About the Samsung QN85Q950TS
Gorgeous from edge to edge
Gorgeous from edge to edge
Here it is: Samsung's flagship TV for 2020. It's loaded with cutting-edge technology on the inside, but take a moment to admire the QN85Q950TS's striking bezel-less Infinity Screen design. The screen-to-frame ratio is nearly 99%, so that when you watch from a typical viewing distance of 10-15 feet, the bezel simply disappears — the picture seems to float in air.
And what a picture! Samsung has improved on the performance of last year's 8K models by creating a more sophisticated full array LED backlight. It adds a feature called "power distribution" that directs power from dark areas of the screen to bright areas where it's needed, pumping up highlights by about 20%. You'll see an even punchier picture with deeper blacks.
Upgrade your favorites
The QN85Q950TS also has Samsung's smartest processor ever. So, while it's true that there isn't much 8K content available just yet, with the upscaling capabilities on this set, you really don't need native 8K content to enjoy the picture quality. A built-in database analyzes millions of low- and high-resolution images to create a more realistic picture, and uses machine learning to develop new algorithms. That means even standard-definition and HD video signals look amazing on the Ultra HD 8K display.
One cord, no clutter
With a screen this big and beautiful, the last thing you want is the distraction of visible cables or components — especially if the TV is wall mounted. Samsung makes it easy to achieve a clutter-free look. Instead of connecting your Blu-ray player, cable box, and other video sources directly to the QN85Q950TS, you connect them to the supplied One Connect Box switching hub. A single super-thin cable connects the hub to the TV, providing signals and power, for a clean, tidy look.
A binge-watcher's dream
This TV offers loads of ways to watch your favorite content. The major players are all there, including Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube. It also includes the Apple TV® streaming app, so you can rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, all without connecting a separate device. The QN85Q950TS also supports Apple AirPlay® 2, so you'll be able to stream content wirelessly from your iOS® device or Mac®.
The Multi View feature allows you to split your screen to show your mirrored mobile device on one side and your TV content on the other.
Samsung's slender OneRemote is one of the smartest remotes we've seen. It automatically detects, identifies, and controls your connected devices and content. The OneRemote gives you two ways to activate either of the TV's built-in intelligent voice assistants: Bixby or Alexa. You can either press the "mic" button on the remote, or simply say "Hi Bixby" or "Alexa" within range of the remote's far-field microphone.
The QN85Q950TS is also compatible with Google Home voice assistants (firmware update required).
*Manufacturer's note: Upscales to 8K resolution (7,680H x 4,320V/33.2 megapixels). Supports native 8K content based on current 8K streaming, connectivity, and decoding standards. Future and certain third-party standards not guaranteed or may require additional device/adapter purchase.
- 84.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 8K screen resolution (7680 x 4320 pixels)
- 8K AI Upscaling intelligently remasters content so you can enjoy today's content in stunning 8K detail
- automatically analyzes the input source to reduce image noise, restore lost detail, and define edges around objects and text
- Quantum Processor 8K — Samsung's most powerful video processor delivers stunning picture quality
- Quantum HDR 32X (HDR 10, HDR 10+, HLG) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- Direct Full Array 32X backlight with local dimming for excellent contrast and shadow detail
- Motion Rate 240 blur reduction (120Hz refresh rate)
- Quantum Dot technology provides 100% color volume — full color with full brightness
- 10-bit support enables over a billion shades of color
- Ultra Viewing Angle panel technology reduces glare and enhances color to provide a vibrant picture no matter where you sit
- Real Game Enhancer+ provides extra motion clarity to reduce halo and blur in fast moving game scenes
- variable refresh rate supports AMD FreeSync™ for reduced image tearing and stuttering
Video Source Compatibility:
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 25Mbps, and may require a subscription)
- Apple TV app lets you rent, buy, and watch titles from Apple's video library, and subscribe to Apple TV channels, without connecting a separate device
- NextGen TV ATSC 3.0 tuner can receive over-the-air 4K broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
Smart TV Features:
- built-in Bixby and Alexa intelligent voice assistants
- supports voice control of compatible apps (future firmware update required):
- will work with Google Assistant-compatible voice control assistants
- built-in Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) — latest version maximizes speed and range
- built-in Apple® AirPlay® 2 allows wireless streaming from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac®
- mobile-to-TV wireless mirroring, including Multi View split screen
Connections (on One Connect Box):
- 4 HDMI (three 2.0, one 2.1)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 3 USB 2.0 inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- RS-232C port
- One Connect Box dimensions: 13-3/4"W x 2-5/8"H x 5-7/16"D
- One Invisible Connection™: 16.4-ft. ultra-thin proprietary cable to connect hub to TV (carries signals and power)
- built-in 4.2.2-channel speaker system (70 watts total)
- Active Voice Amplifier can analyze ambient noise and enhance voices accordingly so dialogue is easier to understand
- Object Tracking Sound+ provides more realistic sound effects that track the on-screen action
- works with select Samsung sound bars featuring Q-Symphony technology to create a fuller soundstage
- Bluetooth® wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- the TV's audio outputs will be disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers; you can choose to have the TV's built-in speakers play or not
General Features & Info:
- bezel-less Infinity Screen design with stainless steel finish
- OneRemote with close-up and far-field microphones for voice control
- Ambient Mode+ helps the TV blend into your room when it's wall-mounted, or shows screen savers featuring photos, artwork, or info like weather
- dimensions: 73-3/4"W x 44-1/2"H x 13-7/16"D with stand; 73-3/4"W x 42"H x 5/8"D without stand
- weight: 145.1 lbs. with stand; 118.6 lbs. without stand
- detachable pedestal stand ("footprint" is 15-13/16"W x 13-7/16"D)
- wall-mountable (includes No Gap Wall Mount)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 600mm x 400mm
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # QN85Q950TSFXZA
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung QN85Q950TS
Features & specs