About the Samsung HW-E550 (Black)
Half the fun of today's movies lies within their soundtracks. Get the full home theater experience with the Samsung HW-E550. This simple, room-friendly system uses advanced signal processing and a powerful amplifier to deliver dynamic, engaging sound with your movies, music, and games. Two 3D-ready HDMI inputs let you hook up high-def audio/video sources to your TV and switch easily among them, while maintaining the best possible picture and sound quality. And with Dolby® Digital and DTS decoding and virtual surround processing, you get a more engaging listening experience.
Choose whether to hang together or divide and conquer
The HW-E550's "AudioBar" offers a sleek, modern look and lots of setup flexibility. Its split design lets you divide the bar into two segments and place them upright on either side of your TV, for a more traditional "stereo" look. You can wall-mount them or place them on provided pedestals. Or you can keep the bar together in one piece and wall-mount it below your TV using the included hardware, or place it on a shelf using the supplied cradle. A wireless link between the AudioBar and the subwoofer keeps your system looking neat and uncluttered.
Your daily requirement of bass
Music and movies just don't sound the same without bass and your TV's built-in speakers probably can't give you much of that. The HW-E550's powered subwoofer rounds out the sound, adding depth to music and punchy effects to your favorite action movies. This sub contains the system's HDMI audio/video connections, so you'll most likely need to keep it relatively close to you TV and/or equipment rack.
This sound bar's got musical talent
You can also play music through the HW-E550. Built-in Bluetooth® lets you stream your playlist directly from your smartphone, tablet or laptop computer wirelessly. You can also use the back-panel USB input to enjoy music files from your thumb drive, or just connect to the headphone jack of your phone or MP3 player and you're all set.
- modular two-piece design allows for a multitude of mounting and placement options
- 160 watts (80 watts x 2 peak)
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding and virtual surround processing for a more engaging listening experience
- four 2" midrange drivers
- two 3/4" dome tweeters
- built-in 5.8 GHz transmitter sends audio signals from the subwoofer to the sound bar
- built-in Bluetooth® for audio streaming with compatible smartphones, tablets and laptops
- wall-mount bracket and floor stands included
- requires AC power
- weight: 3.8 lbs.
- single sound bar configuration: 40-15/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 2-1/2"D
- floor stand: 2-11/16"W x 24-1/4"H x 2-11/16"D
- 150 watts (peak)
- wireless connection to AudioBar for a clean, uncluttered setup
- adds bass punch to movie soundtracks, TV shows, and music
- 6" side-firing woofer
- requires AC power
- weight: 16 lbs.
- 11-1/2"W x 14-5/8"H x 12"D
- 2 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output to HDTV
- HDMI version 1.4 with support for 3D video, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, HDMI-CEC and Audio Return Channel
- 1 analog stereo RCA input (cable included to connect your TV)
- 1 optical digital audio input
- USB input for streaming music files from a thumb-drive
- remote control included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HWE550/ZA
What's in the box:
- 2 Speakers
- Powered subwoofer
- AC power adapter (with attached 57" DC cord)
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (AH59-02434A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 7" USB extension cable (with a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- 16.5' Minijack-to-stereo RCA cable
- 16.5' Speaker wire (with bare-wire on each end)
- 2 Pedestal bases
- 2 Pedestal necks
- Wall-mount brackets
- Wall-mount hooks
- Six M4 x 10mm screws
- Two M5 x 10mm screws
- User Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
- "Stop Notice" sheet
Samsung HW-E550 (Black) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung HW-E550 (Black)
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.1|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||---|
|HDMI eARC Input||---|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Tweeter||.75 Dome (2)|
|Midrange||2.0 Cone (4)|
|Subwoofer Driver||6" Cone|
|Enclosure||Sealed (bar), Port (sub)|
|System Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||80 x 2|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||150|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||---|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||---|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-1/2H x 40-15/16W x 2-1/2D|
|Sound Bar Weight||3.75 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||14-5/8H x 11-1/2W x 12D|
|Subwoofer Weight||15.98 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Crystal Surround Air Track (Active Speaker System): The Samsung HW-E550 Crystal Surround Air Track System includes a wireless self-powered AudioBar and a powered subwoofer. The Samsung HW-E550 is a 2.1-channel audio system that lets you experience a rich, powerful virtual surround sound from two speakers (AudioBar and powered subwoofer). The slim, compact Samsung HW-E550's AudioBar can be mounted on the wall or placed on a table-top (or even split into two separate speakers), while the subwoofer should be positioned next to your home audio/video components (since it contains all of the system's audio/video connections).
Powered Subwoofer: The powered subwoofer features a rear-firing 6" woofer inside a bass-reflex, gloss-black cabinet with a rear-firing port. The 6" woofer is powered by a built-in 150 watt amplifier. The powered subwoofer includes all of the HW-E550 system's analog audio and digital audio/video connections.
AudioBar with Split Design: The AudioBar is a self-powered, two-channel speaker which provides enveloping virtual surround sound from a single speaker. The AudioBar includes four 2" midrange drivers and two 0.75" soft-dome tweeters housed in a sealed, gloss-black cabinet. The AudioBar features a built-in 80 watts x 2-channel digital amplifier to drive its speakers. The AudioBar is wireless and receives its audio signal wirelessly from the HW-E550 system's powered subwoofer via 5.8GHz transmission.
Split Design: You can place the AudioBar under your TV as one unit, or separate it into two parts for greater placement flexibility. It can be mounted on the wall or placed on an entertainment center (vertically or horizontally). The slim shape helps save space wherever you install it, naturally complementing your flat-panel TV. Wall-mount hardware and pedestal stands are included.
- Cradle: The AudioBar comes with a cradle which allows you to simply place the speaker horizontally on a shelf ,above or below your television. The AudioBar with cradle measures 40.9375" (w) x 2.5" (h) x 2.5" (d).
- Pedestal Stands: The AudioBar can be separated into two speakers and placed on the included pedestal stands. Each speaker will sit on either side of your television. Each speaker with the pedestal stand measures 6.75" (w) x 24.375" (h) x 6.75" (d)
- Wall-Mount: The AudioBar can be wall-mounted horizontally above or below your TV. You can also split the AudioBar into two speakers and wall-mount them vertically on either side of your television. Wall-mounted horizontally, the AudioBar measures 40.9375" (w) x 2.1875" (h) x 2.125" (d) . Wall-mounted vertically, each speaker measures 2.1875" (w) x 24.5" (h) x 2.3125" (d).
Note: When you split the AudioBar into two speakers, each speaker contains two 2" midrange drivers and one 0.75" soft-dome tweeter. You will need to connect the included 16.5' cable between the two speakers.
Surround Sound Decoding: The Samsung HW-E550 Crystal Surround Air Track System employs decoders compatible with Dolby Digital, DTS, and SFE.
- Dolby Digital: This is the standard audio signal format used on DVDs, and other purely digital media. This surround technology delivers high-quality digital audio of up to 5.1 discrete channels to produce a directional and more realistic effect.
- DTS: DTS provides a discrete 5.1 channel digital audio signal for both music and movie content and uses less compression than Dolby Digital for richer sound.
- SFE (Sound Field Effect): Using a 32-bit audio digital signal processor the HW-E550 provides a more realistic surround sound with normal stereo audio source. The Samsung HW-E550 offers 7 different sound field modes (News, Drama, Sports, Game, Cinema, Music, and Off/Original Sound).
3D Sound Plus: Compliment the images you see on screen with the full sound of 3D Sound Plus. By analyzing the depth of the 3D image, 3D Sound Plus synchronizes the sound to match the motion and depth of the image. Now you can enjoy a fully immersive 3D experience.
Smart Volume: This function will regulate and stabilize the volume level against a drastic volume change in case of a channel change or scene transition.
AV Sync: AV Sync can be used to help sync video to audio when connected to a digital HDTV. Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time to match the video. You can adjust the AV Sync from 0 to 300ms.
DRC: You can use the DRC (Dynamic Range Compression) function to enjoy Dolby Digital sound when watching movies at low volume during the night. DRC compresses the audio to make the loudest sounds quieter and the quietest sounds louder.
Subwoofer Level: You can independently adjust the volume of the powered subwoofer from 1 to 6, using the system's remote control.
Speaker Selection: This function enables you to select between listening to audio from your TV or audio from the Air Track system when connected via HDMI.
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Samsung HW-E550 system and can also be used to control your connected Samsung TV. The remote control has a TV hotkey that enables you to perform various operations with the simple press of a button. You can adjust the volume or change the channel on the Samsung TV.
Anynet+: Anynet+ is a convenient feature that offers linked operation with other Samsung components that have the Anynet+ feature, and lets you control those products with one Samsung remote control. To operate this function, you must connect Samsung HW-E550 Crystal Surround Air Track System to an Anynet+ Samsung TV using an HDMI cable.
Power Link: The Crystal Surround Air Track system is automatically turned on when you turn on your TV or any device connected to the Air Track system with an optical cable.
Auto Off: If a TV or any device connected to the Crystal Surround Air Track System is off and there is no audio signal, the Air Track system will turn off after 20 minutes.
HDMI Inputs/Output (with ARC): The powered subwoofer of the Samsung HW-E550 Crystal Surround Air Track System is fitted with two HDMI inputs and HDMI output. HDMI transmits video and audio signals simultaneously for a simpler connection, and provides a clearer picture and better sound. The unit's HDMI output also supports the ARC function. This allows you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box directly to the system's HDMI input and connect the system's HDMI output to your television for audio from the Crystal Surround Air Track System or your TV.
Note: Your television must also be ARC compatible for this function to work.
Optical Digital Input: The Samsung HW-E550 Crystal Surround Air Track System's powered subwoofer is equipped with an optical (toslink) digital input to connect your television, Blu-ray/DVD player, or satellite/cable box.
AUX Input: The Samsung HW-E550's powered subwoofer features a stereo audio minijack (3.5mm) input to connect your analog television or other analog audio component.
USB Port: You can connect and play music files from external USB mass storage class devices; such as MP3 players or USB thumbrives, using the powered subwoofer's rear-panel USB (type-A) port and included USB extension cable. The HW-E550 supports USB (msc) devices formatted in FAT16 or FAT32 with MP3 (8-320) or WMA (56-128) music files. You can control basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Fast-Forward/Backward, and Repeat/Random.
Bluetooth A2DP: The Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track System features built-in Bluetooth (ver. 2.1) for wireless audio streaming. You can wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or MP3 player to the Samsung HW-E550 and enjoy music with high quality stereo sound, all without wires. The HW-E550 provides not control over your Bluetooth-enabled device; you will continue to control your music from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or MP3 player.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Samsung HW-E550.
AC Power Connections: The powered subwoofer features an attached 5' AC powered cord to plug into an AC wall outlet. The AudioBar includes an AC power adapter and 6' AC power cord to plug into an AC wall outlet.
Software Upgrades: Samsung may offer upgrades for the system's firmware in the future. Upgrades will be possible by downloading firmware upgrades to a USB thumbdrive and connecting the thumbdrive to the powered subwoofer's USB port.
The Samsung HW-E550 (Black) replaces these items
- two HDMI mini inputs and one HDMI mini output can be used to switch between HD components
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding and virtual surround processing for an engaging listening experience
- wireless subwoofer for flexible placement in your room