About the Samsung HW-Q600A
A cinematic home experience
Acoustic Beam ports track and sync sounds with the action on-screen.
A cinematic home experience
The Samsung HW-Q600A delivers a spacious soundstage with immersive up-firing effects that help bring home the joy of cinema. The flute-like sound ports on the top of the bar help track individual sounds, directing them so they accurately line up with what's happening on-screen. When combined with the bar's Dolby Atmos processing, these "Acoustic Beams" also allow sound effects to cascade down from your ceiling. And the powerful subwoofer helps you feel the rumble with movie and TV soundtracks.
Made to work together
If you have a Samsung QLED TV, you'll benefit from a complementary design and simplified setup. You can control and adjust the settings for both the TV and the sound bar with the Samsung TV's remote.
Samsung's Q-Symphony feature takes this a step further by integrating the sound bar's audio with compatible Samsung TVs. Once they're synced together with a wired connection, the speakers in the TV and sound bar will work in harmony to create a more enveloping experience.
4K and HDR pass-through
The bar's HDMI connections allow 4K video passthrough with support for HDR10 and HDR10+ (High Dynamic Range), so you'll be able to maintain a high-contrast Ultra HD picture from your Blu-ray player or video game console through to your TV.
Catch the quiet moments
Quiet conversations can sometimes get lost in the mix of a movie's soundtrack. We've all strained our ears at some point to catch important lines. The HW-Q600A has a dedicated center channel to improve dialogue clarity, and its Smart Mode analyzes the program's audio signal to make dialogue easier to hear.
The included subwoofer adds punch to the low end, and it's slim and wireless for easy placement. You can also increase your movie-night drama by adding the optional Samsung SWA-9100S wireless surround speaker kit (sold separately). The speakers connect wirelessly to the sound bar, so you only need to plug in to an AC outlet instead of running speaker wire across your room.
Connect with Bluetooth
The HW-Q600A's built-in Bluetooth can wirelessly stream your favorite tunes from your phone directly to the sound bar. If you're looking to minimize cord clutter, you can also use the sound bar's Bluetooth to receive a stereo signal from a compatible Samsung TV.
Play your favorite songs with just a tap
Have you ever wanted to just "boop" your phone into a speaker and have it magically play your favorite playlist? It seems like science fiction, but that's exactly what the HW-Q600A allows you to do with compatible Samsung mobile devices (requires Android™ OS 8.1 and higher). Welcome to the future.
Game Pro Mode automatically tunes directional sounds to match the game space, including overhead effects, so you don't miss important audio cues while you play. This helps keep you competitive and makes your playing sessions more immersive.
- sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- delivers 3.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- designed to complement Samsung QLED TVs
- Q-Symphony feature allows bar to synchronize with select Samsung QLED TVs to create a fuller soundstage
- add the optional Samsung SWA-9100S wireless speaker kit for true surround sound
- 8 drivers powered by a 200-watt amplifier
- dedicated center channel for clear dialogue
- up-firing drivers for overhead effects
- Acoustic Beam technology helps deliver panoramic sound synced to the on-screen action
- Adaptive Sound optimizes your sound settings based on each scene of the content you're watching, keeping voices clear even at low volumes
- Game Pro Mode adjusts your audio settings to improve directionality, helping you keep track of important sound cues
- built-in Dolby® decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos
- supports DTS Digital Surround and DTS:X
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- 38-5/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 4-1/8"D
- weight: 7.6 lbs.
- 160-watt built-in amplifier
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure delivers powerful bass response
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 8-1/8"W x 13-15/16"H x 11-15/16"D
- weight: 12.7 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output
- supports Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- 4K video passthrough with support for HDR10 and HDR10+
- USB port for audio playback from a thumb drive
- optical digital audio input
- wall mount kit included
- One Remote function lets you control sound bar with your Samsung TV's remote
- connect to compatible Samsung TVs with Bluetooth
- includes remote control
- total system power: 360 watts
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HW-Q600A/ZA
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (HW-Q600A)
- Wireless powered sub (PS-WA67B)
- AC power adapter (attched 58" DC cord)
- Two 5' AC power cords
- 59" HDMI cable
- Remote control (AH59-2767A)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screw-holders
- 2 Screws
- 4 Self-adhesive pads
- Wall-Mount Guide
- User Manual
- Remote/Wall-Mount Instructions
Samsung HW-Q600A reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung HW-Q600A
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.1.2|
|Virtual Surround||3D Surorund|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Subwoofer Driver||6" Cone|
|Enclosure||Sealed (bar),Ported (sub)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||200|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||160|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4k|
|HDR Video Compatible||Yes|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-5/16H x 38-5/8W x 4-3/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||7.5 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||13-15/16H x 8-1/8W x 12-3/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||12.8 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The HW-Q600A is a 3.1.2ch active soundbar speaker with dedicated front, center, and height channels so you get sound that virtually moves and flows all around you for a captivating, three-dimensional audio experience. The soundbar consists of 8 total drivers and a built-in 200 watt amplifier (30W x 6 + 10W x 2).
- Dedicated Center & Dolby Atmos Channels: The soundbar's dedicated center channel section keeps dialog crystal clear, so you can hear every word during a movie soundtrack; while the dedicated upward firing channels provide immersive "overhead" effects for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
- Acoustic Beam Technology: Experience panoramic sound with Samsung's innovative Acoustic Beam technology. Samsung's Acoustic Beam technology mixes and delivers the sound via a set of precisely placed openings at the top of the soundbar, so sound appears to come from where the action is happening on screen. The sound will travel in sync with the motion on the screen, making you feel part of the action.
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered sub receives its low-frequency audio signal wirelessly from the soundbar via 2.4GHz transmission. There are no cords to connect, except the AC power cord. The wireless powered sub features a front-firing 6" woofer inside a bass-reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. The woofer is powered by a built-in 160 watt amplifier.
Immersive Surround Sound: The Samsung HW-Q600A is capable of delivering up to 3.1.2-channel surround for Dolby Atmos & DTS:X. It also supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), Dolby Digital Plus (7.1ch), Dolby TrueHD (7.1ch), and DTS (5.1ch).
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. Rather than being constrained to channels, sounds exist as individual entities that are precisely placed and moved in three-dimensional space. A new sensation of height immerses you in the action, creating a full audio atmosphere and realistically depicting objects moving overhead. Dolby Atmos renders everything from dialogue to quiet scenes to whirlwind action with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth. It all comes together in sound that excites your senses and inspires your emotions to deliver the full impact of entertainment.
- DTS:X: DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X is only supported via the soundbar's HDMI input and HDMI eARC output. Your connected HDMI source device must also support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. In addition, the movie or music video must have a Dolby Atmos or DTS:X soundtrack.
- Only the soundbar's HDMI input (not HDMI out ARC) supports Dolby TrueHD.
- The HW-Q600A does not support Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization or DTS Virtual:X.
Sound Modes: The Samsung HW-Q600A soundbar speaker system offers four different sound modes that can be used with a variety of content.
- Adaptive Sound: The Q600A soundbar analyzes the sound signal to automatically deliver optimized sound based on each scene. Adaptive Sound lets you hear voices clearly at the lowest volumes, so even the most quiet conversations are heard.
- 3D Surround: The 3D Surround mode delivers a more realistic and immersive audio experience by adding depth and spaciousness to the movie soundtrack. From nearly any corner of the room, the 3D Surround mode blankets the listening area both sideways and up to screen level for a more immersive surround effect.
- Game Pro: Connect your gaming console (Xbox one, PS4, Nintendo Switch) and compatible Samsung QLED TV to the Sasmsung Q-Series soundbar to boost your gaming experience. Game Pro Mode delivers optimize sound, while offering clear directional sound to gain the advantage.
- Stereo: Select Standard mode if you simply want to enjoy 2ch stereo playback.
Q-Symphony: Q-Sympphony synchronizes select 2020-2021 Samsung QLED TV speakers with the Q-Series soundbar speakers for fuller, more immersive, cinematic sound. This feature requires an HDMI or optical digital connection (not compatible with Bluetooth). Compatible 2020-2021 Samsung QLED TVs include the
- Compatible 2021 TV Models: Q60, Q70, Q80, Q85, Q90, Q800, Q900, Q950, and Frame TV series.
- Compatible 2020 TV Models: Q80T, Q90T, Q800T, Q900T, and Q950T series.
Audio Settings: The Samsung HW-Q600A soundbar system provides various audio adjustments to customize your listening experience.
- AV Sync: AV Sync can be used to help sync video to audio when connected to a TV. Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time to match the video. You can adjust the AV Sync from 0 to 300ms.
- Equalizer: You can independently adjust the system's Bass & Treble (-6 to +6), or you can go a step further and adjust the system's 7-band EQ (150, 300, 600, 1.2k, 2.5k, 5.0k, 10.0k Hz) from -6 to +6.
- Channel Level: You can independently adjust the volume level of the center, top and subwoofer channels from -6 to +6.
- DRC (Dynamic Range Control): A Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range is compressed making it easier to hear at lower volume levels.
Optional Wireless Surround Kit: The optional SWA-9100S Wireless Surround Kit (sold separately) lets you add rear speakers to the HW-Q600A soundbar system without all the wires. Together with the HW-Q600A, you can create a 5.1.2 channel system for a truely immersive Dolby Atmos/DTS:X surround sound experience. The SWA-9100S Wireless Surround Kit consists of a wireless receiver module and two rear speakers. The wireless receiver module receives a wireless audio signal from the HW-Q600A soundbar, so you don't have to run speaker wire from the soundbar to the rear speakers. The wireless receiver module does have to connect to an AC wall outlet via its power cord and to the rear speakers via two speaker cables.
Mounting Options: The slim, compact Samsung HW-Q600A's soundbar can be mounted on the wall with the included wall-mount brackets (wall screws not supplied) or simply placed on a table-top. The wireless powered subwoofer can be positioned anywhere in the room (up to 32.8' away from soundbar) to achieve maximum audio performance.
HDMI 2.0b: The Samsung HW-Q600A's soundbar is outfitted with one HDMI 2.0b input and one HDMI 2.0b output (ARC compatible). The HDMI input allows you to connect your Ultra-HD Blu-ray player or cable/satellite box directly to the soundbar and then from its HDMI ARC output to your flat-panel TV. The HDMI input and output support 4K Pass-Through, HDR, 3D video, and ARC.
- 4K + HDCP 2.2: The soundbar's HDMI 2.0b input and output support 4K ultra-HD video; as well as 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p video. The soundbar's HDMI input and output also support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video: HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. This system supports HDR10 and HDR10+; not compatible with HLG or Dolby Vision HDR formats.
- 3D Ready: The HW-Q600A can pass through 3D video (up to 1080p) from 3D-ready Blu-ray players to 3D-ready TVs, via HDMI. You will also need compatible 3D-ready glasses and 3D-video content.
ARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): The soundbar can connect to your TV via HDMI HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel). The Soundbar is capable of sending Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, and DTS:X via its HDMI ARC jack. The ARC connection does not support Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD.
- Because this soundbar is only ARC compatible and does not support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel), Dolby Atmos and DTS:X is limited to a compressed format (not fully uncomprossed).
- With some televisions the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player and Satellite/Cable box to the soundbar directly; and then connect the soundbar's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you the best overall sound performance.
Optical Digital Input: The Samsung HW-Q600A's soundbar is equipped with an optical (toslink) digital input to connect your television, Blu-ray/DVD player, or satellite/cable box. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and 2Ch PCM. The optical digital output of some flat-panel TVs only send a Dolby Digital audio signal when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch PCM from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- The optical digital input does not offer support for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby Digital Plus, or Dolby TrueHD.
- The HW-Q600A is not equipped with an analog audio input.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Samsung HW-Q600A features built-in Bluetooth for wireless connection between the soundbar speaker system and your Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices for wireless music streaming, as well as a wireless connection between the soundbar speaker and Bluetooth A2DP enabled TVs. The HW-Q600A's Bluetooth function has a wireless range of approximately 32.8'.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: You can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled devices; like your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the Samsung HW-Q600A and enjoy music with high quality stereo sound, all without wires. You can even connect two different Bluetooth source devices at the same time and seamlessly switch between both devices. SBC and AAC Bluetooth codecs are supported. The HW-Q600A's remote can be used to control Play/Pause and Skip functions (advanced music navigation is still handled from your Bluetooth source device. The HW-Q600A does not display song/artist information (song/artist info is still viewed on your Bluetooth source device).
- Wireless TV Connection: You can simplify the installation of the HW-Q600A by eliminating the need for a wired connection between a Bluetooth-enabled TV and the soundbar. Simply plug the soundbar and the subwoofer into AC power and follow the simple pairing instructions to wirelessly connect the soundbar to a Bluetooth A2DP enabled TV. When a TV is connected using Bluetooth, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital or DTS). Only one TV can be paired and connected at a time.
Note: This system does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
Power Requirements: The active soundbar speaker and the wireless powered subwoofer will both have to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The active soundbar includes an AC power adapter with an attached 58" DC cord and detachable 5' AC power cord. The wireless powered sub includes a detachable 5' AC power cord.
Remote & Top-Panel Controls: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Samsung HW-Q600A system. There are also top-panel controls (including Power, Source, and Volume) on the soundbar speaker.
TV Remote Control: When the HW-Q600A system is connected to a Samsung Smart TV (released in 2017 or later), the soundbar can be controlled using the TV's remote control. This function also allows you to use the TV menu to adjust the soundfield and various settings, as well as the volume and mute. You can also program Sony, LG, Vizio, Sharp, Panasonic, and Toshiba TV remotes to control Power/On Off, Volume Up/Down, and Mute functions of the HW-Q600A soundbar system.
Auto Power On/Off: The Samsung HW-Q600A soundbar system offers Auto Power On/Off functionality.
- Power Link (Auto On): The wireless audio soundbar system is automatically turned on when you turn on your TV or any device connected to the wireless audio soundbar system with an optical cable.
- Bluetooth Power On: If a previously paired Bluetooth device (including a Samsung SoundConnect compatible TV) tries to pair with the soundbar when the Bluetooth Power On function is activated and the soundbar is turned off, the soundbar turns on automatically.
- Auto Off: If a TV or any device connected to the HW-Q600A soundbar system is off and there is no audio signal, the soundbar system will turn off after 5 minutes.
The Samsung HW-Q600A replaces these items
- sound bar and wireless powered sub designed to complement Samsung QLED TVs
- up-firing drivers and support for DTS Virtual:X help deliver panoramic sound
- Q-Symphony feature allows bar to synchronize with select 2020 QLED TVs to create a fuller soundstage
2 questions already asked