirroring.
- Apple AirPlay 2 (for Apple Devices): With support for AirPlay 2 via an over-the-network firmware update, you will be able to wirelessly stream content (including videos, photos, music, podcasts, and more) directly from your Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.4 and newer) or Mac computer (OS X 10.13.2 and newer) to the Samsung TV's big screen - all without the need for an Apple TV or additional wired connection.
Content Share: You can play media content saved on your computer (via DLNA), thumbdrive or hard disk drive (via USB), and the cloud (via Samsung Cloud) through the Samsung QLED Frame TV.
- DLNA Certified: The Samsung QLED Frame TV is DLNA certified, allowing you to watch videos and photos, as well as listen to music saved on your Windows 7/8/10 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless).
- USB 2.0 Ports: The television is equipped with three USB-A 2.0 ports (located on the One Connect Box); there are two USB 5V/0.5A ports for connecting USB thumbdrives and one USB 5V/1A port for connecting a HDD (hard disk drive). All three USB ports let you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB device. Files must be formatted in FAT, exFAT, or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files per folder.
- Gallery App (Samsung Cloud): The built-in Gallery App lets you view photos and videos synchronized with the Samsung Cloud. You can enjoy various content synchronized with a mobile device that supports the Samsung cloud. The available content types are photos, videos, stories, and other content shared through your groups.
Note: Compatible video file formats include AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, and MOV. Compatible photo file formats include JPEG, PNG, BMP, and MPO. Compatible audio file formats include MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, and OGG.
SmartThings Compatible: From the Samsung TV's on-screen dashboard, you can monitor, configure, and control smart devices you connected to the SmartThings service via the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) installed on your compatible smartphone or tablet device. You'll receive notifications about the statuses of your smart devices on the QLED Frame TV's screen. You'll also be able to create custom modes to easily control multiple smart devices with a single command from the TV. Control of your SmartThings devices can be done from the included remote with Bixby or your mobile device running the SmartThings app.
- SmartThings & Samsung Devices: With SmartThings hub functionality, the Samsung allows you to connect
and control SmartThings compatible devices - including a Multipurpose Sensor, a Motion Sensor, a Arrival Sensor, a Water Leak Sensor, and a Smart Outlet (all sold
separately). It is also compatible with a number of Samsung appliances - including refrigerators and washers/dryer
Internet of Things (IoT): In addition to being compatible with SmartThings and other Samsung network-enabled products, Samsung Connect Home is compatible with a number of third-party network devices that support Internet of Things (IoT) through Z-Wave, zigbee, LAN, or Cloud-to-Cloud; including locks (from Kwikset & Schlage), thermostats (from Honeywell), cameras (such as Netgear Arlo), light bulbs (such as Philips Hue), and more.
Full Web Browser: You can surf the Internet on the TV as you would on a PC. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can scroll web pages with the directional pad on the included remote. For a more convenient web browsing experience, connect a USB- or Bluetooth-enabled keyboard and mouse (sold separately) to the TV.
One Smart Remote with Voice Control by Bixby: Using the Samsung One Smart Remote's built-in Far-Field microphone and Bixby voice recognition, your voice is all you need to control the QLED Frame TV, Art Mode, and your SmartThing compatible devices. Because the One Smart Remote communicates with the TV through a wireless Bluetooth communication, you don't have to point the remote directly at the TV. Bixby can be activated by pressing the "mic" button on the remote or by simply saying "Hi Bixby" into the remote's Far Field microphone. There is an on-screen Bixby Guide which lets you learn the voice commands that are compatible with Bixby in various situations. Bixby is available only when the TV is connected to the Internet. Bixby will require an active Samsung Account user log-in.
- TV Control: Use the remote's built-in microphone and Bixby to turn on/off the Samsung television, navigate menus, and get to your favorite Smart TV content. You can even use only your voice to switch the channel or input, adjust the volume level, and launch online apps while focusing on the TV screen; which removes the need for a conventional remote control.
- SmartThings Control: Using the remote's built-in microphone with Bixby and the TV's on-screen
dashboard to control your connected SmartThing and IoT devices. It will know all your connected devices, so all you
have to do is say a command.
- Questions & Answers: You can also use the One Smart Remote to ask Bixby questions about the weather, traffic, news, sports, etc.
- When you turn on the TV for the first time, the Samsung One Smart Remote pairs to the TV automatically. If the Samsung One Smart Remote does not pair to the TV automatically, point it at the remote control sensor of the TV, and then press and hold the "Back/Return" and "Play/Pause" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds or more.
Universal Remote Control Function: You can control external devices connected to the TV via HDMI using the One Smart Remote, Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC), and Auto Source Recognition.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): You can use the TV's One Smart Remote to control external devices that are connected to the TV by an HDMI cable and that support Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control up to 12 compliant external devices (up to 3 of the same type) except for home theaters; Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control only one home theater system.
- Auto Source Recognition: The TV uses Auto Source Recognition technology to automatically detect what kind of devices are plugged in via HDMI; then the One Smart Remote makes it simple to control these detected devices through the TV via HDMI-CEC. Auto Source Recognition and controlling function may not be supported by certain devices connected to the TV. To use the Auto Source Recognition feature, all HDMI-connected devices must also be on the same network and Internet connection is required.
Note: The remote control does not support IR commands. However, the TV does have an IR receiver and will support universal remote controls - such as Logitech's Harmony (sold separately).
SmartThings App: Use the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to turn your compatible smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the Samsung QLED Frame TV. Use the SmartThings app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to quickly and easily connect to the TV and control its main settings from your smartphone or tablet. In addition, you can remotely check and control the statuses of various devices such as Samsung smart devices, home appliances, and speakers registered to the server. Through the SmartThings app, you can even use Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy S8 series or higher mobile device to operate the TV via voice commands (not compatible with Apple iOS or older Android devices).
Optional Digital Assistants (Future Firmware Update): In addition to Bixby, the Samsung QLED Frame TV will also be compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant using an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant enabled voice-activated speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). You'll be able to control specific functions of the TV using your voice and an Alexa or Google Assistant enabled device. Voice-activated functions include Power On/Off, Volume Up/Down, and Channel Selection, and App Launching. You'll need to setup the Samsung QLED Frame TV through the Amazon Alexa app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) or the Google Home app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device. This feature will require an over-the-network future firmware update.
Remote Access: The new Remote Access feature on the Samsung QLED Frame TVs provide you wireless, on-screen control over connected peripheral devices, enabling convenient web browsing, cloud office access and more. Remote Access allows you to directly control your devices connected to the TV with a keyboard and mouse in addition to simply displaying the content on a larger screen. With Remote Access, input devices, including keyboards, can be connected to the Samsung Smart TV, making it easier for you to control your on-screen content. Without a separate HDMI cable connection, you can remotely access a PC in your room through the TV in your living room to perform various tasks including surfing the web or playing games from the TV's screen using a connected keyboard and mouse. Additionally, web browser-based cloud office service can be accessed through Remote Access, so you can now access files and work on documents from the TV.
Note: To address security concerns surrounding wireless connectivity and cloud services, Samsung has integrated its proprietary Knox security technology into its Remote Access features. Knox is supported with regular firmware updates for continuous protection. Knox has been certified by Common Criteria for its security performance and is the only security solution in the TV industry to receive this certification.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung QLED Frame TV will support a USB or Bluetooth enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately), which makes web browsing a lot easier.
Serial Port (EX Link): You can connect the 3.5mm serial port to an external control device (such as a computer or A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Smart Hub: The TV's Smart Hub has been redesigned and offers even easier navigation, plus quick access; you can even use these convenient features while still watching TV. The new Smart Hub features easy access to content by displaying your favorite and most used TV applications, as well as recommendations for even more entertainment options. Smart Hub offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and network apps.
- Universal & Keyword Search: You can type in a keyword to search for TV shows & movies across platforms, like over-the-air broadcasts and available online providers.
- Apps: From the TV's Home Screen, you can easily select the apps that have used previously or frequently. The apps can also be moved or deleted from the screen. You are also able to easily view, navigate and select between the following App categories - Editor's Choice, Most Popular, Downloaded Apps, Group Content, and Genre.
- TV Plus & Recommendations: The TV Plus feature aggregates TV and movie content from across services into a single interface. This includes on-demand TV shows, as well as movies available for rent or purchase. You'll also receive personalized recommendations based on your viewing habits, plus what's popular and trending.
- Channel Guide & Favorite Channels: In the Channel Guide, you can see the daily program schedules for each off-air broadcaster, see program information, choose a program to watch, and set up a schedule viewing. You can even designate frequently watched off-air stations as Favorites (up to 5).
- Notifications & Reminders: Set notifications & reminders to display on screen. You'll get a pop up message on the corner of your TV screen when there is a notification or reminder.
Connection Guide: The TV's on-screen Connection Guide lets you view detailed information about external device that can be connected to the televisions. It shows you how to connect various external devices such as cable boxes, satellite receivers, Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more using on-screen images. You can also change the input name of a connected external device or add it to the Home Screen for easier access.
Intelligent Mode: In Intelligent Mode, the Samsung QLED Frame TV recognizes and analyzes the surroundings, the content, and your usage patterns to provide the best viewing and audio experience. Intelligent Mode is not available for all content, apps, and other modes (such as Ambient & Game).
- Picture Settings: The QLED Frame TV adapts the picture brightness and sound in real-time. It automatically adjusts the backlight brightness of the screen by detecting the ambient light level using ambient light sensors.
- Audio Settings: The TV also provides optimized sound quality by analyzing the viewing environment and the acoustic components of the content. It can optimize the sound based on where the TV is installed using the Samsung One Smart Remote's built-in microphone. The TV will also automatically adjust to a specific volume level while watching television based on your volume usage history. The intelligent audio features are only available when the TV's built-in speakers are being used (not available for the audio outputs or Bluetooth).
Netflix Recommended TV: Netflix Recommended TV is an evaluation program recognizing TVs that offer better performance, easier app access, and new features that make for a better smart TV. When you see the Netflix Recommended TV logo, it means the TV has passed a rigorous evaluation process based on criteria that Netflix members care about the most. The TV comes with the latest version of Netflix with newest features. It offers easier and faster access to Netflix, quicker playback and start times, and allows you to resume the Netflix app from where you left it.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The Samsung QLED Frame TV offers Closed Captions and Voice Guides for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guides that describe the menu options aloud to aid the visually impaired.
ECO Settings: The Samsung QLED Frame TV provides ECO settings to reduce the television's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Ambient Light Detection: Samsung's unique Ambient Light Detection measures the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Power Saving Mode: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- Motion Lighting: This feature adjusts the TV's brightness in response to on-screen movements to reduce power consumption.
- Auto Power Off: Automatically turns off the TV to reduce unnecessary power consumption if there is no operation for the length of time you specify (up to 4 hours)
Security Settings: The Samsung QLED Frame TV offers security features for TV programming and the Internet.
- Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN. You can also lock and unlock specific apps using the same 4-digit PIN.
- Smart Security: When any device is connected to the Internet, it is vulnerable to hacks and malicious code. Samsung Smart Security protects the TV and storage media connected to the TV from such threats, when the television is connected to the Internet.
Timers: You can set Off Timer to shut off the TV automatically at a specific time; the Off Timer is only available if the Clock has been set. The Sleep Timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The Sleep Timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minute.
Remote Support + Self Diagnosis: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your TV, adjust the TV settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates. Your TV must be connected to your homes wired or wireless network. The Samsung QLED Frame TV also provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
- The television only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the TV's many features.
Auto Updates: If the television is connected to the Internet, you can have the TV update its software automatically while you are watching it. When the background update is completed, it is applied the next time the TV is turned on. Updates can also be done via USB. Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware & Software updates.
- Do not turn off the TV's power until the update is complete. The TV will turn off and on automatically after completing the software update. Video and audio settings will be reset to their defaults after a software update.
The Frame Design (Interchangeable Frames Sold Separately): Designed to be indistinguishable from a modern picture frame in every detail, the QLED Frame TV is able to seamlessly blend with any room decor. The QLED Frame TV's interchangeable frame is the secret to interior harmony. It magnetically attaches to the standard metal frame, allowing the Frame to beautifully complement any space. Available in attractive finishes, the high-quality frame options (sold separately) add an elegant finishing touch to any decor.
One Connect Box: The QLED Frame TV includes Samsung's One Connect Box which connects to the television via a single 16' proprietary fiber optic cable. The One Connect Box features a built-in HDTV tuner and antenna connector, 4 HDMI inputs, an Optical Digital output, Ethernet (RJ-45) jack, and three USB-A 2.0 ports. The One Connect Box provides clean integration of all your external devices so there's less clutter, plus allows you to update your TV with the newest software and features. The One Connect Box measures 15.375" (w) x 2.6875" (h) x 7.625" (d).
- Proprietary Fiber Optic Cable: The included 16' proprietary fiber optic cable is clear in color and thin in diameter (0.1875"). It features a proprietary, directional connector on each end; one for the One Connect Box and one for the Frame TV. When installing the proprietary fiber optic cable, make sure it is not bent at a 90? or greater angle (this will damage the cable). The proprietary fiber optic cable is not rated for in-wall use, but can be run through 2" conduit. The connector which plugs into the One Connect Box measures 1.0" (w) x 0.5625" (h) x 2.875" (d), while the connector which plugs into the TV measures 1.9375" (w) x 0.5625" (h) x 3.4375" (d).
- Detachable AC Power Cord: The One Connect Box includes a detachable 5' AC power cord that plugs into the back of the box. The included 16' proprietary fiber optical cable which plugs in between the One Connect Box and the Frame TV provides power to the television.
Note: The only connector found on the QLED Frame TV is the proprietary One Connect connector located on the rear-panel. The included 16' proprietary fiber optic cable plugs into One Connect connector on back of the Frame TV and the Once Connect connector found on back of the One Connect Box.
No Gap Wall-Mount: The included No Gap Wall-Mount has an extremely low profile that allows the QLED Frame TV to hang virtually flush with the wall, just like a real picture frame. The mount installs quickly and easily and also offers an adjustable tilt angle. You'll need to remove the lower back cover to access the mounting holes to attach the No Gap Wall-Mount bracket.
- Tilt Mechanism: The No Gap Wall-Mount allows you to tilt the Samsung Frame 10? downward, so you can mount the QLED Frame TV high on the wall (like over a fireplace) and tilt it downward for a better viewing angle.
- Level Adjustment: Once the QLED Frame TV is installed on the No Gap Wall-Mount, you can level up the Frame TV by adjusting the horizontal level of the No Gap Wall-Mount from 1? to 2?. If you cannot level up The Frame with this adjustment, then you need to reinstall the bracket to the wall and Frame.
- Wood Stud & Concrete Installation: The No Gap Wall-Mount comes with the appropriate hardware to mount the bracket to wood studs or a concrete wall. The included wall bracket plate supports 16" OC wood studs (24" OC is not supported) using the supplied hardware. In addition, anchors are supplied for concrete wall installation.
Note: Measured from the rear-panel of the QLED Frame TV, the gap may differ based on the installation and wall type.?
VESA Mount Wall-Mounts (Sold Separately): The QLED Frame TV also has four threaded inserts on the back and comes with four wall-mount adapters for use with VESA-mount compatible wall brackets (sold separately - see Accessories tab). You'll need to remove the top back cover to access the threaded inserts. The spacing of the mounting holes is 400mm (h) x 400mm (v). The threaded inserts and wall-mount adapters require M8 (8mm) machine screws (not supplied). The included wall-mount adapters must be used when using an VESA-mount wall bracket. The Frame weighs 41.7 lbs when wall mounted.
Pedestal Feet: The QLED Frame TV comes with two pedestal feet for mounting it on top of a piece of AV furniture. The Frame TV is shipped with the pedestal feet unattached. The pedestal feet simply slide and lock into the bottom of The Frame (no mounting hardware is required). The? pedestal feet do not allow the Frame TV to swivel. The television weighs 42.8 lbs with the pedestal feet.
Ventilation Clearance: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
The Samsung QN55LS03R "The Frame" replaces these items
- includes special picture modes for displaying pre-loaded artwork or your own photos
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- OneRemote with built-in microphone for voice control
3 questions already asked