About the Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
Never come home to a flooded basement again
Never come home to a flooded basement again
Receive an alert on your phone the moment there's water in your basement.
The Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor is a small wireless device that you put anywhere you want to detect water. It also monitors temperature, and alerts you to sudden changes. It talks wirelessly to the SmartThings hub, the brain of your customizable SmartThings home automation system. You can add as many compatible devices and sensors as you want, and control them all using the SmartThings Mobile app (Apple®/Android™/Windows®).
Stay in the know
Place the water leak sensor in the basement, in the cabinet under your sink, or by your hot water heater. The moment there's water where there shouldn't be, you'll immediately receive an alert on your phone so that you can take swift action. This is especially helpful if you're away on vacation, or if you're monitoring a second home. No longer will you be surprised by ruined floors and damaged belongings.
SmartThings plays nicely with others too
Samsung's SmartThings is designed around an open platform. Not only can you use SmartThings accessories, but there are a wide range of products from different companies that easily integrate into the system. You can add light bulbs, thermostats, cameras, door locks, wireless speakers and more. Control everything from a single app. Here are some products that we carry that work beautifully with your SmartThings system:
- Bose® speakers, including the SoundTouch® 10 and Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV
- Bose® home theater systems including the Lifestyle® 525 and Lifestyle® 535
- Sonos®: PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5, PLAYBAR, CONNECT, and CONNECT:AMP
- Samsung sound bars: HW-J650, HW-J6500, HW-J7500 and HW-J8500
- Belkin WeMo® Insight Switch and WeMo® LED bulbs
- Philips Hue Go and Hue LightStrip
- Logitech Harmony Hub
- wireless battery-powered water sensor
- controlled by the free SmartThings Mobile app
- monitor for leaks around the hot water heater, in the basement, and under sinks
- receive an alert if there's unexpected water in your home
- be notified of temperature changes in a room
- operating temperature: 32° to 104°F
- powered by CR-2 battery (pre-installed)
- communication protocol: ZigBee
- wireless range of 50-130 feet (depending on your home's construction)
- compatible with:
- 2-3/8"W x 1-1/2"H x 7/8"D
- weight: 1.4 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F-WTR-US-2
What's in the box:
- SmartThings Water Leak sensor
- Quick Start Guide
Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
Overview: The Samsung SmartThings Water Leak Sensor is a wireless device that is placed on the floor of your bathroom, kitchen, or laundry room to immediately alert you when a water leak is detected. The sensor can also monitor temperature, and can automatically turn on a portable heater if the temperature drops (SmartThings Outlet required). The Water Leak Sensor is powered by a CR-2 battery (installed). The sensor's dimensions are 2.379" x 1.474" x 0.84", and it weighs 1.4 ounces.
Note: The SmartThings Water Leak Sensor requires the SmartThings Hub.
SmartThings Monitoring System: The SmartThings Home Monitoring system contains several sensors and this central monitoring hub to help you make sure your home is safe. Available SmartThings sensors include this Water Leak Sensor, a Multipurpose Sensor, Motion Sensor, a Smart Outlet, and an Arrival Sensor. Numerous devices (locks, thermostats, wireless music systems, cameras, lightbulbs, etc.) from Samsung and other manufacturers can be controlled through the SmartThings system. The SmartThings monitoring system is controlled via Wi-Fi and the SmartThings Mobile app for your smartphone or tablet. No contracts or monthly fees are required to monitor your home with the SmartThings system.
SmartThings Mobile App: The SmartThings Mobile app for your smartphone or tablet lets you easily control, monitor, and secure your home from virtually anywhere in the world. The app is available from the Apple App Store for iOS devices running version 7.0 or later, from Google Play for Android devices (version varies with device), and from the Microsoft Store for Windows mobile devices.
1 question already asked