About the Samsung HL61A750
Samsung is one of the most experienced and innovative makers of DLP televisions. All those years of expertise helped create the sleek, sophisticated HL61A750. This HDTV employs Samsung's latest LED technology to deliver a big, colorful picture that can really fill a room. And the cabinet's super-thin bezel gives this model a cool, all-screen look.
State-of-the-art LED light engine
Instead of using a lamp and spinning color wheel like most DLP sets, the HL61A750 features a series of rapid-flashing Light Emitting Diodes that produce the red, green and blue primary colors, as well as the TV's illumination. For the few people who occasionally see "rainbows" distracting flashes of color when watching conventional DLP TVs, Samsung's LED-based light engine usually solves the issue. This system delivers high-contrast images with an ultra-wide color range, and 40% higher brightness than last year's models. Other LED benefits include cooler, quieter operation, lower energy consumption, and much quicker start-up.
High-definition the way it was meant to be seen
The HL61A750 boasts 1080p resolution, which is pretty much a necessity to ensure a crystal-clear picture on a screen this large. Whether you get your high-definition signals from cable, satellite, or over-the-air, most HD programs are broadcast in 1080i. A 1080p set like this one lets you enjoy them in all their splendor and detail. This TV also lets you take full advantage of high-definition Blu-ray Disc players, which output video signals in ultra-clear and detailed 1080p resolution.
A wealth of inputs for a variety of viewing options
The HL61A750 gives you plenty of inputs for your current and future audio/video gear. Three HDMI inputs let you plug in high-def satellite receivers, video game consoles, and other HDMI-equipped components. This "3D-ready" HDTV can deliver a startling 3D experience at home. To make it happen, you need an optional "3D kit" an IR emitter and special viewing glasses. Right now, only a limited amount of 3D content is available, and you have to connect your PC to the TV to view it.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
FREE "white glove" in-home delivery: This item will be delivered and placed in any accessible room in your home. Available to physical addresses in 50 United States only. Limited delivery available to Alaska and Hawaii for $99 per item call 1-888-955-6000 for more details. Sorry, we can't ship to P.O. Boxes or freight forwarders. Delivery takes 5-7 business days once your order has been processed. Extra charges may apply to items that must be carried up more than 5 flights of stairs. Allow extra time for delivery to remote addresses. Free return shipping not available with this model.
- 61" widescreen HDTV (16:9 aspect ratio)
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- Cinema Smooth 1080p Light Engine (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- LED light engine eliminates color wheel and improves color reproduction
- 10,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- 140°(H) x 60°(V) viewing angle
- DNIe digital video processing
- Digital Format Converter (upconverts all signals to 1080p)
- x.v.Color support
- 1-tuner picture-in-picture
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- illuminated remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies remote control for compatible Samsung components (HDMI-CEC)
- picture settings memory for each video input
- 7 A/V inputs, including:
- 2 composite video
- 1 S-video
- 2 component video (accepts signals up to 1080p)
- 3 HDMI v1.3 (accepts signals up to 1080p 60Hz, 24Hz)
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- USB port for digital photo/MP3 playback
- 3D-ready (requires 3D glasses and IR emitter, and a PC)
- Energy Star® 3.0 compliant see our article on TV power consumption for more info about this and other testing standards
- 54-3/4"W x 37-5/8"H x 15-1/8"D (pedestal is 39-1/4"W x 13-5/8"D)
- weight: 71.2 lbs.
- long-lasting LED illumination (60,000 hours)
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HL61A750
What's in the box:
- 61" Rear-projection DLP TV
- Wireless remote control (BP59-00673A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 6' Detachable AC power cord
- Screen cleaning cloth
- User Manual (English/Spanish)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Limited Warranty To Original Purchaser sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Cautions when using the projection TV" sheets (English/Spanish)
- "Procedures for controlling a DLP DTV using an RS-232C Connection" sheet
Samsung HL61A750 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung HL61A750
Features & specs
|Resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Picture In Picture||1 Tuner|
|Audio Output Power||10 watts x 2|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Type of Warranty Service||In-home|
|Power On (Manufacturer)||200 watts|
|Standby (Manufacturer)||0.80 watts|
|Footprint Width (inches)||39-1/4|
|Footprint Depth (inches)||13-5/8|
|Analog Inputs & Outputs|
|Total Video Inputs||7|
|Digital Inputs & Outputs|
DLP Projection System: DLP (Digital Light Processing) technology by Texas Instruments is the only display solution that enables projection systems to create a purely digital connection between a digital video or graphic source and the screen in front of you. While all other technologies are analog and compromise some image quality in translation, DLP projection unleashes the full potential of high-quality video content.
Next Generation DLP Chip by Texas Instruments: Samsung employs a DLP chip that is comprised of millions of microscopic mirrors capable of switching on and off at 15,000 or more times a second to deliver a razor-sharp picture for fast-moving images. When combined with Samsung's new Cinema Smooth Light Engine, the result is a crisp, bright picture with deep, rich colors that's closer to film.
CinemaPure Color Engine: CinemaPure Color Engine creates a brilliant picture that's more lifelike and much closer to film quality. It displays 40% brighter than traditional HDTVs with a crisp, 1080p high definition resolution. You can rely on the Samsung DLP HDTV to deliver high contrast, defined edges and sharp details
LED Backlight: Not only does an LED backlight produce brilliant color, it lasts the life of the TV. This environmentally-friendly DLP TV uses an LED backlight which means there's no bulb to replace. The long-lasting Generation 2.4 LED consistently outperforms its traditional lamp-based counterparts, delivering outstanding picture quality and continuous light output for over 60,000 hours
Digital Natural Image Engine (DNIe): Samsung's DNIe makes input signals sharper, clearer, and more lifelike. It's advanced image processors and six-times density enhancer help to create true-to-life colors and high contrast, while virtually eliminating digital artifacts. DNIe is made up of a Motion Optimizer, a Contrast Enhancer, a Color Optimizer and a Detail Enhancer to produce life-like images that rival reality.
Integrated HDTV Tuner: The TV has a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) tuner, so you don't have to purchase a separate digital set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV signals. The TV also has a 181-channel NTSC analog tuner. An additional QAM tuner decodes unscrambled digital cable signals.
Native Resolution: The television has a display resolution of 1920 x 1080. The HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i (component only) signals and will display them as 1920 x 1080. The television features a full HD 1920 x 1080p digital format converter for all inputs.
Digital Noise Reduction: If the broadcast signal received by the TV is weak, you can activate the DNR feature to help reduce any static and ghosting effects that may appear on the screen.
Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture for optimum quality.
Automatic Picture Settings: You can choose one of the following automatic picture modes:
- Standard: general TV watching mode
- Dynamic: to increase the clarity and sharpness of picture
- Movie: when watching movies
Note: You can adjust and store the following settings for each picture setting: contrast, brightness, sharpness, color and tint.
Detail Picture Settings: The television also allows you to make more precise picture settings.
- Black Adjust: directly select the black level on the screen from Off, Low, Medium or High to adjust the screen depth
- Dynamic Contrast: adjust the screen contrast from Off, Low, Medium, or High so that the optimal contrast is provided
- LED Control: selects the brightness of the LED by surrounding brightness from Auto, Max, High, Medium, Low or Min
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity from -3 to +3.
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature from -10 to +10 for more natural picture colors
- Flesh Tone: emphasizes the pink flesh tone in the picture
- Edge Enhancement: emphasizes object boundaries; can be turned either On or Off
- xvYCC: provides a wider color space when used with xvYCC-compatible video components and content; using HDMI or component video connections; you can turn this feature On or Off; Picture Mode must be set to Movie to use this feature
- Color Tone: choose from the following Color Tones - Cool2, Cool1, Normal, Warm1 or Warm2
Blue Only Mode: You can emphasize the Blue color by switching off the Red and Green colors. This function displays the blue signal only be removing the red and green signals from the video signal so as to provide a Blue Filter effect that is used to adjust the Color and Tint of video equipment such as DVD players and Home Theaters. Using the function, you can adjust the Color and Tint to preferred values appropriate to the signal level of each video device using the Red/Green/Blue/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow Color Bar Patterns, without using and additional Blue Filter.
Color Gamut: A Color gamut is a color matrix made up with the basic colors of Red, Green and Blue. You can choose from the following Color Gamuts - Wide (displays the native color gamut of panel device), Normal (normal color gamut offers flat and natural color tone), or sRGB (supports color tone of sRGB format).
Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- 4:3: sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode
- 16:9: sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode
- Wide Fit: enlarges the aspect ratio of the picture to fit the entire screen
- Zoom 1: magnifies the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote
- Zoom 2: magnifies the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote
- Just Scan: use this function to see the full image without cutting off the picture when DTV or HDMI 1080i/108p signals are input
Picture Position: You can adjust the horizontal and vertical position of the TV's picture to better fit the television's screen.
1-Tuner PIP: This TV has one built-in tuner, which does not allow PIP to function in the same mode. You can only watch an analog TV broadcast in the sub picture window while watching a different video source from the Component, HDMI or PC input on the TV's main window. You can change the size of the PIP window and even view the two pictures as a 4:3 or 16:9 split screen. You can also move the PIP window to each corner of the screen.
Note: While the V-chip is in operation, the PIP function cannot be used.
Edit Input: The television allows you to name the external device connected to the input jacks to make your input source selection easier. You can choose from VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR StB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, IPTV, Blue-Ray, HD DVD or Digital Media Adapter.
Channel Labeling: Channels can be labeled so that their call letters appear whenever the cannel is selected.
Favorites: This feature allows you to set a number of channels you watch frequently as Favorites for easy access.
Program Reserve: The television allows you to reserve a program you want to watch at a later time which changes the channel automatically to the reserved program at the selected time while you are watching another channel.
"Hidden" Speakers: The TV features a thin bezel design with the DACS "hidden" speaker system. The speaker system consists of 2 down-firing one-way speakers that are located on the front bottom of the panel. The speakers can be internally muted if you want to listen to audio through your sound system.
Entertainment Mode: The Entertainment Mode enables you to to select the optimal display and sound for sports, cinema and games. You can choose from Sports, Cinema, Game and Off.
Auto Volume: Auto volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel by lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or by raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low.
Sound Settings: You can choose from the following sound settings:
- Standard: resets the standard factory settings
- Music: for watching music videos and concerts
- Movie: for watching movies
- Speech: for watching a show that is mostly dialogue
- Custom: allows you to adjust the 5-band EQ, which includes the following frequencies: 100Hz, 300Hz, 1kHz, 3kHz, 10kHz
SRS TruSurround XT: TruSurround is a patented SRS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through the two speaker internal playback system. It is fully compatible with all multi-channel formats.
Wiselink: The TV's USB 2.0 type-A port allows you to connect a USB mass storage device to view JPEG files and play MP3 audio files. You have access to the following functions:
Photo (JPEG) List: This menu shows JPEG files and folders saved on the USB device and allows you to do the following:
- Sort: You can sort photos by month, time, or folder so you are only viewing images you want to see.
- Slide Show: You can play files on the USB device in a slide show. You can adjust the slide show speed to Slow, Normal, or Fast. You can also choose an MP3 file on the USB device to play as background music during the slide show. The repeat function allows you to play the slide show again and again.
- Rotate: This feature allows you to rotate the selected image by 90°, 180°, or 270°.
- Zoom: You can enlarge a picture 2x or 4x. Once the image is enlarged, you can pan through the image.
- MP3 List: This menu shows MP3 files saved on the USB
device and allows you to play them back. You can choose from the following
- Sort: You can sort the music files by Title, Artist, Mood, Genre Folder or Preference.
- Once: The music file is played once.
- Repeat: The music file played repeatedly.
- Firmware Upgrades: Samsung may offer upgrades for the TV's firmware in the future. These firmware upgrades will be possible by connecting a USB drive to the TV's USB port.
PC Display: The PC input allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output and 3.5mm audio minijack, allowing you to use the TV as a high-resolution computer monitor. You can also connect the television to your PC through its HDMI input.
3D Function: The television is 3D HD ready. The TV is capable of displaying future 3D games, movies and other programming via 3D compatible glasses and hardware.
Digital Closed Captioning: You can customize the closed caption display characteristics by changing the background color foreground color, text size, and font when viewing digital channels.
V-Chip: The V-Chip feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children based on the user selected parental guidelines. The user must enter a 4-digit password before any of the V-Chip restriction are set up or changed.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
On/Off Timer: The On/Off timer allows you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. You can choose the "On Timer Channel" and "On Timer Volume". You can also select from a Once, Daily, Weekday or Weekend On/Off Timer repeat mode.
Illuminated Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the Samsung DLP television and Anynet+ connected components. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23 feet from TV with a direct line of site. The remote's buttons are backlit and will light up with a press of a button.
Anynet+: Anynet+ is an AV network system that enables you to control all HDMI connected Samsung AV devices with your Samsung TV's remote. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung AV devices that support the Anynet+ feature and are connected with HDMI 1.3 cables. The Anynet+ feature must be turned on in the menu to function. Anynet+ can support up to 12 AV devices in total.
HDMI: The TV feature three HDMI terminals. The HDMI terminals can accommodate a copy-protected digital connection (HDCP) to other devices (such as digital set-top boxes) that have compatible interfaces. One of the HDMI terminals can be used for a DVI-equipped component. A separate analog RCA stereo audio connection and a DVI-to-HDMI adapter will be needed. The HDMI jacks accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p signals
Component Video: The two sets of component video inputs will accept 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i signals.
S-Video: In addition to two composite video inputs, the unit also features one S-video input for external devices with and S-Video output such as a camcorder or VCR.
Digital Audio Output: In addition to the unit's analog stereo audio inputs the TV is equipped with a digital audio optical output for connection to your Dolby Digital/DTS receiver.
PC: This input consists of a 3.5mm audio jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect your personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio input for your audio connection.
3D Sync Out: Proprietary output connects to 3D IR emitter.
WiseLink: 2.0 USB type-A port for connection of an USB mass storage device to view photo files (JPEG) or play audio files (MP3).