- 64.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Direct Full Array LED backlight with Supreme UHD Dimming (local dimming)
- Wide Viewing Angle film layer improves off-angle viewing for a vibrant picture no matter where you sit
- EyeComfort Mode evaluates your room's brightness and adjusts the TV's contrast settings accordingly
- Quantum HDR+ (HDR10, HDR10+ Adaptive/Gaming, and HLG) for excellent picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- Quantum Dot technology provides 100% color volume — full color with full brightness
- Neural Quantum Processor 4K improves contrast, shadow detail, and color accuracy
- 4K AI Upscaling enhances standard-def and high-def video signals for optimum display on a 4K screen
- Filmmaker Mode™ automatically adjusts picture settings to preserve the director's intent
- Motion Xcelerator Turbo+ blur reduction
Video source compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 25Mbps)
- Samsung TV Plus lets you enjoy subscription-free TV with 150+ channels
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
Smart TV features:
- built-in Bixby and Amazon Alexa voice control assistants
- TV is also compatible with Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- TV-to-mobile and mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring
- Multi View lets you mirror the phone on the TV while streaming other content simultaneously
- SmartThings hub functionality allows you to connect and control SmartThings-compatible devices
- Game Motion Plus optimizes settings for smooth game play
- all HDMI inputs support 4K/120Hz
- supports variable refresh rate via FreeSync™ Premium Pro and ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)
- Super Ultrawide GameView lets you adjust the aspect ratio from 21:9 to 32:9 and move the screen position to eye level for compatible PC games, optimizing your playing experience
- Game Bar 3.0 on-screen menu lets you double check your input lag and make adjustments to your fps (frames per second), HDR, wireless headset settings, etc.
- 4 HDMI 2.1 inputs
- to view 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- HDMI 3 input supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)/eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 2 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- built-in 2.2-channel speaker system (40 watts total power)
- Object Tracking Sound Lite helps locate sounds where they appear on-screen
- Active Voice Amplifier analyzes ambient room noise and enhances voices for clear dialogue
- works with select Samsung sound bars to create a fuller soundstage
- SolarCell Remote can be charged using your home's lighting or USB
- mic button activates voice assistant
- Ambient Mode+ helps the TV blend into your room when it's wall-mounted, or shows screen savers featuring photos, artwork, or info like weather
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield):
- with stand: 57"W x 35-1/8"H x 11-1/4"D
- without stand: 57"W x 32-5/8"H x 2-1/8"D
- stand footprint: 15-1/2"W x 11-1/4"D
- weight: 57.5 lbs. with stand; 50.5 lbs. without stand
- wall-mountable (bracket sold separately)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 400mm x 300mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # QN65Q80CAFXZA
What's in the box:
Samsung QN65Q80C owner's manual
- 65" LED-LCD TV
- Pedestal base
- Pedestal neck (rear-cover pre-installed)
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (BN59-01432A)
- Four M4x14mm screws
- User Manual
- Unpacking and Installation Guide
- Smart Remote Instructions
- Important Safety Precautions
- Warranty Information
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Samsung QN65Q80C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Samsung QN65Q80C
Features & specs
QLED TV: Samsung's QLED TV utilizes Quantum Dots along with Samsung's Quantum Processor 4K to produce an immerse viewing experience with a wide range of color, exceptional contrast, and accurate detail. Quantum Dots are nano-sized, cadmium-free, finely tuned particles that turn light into the brilliant billion plus colors you experience on QLED TVs. Quantum dots are inorganic particles that resist wear out, so you can enjoy superb picture quality for years. As some TVs age, you may see that colors are less vibrant. QLED TVs are built to last and provide a vibrant picture even after long periods of time. Samsung's metal alloy quantum dot pixels feature inorganic materials that are engineered for durability and resistance to fading.
- Direct Full Array with Supreme UHD Dimming: The Samsung QLED TV employs a Direct Full Array Backlight System with Supreme UHD Dimming to reveal exceptional detail, enhanced depth, and dynamic contrast. Unlike edge-lit TVs where the LEDs are positioned along the edges of the screen, this Samsung QLED TV positions numerous LEDs directly behind the screen that are spread across the back of the television for more consistent brightness and contrast. Supreme UHD Dimming consists of a large number of precisely controlled zones across the entire LCD panel that adjusts the brightness of each zone to deliver deep, rich blacks and crisp, bright whites. LEDs behind the darkest area of the picture are dimmed for greater contrast and darker blacks, while the brighter elements remain as bright as they should be for sharper contrast. The TV's Direct Full Array 8X Backlight System in combination with SupremeUHD Dimming produces deeper, darker, and richer images that make what you're watching on screen virtually come to life.
- 100% Color Volume: Samsung QLED TV delivers 100% color volume with over a billion shades of color (powered by Quantum Dots). QLED TVs with 100% Color Volume deliver a brilliant visual experience by providing a rejuvenating effect for colors that may appear dull or faded in challenging content. QLED televisions can produce 100% color volume in the DCI-P3 color space, the format for most cinema screen and HDR movies for television. By definition, Color Volume is an index of how well colors are reproduced in richness and accuracy at different brightness. With higher color volume, you get a wider, more diverse range of color that feels rejuvenated at higher brightness levels.
- Wide Viewing Angle with Depth Enhancer: QLED technology offers a wide-viewing angle and lets you see the full picture with brilliant color from almost anywhere in the room. You also get to experience depth and dimension on your screen just like you do in real life. Real Depth Enhancer mirrors how the human eye processes depth by increasing foreground contrast making your content feel more life-like than ever.
Neural Quantum Processor 4K: Samsung's Neural Quantum Processor 4K utilizes advanced AI based deep-learning analysis to analyze the signal, source, and scene-by-scene content to deliver an incredible 4K optimized experience. By using up to 20 different series of data-driven algorithm models, each trained in AI upscaling and deep learning technology, the Neural Quantum Processor can optimize standard definition and high definition picture quality to 4K. Whatever you watch on the QLED TV, Samsung's powerful Neural Quantum Processor 4K knows how to make it better through 4K AI upscaling.
- The Samsung QLED TV has a display resolution of 3840 x 2160 (4K) and will display all video at that resolution, regardless of input signal, thanks to 4K AI upscaling.
- 4K AI Upscaling delivers the complete Ultra-HD picture experience with a proprietary process including signal analysis, noise reduction, UHD upscaling, and detail enhancement to seamlessly upconvert SD, HD, or Full-HD content to Ultra-HD level picture quality.
Note: This TV complies with the CTA 4K Ultra High-Definition Connected definition requirements. The trade organization known as the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is considered an industry authority on engineering standards for consumer electronics in the United States. Visit www.cta.tech for more information.
Quantum HDR+: The Samsung QLED TV features the ability to provide a premium High Dynamic Range (HDR) experience, with a higher level of contrast between light and dark images. HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. Quantum HDR+combines Samsung's QLED and HDR10+ technology to give you a much wider range of brightness and contrast, bringing all the picture nuances to life. As a result, you'll see extended shades of colors that really "pop", with greater dynamic range, improved contrasting detail, and darker scene highlights that come alive in stunning HDR - just as the director intended. You'll enjoy a beautiful picture, whether you're watching in a room drenched with light or with no light at all.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HDR10+: Samsung Electronics and Amazon Prime Video announced the entire Prime Video HDR library is now available in HDR10+, a new open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions. Prime Video is the first streaming service provider to deliver HDR10+ content to its users. The HDR10+ technology on Prime Video incorporates dynamic metadata that allows the Samsung QLED TV to adjust brightness levels on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis. By applying individualized tone mapping to each scene, HDR10+ delivers an incredible viewing experience. The picture quality offers an enhanced visual experience with more detailed expressions, brighter shadow areas and more accurate color renderings that stay true to the creator's original intent.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Note: This TV does not support Dolby Vision.
Four HDMI 2.1 Inputs: The Samsung QLED TV is equipped with four HDMI 2.1 inputs to connect to your Blu-ray player, Satellite/Cable receiver, Game Console, and/or AV receiver. Any HDMI input can also be used to connect a PC to this TV. All HDMI inputs are 4K/120Hz compatible, HDCP 2.2 compliant, and support 4:4:4 color subsampling. Please use a premium high speed HDMI cable with 48 Gbps and above to view 4K/120Hz content.
- Supported Resolutions: Supported video resolutions for all HDMI inputs include 4096x2160p, 3840x2160p, 1920x1080 (i/p), 720p, and 480 (i/p). The HDMI inputs' "Input Signal Plus" setting should be turned on if you will be watching 4K sources.
- HDCP 2.2 Compliant: HDCP 2.2 compliance on all HDMI inputs makes the TV fully compatible with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission from Ultra-HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite//Cable providers.
- Color Subsampling: With up to 4:4:4 (8-bit; 120Hz) or 4:4:4 (10-bit; 50/60/120Hz) color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. 4:2:2 (8/10-bit; 50/60/120Hz) and 4:2:0 (8/10-bit; 50/60/120Hz) are also supported.
Note: The TV does not contain composite or component analog video inputs.
Motion Xcelerator Turbo+: Samsung's Motion Xcelerator Turbo+ technology delivers smooth, fluid motion at up 4K/120Hz. You'll never miss a thing with minimized blur and enhanced motion clarity, plus catch all the fast-moving action whether you're watching sports or taking advantage of newer Next-Gen gaming capabilities. The TV also offers manual Auto Motion Plus adjustments.
- LED Clear Motion: Enable LED Clear Motion to sharpen fast moving images. When fast moving objects are recognized, the TV's backlight behind the objects are adjusted accordingly.
- Blur Reductions: Manually reduce screen blur to optimize for fast-moving images, such as sports content.
- Judder Reduction: Manually adjust the TV's Judder Reduction to smooth out uneven and jumpy visually processing that can sometimes be caused by fast motion video.
Note: Use a 48Gbps ultra high-speed HDMI cable for 4K/120Hz.
Gaming Mode: You can enable Game Mode to optimize the TV's settings for playing video games with a gaming console. Game Mode bypasses and disables some of the TV's video processing to allow for faster video gaming response time. In accordance with the HGiG (HDR Gaming Interest Group) standard, the TV sets the optimal image quality for HDR games according to the brightness information of the contents. You can also enable the Game Motion Plus option, which adds back in a little motion processing for smoother video motion while gaming (the video lag will be a little slower than the standard Game Mode).
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode): ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) automatically detects gameplay so you can enjoy faster, smoother gaming with dramatically less lag and virtually no motion blur or judder.
- VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) with FreeSync Premium Pro: The QLED TV supports VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) with AMD FreeSync Premium Pro Technology to enable a true HDR console and PC gaming experience with a a combination of smooth tear- and stutter-free gaming at peak performance with stunning HDR visual fidelity and low latency (up to 4K/120Hz with <5.8ms). This feature is turned on automatically when the selected source is identified as a game console, like Xbox One X or Xbox One S, but must be turned on manually if the selected source is identified as PC. FreeSync will only function if it is supported by the connected device.
Super Ultra-wide GameView & Game Bar: You'll be able to expand your view with multiple aspect ratios from 21:9 to 32:9 with Super Ultrawide GameView. You can also quickly optimize game settings with an on-screen menu that lets you check input lag, FPS, HDR, wireless headset settings and more through an easy-to-access game bar.
- Dynamic Black Equalizer: The Dynamic Black Equalizer helps you easily detect items or hidden enemies lurking in dark corners of your games by improving visibility and object details in dark scenes without washing out colors and contrast in brighter scenes.
Note: Use a 48Gbps ultra high-speed HDMI cable for optimum gaming performance.
Adaptive Light Technology: Adaptive Light technology leverages the Neo Quantum Processor to analyze lines, shapes and surfaces to control the shape of light from the Quantum Mini LEDs, enhancing the brightness and accuracy of all shapes on the screen. The result is outstanding image quality that puts full HDR content on display. You can choose between an Adaptive Picture or EyeComfort mode.
- Adaptive Picture: The QLED TV adapts the picture brightness in real-time. It automatically adjusts the backlight brig tness of the screen by detecting the ambient light level using ambient light sensors. Whether in a sunlit living room or a darkened den, Adaptive Picture adjusts the TV to the lighting conditions around it for an amazing picture - wherever you are watching.
- EyeComfort Mode: EyeComfort mode automatically adjusts the screen's brightness and tone based on a built-in light sensor and sunset/sunrise information. As the ambient light changes, the screen will gradually reduce the amount of light and offer warmer tones, adjusting the blue light levels accordingly. This allows for a more comfortable viewing experience at night by reducing the blue light which may affect one's sleep quality.
Picture Controls: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture. The TV's picture adjustments can be made for a particular AV input or for all inputs. There is also a Smart Calibration feature for white balance.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes - 16:9 (16:9 widescreen format), 4:3 (4:3 standard format), or Custom (magnifies or shrinks 16:9 pictures vertically and/or horizontally). 4:3 cannot be select for Ultra HD 4K video and images.
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments to the picture. Select from Dynamic (increases the brightness of the screen), Standard (suitable for a normal environment), Movie (darkens the screen and reduces glare), or Filmmaker (reserves the director’s creative intent and provides a cinematic experience).
- Manual Picture Settings: The TV has several options for manually adjusting the picture quality. Manually adjust Backlight (adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight), Contrast (increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture), Brightness (adjusts the brightness level of the picture) Sharpness (sharpens or dulls the edges of objects), Color (adjusts the color saturation of the picture), and Tint (adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture).
- Expert Settings: The TV also offers more advanced picture adjustments for expert fine tuning. Fine tune the
- Contrast Enhancer: automatically balances the contrast to prevent excessive differences between bright and dark areas
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using Cool/Normal/Warm 1/Warm 2 presets
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors)
- RGB: displays the Red/Green/Blue color for making fine adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red/green/blue intensity)
- Shadow Detail: adjusts the brightness of dark images to increase detail in blacks
- HDMI Black Levels: adjusts the black level to compensate for low black levels, low contrast, or dull colors generated by external devices connected to the TV via an HDMI cable; this function is only available when the input signal connected to the TV via an HDMI connector is set to RGB 4:4:4
- Noise Reduction: reduce picture noise to avoid distractions such as flickering
- Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals and adjust the picture for optimum quality. This feature is only available for the built-in HDTV tuner and the TV's HDMI inputs (1080i only).
- Smart Calibration (White Balance Only): The Samsung QLED TV supports Basic smart calibration through Smart Calibration within the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). Using Smart Calibration's Basic mode and your compatible smartphone (released after January 2019), you are able to automatically calibrate and adjust the TV screen's white balance to render neutral tones correctly. White balance calibration takes approximately 30 seconds to complete. *This model Samsung TV is only compatible with the Smart Calibration's Basic mode; not compatible with Professional mode that also offers adjustment for grayscale, gamma, and chromaticity.
- Perceptional Color Mapping: The TV's built-in SeeColors app examines the different degrees of color blindness and categorizes them into 10 personalized types, which boasts a 90% or higher accuracy. Based on the user information analyzed by the SeeColors application, the TV adjusts the colors on the screen. Colors that an individual find harder to distinguish are expressed with more intensity so that a person with color blindness can watch TV and see diverse colors just like how a person with normal perception of color would experience.
Built-in HDTV Tuner: The TV features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): The Enhanced Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 3 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. eARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, or HDMI inputs connected device to be heard through your eARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI eARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, USB ports, and Samsung TV apps can pass as Dolby Atmos (via Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- DLNA compliant and wireless mirroring devices will only output audio at 2ch PCM only.
- DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: Your AV receiver or soundbar will also have to support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) to accommodate the playback of these high resolution audio formats. If your AV receiver or soundbar only supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), audio playback will be limited to Dolby Digital or 5.1ch/2ch PCM.
Optical Digital Output: The TV's optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2ch PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, or USB ports. When the TV's optical digital output is selected, the TV's speakers are muted. DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: This TV does not contain any analog audio outputs.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Samsung QLED TV is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 5.2 for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) with Bluetooth-enabled headphones, speakers, and source devices. The TV can act as a Bluetooth transmitter in order to wirelessly stream audio to a set of BT-enabled headphones or speaker; as well as act as a Bluetooth receiver in order to wirelessly receive audio from a BT-enabled source device. The TV has a wireless Bluetooth range of about 33'.
- Transmitter Mode: In Transmitter mode, you can wirelessly connect a single set of Bluetooth headphones, a stereo pair of Bluetooth speakers, or a single Bluetooth speaker with the Samsung TV. You are able to stream audio from any of the TV's built-in sources or connected sources (except Bluetooth) to your BT-enabled headphones or speakers. You can choose to have the TV speakers play at the same time as your Bluetooth headphones or speaker, or you can turn the TV speakers completely off. The TV's audio outputs and HDMI eARC will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. The volume of the Bluetooth headphones or speaker will be controlled via the headphones or speaker, and not the TV.
- Receiver Mode with Music Wall: In Receiver mode, you can stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer to the the Samsung QLED TV. While listening to audio from your Bluetooth source device, visual video effects that change according to the genre and beat of the music will be displayed on the TV screen (known as Music Wall); or you can activate Ambient mode's built-in artwork (you cannot watch TV or video, while listening to Bluetooth). Audio will be played back through the TV's built-in speakers, or through your connected speaker system via the TV's HDMI eARC jack or optical digital output. While in Receiver mode, the audio cannot be played back through a headphone or speaker connected to the TV via Bluetooth. You can control basic music playback functions such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Tack from the remote, as well as view song/artist/album information on the TV (no album art).
Note: You cannot use the Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver modes simultaneously; you must use only one mode at a time.
Intelligent Sound: The Samsung QLED TV intelligently recognizes and analyzes your room and content, while also analyzing your usage history to provide the best audio experience. The Intelligent Sound feature is only available when the TV's built-in speakers are being used (not available for the HDMI eARC, Optical Digital, Bluetooth, or WiFi). Intelligent Sound is also not compatible in Ambient or Game mode.
- Active Voice Amplifier: Background noise from your home can disrupt your viewing experience. Samsung's Active Voice Amplifier analyzes your room's ambient noise in real-time using the TV's built-in sensor and enhances the voices in the scene so you can hear the dialog loud and clear.
- Adaptive Sound+: Adaptive Sound+ provides optimized sound quality by analyzing the viewing space and the acoustic components of the content. It can optimize the sound based on where the TV is installed using the TV's built-in audio sensor.
- Adaptive Volume: Adaptive Volume automatically adjusts the TV's speakers to a specific volume level while you are watching a program. The TV analyzes your volume usage history by time period to automatically adjust the volume when you use an app or switch to an external input source.
Immersive Sound: Utilizing unique sound technologies (such as OTS Lite and Q-Symphony), plus a selection of Sound Modes (Standard, Adaptive & Amplify), the QLED TV is able to create a more immersive sound experience.
- Sound Modes: The Adaptive Sound mode provides optimized sound quality by analyzing the acoustic components (dialog, music and special effects) of the audio content scene-to-scene. The Amplify Sound mode enhances midrange and high frequency sounds, which is useful when voices are difficult to hear. The Standard Sound mode provides a balanced sound where no tones are over emphasized.
- Object Tracking Sound Lite (OTS Lite): Object Tracking Sound (OTS) technology delivers a sound experience perfectly aligned with the picture. It lets you hear the action in every scene with audio that tracks every motion on the screen. Immerse yourself in virtual 3D surround sound and experience vividly realistic three-dimensional sound that pulls you in closer with audio that tracks motion in every scene, putting you in the middle of the action.
- Q-Symphony: Surround yourself with synchronized sound from the Samsung TV and a Samsung soundbar (sold separately), orchestrated in complete harmony with Q-Symphony. Q-Symphony creates a more dynamic listening experience by pairing the TV speakers with the audio of select Samsung soundbars. By utilizing both of these audio channels, Q-Symphony delivers a fuller, more dynamic sound experience. Q-Symphony is available only with select Samsung Q-Series and S-Series soundbars; check for Q-Symphony compatibility on Samsung soundbar product specifications.
Other Audio Settings: The Samsung QLED TV also offers a variety of audio adjustments to help you meet your listening needs.
- Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the TV's built-in 7-band EQ (100, 200, 500, 1k, 2k, 5k, & 10k Hz) for a more customized sound.
- Auto Volume: The Auto Volume feature equalizes the sound automatically so that the volume level remains the same when you change between channels and sources.
- Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching TV or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung QLED TV so that it can access your home network and select online entertainment apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi); it also supports WiFi Direct.
- Wired Ethernet: The TV's contains an RJ-45 Ethernet jack on its back-panel for a wired network connection. You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually.
- WiFi 802.11ac: The TV is IEEE 802.11ac WiFi certified for a wireless network connection. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Automatic, Manual, WPS (PBC), or WPS (PIN). The TV's built-in WiFi supports WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), or WPA2-PSK network security. The TV should be positioned within 50' of the wireless router, modem, or access point.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung QLED TV without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
Note: Samsung recommends a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better and a home network connection speed of at least 10Mbps for standard and high-definition streaming or 25Mbps for 4K streaming.
Samsung Smart TV Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung TV to your home network, you gain access to Samsung's TV Apps. Samsung's TV Apps let you download online applications and services to the Samsung QLED TV. Samsung TV Apps has a growing collection of online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications - such as movies, TV shows, music, news, sports, and games (subscriptions and purchase fees will apply).
- Movies & TV Shows: Watch online movie & TV show providers from Amazon Video, HBO Max Netflix, Disney+, FandangoNow, Google Play Movies & TV, Paramount+, ShowTime, Vudu, and more. You'll also be able to watch live TV broadcasts from Hulu+Live, Sling TV and YouTubeTV.
- For The Kids: Get access to PBS Kids, Disney Now, and YouTube Kids for your children and the young at heart.
- Music & Radio: You can listen to online music and internet radio from Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, and more.
- Gaming Hub: The Samsung Gaming Hub helps you discover and play online games faster through select game streaming services. You will have access to an extensive library of games through Samsung's partnerships with industry leaders such as NVIDIA GeForce Now and Utomik. USB-enabled or Bluetooth-enabled gamepad is required and sold separately.
- News & Sports: Enjoy news & sports from CBS News, Newsy, ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, and more.
- 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 25Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router (or better) for 4K & HDR streaming. Make sure the Samsung television has the latest software/firmware updates installed.
Samsung Curated Content: Samsung offers special curated online content for Entertainment & Fitness.
- Samsung TV Plus: With Samsung TV Plus, you can watch over 150+ live channels covering top news, sports, entertainment, and more. It’s 100% free and doesn't require any downloads or additional devices. Local channels not available. Available content may vary by region and is subsequent to change without notice.
- Samsung Health: Get the whole household moving with Samsung Health, Enjoy fitness content from wellness partners and build healthy habits with routines and more. Set and meet your fitness goals with on-screen data tracking for your completed workouts, total exercise time, calories burned and more - all of which can sync with a compatible wearable Samsung watch or device. Master your wellness routine with content from fitness partners and daily stats from the Samsung Health app. Some Samsung Health content and services may require additional payment.
Built-In Apple TV: The Samsung TV features built-in Apple TV with support for Apple Movies & TV Shows. With the new Apple TV app on the Samsung TV, you'll be able to access your existing Apple music library and browse the Apple Store to buy or rent from a selection of hundreds of thousands of movies and TV episodes (including the largest selection of 4K/HDR movies). The Apple TV app will work seamlessly with Samsung's Smart TV Services - such as Universal Guide, Keyword Search, and Bixby - to create a consistent experience across the Samsung user interface.
Note: Apple TV is not compatible with Alexa or Google Assistant voice control.
Mobile Device Mirroring: You are able to wirelessly mirror video and photo content from your compatible mobile device on the Samsung TV. Smart View for Samsung Android devices and AirPlay 2 for Apple iOS devices are the supported mirroring applications. During wireless mirroring, you can also use the Multi View feature that allows you to mirror the screen of your Samsung Android device or Apple iOS device alongside the TV's content at the same time, so you can watch them side-by-side. Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to same wireless network as the Samsung TV during wireless mirroring.
- Smart View (for Android): You are able to mirror content from your Samsung Android smartphone with Smart View built-in on the Samsung QLED TV. You'll be able to mirror photos, videos, music, online apps and more on the big screen. With Tap View (for Samsung Galaxy devices with Android OS 8.1 and higher) You can even mirror your phone on your TV in seconds with just a tap.
- AirPlay 2 (for Apple iOS): With support for AirPlay 2, you will be able to wirelessly stream content (including videos, photos, music, podcasts, and more) directly from your Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.4 and newer) or Mac computer (OS X 10.13.2 and newer) to the Samsung TV's big screen - all without the need for an Apple TV or additional wired connection.
Work & Learn From Home Support: With more folks working and learning from home, you can turn the Samsung TV into a wireless monitor for your Windows PC, Mac computer, or Samsung Android smartphone. You can also connect a USB or Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (sold separately), as well as a USB-enabled camera (sold separately) to make the job easier. With a USB-enabled camera you are even able to use the Samsung TV to make video calls.
- PC On TV: You can wirelessly share the screen of your laptop or desktop on the Samsung TV using AirPlay 2 for Mac (OS X) and the Easy Connection PC app for Windows (8-up). The Samsung TV also provides Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) for remotely connecting to a Windows PC (10 Professional or later) and Virtual Network Computing (VNC) for a Mac computer (OS 10.5 or later) by simply following the TV's on-screen setup menu and entering a valid IP address or profile. You can even directly access MS Office 365 through the TV’s web browser to create and edit documents.
- Wireless Samsung DeX: Wireless screen mirroring for your mobile device is useful in some circumstances, but Wireless Samsung DeX gives you a much different, completely optimized desktop computing experience for productivity work on a larger screen. Wireless Samsung DeX is a great way to share content or present slides from your compatible Samsung Android smartphone (including the Galaxy S21 and Note20 Series), harnessing its power to capture a bigger picture. It doesn't just put your phone's screen on a larger display; you can view multiple apps, resize windows, access keyboard shortcuts and use right mouse button functionality. You also have the option of pairing a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to work more seamlessly. You can even see your phone's incoming notifications and calls within Wireless Samsung DeX without having to stop what you’re doing to glance at your phone.
- Video Call Application: With a USB-enabled camera connected to the television, you are able to make video calls with up to 32 people from the Google Duo app on the Samsung TV. For work, family, or friends, the Google Duo app for Samsung TV lets you take calls from on the big screen from the comfort of your home with high quality picture and sound (USB-enabled camera is required and sold separately).
Content Share: You can play media content saved on your computer (via DLNA), thumbdrive or hard disk drive (via USB), and the cloud (via Samsung Cloud) through the Samsung QLED TV.
- DLNA Certified: The Samsung QLED TV is DLNA certified, allowing you to watch videos and photos, as well as listen to music saved on your Windows 7/8/10 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless).
- USB 2.0 Ports: The television is equipped with two USB-A 2.0 ports; there is one USB 5V/0.5A port for connecting a USB thumbdrive and one USB 5V/1A port for connecting a HDD (hard disk drive). An external HDD may require its own AC power adapter. Both USB 2.0 ports let you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB device. Files must be formatted in FAT, exFAT, or NTFS. The TV can recognize up to 1,000 files per folder.
- Gallery App (Samsung Cloud): The built-in Gallery App lets you view photos and videos synchronized with the Samsung Cloud. You can enjoy various content synchronized with a mobile device that supports the Samsung cloud. The available content types are photos, videos, stories, and other content shared through your groups.
Note: Compatible video file formats include AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, and MOV. Compatible photo file formats include JPEG, PNG, BMP, and MPO. Compatible audio file formats include MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, and OGG.
SmartThings Compatible: From the Samsung TV's on-screen dashboard, you can monitor, configure, and control smart devices you connected to the SmartThings service via the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) installed on your compatible smartphone or tablet device. You'll receive notifications about the statuses of your smart devices on the QLED TV's screen. You'll also be able to create custom modes to easily control multiple smart devices with a single command from the TV. Control of your SmartThings devices can be done from the included remote with Bixby or your mobile device running the SmartThings app.
- SmartThings & Samsung Devices: With SmartThings hub functionality, the Samsung allows you to connect and control SmartThings compatible devices - including a Multipurpose Sensor, a Motion Sensor, a Arrival Sensor, a Water Leak Sensor, and a Smart Outlet (all sold separately - see Accessories Tab). It is also compatible with a number of Samsung appliances - including refrigerators and washers/dryer machines.
Internet of Things (IoT): In addition to being compatible with SmartThings and other Samsung network-enabled products, Samsung Connect Home is compatible with a number of third-party network devices that support Internet of Things (IoT) through Z-Wave, zigbee, LAN, or Cloud-to-Cloud; including locks (from Kwikset & Schlage), thermostats (from Honeywell), cameras (such as Netgear Arlo), light bulbs (such as Philips Hue), and more.
Full Web Browser: You can surf the Internet on the TV as you would on a PC. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can scroll web pages with the directional pad on the included remote. For a more convenient web browsing experience, connect a USB- or Bluetooth-enabled keyboard and mouse (sold separately) to the TV.
SolarCell Smart Remote: The QLED TV comes with Samsung's new SolarCell Smart Remote. that wirelessly connects to the TV via Bluetooth LTE. It has a built-in farfield microphone for voice control (using Bixby or Alexa); plus offers dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and Samsung TV Plus. The SolarCell Smart Remote features a rechargeable battery that can be solar-charged.
- Bluetooth Pairing: When you turn on the TV for the first time, the SolarCell Smart Remote pairs to the TV automatically. If the Smart Remote does not pair to the TV automatically, stand within 2' of the TV and point the Smart Remote at the remote control sensor of the TV, then press and hold the "Back/Return" and "Play/Pause" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds or more. The remote has a wireless operating range of approximately 20' and does not require direct line of sight.
- Rechargeable Battery: The built-in battery can be solar-charged through the solar-panel on the back of remote via indoor or outdoor lighting. The remote also features a USB-C port, so you can charge the battery using a USB-C cable and USB/AC power adapter (both sold separately). The battery is non-replaceable.
Note: USB-C charging cable and USB/AC power adapter are not included.
Multiple Voice Assistants with Wakeup Word: Using the Samsung One Smart Remote's built-in microphone and Bixby or Alexa voice recognition, your voice is all you need to control the TV and your SmartThings compatible devices. Because the One Smart Remote communicates with the TV through a wireless Bluetooth communication, you don't even have to point the remote directly at the TV. Bixby or Alexa can be activated by pressing and holding the "mic" button on the remote or by simply saying "Hi Bixby" or "Alexa" into the remote's Far Field microphone. The TV's on-screen setup menu lets you choose which voice control service (Bixby or Alexa ) you want to use and provides a brief tutorial. Bixby and Alexa are only available when the TV is connected to the Internet. Bixby will require an active Samsung account user log-in, while Alexa requires an active Amazon account user log-in.
- TV Control: Use the remote's built-in microphone and Bixby or Alexa to turn on/off the Samsung television, adjust menu settings, change channels or inputs, adjust the volume, and even launch your favorite online music or movie apps.
- SmartThings Control: Using the remote's built-in microphone with Bixby or Alexa and the TV's on-screen dashboard, you'll be able control your connected SmartThings and IoT devices. It will know all your connected devices, so all you have to do is say a command.
Questions & Answers: You can also use the One Smart Remote to ask Bixby or Alexa questions about the weather, traffic, news, sports, etc.
- The Samsung TV also supports voice control using a Google Assistant speaker or device (sold separately). However, Google Assistant cannot be accessed from the TV remote's built-in microphone.
Universal Remote Control Function: You can control external devices connected to the TV via HDMI using the Smart Remote via HDMI-CEC, Samsung's Anynet+, and Auto Source Recognition.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): You can use the TV's One Smart Remote to control external devices that are connected to the TV by an HDMI cable and that support Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control up to 12 compliant external devices (up to 3 of the same type) except for home theaters; Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control only one home theater system.
- Auto Source Recognition: The TV uses Auto Source Recognition technology to automatically detect what kind of devices are plugged in via HDMI; then the One Smart Remote makes it simple to control these detected devices through the TV via HDMI-CEC. Auto Source Recognition and controlling function may not be supported by certain devices connected to the TV. To use the Auto Source Recognition feature, all HDMI-connected devices must also be on the same network and Internet connection is required.
Note: The remote control does not support IR commands. However, the TV does have an IR receiver and will support universal remote controls (sold separately).
SmartThings App: Use the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 13.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) to turn your compatible smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the Samsung QLED TV. Use the SmartThings app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to quickly and easily connect to the TV and control its main settings from your smartphone or tablet. Within the SmartThings apps is Smart Calibration, which allows you to calibration the TV's picture from your compatible smartphone device. In addition, you can remotely check and control the statuses of various devices such as Samsung smart devices, home appliances, and speakers registered to the server. Through the SmartThings app, you can even use Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy S8 series or higher mobile device to operate the TV via voice commands (not compatible with Apple iOS or older Android devices).
Remote Access: The new Remote Access feature on the Samsung QLED TVs provide you wireless, on-screen control over connected peripheral devices, enabling convenient web browsing, cloud office access and more. Remote Access allows you to directly control your devices connected to the TV with a keyboard and mouse in addition to simply displaying the content on a larger screen. With Remote Access, input devices, including keyboards, can be connected to the Samsung Smart TV, making it easier for you to control your on-screen content. Without a separate HDMI cable connection, you can remotely access a PC in your room through the TV in your living room to perform various tasks including surfing the web or playing games from the TV's screen using a connected keyboard and mouse. Additionally, web browser-based cloud office service can be accessed through Remote Access, so you can now access files and work on documents from the TV.
Note: To address security concerns surrounding wireless connectivity and cloud services, Samsung has integrated its proprietary Knox security technology into its Remote Access features. Knox is supported with regular firmware updates for continuous protection. Knox has been certified by Common Criteria for its security performance and is the only security solution in the TV industry to receive this certification.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung QLED TV will support a USB or Bluetooth enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately), which makes web browsing a lot easier.
Serial Port (EX Link): You can connect the 3.5mm serial port to an external control device (such as a computer or A/V control system) to control the TV's functions externally.
Smart Hub via Tizen: The TV's Smart Hub via Tizen offers easy navigation and quickly access to off-air and online content, as well as menu settings (many of these features can be done while still watching a program). The Smart Hub offers convenient access to content by displaying your favorite and most used TV applications, as well as recommendations for even more entertainment options. Samsung's Smart Hub offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the TV's tuner and network apps.
- Universal Guide & Keyword Search: The TV's Universal Guide provides a list of curated content from broadcast and streaming channels, personalized just for you - so you can easily find your favorite content, all in one place. You can also type in a keyword to search for TV shows & movies across platforms, like over-the-air broadcasts and available online providers.
- Smart TV Apps: From the TV's Home Screen, you can easily select the apps that have been used previously or frequently. Many of the apps can also be moved or deleted from the screen. You are also able to easily view, navigate and select between a variety of App categories.
- Channel Guide & Favorite Channels: In the Channel Guide, you can see the daily program schedules for each off-air broadcaster and Samsung TV Plus channels, see program information, choose a program to watch, and set up a schedule viewing. You can even designate frequently watched off-air stations as Favorites (up to 5).
- Watch Together: The Smart Hub now allows you to video chat with friends and family while watching your favorite shows and movies, bringing everyone closer together. Video chat requires an external USB-enable camera (sold separately).
- Notifications & Reminders: Set notifications & reminders to display on screen. You'll get a pop up message on the corner of your TV screen when there is a notification or reminder.
Smart Connectivity & Control: The Samsung TV offers Smart Connectivity making connection & control of all your wired and wireless devices simple and less time consuming.
- Connection Guide: The TV's on-screen Connection Guide lets you view detailed information about external devices that can be connected to the televisions. It shows you how to connect various external devices such as cable boxes/satellite receivers, Blu-ray players, game consoles, computers, smartphones, smarthome, and more using on-screen images. You can also change the input name of a connected external device or add it to the Home Screen for easier access.
- SmartThings Dashboard: Use the SmartThings Dashboard to control connected smarthome devices from the TV. With the SmartThings Dashboard, you can monitor and control all of your SmartThings devices for a totally connected home. The same smarthome devices you've added to the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) on your mobile device will appear on the TV screen. You can add, view, monitor, and control them right from the TV. Simply use the TV's remote to select a device to check its status or perform an action. For example, you can turn connected lights on or off. You can even run scenes if you have them set up.
Ambient Mode+: Ambient Mode+ helps the Samsung QLED TV blend with your home decor. Instead of a simple black screen, you can choose for TV to display meaningful images that match your lifestyle and room, with easy settings and plenty of choices from the TV's on-screen menu and SmartThings app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). You can even have the TV automatically adjust the brightness level and turn off after a set time when in Ambient Mode+.
- Decor: Set the screen with a background and colors that matches your room decor perfectly.
- Info: You can display information on the TV screen like the time and date or weather and news updates with a beautiful background.
- Photo: Display your favorite photos from your mobile device using the SmartThings app. Photos stored on your Apple iOS or Android device are imported to the TV using the SmartThings app. You can even use various filters to transform your photos into beautiful works of art right before your eyes.
- Artworks: Lovers of art will also enjoy beautiful pieces from well-known photographers and artists, all grouped on a variety of themes.
- Lighting: Special lighting for special occasions. Select from a variety of options, like neon, and have some fun with your space.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The Samsung QLED TV offers Closed Captions and Voice Guides for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guides that describe the menu options aloud to aid the visually impaired.
ECO Settings: The Samsung QLED TV provides ECO settings to reduce the television's power consumption and cut-down on energy costs.
- Brightness Optimization: You can set the TV to automatically adjust the picture brightness based on the ambient light level in the room. This feature optimizes the viewing experience while also saving you energy.
- Brightness Reduction: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low, or Picture Off (sound remains on).
- Motion Lighting: This feature adjusts the TV's brightness in response to on-screen movements to reduce power consumption.
- Auto Power Off: Automatically turns off the TV to reduce unnecessary power consumption if there is no operation for the length of time you specify (up to 4 hours).
Security Settings: The Samsung QLED TV offers security features for TV programming, apps, and the Internet.
- Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV program based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
- App Lock: You can also block specific apps from being accessed by your children. These blocked apps can only be accessed by entering the same 4-digit PIN used for TV programs.
- Smart Security: When any device is connected to the Internet, it is vulnerable to hacks and malicious code. Samsung Smart Security protects the TV and storage media connected to the TV from such threats, when the television is connected to the Internet.
Timers: You can set Off Timer to shut off the TV automatically at a specific time; the Off Timer is only available if the Clock has been set. The Sleep Timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The Sleep Timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minute.
Remote Support + Self Diagnosis: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your TV, adjust the TV settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates. Your TV must be connected to your homes wired or wireless network. The Samsung QLED TV also provides a Self Diagnosis menu which allows you to check the television for picture, sound, and signal problems.
- The television only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the TV and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the TV's many features.
Auto Updates: If the television is connected to the Internet, you can have the TV update its software automatically while you are watching it. When the background update is completed, it is applied the next time the TV is turned on. Updates can also be done via USB. Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware & Software updates.
- Do not turn off the TV's power until the update is complete. The TV will turn off and on automatically after completing the software update. Video and audio settings will be reset to their defaults after a software update.
Pedestal Base: The Samsung QLED TV sits on a flat tabletop surface using the included pedestal base. The TV ships with the pedestal base unattached (requires assembly). The TV does not swivel. The television weighs 57.5 lbs with the pedestal base.
Wall Mounting: The TV has four M8 (8mm) threaded inserts on the rear-panel for use with an optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The spacing of the threaded inserts is 400mm (h) x 300mm (v). The television weighs 50.5 lbs without the pedestal base.
Note: Additional hardware (available from most local hardware stores) may be needed for some wall-mount brackets and applications.
Ventilation Clearance: When mounting the TV on the stand or a wall (with optional bracket) leave 4" of clearance on each side of the television and 4" above/below the television for adequate ventilation.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung QLED TV comes with a 5' detachable AC power cord that plugs into the back of the television. The AC power cord is fitted with a right-angle AC plug that plugs into an AC wall outlet or surge protector/line conditioner (sold separately). The AC plug sits 1.0" from the wall.
The Samsung QN65Q80C replaces these items
- Direct Full Array LED backlight with local dimming
- Quantum Processor 4K with 4K AI Upscaling for enhanced picture resolution and detail
- 4 HDMI 2.1 inputs support 4K/120Hz, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), and ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)
Great picture, sound is pretty good as well. Still learning the smart functions, but very happy so far and the picture looks in my opinion, to be similar to the q90 series.
William from Cape Carteret, NC