About the Samsung HW-F750
Time to unwind
Another work day done. You kick off your shoes, grab a favorite beverage from the fridge and settle into your couch, because your favorite TV show has just launched a new season online. You fire up Netflix® and turn up your new TV. As the music ramps up, the action scenes spill forth and the announcer intones, "Previously on..."
Except something's missing. The sound is only slightly better than that of your tablet's speakers. Your new TV looks awesome, but the manufacturer paid a harsh penalty for that ultra-thin look. Thin speakers generally lead to thin sound.
Vacuum tubes in the preamp section add warmth to the sound of the 'F750.
Fortunately, the fix is easy. You can get the thrill of powerful, accurate bass and crystal clear dialogue from the Samsung HW-F750, a unique-looking sound bar system with a 150-watt powered subwoofer. Its vacuum tube preamp section is coupled to a high-efficiency Class D amplifier for warm, realistic sound with movies, TV shows, and music. Plus, with the enhanced connection flexibility of both an HDMI input and output, this system is well-equipped to route high-quality video and audio where you need it. The 'F750 supports a recent implementation of the HDMI standard for features like Audio Return Channel, which enables two-way audio transmission over one cable, and Samsung's Anynet+™, which enables one-touch (and one-remote) control over all of your HDMI-connected Samsung components.
We really mean wireless
For increased convenience, your sound bar/subwoofer combo can pair wirelessly via Bluetooth® with a compatible Samsung HDTV using the SoundShare™ feature. The only wires leading to those components will be for AC power. And the Bluetooth connection allows streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets and laptops. How's that for a simple installation?
Connections are the key to success
Of course, the HW-F750 handles other connections as well. A built-in USB port hosts thumb drives and external disk drives with music files. An optical digital input can handle Blu-ray players, game consoles, or your Apple TV®. And there's a stereo analog 3.5mm input for your media player.
- 160 watts total (peak)
- hybrid design with vacuum tube preamp and class D amplifier for rich, warm sound
- auto sound calibration optimizes speaker settings based on room size and listening area positioning
- Dolby® Digital and DTS decoding and virtual surround processing for a more engaging listening experience
- built-in Bluetooth® for audio streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets and laptops
- SoundShare feature lets you wirelessly connect your compatible Samsung HDTV to your sound bar via Bluetooth®
- requires AC power
- 37-3/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 4-7/8"D
- weight: 7.7 lbs.
- 150 watts (peak)
- wireless design allows for placement anywhere in the room
- adds bass punch to movie soundtracks, TV shows, and music
- requires AC power
- 11-7/16"W x 14-9/16"H x 11-7/16"D
- weight: 16 lbs.
- 1 HDMI input and 1 HDMI output to HDTV
- 1 analog minijack input (mini-to-RCA cable included)
- 1 optical digital audio input
- USB input for playing music files from a thumb drive
- 6 DSP settings optimize system performance for everything from movies to news
- 3D Sound Plus feature analyzes the depth and motion of the 3D signals on your screen and synchronizes the sound to match
- Smart Volume mode evens out variances in apparent volume between different program sources
- remote control and wall bracket included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HW-F750/ZA
What's in the box:
- AudioBar (HW-F750)
- Wireless powered subwoofer (PS-WF750)
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 5' DC cord)
- 5' AC power cord
- Remote control (AH59-0254SA)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Auto-setup microphone
- Wall-mount bracket
- 2 Wall-mount holders
- 2 Screws
- 7" USB extension cable (w/ a male USB type-A connector on one end and a female USB type-A connector on other end)
- 5' Stereo mini-to-RCA cable
- Ferrite core
- User Manual
- Quick Setup Guide
Samsung HW-F750 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung HW-F750
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||2.1|
|Virtual Surround||SFE, 3D Audio|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||---|
|HDMI eARC Input||---|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||1|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Subwoofer Driver||6.5" Cone|
|System Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||80 x 2|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||150 x 1|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||---|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||---|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-3/16H x 37-3/16W x 4-7/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||7.72 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||14-9/16H x 11-7/16W x 11-7/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||15.98 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Crystal Surround AirTrack (Active Speaker System): The Samsung HW-F750 Crystal Surround AirTrack System is a 2.1-channel audio system that lets you experience a rich, powerful virtual surround sound from just two speakers (Audiobar & Wireless Powered Sub). The slim, compact Samsung HW-F750's Audiobar can be mounted on the wall or placed on a table-top, while the wireless subwoofer can be positioned anywhere in the room to achieve maximum audio performance.
AudioBar: The Audiobar is a self-powered, two-channel speaker which provides enveloping virtual surround sound from a single speaker. The AudioBar includes two 1" soft-dome tweeter and four 3.5"x1.5" midrange drivers housed in an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure. The Audiobar features a built-in 80 watts x 2-channel digital amplifier to drive its speakers. The AudioBar is designed to be mounted directly below or above your flat-panel HDTV in a horizontal orientation. The AudioBar can be placed on a shelf or table-top. The Audiobar also includes a wall-mount bracket which allows you to fix the speaker to your wall. The Audiobar includes analog audio and digital audio/video connections, as well as Bluetooth connectivity.
Wireless Powered Subwoofer: The wireless powered subwoofer receives its low-frequency audio signal wirelessly from the AudioBar via 2.4GHz transmission. There are no cords to connect, except the AC power cord. You can place the wireless powered subwoofer up to 33' away from the AudioBar. The wireless powered subwoofer features a rear-firing 6.5" woofer inside a bass-reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. The woofer is powered by a built-in 150 watt amplifier.
Vacuum Tube & Digital Sound Technology: The HW-F750's Audiobar employs Vacuum Tube & Digital Sound Technology with two visible front-panel tubes. Enjoy a more lifelike experience with Vacuum Tube & Digital Sound. Hear your favorite music for the first time with the innovation of analog & digital sound combined. It creates a truer, more immersive sound that digital alone cannot replicate.
Auto Sound Calibration: The Samsung HW-F750 Crystal Surround AirTrack System's auto sound calibration & mic can easily optimize your sound experience by automatically adjusting audio settings based on the distance from the audiobar and powered sub to the listening area in your room.
Surround Sound Decoding: The Samsung HW-F750 Crystal Surround AirTrack System employs decoders compatible with Dolby Digital, DTS, SFE, and 3D Depth Sound.
- Dolby Digital: This is the standard audio signal format used on DVDs, and other purely digital media. This surround technology delivers high-quality digital audio of up to 5.1 discrete channels to produce a directional and more realistic effect.
- DTS: DTS provides a discrete 5.1 channel digital audio signal for both music and movie content and uses less compression than Dolby Digital for richer sound.
- SFE (Sound Field Effect): Using a 32-bit audio digital signal processor the HW-F750 provides a more realistic surround sound with normal stereo audio source. The Samsung HW-F750 offers 7 different sound field modes (News, Drama, Sports, Game, Cinema, Music, and Off/Original Sound).
- 3D Sound: Complement the images you see on screen with the full sound of 3D Sound. By analyzing the depth of the 3D image, 3D Sound synchronizes the sound to match the motion and depth of the image. Now you can enjoy a fully immersive 3D experience.
Audio Settings: The Samsung Crystal Surround AirTrack system provides various audio adjustments to customize your listening experience.
- Smart Volume: This function will regulate and stabilize the volume level against a drastic volume change in case of a channel change or scene transition.
- AV Sync: AV Sync can be used to help sync video to audio when connected to a digital HDTV. Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time to match the video. You can adjust the AV Sync from 0 to 300ms.
- DRC: You can use the DRC (Dynamic Range Compression) function to enjoy Dolby Digital sound when watching movies at low volume during the night. DRC compresses the audio to make the loudest sounds quieter and the quietest sounds louder.
- Subwoofer Level: You can independently adjust the volume of the wireless powered subwoofer from -6 to +6, using the system's remote control.
- Speaker Selection: This function enables you to select between listening to audio from your TV or audio from the AirTrack system when connected via HDMI.
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Samsung HW-F750 system and can also be used to control your connected Samsung TV. The remote control has a TV hotkey that enables you to perform various operations with the simple press of a button. You can adjust the volume or change the channel on the Samsung TV. Other unique Remote Control features include:
- Smart On: When used with a 2013 Samsung LED-LCD or Plasma TV, you will be able to power on the AudioBar and control the volume right from the TV's remote.
- Anynet+: Anynet+ is a convenient feature that offers linked operation with other Samsung components that have the Anynet+ feature, and lets you control those products with one Samsung remote control. To operate this function, you must connect Samsung HW-F750 Crystal Surround AirTrack System to an Anynet+ Samsung TV using an HDMI cable.
Auto Power On/Off: The Samsung Crystal Surround AirTrack system offers Auto Power On/Off functionality.
- Power Link (Auto On): The Crystal Surround AirTrack system is automatically turned on when you turn on your TV or any device connected to the AirTrack system with an optical cable.
- Auto Off: If a TV or any device connected to the Crystal Surround AirTrack System is off and there is no audio signal, the AirTrack system will turn off after 20 minutes.
HDMI 1.4 Input/Output: The Audiobar of the Samsung HW-F750 Crystal Surround AirTrack System is fitted with an HDMI 1.4 input and HDMI 1.4 output. HDMI transmits video and audio signals simultaneously for a simpler connection, and provides a clearer picture and better sound. The unit's HDMI input and output support 3D-video, Deep Color, and x.v.Color pass-through. The HDMI output also supports ARC.
- 3D: The HW-F750 can pass through 3D video from 3D-ready Blu-ray players to 3D-ready TVs, via HDMI (1.4). You will also need compatible 3D-ready glasses and 3D-video content.
- Deep/x.v.Color: Deep Color allows more accurate color reproduction with deep color depth. The unit also supports x.v.Color; meaning it's ready for x.v.Color discs, such as AVCHD discs (MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format).
- ARC: The unit's HDMI output also supports the ARC function. This allows you to connect your Blu-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box directly to the system's HDMI input and connect the system's HDMI output to your television for audio from the Crystal Surround AirTrack System or your TV. Your TV must also be ARC compatible.
Bluetooth Technology: The Samsung Crystal Surround AirTrack System features built-in Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and Samsung's new Sound Share TV connection.
- Bluetooth A2DP: You can wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or MP3 player to the Samsung HW-F750 and enjoy music with high quality stereo sound, all without wires. The HW-F750 does not control your Bluetooth-enabled device; you will continue to control your music from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or MP3 player. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Samsung HW-F750 .
- Sound Share: You can simplify the installation of the HW-F750 by eliminating the need for a wired connection between a Bluetooth-enabled Samsung TV and the Audiobar. Simply plug the Audiobar and the subwoofer into AC power and follow the simple pairing instructions to wirelessly connect the AudioBar to select Bluetooth-enabled Samsung TVs. SoundShare is only available for select Samsung 3D TVs - 2013 LED Series 6400 or higher and PDP Series 5500 or higher; 2012 LED Series 6500 or higher and PDP Series 550 or higher.
Analog + Digital Inputs: The Samsung HW-F750 Crystal Surround AirTrack System features both analog (3.5mm) and digital (optical) audio inputs.
- Optical Digital Input: The Samsung HW-F750 Crystal Surround AirTrack System's AudioBar is equipped with an optical (toslink) digital input to connect your television, Blu-ray/DVD player, or satellite/cable box.
- AUX Input: The Samsung HW-F750 's AudioBar features a stereo audio minijack (3.5mm) input to connect your analog television or other analog audio component.
USB Port: You can connect and play music files from external USB mass storage class devices (such as smartphones, MP3 players or USB thumbrives) using the AudioBar's USB (type-A) port and included USB extension cable. The HW-F750 supports USB devices formatted in FAT16/32 with MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, FLAC, or OGG music files. You can control basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Fast-Forward/Backward, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random. The system will also charge (5V/0.5A) your connected USB device.
Software Upgrades: Samsung may offer upgrades for the system's firmware in the future. Upgrades will be possible by downloading firmware upgrades to a USB thumbdrive and connecting the thumbdrive to the AudioBar's USB port.
1 question already asked