About the Samsung HW-Q600B
Simple and cinematic
The Samsung HW-Q600B delivers spacious Dolby Atmos sound and makes a perfect match for a QLED TV.
Simple and cinematic
The Samsung HW-Q600B is easy to set up and helps make movie night more cinematic with enveloping Dolby Atmos sound. The included subwoofer adds immersive impact to match the on-screen action. The bar's slim profile fits under most TVs, and the compact subwoofer connects wirelessly for easy placement. (Just remember, you'll need to plug it into an AC outlet.)
Atmos with Acoustic Beam technology
This system creates a wide soundstage enhanced by up-firing "Acoustic Beams." The flute-like sound ports on the top of the bar help track individual sounds, directing them so they accurately line up with what's happening on your TV. When combined with the bar's Dolby Atmos processing, these beams produce detailed overhead sound effects that feel like they're coming from above you.
Samsung designed this bar to work seamlessly with their impressive QLED TVs, letting you control and adjust the settings for both the TV and the sound bar with the Samsung TV's remote. And Samsung's Q-Symphony feature lets the sound bar and your compatible TV's speakers play together for even bigger sound. (Q-Symphony requires a wired connection between the bar and TV.)
Acoustic Beam ports track sounds to match the on-screen action.
The HW-Q600B has a dedicated center channel to make quiet conversations easier to hear. And it features smart processing that can optimize your sound settings based on each scene you watch, keeping voices intelligible even at low volumes.
4K and HDR pass-through
The HDMI connections on the bar allow 4K video passthrough and support HDR10 and HDR10+ (High Dynamic Range). This makes sure you're maintaining the high-contrast Ultra HD signal from a connected Blu-ray player or gaming console all the way to your TV.
Clear audio cues are key for competitive, immersive gaming. The HW-600B's Game Pro Mode automatically tracks directional sounds to match what's happening in the game world, including overhead effects, for a smooth gaming experience.
Bluetooth with just a tap
The HW-Q600B's built-in Bluetooth can wirelessly stream your favorite tunes directly from your phone. If you use a Samsung phone, you can just tap it on the bar to start casting audio (requires Android™ OS 8.1 and higher and the SmartThings app). If you're looking to minimize cord clutter, you can even use the sound bar's Bluetooth to receive a stereo audio signal from a compatible Samsung TV.
Expand your system wirelessly
You can increase your movie-night drama with true wraparound sound effects by adding an optional wireless surround speaker kit, either Samsung SWA-9100S or SWA-9500S (both sold separately). These kits connect wirelessly to the sound bar, so you only need to plug in to an AC outlet instead of running speaker wire across your room.
- sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- delivers 3.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- designed to complement Samsung QLED TVs
- Q-Symphony feature allows bar to synchronize with select Samsung TVs to create a fuller soundstage
- add the optional Samsung SWA-9100S or SWA-9500S wireless surround speaker kit (sold separately)
- 8 drivers powered by a 200-watt amplifier
- dedicated center channel for clear dialogue
- up-firing drivers for overhead effects
- Acoustic Beam technology helps deliver panoramic sound synced to the on-screen action
- Adaptive Sound optimizes your sound settings based on each scene of the content you're watching, keeping voices clear even at low volumes
- Game Pro Mode adjusts your audio settings to improve directionality, helping you keep track of important sound cues
- built-in Dolby® decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos
- supports DTS Digital Surround and DTS:X
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Bluetooth Multi Connection allows two devices to be connected simultaneously for more convenient music streaming
- 40-5/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 4-3/16"D
- weight: 8.4 lbs.
- 6" woofer
- 160-watt built-in amplifier
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure delivers powerful bass response
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 7-5/16"W x 13-9/16"H x 11-15/16"D
- weight: 12.1 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output
- supports enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- 4K video passthrough with support for HDR10 and HDR10+
- USB port for audio playback from a thumb drive
- optical digital audio input
- wall mount kit included
- One Remote function lets you control sound bar with your Samsung TV's remote
- connect to compatible Samsung TVs with Bluetooth
- includes remote control
- total system power: 360 watts
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HW-Q600B/ZA
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (HW-Q600B)
- Wireless powered sub (PS-WB67B)
- AC power adapter (attched 58" DC cord)
- Two 5' AC power cords
- 59" HDMI cable
- Remote control (AH61-15047A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screw-holders
- 2 Screws
- Wall-Mount Guide
- User Manual
- Remote/Wall-Mount Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung HW-Q600B
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.1.2|
|Virtual Surround||3D Surorund|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Subwoofer Driver||6" Cone|
|Enclosure||Sealed (bar),Ported (sub)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||200|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||160|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4k|
|HDR Video Compatible||Yes|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Bluetooth Audio Playback||Yes|
|Bluetooth Transmitter Mode||No|
|Online Music Sources||None|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-5/16H x 40-5/8W x 4-3/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||8.4 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||13-9/16H x 7-5/16W x 11-15/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||12.1 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The HW-Q600B is a 3.1.2ch active soundbar speaker with dedicated front, center, and height channels so you get sound that virtually moves and flows all around you for a captivating, three-dimensional audio experience. The soundbar consists of 8 total drivers and a built-in 200 watt amplifier.
- Dedicated Center & Height Channels: The soundbar's dedicated center channel section keeps dialog crystal clear, so you can hear every word during a movie soundtrack; while the dedicated upward firing channels provide immersive "overhead" effects for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
- Acoustic Beam Technology: Experience panoramic sound with Samsung's innovative Acoustic Beam technology. Samsung's Acoustic Beam technology mixes and delivers the sound via a set of precisely placed openings at the top of the soundbar, so sound appears to come from where the action is happening on screen. The sound will travel in sync with the motion on the screen, making you feel part of the action.
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered sub receives its low-frequency audio signal wirelessly from the soundbar via 2.4GHz transmission. There are no cords to connect, except the AC power cord. The wireless powered sub features a front-firing 6" woofer inside a bass-reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. The woofer is powered by a built-in 160 watt amplifier.
Immersive Surround Sound: The Samsung HW-Q600B is capable of delivering up to 3.1.2-channel surround for Dolby Atmos & DTS:X. It also supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), Dolby Digital Plus (7.1ch), Dolby TrueHD (7.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), DTS-HD (7.1ch), DTS-HDMA (7.1ch), and DTS-ES (6.1ch).
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. Rather than being constrained to channels, sounds exist as individual entities that are precisely placed and moved in three-dimensional space. A new sensation of height immerses you in the action, creating a full audio atmosphere and realistically depicting objects moving overhead. Dolby Atmos renders everything from dialogue to quiet scenes to whirlwind action with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth. It all comes together in sound that excites your senses and inspires your emotions to deliver the full impact of entertainment.
- DTS:X: DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
- Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, and DTS-HDMA are only supported via the soundbar's HDMI input and HDMI eARC output.
- Your connected HDMI source device must also support the above listed Dolby and DTS surround formats.
- In addition, the movie or music soundtrack must be recorded in one of the Dobly or DTS surround formats.
Sound Modes: The Samsung HW-Q600B soundbar speaker system offers four different sound modes that can be used with a variety of content.
- Adaptive Sound: The Q600B soundbar analyzes the sound signal to automatically deliver optimized sound based on each scene. Adaptive Sound lets you hear voices clearly at the lowest volumes, so even the most quiet conversations are heard.
- 3D Surround: The 3D Surround mode delivers a more realistic and immersive audio experience by adding depth and spaciousness to the movie soundtrack. From nearly any corner of the room, the 3D Surround mode blankets the listening area both sideways and up to screen level for a more immersive surround effect.
- Game Pro: Connect your gaming console (Xbox one, PS4, Nintendo Switch) and compatible Samsung QLED TV to the Sasmsung Q-Series soundbar to boost your gaming experience. Game Pro Mode delivers optimized sound, while offering clear directional sound to gain the advantage.
- Stereo: Select Standard mode if you simply want to enjoy 2ch stereo playback.
Q-Symphony: Q-Symphony synchronizes select 2021-2022 Samsung QLED TV speakers with the Q-Series soundbar speakers for fuller, more immersive, cinematic sound. This feature requires an HDMI or optical digital connection (not compatible with Bluetooth). Compatible 2021-2022 Samsung QLED TVs include the
- Compatible 2021 TV Models: Q60A, Q70A, Q80A, Q85A, Q90A, Q800A, Q900A, and Frame TV series.
- Compatible 2022 TV Models: Q60B, Q70B, Q80B, Q85B, Q90B, Q800B, Q900B, and Frame TV Series.
Audio Settings: The Samsung HW-Q600B soundbar system provides various audio adjustments to customize your listening experience.
- Voice Enhance: Voice Enhance amplifies dialog and vocals in movie and music soundtracks so they can heard better over sound effects and instruments.
- Night Mode: Night Mode compresses the dynamic range of the movie or music soundtrack, so there is less volume difference between soft and loud passages when watching late at night.
- Bass & Treble: You can adjust the soundbar's Bass & Treble from - to +6 to tailer the sound more to your preference.
- Channel Level: You can independently adjust the volume level of the center, top and subwoofer channels from -6 to +6.
- AV Sync: AV Sync can be used to help sync video to audio when connected to a TV. Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time to match the video. You can adjust the AV Sync from 0 to 300ms.
Optional Wireless Surround Kit: The optional SWA-9100S or SWA-9200S Wireless Surround Kit (sold separately) lets you add rear speakers to the HW-Q600B soundbar system without all the wires. Together with the HW-Q600B, you can create a 5.1.2 channel system for a truely immersive Dolby Atmos/DTS:X surround sound experience. The Wireless Surround Kit consists of a wireless receiver module and two rear speakers. The wireless receiver module receives a wireless audio signal from the HW-Q600B soundbar, so you don't have to run speaker wire from the soundbar to the rear speakers. The wireless receiver module does have to connect to an AC wall outlet via its power cord and to the rear speakers via two speaker cables.
Mounting Options: The slim, compact Samsung HW-Q600B's soundbar can be mounted on the wall with the included wall-mount brackets (wall screws not supplied) or simply placed on a table-top. The wireless powered subwoofer can be positioned anywhere in the room (up to 32.8' away from soundbar) to achieve maximum audio performance.
HDMI 2.0b: The Samsung HW-Q600B's soundbar is outfitted with one HDMI 2.0b input and one HDMI 2.0b output (eARC compatible). The HDMI input allows you to connect your Ultra-HD Blu-ray player or cable/satellite box directly to the soundbar and then from its HDMI ARC output to your flat-panel TV. The HDMI input and output support 4K Pass-Through, HCDP 2.2, HDR,and ARC.
- 4K Passthrough: The soundbar's HDMI 2.0b input and output support 4K ultra-HD video; as well as 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p video.
- HDCP 2.2 Compliant: The soundbar's HDMI input and output also support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- HDR Video: HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. This system supports HDR10 and HDR10+; not compatible with HLG or Dolby Vision HDR formats. .
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): eARC stands for enhanced Audio Return Channel and supports high-resolution, multichannel sound signals, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, to be passed through your TV to the Samsung Q-Series soundbar speaker system. If you connect to a TV with eARC, you can enjoy Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, DTS-HD, and DTS-HDMA through the Samsung Q-Series soundbar.
- If you connect to a TV that only supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), the soundbar's HDMI eARC jack will be limited to DTS, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Digital Plus.
- In some cases you may be able to get Dolby Atmos, if the TV offers Dolby Atmos via Dolby Digital Plus through its HDMI ARC jack.
Optical Digital Input: The Samsung HW-Q600B's soundbar is equipped with an optical (toslink) digital input to connect your television, Blu-ray/DVD player, or satellite/cable box. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and 2Ch PCM. The optical digital output of some flat-panel TVs only send a Dolby Digital audio signal when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch PCM from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- The optical digital input does not offer support for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, or DTS-HDMA.
- The HW-Q600B is not equipped with an analog audio input.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Samsung HW-Q600B features built-in Bluetooth for wireless connection between the soundbar speaker system and your Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices for wireless music streaming, as well as a wireless connection between the soundbar speaker and Bluetooth A2DP enabled TVs. The HW-Q600B's Bluetooth function has a wireless range of approximately 32.8'.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: You can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled devices; like your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the Samsung HW-Q600B and enjoy music with high quality stereo sound, all without wires. You can even connect two different Bluetooth source devices at the same time and seamlessly switch between both devices. SBC and AAC Bluetooth codecs are supported. The HW-Q600B's remote can be used to control Play/Pause and Skip functions (advanced music navigation is still handled from your Bluetooth source device. The HW-Q600B does not display song/artist information (song/artist info is still viewed on your Bluetooth source device).
- Wireless TV Connection: You can simplify the installation of the HW-Q600B by eliminating the need for a wired connection between a Bluetooth-enabled TV and the soundbar. Simply plug the soundbar and the subwoofer into AC power and follow the simple pairing instructions to wirelessly connect the soundbar to a Bluetooth A2DP enabled TV. When a TV is connected using Bluetooth, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital or DTS). Only one TV can be paired and connected at a time.
- Tap Sound (For Android): Tap Sound automatically connects your compatible Android mobile device to the soundbar via Bluetooth. Simply tap the top of the HW-Q600B soundbar with your compatible Samsung mobile device to play audio from your mobile device through the Soundbar.The Tap Sound feature must be setup within the SmartThings App on your compatible Android mobile device. Tap sound is only compatible with select Samsung mobile devices with Android OS 8.1 and above (not compatibel with Apple iOS and other mobile devices).
USB Port: You can connect and play music files from external USB mass storage class devices (such as a USB thumbdrive) using the soundbar's rear-panel USB-A port. The HW-Q600B supports playback of a variety of music files (including Hi-Res) loaded onto a compatible USB device formatted in FAT16/32. You can control basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat. The system will also charge (5V/0.5A) your connected USB device. Compatible music files include -
- AAC: 32-48kHz; 32-320kbps
- AIFF: 32-192kHz; 1024-9216kbps
- FLAC: 32-192kHz; 162-8100kbps
- MP3: 8-48kHz; 8-320kbps
- OGG: 32-48kHz; 32-320kbps
- WAV: 32-192kHz; 1024-9216kbps
- WMA: 32-48kHz; 32-320kbps
Note: The USB port does not support USB hubs, card-readers, computers, Apple iOS devices, or Android devices.
Power Requirements: The active soundbar speaker and the wireless powered subwoofer will both have to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The active soundbar includes an AC power adapter with an attached 58" DC cord and detachable 5' AC power cord. The wireless powered sub includes a detachable 5' AC power cord.
Remote & Top-Panel Controls: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Samsung HW-Q600B system. There are also top-panel controls (including Power, Source, and Volume) on the soundbar speaker.
TV Remote Control: When the HW-Q600B system is connected to a Samsung Smart TV (released in 2017 or later), the soundbar can be controlled using the TV's remote control. This function also allows you to use the TV menu to adjust the soundfield and various settings, as well as the volume and mute. You can also program Sony, LG, Vizio, Sharp, Panasonic, and Toshiba TV remotes to control Power/On Off, Volume Up/Down, and Mute functions of the HW-Q600B soundbar system.
Auto Power On/Off: The Samsung HW-Q600B soundbar system offers Auto Power On/Off functionality.
- Power Link (Auto On): The wireless audio soundbar system is automatically turned on when you turn on your TV or any device connected to the wireless audio soundbar system with an optical cable.
- Bluetooth Power On: If a previously paired Bluetooth device (including a Samsung SoundConnect compatible TV) tries to pair with the soundbar when the Bluetooth Power On function is activated and the soundbar is turned off, the soundbar turns on automatically.
- Auto Off: If a TV or any device connected to the HW-Q600B soundbar system is off and there is no audio signal, the soundbar system will turn off after 5 minutes.
The Samsung HW-Q600B replaces these items
- sound bar and wireless powered sub designed to complement Samsung QLED TVs
- up-firing drivers and support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X help deliver panoramic sound
- Acoustic Beam technology helps deliver panoramic sound synced to the on-screen action