About the Samsung SmartThings Hub
The wireless hub gives you easy control over your Samsung SmartThings system.
The heart of your home automation system
This compact, networked-enabled hub is the foundation of your new SmartThings system. It handles all of the communication between your phone and your home's wirelessly connected outlets, sensors, and smart accessories. Setup is a breeze. Simply plug it into your router with the included Ethernet cable, and into the wall for power. You'll control your whole system through the free SmartThings Mobile app (Apple®/Android™/Windows®) on your phone or tablet.
SmartThings works intelligently for you
You can use the SmartThings app to create custom commands that are triggered by certain events. Have a motion sensor detect when you wake up so that your lights automatically turn on. Using an arrival sensor, you can be notified when your child gets home from school. Use a water leak sensor to receive an alert if there's water in your basement. You can customize your SmartThings system to fit your home and lifestyle. The possibilities are endless.
SmartThings plays nicely with others too
Samsung's SmartThings is designed around an open platform. Not only can you use SmartThings accessories, but there are a wide range of products from different companies that easily integrate into the system. You can add light bulbs, thermostats, cameras, door locks, wireless speakers and more. Control everything from a single app. Here are some products that we carry that work beautifully with your SmartThings system:
- Bose® speakers, including the SoundTouch® 10 and Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV
- Bose® home theater systems including the Lifestyle® 525 and Lifestyle® 535
- Sonos®: PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5, PLAYBAR, CONNECT, and CONNECT:AMP
- Samsung sound bars: HW-J650, HW-J6500, HW-J7500 and HW-J8500
- Belkin WeMo® Insight Switch and WeMo® LED bulbs
- Philips Hue Go and Hue LightStrip
- Logitech Harmony Hub
- connects to the Internet and controls all of your SmartThings devices
- add any of the hundreds of compatible smart devices to enhance your home
- plugs into wireless router with included Ethernet cable
- battery backup lasts up to 10 hours ("AA" batteries included)
- free SmartThings app lets you know how much battery life is left in each module
- communication protocol: ZigBee, Z-Wave, IP
- wireless range of 50-130 feet (depending on your home's construction)
- compatible with:
- 4-1/4"W x 4-15/16"H x 1-3/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F-HUB-US-2
What's in the box:
- SmartThings Hub (STH-ETH-200)
- AC adapter with 70" DC output cord (DC output: 5V 2A)
- 36" Ethernet cable (RJ-45 plugs on both ends)
- 4 "AA" batteries
- Hub Quick Start Guide
- Welcome Code card
Samsung SmartThings Hub reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung SmartThings Hub
Overview: The Samsung SmartThings Hub (v2) pulls all of the elements of your SmartThings monitoring system together: all of the connected sensors, your smartphone or tablet, the SmartThings Mobile app, and the SmartThings cloud. The Hub wirelessly connects all of the sensors around your home so they can send information to your smartphone, or to each other. The Hub needs to be connected to power and your network (AC adapter and Ethernet cable included). In addition to the Ethernet cable, the Hub has ZigBee (2.4 GHz), Z-Wave (900 MHz), and Bluetooth radio compatibility to support other devices. The Hub comes with 4 "AA" batteries that serve as backup power for approximately 10 hours, in case of a power outage. Dimensions: 4.237" x 4.894" x 1.375", Weight 7.68 ounces.
SmartThings Monitoring System: The SmartThings Home Monitoring system contains several sensors and this central monitoring hub to help you make sure your home is safe. Available SmartThings sensors include a Multipurpose Sensor, a Motion Sensor, Arrival Sensor, Water Leak Sensor, and a Smart Outlet. Numerous devices (locks, thermostats, wireless music systems, cameras, lightbulbs, etc.) from Samsung and other manufacturers can be controlled through the SmartThings system. The SmartThings monitoring system is controlled via Wi-Fi and the SmartThings Mobile app for your smartphone or tablet. No contracts or monthly fees are required to monitor your home with the SmartThings system.
SmartThings Mobile App: The SmartThings Mobile app for your smartphone or tablet lets you easily control, monitor, and secure your home from virtually anywhere in the world. The app is available from the Apple App Store for iOS devices running version 7.0 or later, from Google Play for Android devices (version varies with device), and from the Microsoft Store for Windows mobile devices.