About the Samsung BD-J7500
Ready for your 4K TV
Ready for your 4K TV
With 4K Ultra HD TV prices coming down, enjoying a big, beautiful 4K screen is easier than ever. Samsung's BD-J7500 Blu-ray player makes a perfect pairing with your Samsung 4K TV, thanks to its built-in Ultra HD upscaling for Blu-ray and DVD discs. It means your whole collection of movies titles and TV box sets will look their best on your new 4K TV.
Movies and shows look great in 1080p, too
Don't have a 4K TV yet? The BD-J7500 helps make the most of your current TV. It plays Blu-ray titles in 1080p high-def and offers video upconversion for standard DVDs. You'll maximize the potential of your home theater speakers as well — lossless surround sound formats are supported, including Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD®.
More entertainment online
Use the BD-J7500's built-in Wi-Fi® to connect to your wireless home network, or hook it up to your router with an Ethernet cable. You'll get access to popular streaming video services like Netflix, Hulu®, or Amazon Instant Video (subscriptions required, of course). Want to throw on some tunes? Stream Internet radio from a music service like Pandora®, or wirelessly connect to a compatible networked PC via DLNA technology and play songs from your computer. Plus, there's Allshare™, Samsung's take on Miracast™ technology, which mirrors the screen of your compatible mobile device, tablet, or computer screen for everyone to see.
The start of a multi-room audio system
The Samsung BD-J7500 features Multiroom Link to sync wirelessly with Samsung's Shape™ wireless speakers. If you have a Shape speaker in your kitchen and this player in your TV surround setup, you can play the audio from your movie through both — perfect for when you have to get a quick snack but don't want to miss a word of dialogue. Or, use Multiroom Link to play your favorite song of the moment across different rooms, whether it's for a house party or just doing chores on a weekend.
Impressive connection options
With all the capabilities of HDMI, Blu-ray players are still often equipped with that single output for audio and video. Not so with the BD-J7500. It includes two HDMI outputs for sending audio to your home theater receiver and video directly to your TV. And you can still enjoy the latest surround sound formats, for immersive movie soundtracks and explosive sound effects. Don't have an HDMI-compatible receiver? No problem — you can still do surround sound via the 'J7500's analog multichannel outputs or the optical digital output.
- plays 3D and standard Blu-ray discs, DVDs, CDs and rewriteable discs
- built-in Wi-Fi for playing TV shows and movies from Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube (subscriptions required for some services)
- 4K video upscaling for use with Ultra HDTVs
- Samsung Link feature lets you play media saved to Samsung's cloud service
- AllShare lets you stream content and mirror screens from compatible Samsung smartphones and tablets
- BD-Live and BonusView support for added bonus features with compatible discs (requires external USB storage device)
- rips CD to MP3 files with a USB storage device
- on-board web browser
- remote control
- plays Region A Blu-ray discs and Region 1 DVDs
- selectable video resolution up to 1080p
- built-in audio decoding for Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS®, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- front-panel USB port for use with external storage devices or wireless keyboard
- 2 HDMI outputs for separating audio and video signals ("SUB" HDMI output does not output video signal)
- optical digital audio output
- 7.1-channel RCA audio outputs
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- 16-15/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 9-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BD-J7500
What's in the box:
- Blu-ray disc player
- Remote control (AK59-00167A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- User Manual
- Netflix brochure
Samsung BD-J7500 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung BD-J7500
Features & specs
|Surround Sound Decoding||
Dolby Digital Plus |
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio
|4K Ultra HD||No|
|Internet Movie Streaming||Netflix,Vudu,Hulu,Amazon|
|Built-in Wi-Fi||802.11 b/g/n|
|Smartphone App Control||No|
|DVD Video Upconversion||4K, 1080p, 1080i, 720p|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Digital Optical Output||1|
|Digital Coaxial Output||None|
|Analog Audio Outputs||7.1ch|
|1080p Video Output||Yes|
|Component Video Outputs||None|
Disc Compatibility: The Samsung BD-J7500 Blu-ray disc player is compatible with many disc types.
|Disc Type||Disc Description|
|Blu-ray||BD-ROM, 3D-BD, BD-R, BD-RE|
|DVD||DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW|
|CD||CD-Audio, CD-R, CD-RW|
Blu-ray Disc: Blu-ray provides these key features and advantages
- 1080p Video Resolution: Blu-ray disc delivers full 1080p video resolution to provide pristine picture quality.
- 25GB/50GB Capacity: Blu-ray disc offers up to 5x the capacity of standard DVDs; 25GB for single layer disc and 50GB for dual layer disc.
- 7.1ch Audio: Blu-ray disc provides as many as 7.1 channels of native, uncompressed surround sound for crystal-clear audio entertainment.
- Enhanced Interactivity: Enjoy such capabilities as seamless menu navigation, bonus features, and network/internet connectivity.
- DVD Compatible: Blu-ray disc players enable you to continue to view and enjoy your existing DVD library.
Note: Like DVD, BD uses region codes. The region code on your disc must match the region code on your player, otherwise the disc will not play. This Blu-ray player is region A and DVD region 1. Blu-ray Disc uses the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) to prevent unauthorized recording of copyrighted material.
Firmware/Software Upgrade: As Blu-Ray technology continues to evolve, new disc types with enhanced functionality will become available. In order for you to enjoy this new functionality, you will likely be required to update the firmware in your player. These firmware updates will become available for downloading from the Internet. The player's Software Upgrade menu allows you to upgrade the player's software & firmware for these performance improvements & additional services. You can upgrade via Network or USB.
Note: Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware/Software updates.
USB Port (w/ ripping): The Samsung Blu-ray disc player features a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows playback of a variety of audio files, still-image files, and video files stored on a USB mass storage class device (formatted in FAT16, FAT32, or NTFS). The player even allows you to rip CD-Audio to a connected USB msc device in MP3 format, or copy non-copyrighted music, video, and photo images from a CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, BD-R/RE disc, or even a connected network device or Cloud service onto a USB device. The USB port also allows you to perform software upgrades using a USB flash drive. In addition, it can be used to add more local storage for BD-Live content.
Note: A USB device consuming more than 500mA requires a separate power supply device for normal operation.
Media File Formats: The Samsung BD-J7500 Blu-ray disc player supports the following video, photo, and music files recorded onto BD-RE, BD-R, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD-R discs; or downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive.
|Video||MPEG, MKV, WMV, AVI, AVCHD|
|Photo||JPEG, PNG, BMP, MPO|
|Music||MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, OGG|
Dual HDMI Outputs: The Samsung Blu-ray player is equipped with dual HDMI (v.1.4) outputs for separating audio and video signals (the "Sub" HDMI output does not output video signal). The "Main" HDMI can be used to carry both video and digital audio all in one cable. You can choose to use the "Sub" HDMI output to send audio only to your A/V receiver and the "Main" HDMI to send only video to your HDTV. The HDMI output resolution can be set to 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p when playing a DVD or Blu-ray Disc; also 1080/24p when playing a compatible BD.
- 1080/24p: Movies are typically filmed at 24 frames per second and some Blu-ray Discs use the same frame rate. If your TV will accept a 1080/24p signal, the BD-J7500 can pass the signal in its native form, without converting the video.
- 4:4:4 Max Color Subsampling: The Blu-ray player's "Main" HDMI output will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of high-definition video.
Note: The Blu-ray player provides no analog video outputs.
4K Video Up-conversion + Progressive Mode: Upscale your favorite non-4K videos and films and enjoy them in 4K Ultra-HD (3,840 x 2,160) with this Samsung Blu-ray Player and your Ultra-HD TV. 4K provides four times higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition content. The unit also offers 720p, 1080i, and 1080p upscaling if your TV does not support Ultra-HD, but is Full-HD. It also supports 480p and 480i output if your television is not HD-compatible. In addition, the Samsung Blu-ray disc player provides a Progressive mode to improve picture quality when viewing a DVD movie.
Note: To enjoy 4K, you must have a compatible 4K television connected to the Blu-ray player via HDMI.
Full HD 3D: The Samsung BD-J7500 3D Blu-ray disc player supports 3D playback of high-definition 3D Blu-ray discs when connected to a 3D-Ready HDTV via HDMI, along with wearing a pair 3D vision glasses. You can select from three 3D modes to suit your viewing needs.
- Auto: Automatically detects the 3D capability of your connected TV and play a 3D Blu-ray disc in 3D or 2D accordingly.
- 3D-to-3D: 3D Blu-ray disc played in 3D mode regardless of your connected TV. When your connected TV does not support 3D, you may see a black screen.
- 3D-to-2D: 3D Blu-ray disc is played in 2D image at all times. Choose this to view a 3D Blu-ray disc without 3D effect.
Deep/x.v. Color: Deep Color allows more accurate color reproduction with deep color depth. The Samsung BD-J7500 must be connected to a Deep Color compatible TV via HDMI for this feature to function. The BD-J7500 also supports x.v.Color; meaning it's ready for x.v.Color discs, such as AVCHD discs (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format).
Video Settings: The Samsung Blu-ray disc offers a variety of video adjustments to fine tune the TV's picture image.
- Screen Size: You can enter the actual screen size (up to 116") of your TV, so that the player can adjust the image according to the screen size and display an optimal image.
- TV Aspect: You can adjust the video output of the BD-J7500 to match the screen-type of your television. You can choose from 16:9 Original, 16:9 Full, 4:3 Letter Box, and 4:3 Pan-Scan.
- Picture Adjustments: This function enables you to adjust video
quality when the player is connected to your TV.
- Standard: Suitable for most viewing applications.
- Movie: Suitable for watching movies.
- Dynamic: Increases sharpness.
- User: Lets you adjust the sharpness and noise reduction function manually.
BD Wise: BD Wise is Samsung's latest inter-connectivity feature. When you connect Samsung products with BD-Wise to each other via HDMI, the optimum resolution will be set automatically.
Bonus View: The Bonus View feature provides picture-in-picture capability with select Blu-ray Disc titles. You can view addition content (such as director/actor commentary) in a small display window while the movie is playing.
Dolby Digital/DTS Surround Decoding: The BD-J7500 can decode the following Dolby Digital/DTS surround formats; Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, DTS HD High Resolution, and DTS-HD Master Audio. The player must be connected to a Dolby Digital/DTS surround AV receiver which also supports these same formats via optical or HDMI input.
Digital Output/Surround Mode Chart: You can set the unit's Digital Output (HDMI or Optical) to match the capabilities of your connected AV receiver.
|Disc Type||Audio Stream||PCM||Bitstream (Unprocessed)||Bitstream (Re-encode)|
|HDMI||Optical||HDMI||Optical||HDMI or Optical|
|Blu-ray||PCM||up to 7.1ch||2ch||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital Plus||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital Plus||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby TrueHD||up to 7.1ch||2ch||Dolby TrueHD||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS||up to 6.1ch||2ch||DTS||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS-HD HRA||up to 7.1ch||2ch||DTS-HD HRA||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|DTS-HD HD MA||up to 7.1ch||2ch||DTS-HD MA||DTS||Dolby Digital/DTS|
|Dolby Digital||up to 5.1ch||2ch||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital||Dolby Digital|
|DTS||up to 6.1ch||2ch||DTS||DTS||DTS|
Analog + Digital Outputs: The Samsung Blu-ray disc player is equipped with both analog (7.1ch RCA) and digital (optical) outputs.
- 7.1ch Analog Outputs: The Blu-ray player is fitted with 7.1ch analog outputs to connect to your AV receiver's multi-channel inputs.
- Digital Audio Output: The Blu-ray disc player features a digital optical (toslink) output. The player's audio menu allows you to select the digital audio format that is passed through the optical digital output; bitstream (Dolby Digital or DTS) or 2-channel PCM.
Speaker Settings: The Samsung Blu-ray player lets you select the size, level, and distance of the speakers you have in your system.
- Size: Select Large or Small for each speaker you have in your system.
- Level: Adjusts the relative loudness of each speaker from -6 to +6dB.
- Distance: Adjusts the relative distance of each speaker from the listening position, up to 30'.
Audio Adjustments: The Blu-ray disc player provides the following audio adjustments.
- PCM Downsampling: This feature lets you choose to have 96kHz PCM signals downsampled to 48kHz before they are output to your AV receiver.
- Downmixing Mode: This feature lets you select the multichannel downmix method that is compatible with your stereo receiver. You can choose to have the player downmix to normal stereo or to surround compatible stereo.
- DTS Neo:6 Mode: You can enjoy multichannel sound via the HDMI output from a 2 channel audio source.
- Dynamic Range Control: When movie soundtracks are played at low volume or from smaller speakers, the system can apply appropriate compression to make low-level content more intelligible and prevent dramatic passages from getting too loud. This is only active when a Dolby Digital signal is detected.
- Audio Sync: In some cases when the player is connected to a TV, the audio signal may not synchronize with the video signal. If this occurs, adjust the audio delay time to match the video signal. You can set the audio delay time between 0 msec and 250 msec.
SHAPE Multiroom Compatible: The Blu-ray Player easily integrates into Samsung's SHAPE Muti-Room System (sold separately). Enjoy your movies, TV and music wirelessly with rich, multi-room sound and no cluttering cords. Pop in a disc and hear its incredible sound on any compatible speaker in your home.
Wired & Wireless Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung Blu-ray player so that it can access your home network and online Samsung Apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired connection (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in Dual Band WiFi). You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; PBC (WPS), Auto Network Search, One Foot, or Manually.
- Supported WiFi networks include IEEE 802.11A/B/G/N wireless LAN networks (2.4GHz or 5.0GHz).
- Security setup types include WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), and WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES).
Note: Samsung recommends a home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps for standard definition or 10 Mbps for high definition
Samsung Apps: Samsung's BD-J7500 Blu-ray player incorporates Samsung Apps for access to a variety of online entertainment, social networking, sporting & news apps. Search Samsung Apps by "My Apps", "Recommended", "Most Popular", "What's New", or "Categories". Below is a list of some of the more popular apps available from Samsung Apps on this Blu-ray player.
- Movies & TV Shows: Watch movies and TV shows on Netlfix, Vudu, Hulu+, Amazon On Demand, CinemaNow, YuppTV, & M-GO.
- Music & Radio: Listen to online music and internet radio from Pandora, vTuner, Spotify, & SiriusXM.
- Social Networking: Share what's on your mind using social networking services, like Twitter or Facebook. Also, check out video clips from YouTube.
- News & Weather: Get updated with the top stories of the day & stock quotes from BBC News & CNBC Real-Time. Check your local weather and other area weather at The Weather Network or AccuWeather.
- Sports & Games: Get access to baseball scores from MLB.TV. Download game like Sudoku and Solitaire for extra fun with the family.
- Kids & Education: Gain access to kid friendly programs that are fun and educational.
Note: The Link Service Accounts function lets you link your player to your accounts with Internet services (like Twitter & Facebook) so that the player can log you into the service automatically when you start the app for that service. Online applications and content are subject to change without notice.
Web Browser You can access the internet using the player's Web Brower application. You can search web pages by entering a URL address or entering a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can also save "Favorite" web pages and create a "Home" page. The playback of Flash videos is also supported. The Web Browser is optimized to fill your connected TV's screen. The Web Browser provides two types of browsing; Pointer Browsing and Link Browsing.
- Pointer Browsing: When you launch the browser for the first time, Pointer Browsing is active. If you are using a mouse to navigate in the Web Browser, leave Pointer Browsing active.
- Link Browsing: If you are using your remote to navigate in the Web Browser, replace Pointer Browsing with Link Browsing. Link Browsing moves a highlight from one link to the next in the Web Browser and is much faster than Pointer Browsing if you are using your remote.
Note: The Web Browser is not compatible with Java applications. E-commerce, for purchasing products online is not supported. ActiveX is not supported.
Cloud Service: Cloud service saves user content such as music, video, and photo files on an online server . You are able to send non-copyrighted music, videos, and photos from a connected USB device or disc loaded in the Blu-ray player to a Cloud service (such as DropBox/SkyDrive) or network device over your home network and internet connection. You are then able to play these same music, video, and photo files from the Cloud or your network device through the Blu-ray player.
Wireless Device Connectivity: The Samsung Blu-ray players allows wireless integration with your wireless network devices via WiFi Direct, AllShare Cast, and AllShare DLNA.
- WiFi Direct: When using WiFi Direct, you can connect directly with other devices without using a wireless router. You'll be able to wirelessly transfer personal content (such as photos & videos) to the Samsung Blu-ray player without connecting to your home network. WiFi Direct completely bypasses your WiFi access point/router, so it's easy to set up. Streaming of copy-protected content and other certain formats are not supported.
- AllShare Cast: AllShare Cast is a proprietary "screen mirroring" function which lets you wirelessly send the display from your compatible AllShare Cast Samsung mobile device to the Blu-ray player and your connected TV. This allows you to view pictures and videos that are playing on your compatible Samsung smartphone or tablet on your TV screen. No wireless router or access point required.
- AllShare DLNA: The Samsung Blu-ray disc player's AllShare function, along with its DLNA Certification allow you to watch videos (MPEG), photos (JPEG), and listen to music (MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC) saved on your Windows PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the TV via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless). This eliminates the need to copy your photo, video, and music files to a separate USB storage device.
Note: For AllShare/DLNA, Windows PCs with XP and Vista installed require Samsung's PC Share Manager software, which can be downloaded for free from the Samsung Download Center. Not compatible with older Windows OS versions and Mac.
BD-Live: BD-Live technology allows you to download and stream bonus content such as additional scenes, shorts, trailers, movie-based games, and more from a broadband internet and home network connections (fees may apply). The BD-J7500 features an Ethernet port and built-in WiFi to connect to the internet via your home network, and features USB (type-A) port for additional storage.
Note: You must have a minimum 1GB USB memory device inserted in the unit's USB slot in order to download content from BD-Live.
On-Screen & Front-Panel Display: The Samsung Blu-ray player features an on-screen menu through its HDMI output. It also features a front-panel display. Menu text can be changed to English, French, or Spanish.
Quick Start: Quick Start speeds up the load time on movies, so discs start faster after they're inserted into the Blu-ray player. The Samsung Blu-ray player has a start-up time of approximately 0.5 seconds in Quick Start mode (10.7 seconds in normal mode). In Quick Start mode, it takes approximately 17.3 seconds for a Blu-ray disc to begin playback (40.1 seconds in normal mode).
Note: The Start Up/Play Back Time tests were started with the Blu-ray player initially turned off & in standby mode. The Start Up Time test was stopped when the player's Home Menu screen appeared. The Play Back Time test was stopped when the Blu-ray disc began playback.
Parental Lock: The Parental Lock function works in conjunction with Blu-ray Disc/DVDs that have been assigned a rating which helps you control the types of Blu-ray Discs/DVDs that your family watches. There are up to 8 ratings levels on a disc. The rating levels are protected by a customer user 4-digit password. You can also restrict access to inappropriate web pages by allowing access only to the web sites you have registered.
Remote Support: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose the Blu-ray player, adjust its settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates; the player must be connected to your home network and the Internet.
Screen Saver + Auto Power Off: If you leave the player in the stop mode for more than 5 minutes without using it, a screen saver will appear on the TV. If the player is left in the screen saver more for more than 20 minutes, the power will automatically turn off.
Energy Star: Energy Star qualified products meet strict energy-efficiency specifications set by the government. This Samsung Blu-ray player meets the Energy Star criteria for energy use. See energystar.gov for more information.
Wireless Remote: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit and a number of functions on Samsung TVs. The remote controls the TV's power on/off, input select, and volume up/down. The playback controls of the remote are glow-in-the-dark. This remote control also has Braille points on the Power, Play, Enter, and #5 buttons for the visually impaired.
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Anynet+ is a convenient feature that offers linked operation with other Samsung components that have the Anynet+ feature, and lets you control those products with one Samsung remote control. To operate this function, you must connect this player's "Main" HDMI output to an Anynet+ Samsung TV using an HDMI cable.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung Blu-ray player will also support a USB-enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately) through its front-panel USB port. This make web browsing much simpler.
9 questions already asked