About the Samsung HW-LST70T "The Terrace"
Better sound for your outdoor TV
Samsung's bright and beautiful "The Terrace" TV was an exciting addition to our outdoor TV lineup. But if you want to enjoy top-notch audio quality to match that stunning 4K QLED picture, we suggest pairing it with this matching HW-LST70T sound bar.
Take your movie nights outside with Samsung's "The Terrace" sound bar and TV (sold separately).
Like "The Terrace" TV, the bar is built to withstand extreme temperatures, as well as water and dust. But the bar is also designed and tuned to sound better in those open outdoor spaces, too. Wide-range tweeters and built-in woofers provide a soundstage that is deep and wide, while the dedicated center channel delivers clear dialogue.
Simple to connect
The HW-LST70T comes with the mounting hardware you need to attach it either to your wall or neatly below "The Terrace" TV. Plus, if you're pairing it with "The Terrace," you won't even need the included optical cable because the two can connect using either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth for a super-clean look.
When I'm outside, I'm nearly always enjoying some tunes on a portable speaker. Well, there's no need to worry about charging up and toting out your little battery-powered speaker when you've got the HW-LST70T mounted on your porch or patio. It has Bluetooth built in, so you can easily stream music wirelessly from compatible devices.
- designed to complement Samsung "The Terrace" TVs
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound processing
- dedicated center channel for clear dialogue
- wide-range tweeter creates broad soundstage
- built-in woofers provide deep bass
- Adaptive Sound mode enhances voice clarity at low volumes
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
- IP55 rating for resistance to dust and water
- sound is optimized for outdoor listening
- distortion-canceling technology
Connections and general info:
- connect to compatible Samsung TVs with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- optical digital audio input
- compatible with Samsung SmartThings mobile app
- wall mount kit included
- total system power: 210 watts
- 48-1/8"W x 5-1/2"H x 2-1/4"D
- weight: 14.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HW-LST70T/ZA
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar loudspeaker
- AC power adapter
- Remote control (AH81-12825A)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 58" Optical digital cable
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Top brackets
- 2 Bottom brackets
- 2 Bracket guides
- 2 Screw-holders
- Four M3x10mm screws
- Four M4x10mm screws
- Four M6x10mm screws
- Two M5x50mm screws
- 2 Anchors
- 2 Bolts
- Wall-Mount Guide
- User Manual
Samsung HW-LST70T "The Terrace" reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung HW-LST70T "The Terrace"
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.0|
|Virtual Surround||Surround Mode|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||No|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||210|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||N/A|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||N/A|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Voice Control||Alexa optional|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Samsung only|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.1|
|Bluetooth Audio Playback||Yes|
|Bluetooth Transmitter Mode||No|
|Online Music Sources||via Alexa app|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 b/g/n|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||5-1/2H x 48-1/8W x 2-1/4 D|
|Sound Bar Weight||14.8 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||No Subwoofer|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Weather-Resistant (IP55-Rated): The Samsung Terrace Soundbar HW-LST70T is weather-resistant with an IP55-rating. It withstands water, dust, and extreme temperatures.
Note: The soundbar is only water resistant for light water spray; it is not water proof. It should never be completely submerged in water or exposed to heavy water spray.
Optimized Outdoor Sound: The Terrace Soundbar HW-LST70T is tested and tuned at Samsung's California Audio Lab, where their audio engineers apply advanced acoustic technologies and cutting-edge computer modeling to give it optimized outdoor sound. The Terrace Soundbar provides high-quality audio powerful enough for the outdoors and includes a center channel (3.0CH) for crystal clear dialogue.
3.0 Discrete Channels: The HW-LST70T is a 3-channel soundbar with dedicated left, right, and center channels that can provide virtual surround sound. With a center channel dedicated for the sole purpose of delivering clear dialog, you'll never miss a word of your movie soundtrack. The soundbar consists of seven total drivers; each front left and right channels consists of a single cone woofer and one soft-dome tweeter, while the center channel includes two cone woofers and one wide-range tweeter. The soundbar is powered by a built-in 210 watt amplifier that delivers 45 watts to each woofer and 10 watts to each tweeter.
Sound Technologies: The Terrace Soundbar HW-LST70T utilizes unique Samsung audio technologies to provide you with the best outdoor sound.
- Q-Symphony: Q-Sympphony synchronizes the Samsung Terrace Outdoor TV speakers with the HW-LST70T soundbar speakers for fuller, more immersive, cinematic sound. This feature requires an optical digital connection (not compatible with WiFi or Bluetooth).
- Adaptive Sound: The Terrace Soundbar analyzes your audio content to automatically deliver optimized sound based on each scene, letting you hear speech clearly at the lowest volumes.
- Distortion Cancelling: Distortion Cancelling technology reduces distortion before it happens, for deep bass and dynamic audio.
Sound Modes: You can select between two Sound modes - Surround or Standard.
- Surround: The Surround mode delivers a more realistic and immersive audio experience by adding depth and spaciousness to the movie soundtrack. From nearly any corner of the room, Surround blankets the listening area both sideways and up to screen level for a more immersive surround effect.
- Standard: Select Standard mode if you simply want to enjoy 2ch stereo playback.
Audio Settings: The Samsung HW-LST70T outdoor soundbar provides several audio adjustments to customize your listening experience.
- Bass & Treble: You can independently adjust the bass & trebel level of the outdoor soundbar speaker from -6 to +6 to tailor the sound to your preference.
- AV Sync: AV Sync can be used to help sync video to audio when connected to a TV. Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time to match the video. You can adjust the AV Sync from 0 to 300ms.
Mounting Options: The HW-LST70T outdoor soundbar comes with a mounting kit that allows it to mount directly to the Samsung Terrace outdoor television. It can also be mounted directly to a wall for use with other outdoor televisions.
Note: This soundbar is not designed to be placed on a tabletop, shelf, or piece of furniture. It must be mounted to a compatible Samsung Terrace outdoor television or mounted directly to a wall.
Optical Digital Input: The Samsung Terrace Soundbar is equipped with an optical (toslink) digital input to connect your television. The optical digital input is hidden and protected by a removable cover on the back of the soundbar. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and 2Ch PCM. The optical digital output of some flat-panel TVs only send a Dolby Digital audio signal when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch PCM from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
Note: This soundbar is not equipped with a HDMI or analog input.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Samsung HW-LST70T features built-in Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless connection between the soundbar speaker system and your Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices for wireless music streaming, as well as a wireless connection between the soundbar speaker and Bluetooth A2DP enabled TVs. The Terrace Soundbar's Bluetooth function has a wireless range of approximately 32.8'.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: You can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled devices; like your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the Samsung HW-LST70T and enjoy music with high quality stereo sound, all without wires. The HW-LST70T's remote can be used to control Play/Pause and Skip functions (advanced music navigation is still handled from your Bluetooth source device. The HW-LST70T does not display song/artist information (song/artist info is still viewed on your Bluetooth source device).
- Wireless TV Connection: You can simplify the installation of the HW-LST70T by eliminating the need for a wired connection between a Bluetooth-enabled TV and the soundbar. Simply plug the soundbar and the subwoofer into AC power and follow the simple pairing instructions to wirelessly connect the soundbar to a Bluetooth A2DP enabled TV. When a TV is connected using Bluetooth, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital or DTS). Only one TV can be paired and connected at a time.
- This system does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Samsung HW-LST70T.
Dual-Band WiFi: The Samsung HW-LST70T features a 2.4GHz/5GHz dual-band wireless (WiFi 802.11b/g/n) network connection which allows you to wirelessly connect to a compatible Samsung TV that also supports a WiFi connection. When your compatible Samsung TV is connected using WiFi, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital or DTS).
Alexa Music Services: The Samsung HW-LST70T's WiFi connection also allows you to connect an Alexa-enabled device for hands-free access and voice control of select online music services. Connecting an Amazon Alexa device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music, Apple Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Tidal, Spotify Connect, and more. You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes, Google Play Music, and more to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music through the Samsung soundbar system. Simply ask for your favorite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you.
- WiFi setup will be done using the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) on your compatible mobile device.
- You'll also need to download the Amazon Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device.
- The HW-LST70T is limited to music functionality only through Amazon Alexa. Other services provided by Amazon (such as news and weather) can only be accessed through your Amazon Alexa device's speaker.
Note: The system is not equipped with an Ethernet jack for a hardwired network connection.
AC Power Adapter: The Samsung HW-LST70T comes with an outdoor rated AC power adapter with an attached 9.5' DC cord that plugs into the back of the soundbar and an attached 57" AC cord that plugs into an outdoor rated AC power outlet or outdoor rated surge protector (sold separately). You'll need to remove the protective cover on the back of the soundbar to access its power port. The AC power adapter can be placed on a shelf or other flat mounting surface. It can also be wall-mounted using its integrated keyhole slots (moutning screws sold separately).
Note: The AC power adapter is large and measures 12.75" (w) x 2.0" (h) x 4.0" (d).
Optional Amazon Alexa Voice Control: Use Amazon Alexa and an Amazon Echo device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to control the soundbar system with your voice. You can ask Alexa to turn on/off the system, change the input source, select an online music service, set the volume level, mute the volume, and stop playback. The Amazon Alexa Voice control features requires that the Samsung soundbar be connected to your home's WiFi network router and internet service provider.
- You'll need to download the Amazon Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device.
- In the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+), you will need to change the Soundbar's name to one that can be recognized by your Amazon Echo device.
Note: The HW-LST70T does not feature its own built-in microphone. You'll need a separate Amazon Alexa enabled device (sold separately) to utilize the system's Alexa voice control functions.
SmartThings App: Use the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to turn your compatible smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the HW-LST70T system. You can also use the app to access internet radio and select online music services, as well as music libraries on your Apple iOS or Android device. In addition, the SmartThings app is used to connect the HW-LST70Tsystem to your WiFi network and enable Amazon Alexa compatibility with an Amazon Echo device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). Firmware & software updates are alsp done through the SmartThings app.
Remote Control: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Samsung HW-LST70T system. There are also bottom-panel controls (including Power, Source, and Volume) on the soundbar speaker. The included remote is also weather, water, and dust resistant. When the HW-LST70T system is connected to a Samsung Smart TV (released in 2017 or later), the soundbar can be controlled using the TV's remote control. This function also allows you to use the TV menu to adjust the soundfield and various settings, as well as the volume and mute.
Auto Power On/Off: The Samsung HW-LST70T soundbar system offers Auto Power On/Off functionality.
- Power Link (Auto On): The wireless audio soundbar system is automatically turned on when you turn on your TV or any device connected to the wireless audio soundbar system with an optical cable.
- Bluetooth Power On: If a previously paired Bluetooth device (including a Samsung SoundConnect compatible TV) tries to pair with the soundbar when the Bluetooth Power On function is activated and the soundbar is turned off, the soundbar turns on automatically.
- Auto Off: If a TV or any device connected to the HW-LST70T soundbar system is off and there is no audio signal, the soundbar system will turn off after 5 minutes.
4 questions already asked