About the Samsung QN65Q60T
Quantum dot color and a new take on backlighting
Quantum dot color and a new take on backlighting
The Q60T series features Samsung's lowest-priced QLED TVs for 2020. QLED is based on the company's ever-evolving quantum dot color technology. The 65" QN65Q60T uses these nanocrystals to produce over a billion pure, vibrant colors. The Q60T series also introduces Samsung's Dual LED backlight, which combines cool tone (blue) and warm tone (yellow) LEDs to improve picture contrast and reduce light leakage.
Lifelike 4K picture detail
This TV does a wonderful job of presenting streamed 4K movies and shows from services like Netflix® and Amazon Instant Video. Or, for the ultimate viewing experience, connect a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player. Samsung's Quantum HDR technology expands the range of color and detail beyond what's possible on HDTVs. This model's outstanding native contrast makes it a really good choice for watching in a darkened room.
Built-in Apple TV app, and three cool voice control options
Samsung's 2020 4K TVs include the Apple TV streaming app, so you can rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device. The QN65Q60T also supports Apple® AirPlay® 2, so you'll be able to stream content wirelessly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® to the biggest screen in your home.
The Multi View feature allows you to split your screen to show your mirrored mobile device on one side and your TV content on the other.
Samsung's slender OneRemote is one of the smartest remotes we've seen. It automatically detects, identifies, and controls your connected devices and content. Use the OneRemote's microphone to access either of the TV's built-in intelligent voice assistants: Bixby or Alexa. These assistants make it easy to change inputs, launch apps, or even ask about the weather, using only your voice.
The QN65Q60T is also compatible with Google Home voice assistants (firmware update required).
Use the Sanus MountFinder™ to see a list of wall-mounts that work with your specific TV.
- 64.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Quantum Dot technology provides 100% Color Volume — full color with full brightness
- Quantum Processor 4K Lite optimizes color, contrast, and HDR quality
- Quantum HDR (supports HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG)
- edge-lit Dual LED backlight combines cool tone and warm tone LEDs for improved picture contrast with less light leakage
- Supreme UHD Dimming (frame dimming) further enhances contrast
- Motion Rate 120 blur reduction (60Hz refresh rate)
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 25Mbps)
- Apple TV app lets you rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- built-in Bixby and Alexa intelligent voice assistants
- supports voice control of compatible apps (future firmware update required):
- will work with Google Assistant-compatible voice control assistants
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- built-in Apple® AirPlay® 2 allows wireless streaming from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac®
- mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring, including Multi View split screen
- 3 HDMI 2.0b
- 1 composite video
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 2 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in down-firing speakers (10 watts x 2)
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the TV's audio outputs will be disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers; you can choose to have the TV's built-in speakers play or not
General Features & Info:
- OneRemote with built-in microphone for voice control
- Ambient Mode can show a screen saver featuring photos, artwork, or info like weather
- dimensions: 57-1/8"W x 35-9/16"H x 11-1/2"D with stand; 57-1/8"W x 32-9/16"H x 2-1/2"D without stand
- weight: 49.8 lbs. with stand; 49.2 lbs. without stand
- detachable dual-footer stand ("footprint" is 44-1/2"W x 11-1/2"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included, see Accessories)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 400mm x 300mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # QN65Q60TAFXZA
What's in the box:
- 65" LED-LCD TV
- 5' AC power cord
- 2 Pedestal feet
- Remote control (BN59-01330A)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 2 Cable clamps
- User Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- Connect Sheet
- Using Accessibility Functions" sheet
- Important Safety Precautions
- Warranty Information
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Samsung QN65Q60T reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung QN65Q60T
Features & specs
QLED TV: Samsung's QLED TV utilizes Quantum Dots along with Samsung's Quantum Processor 4K to produce an immersive viewing experience with a wide range of color, exceptional contrast, and accurate detail. Quantum Dots are nano-sized, cadmium-free, finely tuned particles that turn light into the brilliant billion plus colors you experience on QLED TVs. Quantum dots are inorganic particles that resist wear out, so you can enjoy superb picture quality for years. As some TVs age, you may see that colors are less vibrant. QLED TVs are built to last and provide a vibrant picture even after long periods of time. Samsung's metal alloy quantum dot pixels feature inorganic materials that are engineered for durability and resistance to fading.
Note: This TV complies with the CTA 4K Ultra High-Definition Connected definition requirements. The trade organization known as the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is considered an industry authority on engineering standards for consumer electronics in the United States. Visit www.cta.tech for more information.
Note: This TV complies with the CTA 4K Ultra High-Definition Connected definition requirements. The trade organization known as the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is considered an industry authority on engineering standards for consumer electronics in the United States. Visit www.cta.tech for more information.
Dual LED with Supreme UHD Dimming: The Samsung QLED TV utilizes and edge-lit Dual LED backlight system with both warm and cool LEDs that enhance contrast and detail. In addition, Supreme UHD Dimming precisely scans a number zones across the entire image and adjusts brightness to deliver even beter contrast with deeper darks and brighter whites.
Quantum Processor 4K Lite: The Quantum Processor 4K Lite enhances color, optimizes high contrast ratio, and delivers a 4K HDR quality picture.
- 100% Color Volume: Samsung QLED TV delivers 100% color volume with over a billion shades of color (powered by Quantum Dots). QLED TVs with 100% Color Volume deliver a brilliant visual experience by providing a rejuvenating effect for colors that may appear dull or faded in challenging content. QLED televisions can produce 100% color volume in the DCI-P3 color space, the format for most cinema screen and HDR movies for television. By definition, Color Volume is an index of how well colors are reproduced in richness and accuracy at different brightness. With higher color volume, you get a wider, more diverse range of color that feels rejuvenated at higher brightness levels.
- Quantum HDR: Quantum HDR combines Samsung's QLED and HDR10+ technology to give you a wider range of brightness and contrast, bringing all the picture nuances to life. As a result, you'll see colors in movies and shows that "pop", just as the director intended-in stunning high dynamic range (no more details hidden in the shadows). You get a realistic picture, whether you're watching in a room drenched with light or with no light at all.
HDR: The Samsung QLED TV features the ability to provide a premium High Dynamic Range (HDR) experience, with a higher level of contrast between light and dark images. HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The TV supports HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HDR10+: Samsung Electronics and Amazon Prime Video announced the entire Prime Video HDR library is now available in HDR10+, a new open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions. Prime Video is the first streaming service provider to deliver HDR10+ content to its users. The HDR10+ technology on Prime Video incorporates dynamic metadata that allows the Samsung QLED TV to adjust brightness levels on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis. By applying individualized tone mapping to each scene, HDR10+ delivers an incredible viewing experience. The picture quality offers an enhanced visual experience with more detailed expressions, brighter shadow areas and more accurate color renderings that stay true to the creator's original intent.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Note: This TV does not support Dolby Vision.
Auto Motion Plus (MR 120): The Samsung QLED TV combines its 60Hz native panel refresh rate with Samsung's proprietary Auto Motion Plus (MR 120) image processing technology, Auto Motion Plus (MR 120) helps to remove blur and judder from scenes with large amounts of rapid movement to provide a clearer picture. Auto Motion Plus (MR 120) reduces blur so that action movies, sports and video games have enhanced clarity. The TV also offers manual motion adjustments.
- LED Clear Motion: Enable LED Clear Motion to sharpen fast moving images. When fast moving objects are recognized, the TV's backlight behind the objects are adjusted accordingly.
- Judder Reduction: Manually adjust the TV's Judder Reduction to smooth out uneven and jumpy visually processing that can sometimes be caused by fast motion video.
HDMI 2.0b Inputs: The Samsung QLED TV is equipped with three HDMI 2.0 inputs to connect to your Blu-ray player, Satellite/Cable receiver, Game Console, and/or AV receiver. Any HDMI input can also be used to connect a PC to this TV. All HDMI inputs are 4K compatible, HDCP 2.2 compliant, and support 4:4:4 color subsampling. Please use a premium high speed HDMI cable with 18 Gbps and above to view 4K HDR content.
- Supported Resolutions: Supported video resolutions include 4k (24/30/50/60Hz), 1080p (24/30/50/60Hz), 1080i (50/60Hz), 720p (50/60Hz), 480p (60Hz), and 480i (60Hz). The HDMI inputs' "Input Signal Plus" setting should be turned on if you will be watching 4K sources.
- HDCP 2.2 Compliant: HDCP 2.2 compliance makes the TV fully compatible with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission from Ultra-HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite//Cable providers.
- Color Subsampling: With 4:4:4 (8-bit/60Hz) color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. 4:2:2 (10-bit/60Hz) and 4:2:0 (10-bit/60Hz) are also supported by all HDMI inputs.
Note: The TV is also outfitted with one composite video input that supports an analog 480i video signal.
Picture Controls: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture. The TV's picture adjustments can be made for a particular AV input or for all inputs.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes - 16:9 (16:9 widescreen format), 4:3 (4:3 standard format), or Custom (magnifies or shrinks 16:9 pictures vertically and/or horizontally). 4:3 cannot be select for Ultra HD 4K video and images.
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments to the picture. Select from Dynamic (increases the brightness of the screen), Standard (suitable for a normal environment), Natural (useful for reducing eye strain), or Movie (darkens the screen and reduces glare).
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for manually adjusting the picture quality. Manually adjust Backlight (adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight), Contrast (increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture), Brightness (adjusts the brightness level of the picture) Sharpness (sharpens or dulls the edges of objects), Color (adjusts the color saturation of the picture), and Tint (adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture).
- Expert Settings: The TV also offers more advanced
picture adjustments for expert fine tuning. Fine tune the
- Contrast Enhancer: automatically balances the contrast to prevent excessive differences between bright and dark areas
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using Cool/Normal/Warm 1/Warm 2 presets
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors)
- RGB: displays the Red/Green/Blue color for making fine adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red/green/blue intensity)
- Shadow Detail: adjusts the brightness of dark images to increase detail in blacks
- HDMI Black Levels: adjusts the black level to compensate for low black levels, low contrast, or dull colors generated by external devices connected to the TV via an HDMI cable; this function is only available when the input signal connected to the TV via an HDMI connector is set to RGB 4:4:4
- Noise Reduction: reduce picture noise to avoid distractions such as flickering
Film & Games Modes: The Samsung QLED TV offers unique Film & Game modes to enhance your movie and gaming experience.
- Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals and adjust the picture for optimum quality. This feature is only available for the built-in HDTV tuner and the TV's HDMI inputs (1080i only).
- Game Modes: You can enable Game Mode to optimize the TV's settings for playing video games with a gaming console. Game Mode bypasses and disables some of the TV's video processing to allow for faster video gaming response time. You can also enable the Game Motion Plus option, which adds back in a little motion processing for smoother video motion while gaming (the video lag will be a little slower than the standard Game Mode).
Built-in HDTV Tuner: The TV features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): The Enhanced Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 2 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. eARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your eARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI eARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, USB ports, and Samsung TV apps can pass as Dolby Atmos (via Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- DLNA compliant devices and analog sources will only output audio at 2ch PCM only.
- DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: Your AV receiver or soundbar will also have to support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) to accommodate the playback of these high resolution audio formats. If your AV receiver or soundbar only supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), audio playback will be limited to Dolby Digital or 5.1ch/2ch PCM.
Optical Digital Output: The TV's optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2ch PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, or USB ports. When the TV's optical digital output is selected, the TV's speakers are muted. DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: This TV does not contain any analog outputs.
Wireless Audio Connectivity: The Samsung TV provides wireless surround connectivity to compatible Samsung soundbars and speakers via WiFi. You can also wirelessly stream audio from the TV to a set of Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth powered speakers.
- WiFi Surround: If you've connected one or more Samsung wireless audio devices that support the WiFi function to the TV, you can create an optimal sound set up by configuring the surround effect settings. You can select any of the surround sound configurations, with or without a soundbar. During a WiFi Connection, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital) from the TV while the compatible Samsung speakers create a simulated surround sound effect.
- Bluetooth Audio: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly connect a single set of Bluetooth headphones, a stereo pair of Bluetooth speakers, or a single Bluetooth speaker with the Samsung QLED TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the TV's built-in sources or connected sources to the Bluetooth headphones or speakers. The TV's audio outputs and HDMI ARC will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. You can choose to have the TV speakers play at the same time as your Bluetooth headphones or speaker, or you can turn the TV speakers completely off. The volume of the Bluetooth headphones or speaker will be controlled via the headphones or speaker, and not the TV.
Note: You cannot use the WiFi Surround and Bluetooth Audio feature simultaneously (you must choose one or the other).
Audio Settings: The Samsung QLED TV offers a variety of audio adjustments to meet your listening needs.
- Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 7-band EQ (100, 200, 500, 1k, 2k, 5k, & 10k Hz) for a more customized sound; or simply choose from the following EQ Preset Modes - Standard, Adaptive, or Amplify.
- Auto Volume: The Auto Volume feature equalizes the sound automatically so that the volume level remains the same when you change between channels and sources.
- Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung QLED TV so that it can access your home network and online Samsung TV Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi); it also supports WiFi Direct.
- Wired Ethernet: The TV's contains an RJ-45 Ethernet jack on its back-panel for a wired network connection. You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually.
- WiFi 802.11ac: The TV is IEEE 802.11ac WiFi certified for a wireless network connection. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Automatic, Manual, WPS (PBC), or WPS (PIN). The TV's built-in WiFi supports WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), or WPA2-PSK network security. The TV should be positioned within 50' of the wireless router, modem, or access point.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung QLED TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: Samsung recommends a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better and a home network connection speed of at least 10Mbps for standard and high-definition streaming or 25Mbps for 4K streaming.
Samsung TV Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung TV to your home network, you gain access to Samsung's TV Apps. Samsung's TV Apps let you download online applications and services to the Samsung QLED TV. Samsung TV Apps has a growing collection of online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications - such as movies, TV shows, music, news, sports, and weather (subscriptions and purchase fees will apply).
- Movies & TV Shows: This QLED TV is HEVC Advanced & VP9 compliant, which means it'll be able to display 4K & HDR10 content from online movie & TV show providers (like Amazon Video, Netflix, Vudu, Google Play Movies & TV, FandangoNow, Disney+, and YouTube). You'll also be able to watch high definition movies and TV shows on Hulu+Live, HBO Go/HBO Now, and ShowTime; as well as live TV broadcasts from Sling TV and YouTubeTV. You even have access to Facebook Watch for popular social media videos.
- Music & Radio: You can listen to online music and internet radio from Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Tidal, and more.
- Gaming: This Samsung QLED TV offers built-in Steam Link functionality through the Steam Link app which can be downloaded from the Samsung Smart Hub. This app uses the same streaming technology as Valve's Steam Link, allowing you to stream all your favorite games seamlessly with amazing graphics and speed. Separate USB or Bluetooth controllers (sold separately) are required for gaming.
- Sports, News, & Weather: Enjoy sports, news, and weather information from ESPN, MLB, CNBC Real-Time, and WeatherNation.
- 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 25Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router (or better) for 4K & HDR streaming. Make sure the Samsung television has the latest software/firmware updates installed.
Built-In Apple TV: The Samsung TV features built-in Apple TV with support for iTunes Movies & TV Shows. With the new Apple TV app on the Samsung TV, you'll be able to access your existing iTunes library and browse the iTunes Store to buy or rent from a selection of hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes (including the largest selection of 4K/HDR movies). The Apple TV app will work seamlessly with Samsung's Smart TV Services - such as Universal Guide, Keyword Search, and Bixby - to create a consistent experience across the Samsung user interface.
Note: Apple TV is not compatible with Alexa or Google Assistant voice control.
Mobile Device Mirroring: You are able to mirror video and photo content from your compatible mobile device on the Samsung TV. Smart View for Samsung Android devices and AirPlay 2 for Apple iOS devices are supported mirroring applications. Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to same wireless network as the Samsung TV.
- Smart View (for Android): You are able mirror content from your Samsung Android smartphone with Smart View built-in on the Samsung QLED TV. You'll be able to mirror photos, videos, music, online apps and more on the big screen. Within Smart View is a Multi View feature that allows you to mirror the screen of your Samsung mobile device alongside the TV's content at the same time, so you can watch them side-by-side.
- AirPlay 2 (for Apple iOS): With support for AirPlay 2, you will be able to wirelessly stream content (including videos, photos, music, podcasts, and more) directly from your Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.4 and newer) or Mac computer (OS X 10.13.2 and newer) to the Samsung TV's big screen - all without the need for an Apple TV or additional wired connection. AirPlay 2 does not support Multi View.
Content Share: You can play media content saved on your computer (via DLNA), thumbdrive or hard disk drive (via USB), and the cloud (via Samsung Cloud) through the Samsung QLED TV.
- DLNA Certified: The Samsung QLED TV is DLNA certified, allowing you to watch videos and photos, as well as listen to music saved on your Windows 7/8/10 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless).
- USB 2.0 Ports: The television is equipped with two USB-A 2.0 ports; there is one USB 5V/0.5A port for connecting a USB thumbdrive and one USB 5V/1A port for connecting a HDD (hard disk drive). An external HDD may require its own AC power adapter. Both USB 2.0 ports let you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB device. Files must be formatted in FAT, exFAT, or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files per folder.
- Gallery App (Samsung Cloud): The built-in Gallery App lets you view photos and videos synchronized with the Samsung Cloud. You can enjoy various content synchronized with a mobile device that supports the Samsung cloud. The available content types are photos, videos, stories, and other content shared through your groups.
Note: Compatible video file formats include AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, and MOV. Compatible photo file formats include JPEG, PNG, BMP, and MPO. Compatible audio file formats include MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, and OGG.
SmartThings Compatible: From the Samsung TV's on-screen dashboard, you can monitor, configure, and control smart devices you connected to the SmartThings service via the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) installed on your compatible smartphone or tablet device. You'll receive notifications about the statuses of your smart devices on the QLED TV's screen. You'll also be able to create custom modes to easily control multiple smart devices with a single command from the TV. Control of your SmartThings devices can be done from the included remote with Bixby or your mobile device running the SmartThings app.
- SmartThings & Samsung Devices: With SmartThings hub
functionality, the Samsung allows you to connect and control SmartThings
compatible devices - including a Multipurpose Sensor, a Motion Sensor, a Arrival Sensor, a Water Leak Sensor, and a Smart Outlet (all sold separately - see Accessories Tab). It is also compatible with a number
of Samsung appliances - including refrigerators and washers/dryer machines.
Internet of Things (IoT): In addition to being compatible with SmartThings and other Samsung network-enabled products, Samsung Connect Home is compatible with a number of third-party network devices that support Internet of Things (IoT) through Z-Wave, zigbee, LAN, or Cloud-to-Cloud; including locks (from Kwikset & Schlage), thermostats (from Honeywell), cameras (such as Netgear Arlo), light bulbs (such as Philips Hue), and more.
Full Web Browser: You can surf the Internet on the TV as you would on a PC. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can scroll web pages with the directional pad on the included remote. For a more convenient web browsing experience, connect a USB- or Bluetooth-enabled keyboard and mouse (sold separately) to the TV.
One Smart Remote with Buil-in Mic For Bixby or Alexa: Using the Samsung One Smart Remote's built-in microphone and Bixby or Alexa voice recognition, your voice is all you need to control the TV and your SmartThing compatible devices. Because the One Smart Remote communicates with the TV through a wireless Bluetooth communication, you don't even have to point the remote directly at the TV. Bixby or Alexa can be activated by pressing and holding "mic" button on the remote and then speaking into the remote's built-in mic ("Hi Bixby" and "Alexa" wakeup commands are not supported). The TV's on-screen setup menu lets you choose which voice control service (Bixby or Alexa) you want to use and provides a brief tutorial. Bixby or Alexa is only available when the TV is connected to the Internet. Bixby will require an active Samsung Account user log-in, while Alexa requires an active Amazon Acout user log-in.
- TV Control: Use the remote's built-in microphone and Bixby or Alexa to turn on/off the Samsung television, adjust menu settings, change channels or inputs, adjust the volume, and even launch your favorite online music or movie apps.
- SmartThings Control: Using the remote's built-in
microphone with Bixby or Alexa and the TV's on-screen dashboard, you'll be able control your
connected SmartThing and IoT devices. It will know all your connected
devices, so all you have to do is say a command.
- Questions & Answers: You can also use the One Smart Remote to ask Bixby or Alexa questions about the weather, traffic, news, sports, etc.
- Google Assistant supported will be added via a future over-the-network firmware update (no ETA).
- When you turn on the TV for the first time, the Samsung One Smart Remote pairs to the TV automatically. If the Samsung One Smart Remote does not pair to the TV automatically, point it at the remote control sensor of the TV, and then press and hold the "Back/Return" and "Play/Pause" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds or more.
Universal Remote Control Function: You can control external devices connected to the TV via HDMI using the One Smart Remote, Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC), and Auto Source Recognition.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): You can use the TV's One Smart Remote to control external devices that are connected to the TV by an HDMI cable and that support Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control up to 12 compliant external devices (up to 3 of the same type) except for home theaters; Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control only one home theater system.
- Auto Source Recognition: The TV uses Auto Source Recognition technology to automatically detect what kind of devices are plugged in via HDMI; then the One Smart Remote makes it simple to control these detected devices through the TV via HDMI-CEC. Auto Source Recognition and controlling function may not be supported by certain devices connected to the TV. To use the Auto Source Recognition feature, all HDMI-connected devices must also be on the same network and Internet connection is required.
Note: The remote control does not support IR commands. However, the TV does have an IR receiver and will support universal remote controls - such as Logitech's Harmony (sold separately).
SmartThings App: Use the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to turn your compatible smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the Samsung QLED TV. Use the SmartThings app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to quickly and easily connect to the TV and control its main settings from your smartphone or tablet. In addition, you can remotely check and control the statuses of various devices such as Samsung smart devices, home appliances, and speakers registered to the server. Through the SmartThings app, you can even use Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy S8 series or higher mobile device to operate the TV via voice commands (not compatible with Apple iOS or older Android devices).
Remote Access: The new Remote Access feature on the Samsung QLED TVs provide you wireless, on-screen control over connected peripheral devices, enabling convenient web browsing, cloud office access and more. Remote Access allows you to directly control your devices connected to the TV with a keyboard and mouse in addition to simply displaying the content on a larger screen. With Remote Access, input devices, including keyboards, can be connected to the Samsung Smart TV, making it easier for you to control your on-screen content. Without a separate HDMI cable connection, you can remotely access a PC in your room through the TV in your living room to perform various tasks including surfing the web or playing games from the TV's screen using a connected keyboard and mouse. Additionally, web browser-based cloud office service can be accessed through Remote Access, so you can now access files and work on documents from the TV.
Note: To address security concerns surrounding wireless connectivity and cloud services, Samsung has integrated its proprietary Knox security technology into its Remote Access features. Knox is supported with regular firmware updates for continuous protection. Knox has been certified by Common Criteria for its security performance and is the only security solution in the TV industry to receive this certification.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung QLED TV will support a USB or Bluetooth enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately), which makes web browsing a lot easier.
Serial Port (EX Link): You can connect the 3.5mm serial port to an external control device (such as a computer or A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Smart Hub: The TV's Smart Hub offers easy navigation and quicky access to off-air and online content, as well as menu settings (many of these features can be done while still watching a program). The Smart Hub offers convenient access to content by displaying your favorite and most used TV applications, as well as recommendations for even more entertainment options. Samsung's Smart Hub offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and network apps.
- Universal Guide & Keyword Search: The TV's Universal Guide provides a list of curated content from broadcast and streaming channels, personalized just for you - so you can easily find your favorite content, all in one place. You can also type in a keyword to search for TV shows & movies across platforms, like over-the-air broadcasts and available online providers.
- Smart TV Apps: From the TV's Home Screen, you can easily select the apps that have used previously or frequently. The apps can also be moved or deleted from the screen. You are also able to easily view, navigate and select between the following App categories - Editor's Choice, Most Popular, Downloaded Apps, Group Content, and Genre.
- Channel Guide & Favorite Channels: In the Channel Guide, you can see the daily program schedules for each off-air broadcaster and Samsung TV Plus channels, see program information, choose a program to watch, and set up a schedule viewing. You can even designate frequently watched off-air stations as Favorites (up to 5).
- Notifications & Reminders: Set notifications & reminders to display on screen. You'll get a pop up message on the corner of your TV screen when there is a notification or reminder.
Connection Guide: The TV's on-screen Connection Guide lets you view detailed information about external device that can be connected to the televisions. It shows you how to connect various external devices such as cable boxes, satellite receivers, Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more using on-screen images. You can also change the input name of a connected external device or add it to the Home Screen for easier access.
Ambient Mode: Ambient Mode helps the Samsung QLED TV blend with your home decor. Instead of a simple black screen, you can choose for TV to display meaningful images that match your lifestyle and room, with easy settings and plenty of choices from the TV's on-screen menu and SmartThings app on your Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 6.0+ device. You can even have the TV automatically adjust the brightness level and turn off after a set time when in Ambient Mode.
- Decor: Set the screen with a background and colors that matches your room decor perfectly.
- Info: You can display information on the TV screen like the time and date or weather and news updates with a beautiful background.
- Photo: Display your favorite photos from your mobile device using the SmartThings app. Photos stored on your Apple iOS or Android device are imported to the TV using the SmartThings app. You can even use various filters to transform your photos into beautiful works of art right before your eyes.
- Artworks: Lovers of art will also enjoy beautiful pieces from well-known photographers and artists, all grouped on a variety of themes.
- Lighting: Special lighting for special occasions. Select from a variety of options, like neon, and have some fun with your space.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The Samsung QLED TV offers Closed Captions and Voice Guides for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guides that describe the menu options aloud to aid the visually impaired.
ECO Settings: The Samsung QLED TV provides ECO settings to reduce the television's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Ambient Light Detection: Samsung's unique Ambient Light Detection measures the intensity of the room's light and automatically calibrates the brightness of the image on the screen. In a sun-filled environment, the screen gets brighter and in dim surroundings, the intensity is reduced. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Power Saving Mode: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- Motion Lighting: This feature adjusts the TV's brightness in response to on-screen movements to reduce power consumption.
- Auto Power Off: Automatically turns off the TV to reduce unnecessary power consumption if there is no operation for the length of time you specify (up to 4 hours)
Security Settings: The Samsung QLED TV offers security features for TV programming and the Internet.
- Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN. You can also lock and unlock specific apps using the same 4-digit PIN.
- Smart Security: When any device is connected to the Internet, it is vulnerable to hacks and malicious code. Samsung Smart Security protects the TV and storage media connected to the TV from such threats, when the television is connected to the Internet.
Timers: You can set Off Timer to shut off the TV automatically at a specific time; the Off Timer is only available if the Clock has been set. The Sleep Timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The Sleep Timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minute.
Remote Support + Self Diagnosis: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your TV, adjust the TV settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates. Your TV must be connected to your homes wired or wireless network. The Samsung QLED TV also provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
- The television only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the TV's many features.
Auto Updates: If the television is connected to the Internet, you can have the TV update its software automatically while you are watching it. When the background update is completed, it is applied the next time the TV is turned on. Updates can also be done via USB. Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware & Software updates.
- Do not turn off the TV's power until the update is complete. The TV will turn off and on automatically after completing the software update. Video and audio settings will be reset to their defaults after a software update.
Pedestal Feet: The Samsung QLED TV sits on a flat tabletop surface using its two pedestal feet. The TV ships with the pedestal feet unattached (requires assembly). The TV does not swivel. The television weighs 49.8 lbs with the pedestal feet.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four M8 (8mm) threaded inserts on the rear-panel for use with an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The spacing of the threaded inserts is 400mm (h) x 300mm (v). The television weighs 49.2 lbs without the pedestal feet.
Note: Additional hardware (available from most local hardware stores) may be needed for some wall-mount brackets and applications.
Ventilation Clearance: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung QLED TV comes with a 5' detachable AC power cord. The power cord plugs into the back of the TV and protrudes 0.125" from the back of the TV. The AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that sits 1.0" from the wall.
The Samsung QN65Q60T replaces these items
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10, HDR10+, HLG)
- Motion Rate 240 (120Hz refresh rate)
- built-in Apple® AirPlay® 2 wireless streaming, plus Apple TV app for easy access to Apple's movie and TV show library
1 question already asked