About the Samsung UN55NU8000
Introduce your eyes to 4K
Introduce your eyes to 4K
If you're ready to make the leap from your old HDTV to a new 4K TV, Samsung's 55" UN55NU8000 will help you do it without breaking the bank. Its 4K screen can show four times as much picture detail as an HD screen. If you like the UN55NU8000's feature set, but prefer a curved screen, check out the UN55NU8500.
The UN55NU8000 is part of Samsung's "Premium" series of TVs. Its picture delivers impressive contrast and deep blacks, but doesn't match the full-intensity contrast and color of Samsung's pricier QLED TVs. This model performs very well in both bright and dark rooms.
Stunning picture quality with 4K and HDR — and every other source
The UN55NU8000's vibrant picture deserves the highest quality signals you can feed it. For now and the forseeable future, the best available 4K source is a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player. Hollywood will release hundreds more movies on Ultra HD Blu-ray this year, and most of those discs will also be HDR-enhanced. There are 4K/HDR web streaming options, too, including Netflix® and Amazon Instant Video.
But you don't need native 4K content to be knocked out by the UN55NU8000's picture. Samsung's engineers made 4K upconversion a top priority while developing this set's video processing circuitry. The UHD Engine processor automatically upconverts any signal to match the screen's 4K resolution.
Thanks to its 120 Hz screen refresh rate and Samsung's tried-and-true motion processing, the UN55NU8000 is an excellent choice for sports fans and gamers.
Change the channel? Adjust the volume? Just say the word.
Samsung's slender OneRemote is one of the smartest remotes we've seen. It automatically detects, identifies, and controls your connected devices and content. Use the OneRemote's microphone to access Bixby, the TV's built-in intelligent voice assistant. Bixby makes it easy to change channels, search for content, or even ask about the weather, using only your voice. Just click voice recognition on your remote, and Bixby is at your command.
Use the Sanus MountFinder™ to see a list of wall-mounts that work with your specific TV.
- 54.6" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Motion Rate 240 blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate)
- Dynamic Crystal Color™ for increased color range and brightness
- HDR Plus (HDR10, HDR10+, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content from connected sources or the TV's built-in apps
- Ultra Slim Array edge-lit LED backlight with UHD Dimming for very good contrast and black levels
- UHD Engine upconverts high-def and standard-def video to near-4K quality
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube (requires Internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- built-in Bixby intelligent voice assistant
- control compatible SmartThings devices and appliances when you download the SmartThings app
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- TV-to-mobile and mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring
- free downloadable apps for iOS® and Android™ let you use a compatible smartphone or tablet as a remote control
- 4 HDMI 2.0b
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- 2 USB inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in 2.1 speaker system (10 watts x 2, plus 20 watts for woofer)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the TV's audio outputs will be disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers; you can choose to have the TV's built-in speakers play or not
- OneRemote with built-in microphone for voice control
- cable management: pedestal stand provides a channel for neatly routing cables to the TV
- detachable pedestal stand ("footprint" is 31-1/2"W x 12-3/4"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 48-5/16"W x 28"H x 2-3/16"D (31-1/16"H x 12-11/16"D on stand)
- weight: 41.7 lbs. with stand; 37.7 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # UN55NU8000FXZA
What's in the box:
- 55" LED-LCD TV
- 5' AC power cord
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck
- Remote Control (TM1850 - BN59-01298A)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Four M4 x 14mm screws
- Four M4 x 16mm screws
- 4 Wall-mount adapters
- User Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- "Using Accessibility Functions" sheet
- "Accessory Kit/Connect" sheet
- Important Safety Precautions/Regulatory Compliance Statements
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Samsung UN55NU8000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung UN55NU8000
Features & specs
4K UHD Engine w/ Upscaling: The Samsung UHD TV has a display resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution, regardless of input signal, thanks to UHD upscaling. 4K delivers 4x higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs, so you'll see more on TV than ever before with over 8 million individual pixels (3,840 x 2,160) compared to about 2 million (1,920 x 1,080) on your 1080p HDTV. UHD Upscaling delivers the complete Ultra-HD picture experience with a proprietary process including signal analysis, noise reduction, UHD upscaling, and detail enhancement to seamlessly upconvert SD, HD, or full-HD content to Ultra-HD-level picture quality.
Note: This TV complies with the CTA 4K Ultra High-Definition Connected definition requirements. The trade organization known as the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is considered an industry authority on engineering standards for consumer electronics in the United States. Visit www.cta.tech for more information.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): The Samsung UHD TV features the ability to provide a premium High Dynamic Range (HDR) experience, with a higher level of contrast between light and dark images. HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. In addition to supporting the standard HDR10 format, the Samsung UHD TV also supports HDR10+ and HLG; as well as HDR+.
- HDR+: One of the biggest benefits of HDR+ is its ability to upgrade Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) content to HDR-like picture quality, allowing viewers to enjoy all of their favorite content in the highest picture quality possible. With HDR native content, HDR+ also uncovers previously hidden images from darker content scenes, supplementing the level of brightness to express objects hidden in darker shadows. For brighter content scenes, HDR+ increases the level of contrast ratio to differentiate objects from the background, while still depicting more image details on the screen for an overall better picture.
- HDR10+: Samsung Electronics and Amazon Prime Video announced the entire Prime Video HDR library is now available in HDR10+, a new open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions. Prime Video is the first streaming service provider to deliver HDR10+ content to its users. The HDR10+ technology on Prime Video incorporates dynamic metadata that allows the Samsung UHD TV to adjust brightness levels on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis. By applying individualized tone mapping to each scene, HDR10+ delivers an incredible viewing experience. The picture quality offers an enhanced visual experience with more detailed expressions, brighter shadow areas and more accurate color renderings that stay true to the creator's original intent.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Increased Color, Contrast, & Viewing Angle: The UHD TV utilizes proprietary Samsung backlight dimming, color, and contrast technologies to produce an image with vast color, greater contrast, and more depth. It also offers a wide viewing angle.
- Ultra Slim Array UHD Dimming: Samsung's Ultra Slim Array carefully controls lighting, making dark zones of the screen darker and bright objects even brighter. UHD Dimming precisely scans an incredible amount of zones across the entire image and adjusts brightness to deliver deeper darks and brighter whites. It virtually eliminates the "halo" effect and image distortion, so you'll enjoy a crystal clear picture. The TV uses edge (bottom) lit LEDs.
- Dynamic Crystal Color: Dynamic Crystal Color delivers lifelike color. Dynamic Crystal Color is a collection of one billion colors that can represent incredible subtle differences in hue. For example - say you're watching a show and the sun is setting over the horizon in the background, you'll see the variations and gradients that make sunsets so striking in person.
- Contrast Enhancer: Flat images come to life with Samsung's Contrast Enhancer. The UHD TV intelligently applies varying levels of contrast enhancement to different areas and objects on the screen creating a dramatic 3D-like effect. As a result the TV can provide a realistic viewing experience with depth.
- Wide Viewing Angle: The Samsung UHD TV offers a wide viewing angle, so practically every seat in the room offers a great picture.
MR 240 w/ Auto Motion Plus: The Samsung UHD TV combines its 120Hz native panel refresh rate with Samsung's proprietary MR 240 & Auto Motion Plus image processing technology, which is faster and more responsive than conventional image processors, as it interpolates intermediate frames to smooth out the image. MR 240 & Auto Motion Plus helps to remove blur and judder from scenes with large amounts of rapid movement to provide a clearer picture. MR 240 & Auto Motion Plus reduces blur so that action movies, sports and video games have enhanced clarity. Advanced panel and unique backlight technology combine with proprietary algorithms to reduce the response time and yield a more accurate image reproduction with faster onscreen motion.
HDMI 2.0b Inputs: The Samsung UHD TV is equipped with four HDMI 2.0b inputs to connect to your Blu-ray player, Satellite/Cable receiver, Game Console, and/or AV receiver. Any HDMI input can also be used to connect a PC to this TV. All HDMI inputs are 4K compatible, HDCP 2.2 compliant, and support 4:4:4 color subsampling. Please use a premium high speed HDMI cable with 18 Gbps and above to view 4K HDR content.
- Supported Resolutions: Supported video resolutions include 4k (24/30/50/60Hz), 1080p (24/30/50/60Hz), 1080i (50/60Hz), 720p (50/60Hz), 480p (60Hz), and 480i (60Hz).
- HDCP 2.2 Compliant: HDCP 2.2 compliance makes the TV fully compatible with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission from Ultra-HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite//Cable providers.
- Color Subsampling: With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. 4:2:2 (50/60p) and 4:2:0 (50/60p) are also supported by all HDMI inputs.
Notes: This TV does not contain analog composite or component video inputs.
Picture Controls: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture. The TV's picture adjustments can be made for a particular AV input or for all inputs.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes - 16:9 (16:9 widescreen format), 4:3 (4:3 standard format), or Custom (magnifies or shrinks 16:9 pictures vertically and/or horizontally). The Picture size is fixed for video and still images displayed natively in 3840 x 2160 (4K).
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments to the picture. Select from Dynamic (increases the brightness of the screen), Standard (suitable for a normal environment), Natural (useful for reducing eye strain), or Movie (darkens the screen and reduces glare).
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for manually adjusting the picture quality. Manually adjust Backlight (adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight), Contrast (increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture), Brightness (adjusts the brightness level of the picture) Sharpness (sharpens or dulls the edges of objects), Color (adjusts the color saturation of the picture), and Tint (adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture).
- Expert Settings: The TV also offers more advanced
picture adjustments for expert fine tuning. Fine tune the
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using Cool/Normal/Warm 1/Warm 2 presets
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors)
- RGB: displays the Red/Green/Blue color for making find adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red/green/blue intensity)
- Digital Clean View: reduces any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen
- HDMI Black Levels: adjusts the black level to compensate for low black levels, low contrast, or dull colors generated by external devices connected to the TV via an HDMI cable
- Film & Games Modes: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals and adjust the picture from optimum quality. When the Game Mode is activated, the TV's settings are automatically optimized for an enhanced gaming experience with minimal input lag and ultra fast refresh rates (not available for normal TV viewing).
Built-in HDTV Tuner: The TV features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 4 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, or HDMI inputs to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, USB ports, and Samsung TV apps can pass as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- DLNA compliant devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
- DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an A/V receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 4 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary. The TV's speakers are muted when using ARC function.
Optical Digital Output: The TV's optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2ch PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, or USB ports. When the TV's optical digital output is selected, the TV's speakers are muted. DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: This TV does not contain any analog audio inputs or outputs.
Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 7-band EQ (100, 200, 500, 1k, 2k, 5k, & 10k Hz) for a more customized sound; or simply choose from the following EQ Preset Modes - Standard, Optimized, or Amplify.
Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Wireless Audio Connectivity: The Samsung TV provides wireless surround connectivity to compatible Samsung soundbars and speakers via WiFi. You can also wirelessly stream audio from the TV to a set of Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth powered speakers.
- WiFi Surround: If you've connected one or more Samsung wireless audio devices that support the WiFi function to the TV, you can create an optimal sound set up by configuring the surround effect settings. You can select any of the surround sound configurations, with or without a soundbar. During a WiFi Connection, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital) from the TV while the compatible Samsung speakers create a surround sound effect.
- Bluetooth Audio: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly connect a single set of Bluetooth headphones, a stereo pair of Bluetooth speakers, or a single Bluetooth speaker with the Samsung UHD TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the TV's built-in sources or connected sources to the Bluetooth headphones or speakers. The TV's audio outputs will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. You can choose to have the TV speakers play at the same time as your Bluetooth headphones or speaker, or you can turn the TV speakers completely off. The volume of the Bluetooth headphones or speaker will be controlled via the headphones or speaker, and not the TV.
Note: You cannot use the WiFi Surround and Bluetooth Audio feature simultaneously (you must choose one or the other).
Samsung's Quad-Core Processor: Samsung's Quad-Core processing speeds allow you to perform multiple tasks at the same time, such as using an app while downloading another one. It also enables extremely faster web browsing and application access. Quad-Core eliminates lag to give you a fluid browsing experience. It enables you to switch between apps, stream content, and multi-task much faster. This extra power also provides faster page refreshing.
Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung UHD TV so that it can access your home network and online Samsung TV Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi); it also supports WiFi Direct.
- Wired Ethernet: The TV's contains an RJ-45 Ethernet jack on its back-panel for a wired network connection. You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually.
- WiFi 802.11ac: The TV is IEEE 802.11ac WiFi certified for a wireless network connection. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Automatic, Manual, WPS (PBC), or WPS (PIN). The TV's built-in WiFi supports WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), or WPA2-PSK network security.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung UHD TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: A dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better is recommended For 4K streaming. Samsung recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
Samsung TV Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung TV to your home network, you gain access to Samsung's TV Apps. Samsung's TV Apps let you download online applications and services to the Samsung UHD TV. Samsung TV Apps has a growing collection of online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications - such as movies, TV shows, music, news, sports, and weather (subscriptions and purchase fees will apply).
- Movies & TV Shows: This UHD TV is HEVC Advanced & VP9 compliant, which means it'll be able to display 4K & HDR10 content from online movie & TV show providers (like Amazon Video, Netflix, Vudu, Google Play Movies & TV, & YouTube). You'll also be able to watch high definition movies and TV shows on HuluPlus/Live and HBO Go/HBO Now, as well as live TV broadcasts from Sling TV and YouTubeTV.
- Music & Radio: You can listen to online music and internet radio from Amazon, Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, Napster, TuneIn, and more.
- Gaming: This Samsung UHD TV offers built-in Steam Link functionality through the Steam Link app which can be downloaded from the Samsung Smart Hub. This app uses the same streaming technology as Valve's Steam Link, allowing you to stream all your favorite games seamlessly with amazing graphics and speed. The TV also offers select games from GameFly. Separate USB or Bluetooth controllers (sold separately) are required for gaming.
- Sports, News, & Weather: Enjoy sports, news, and weather information from NBA Digital, CNNgo, CNBC Real-Time, Bloomberg TV, The Weather Network, and WeatherNation.
- 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router (or better) for 4K & HDR streaming. Make sure the Samsung television has the latest software/firmware updates installed.
Sync & Share: You can play media content saved on your computer (via DLNA), thumbdrive or hard disk drive (via USB), and the cloud (via Samsung Cloud) through the Samsung UHD TV.
- DLNA Certified: The Samsung UHD TV is DLNA certified, allowing you to watch videos and photos, as well as listen to music saved on your Windows 7/8/10 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless).
- USB 2.0 Ports: The television is equipped with two USB-A 2.0 ports; there is one USB 5V/0.5A port for connecting a USB thumbdrive and one USB 5V/1A port for connecting a HDD (hard disk drive). Both USB 2.0 ports let you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB device. Files must be formatted in FAT, exFAT, or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files per folder.
- Gallery App (Samsung Cloud): The built-in Gallery App lets you view photos and videos synchronized with the Samsung Cloud. You can enjoy various content synchronized with a mobile device that supports the Samsung cloud. The available content types are photos, videos, stories, and other content shared through your groups.
Note: Compatible video file formats include AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, and MOV. Compatible photo file formats include JPEG, PNG, BMP, and MPO. Compatible audio file formats include MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, and OGG.
SmartThings Compatible: From the Samsung TV's on-screen dashboard, you can monitor, configure, and control smart devices you connected to the SmartThings service via the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) installed on your compatible smartphone or tablet device. You'll receive notifications about the statuses of your smart devices on the UHD TV's screen. You'll also be able to create custom modes to easily control multiple smart devices with a single command from the TV. Control of your SmartThing devices can be done from the included remote with Bixby or your mobile device running the SmartThings app.
- SmartThings & Samsung Devices: With SmartThings hub
functionality, the Samsung allows you to connect and control SmartThings
compatible devices - including a
Multipurpose Sensor, a
Motion Sensor, a
Arrival Sensor, a
Water Leak Sensor, and a
Smart Outlet (all sold separately). It is also compatible with a number
of Samsung appliances - including refrigerators and washers/dryer machines.
Internet of Things (IoT): In addition to being compatible with SmartThings and other Samsung network-enabled products, Samsung Connect Home is compatible with a number of third-party network devices that support Internet of Things (IoT) through Z-Wave, zigbee, LAN, or Cloud-to-Cloud; including locks (from Kwikset & Schlage), thermostats (from Honeywell), cameras (such as Netgear Arlo), light bulbs (such as Philips Hue), and more.
Full Web Browser: You can surf the Internet on the TV as you would on a PC. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can scroll web pages with the directional pad on the included remote. For a more convenient web browsing experience, connect a USB- or Bluetooth-enabled keyboard and mouse (sold separately) to the TV.
One Smart Remote with Voice Control by Bixby: Using the One Smart Remote's built-in microphone and the Bixby voice control function of the TV, your voice is all you need to control the TV and your SmartThing compatible devices. Because the One Smart Remote communicates with the TV through a wireless Bluetooth communication, you don't have to point the remote directly at the TV. There is an on-screen Bixby Guide which lets you learn the voice commands that are compatible with Bixby in various situations. Bixby is available only when the TV is connected to the Internet. Bixby will require an active Samsung Account user log-in.
- TV Control: Use the remote's built-in microphone and Bixby to turn on/off the Samsung television, navigate menus, and get to your favorite Smart TV content. You can even use only your voice to switch the channel or input, adjust the volume level, and launch online apps while focusing on the TV screen; which removes the need for a conventional remote control.
- SmartThings Control: Using the remote's built-in microphone with Bixby and the TV's on-screen dashboard to control your connected SmartThing and IoT devices. It will know all your connected devices, so all you have to do is say a command.
- Questions & Answers: You can also use the One Smart Remote to ask Bixby questions about the weather, traffic, news, sports, etc.
- When you turn on the TV for the first time, the Samsung One Smart Remote pairs to the TV automatically. If the Samsung Smart Remote does not pair to the TV automatically, point it at the remote control sensor of the TV, and then press and hold the "Back/Return" and "Play/Pause" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds or more.
Universal Remote Control Function: You can control external devices connected to the TV via HDMI using the One Smart Remote, Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC), and Auto Source Recognition.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): You can use the TV's One Smart Remote to control external devices that are connected to the TV by an HDMI cable and that support Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control up to 12 compliant external devices (up to 3 of the same type) except for home theaters; Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control only one home theater system.
- Auto Source Recognition: The TV uses Auto Source Recognition technology to automatically detect what kind of devices are plugged in via HDMI; then the One Smart Remote makes it simple to control these detected devices through the TV via HDMI-CEC. Auto Source Recognition and controlling function may not be supported by certain devices connected to the TV. To use the Auto Source Recognition feature, all HDMI-connected devices must also be on the same network and Internet connection is required.
Note: The remote control does not support IR commands. However, the TV does have an IR receiver and will support universal remote controls - such as Logitech's Harmony (sold separately).
SmartThings App: Use the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to turn your compatible smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the Samsung UHD TV. You can also use the app to share and mirror content between your compatible Samsung Android mobile device and the TV. Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to same wireless network as the Samsung UHD TV.
- Remote Control: Use the SmartThings app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to quickly and easily connect to the TV and control its main settings from your smartphone or tablet. In addition, you can remotely check and control the statuses of various devices such as Samsung smart devices, home appliances, and speakers registered to the server.
- Bidirectional Mirroring (for select Samsung Android Smartphones & Tablets Only): Bidirectional mirroring refers to either outputting the screen and sound of your compatible Samsung Android smartphone or tablet device on the Samsung TV, or outputting the screen and sound of the TV on your compatible Samsung Android mobile device. You can use the SmartThings app to enjoy the screen and sound of the TV on Samsung Android mobile device or to play the screen and sound of your Samsung Android mobile device on the TV. *Bidirectional Mirroring is not supported by Apple iOS devices, does not support all Android OS devices, and is only supported by newer Samsung Android mobile devices (not compatible with older Samsung Android mobile devices).
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung UHD TV will support a USB or Bluetooth enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately), which makes web browsing a lot easier.
Serial Port (EX Link): You can connect the 3.5mm serial port to an external control device (such as a computer or A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Smart Hub: The TV's Smart Hub has been redesigned and offers even easier navigation, plus quick access; you can even use these convenient features while still watching TV. The new Smart Hub features easy access to content by displaying your favorite and most used TV applications, as well as recommendations for even more entertainment options. Smart Hub offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and network apps.
- Universal & Keyword Search: You can type in a keyword to search for TV shows & movies across platforms, like over-the-air broadcasts and available online providers.
- Apps: From the TV's Home Screen, you can easily select the apps that have used previously or frequently. The apps can also be moved or deleted from the screen. You are also able to easily view, navigate and select between the following App categories - Editor's Choice, Most Popular, Downloaded Apps, Group Content, and Genre.
- TV Plus & Recommendations: The TV Plus feature aggregates TV and movie content from across services into a single interface. This includes on-demand TV shows, as well as movies available for rent or purchase. You'll also receive personalized recommendations based on your viewing habits, plus what's popular and trending.
- Channel Guide & Favorite Channels: In the Channel Guide, you can see the daily program schedules for each off-air broadcaster, see program information, choose a program to watch, and set up a schedule viewing. You can even designate frequently watched off-air stations as Favorites (up to 5).
- Notifications & Reminders: Set notifications & reminders to display on screen. You'll get a pop up message on the corner of your TV screen when there is a notification or reminder.
Connection Guide: The TV's on-screen Connection Guide lets you view detailed information about external device that can be connected to the televisions. It shows you how to connect various external devices such as cable boxes, satellite receivers, Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more using on-screen images. You can also change the input name of a connected external device or add it to the Home Screen for easier access.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The Samsung UHD TV offers Closed Captions and Voice Guides for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guides that describe the menu options aloud to aid the visually impaired.
ECO Settings: The Samsung UHD TV provides ECO settings to reduce the television's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Ambient Light Detection: Samsung's unique Ambient Light Detection measures the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Power Saving Mode: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- Motion Lighting: This feature adjusts the TV's brightness in response to on-screen movements to reduce power consumption.
- Auto Power Off: Automatically turns off the TV to reduce unnecessary power consumption if there is no operation for the length of time you specify (up to 4 hours)
Security Settings: The Samsung UHD TV offers security features for TV programming and the Internet.
- Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN. You can also lock and unlock specific apps using the same 4-digit PIN.
- Smart Security: When any device is connected to the Internet, it is vulnerable to hacks and malicious code. Samsung Smart Security protects the TV and storage media connected to the TV from such threats, when the television is connected to the Internet.
Timers: You can set Off Timer to shut off the TV automatically at a specific time; the Off Timer is only available if the Clock has been set. The Sleep Timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The Sleep Timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minute.
Remote Support + Self Diagnosis: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your TV, adjust the TV settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates. Your TV must be connected to your homes wired or wireless network. The Samsung UHD TV also provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
- The television only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the TV's many features.
Auto Updates: If the television is connected to the Internet, you can have the TV update its software automatically while you are watching it. When the background update is completed, it is applied the next time the TV is turned on. Updates can also be done via USB. Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware & Software updates.
- Do not turn off the TV's power until the update is complete. The TV will turn off and on automatically after completing the software update. Video and audio settings will be reset to their defaults after a software update.
Pedestal Stand with Cable Management: The TV ships with the pedestal stand unattached (requires assembly). The included pedestal stand provides a cable channel and snap-on cover, so you can conceal and neatly route cords to the TV. The pedestal stand and TV do not swivel. The television weighs 41.7 lbs with the pedestal feet.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back and comes with four wall-mount adapters for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is 200mm (h) x 200mm (v). The threaded inserts and wall-mount adapters require M8 (8mm) machine screws (not supplied). The included wall-mount adapters must be used when wall-mounting television. The television weighs 37.7 lbs without the pedestal feet.
Ventilation Clearance: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung UHD TV comes with a 5' detachable AC power cord. The power cord plugs into the back of the TV and fits flush with the rear-panel. The AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 0.9375" from the wall.
The Samsung UN55NU8000 replaces these items
- High Dynamic Range (HDR 10) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- 10-bit panel can display over one billion colors
- Motion Rate 240 (120Hz refresh rate)
1 question already asked