- sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- delivers 5.1-channel sound
- designed to complement Samsung QLED TVs
- add optional Samsung SWA-8500S wireless speaker kit for true surround sound
- Q-Symphony feature allows bar to synchronize with select Samsung QLED TVs to create a fuller soundstage:
- DTS Virtual:X digital sound processing
- emulates object-based surround sound like DTS:X and Dolby Atmos
- simulated surround and height-channel speakers create a spacious, lively soundstage
- dedicated center channel for clear dialogue
- up-firing drivers for overhead effects
- Acoustic Beam technology helps deliver panoramic sound synced to the on-screen action
- Adaptive Sound mode enhances voice clarity at low volumes
- Game Mode Pro boosts game sound effects
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Bluetooth Multi-Connection allows two devices to be connected for more convenient music streaming
- 38-5/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 4-1/8"D
- weight: 7.5 lbs.
- 6-1/2" woofer
- 160-watt built-in amplifier
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure delivers powerful bass response
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 8-1/8"W x 13-15/16"H x 12-3/8"D
- weight: 13.7 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output
- supports Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- HDR and 4K video pass-through via HDMI
- optical digital audio input
- compatible with Samsung SmartThings mobile app
- wall mount kit included
- Anynet (HDMI-CEC) function lets you control sound bar with your Samsung TV's remote
- connect to compatible Samsung TVs with Bluetooth
- total system power: 360 watts
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HW-Q60T/ZA
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (HW-Q60T)
- Wireless powered sub (PS-WR65BB)
- AC power adapter (attched 58" DC cord)
- Two 5' AC power cords
- 59" HDMI cable
- Remote control (AH59-2767A)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screw-holders
- 2 Screws
- Wall-Mount Guide
- User Manual
Samsung HW-Q60T reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung HW-Q60T
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||5.1|
|Virtual Surround||3D Surorund|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Subwoofer Driver||6.5" Cone|
|Enclosure||Sealed (bar),Ported (sub)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||200|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||160|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4k|
|HDR Video Compatible||Yes|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.2|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-5/16H x 38-5/8W x 4-1/8D|
|Sound Bar Weight||7.5 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||13-15/16H x 8-1/8W x 12-3/8D|
|Subwoofer Weight||13.7 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The HW-Q60T's active soundbar speaker has been designed, tested, and tuned at Samsung's state-of-the-art California Audio Lab, where audio engineers apply advanced acoustic technologies and cutting-edge computer modeling to deliver perfectly balanced, room-filling sound. The the Q-Series soundbar houses eight total drivers powered by a built-in 200W amplifier. With drivers dedicated to the soundbar's center and surround channels, you'll here clear dialog and virtual surround.
- DTS Virtual:X: The Samsung HW-Q60T soundbar system employs decoders compatible with Dolby Digital (5.1ch) & DTS (5.1ch), plus offers DTS Virtual X surround. DTS Virtual:X uses proprietary audio processing techniques inside the soundbar to create spacious 3D sound (including the sensation of height) from any content, and without the need for in-ceiling or upward-firing speakers. You'll enjoy a wider, higher, more immersive audio experience from your favorite TV shows, movies, music, and sports.
- Acoustic Beam Technology: Experience panoramic sound with Samsung's innovative Acoustic Beam technology. Samsung's Acoustic Beam technology mixes and delivers the sound via a set of precisely placed openings at the top of the soundbar, so sound appears to come whre the action is happening on screen. The sound will travel in sync with the motion on the screen, making you feel part of the action.
- This soundbar does not have dedicated upward firing drivers. When DTS Virtual:X is activated, the HW-Q60T uses Samsung's Acoustic Beam Technology to direct sound from its front and surround channel drivers upward. The soundbar is limited to 3.1ch in DTS Virtual:X mode.
- When listening in standard Dolby Digital or DTS mode, the soundbar is capabable of supporting 5.1ch surround.
- The Samsung HW-Q60T does not support native Dolby Atmos and DTS:X movie and music soundtracks.
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered sub receives its low-frequency audio signal wirelessly from the soundbar via 2.4GHz transmission. There are no cords to connect, except the AC power cord. The wireless powered sub features a side-firing 6.5" woofer inside a bass-reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. The woofer is powered by a built-in 160 watt amplifier.
Sound Modes: The Samsung HW-Q60T soundbar speaker system offers four different sound modes that can be used with a variety of content.
- Adaptive Sound: The Q60T soundbar analyzes the sound signal to automatically deliver optimized sound based on each scene. Adaptive Sound lets you hear voices clearly at the lowest volumes, so even the most quiet conversations are heard.
- 3D Surround: The 3D Surround mode delivers a more realistic and immersive audio experience by adding depth and spaciousness to the movie soundtrack. From nearly any corner of the room, the 3D Surround mode blankets the listening area both sideways and up to screen level for a more immersive surround effect.
- Game Pro: Connect your gaming console (Xbox one, PS4, Nintendo Switch) and compatible Samsung QLED TV to the Sasmsung Q-Series soundbar to boost your gaming experience. Game Pro Mode delivers optimize sound, while offering clear directional sound to gain the advantage.
- Stereo: Select Standard mode if you simply want to enjoy 2ch stereo playback.
Audio Settings: The Samsung HW-Q60T soundbar system provides various audio adjustments to customize your listening experience.
- Q-Symphony: Q-Sympphony synchronizes select 2020 Samsung QLED TV speakers with the Q-Series soundbar speakers for fuller, more immersive, cinematic sound. This feature requires an HDMI or optical digital connection (not compatible with Bluetooth). Compatible 2020 Samsung QLED TVs include the Q80T, Q90T, Q800T, Q900T, and Q950T series.
- AV Sync: AV Sync can be used to help sync video to audio when connected to a TV. Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time to match the video. You can adjust the AV Sync from 0 to 300ms.
- Equalizer: You can independently adjust the system's Bass & Treble (-6 to +6), or you can go a step further and adjust the system's 7-band EQ (150, 300, 600, 1.2k, 2.5k, 5.0k, 10.0k Hz) from -6 to +6.
- Subwoofer Level: You can independently adjust the volume of the wireless powered subwoofer from -12 to +6, using the system's remote control.
- DRC (Dynamic Range Control): A Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range is compressed making it easier to hear at lower volume levels.
- Turn-On Volume: To protect your hearing, the Volume Restriction function restricts the volume to 20 if you turn on the soundbar system when the volume is set higher than 20.
Mounting Options: The slim, compact Samsung HW-Q60T's soundbar can be mounted on the wall with the included wall-mount brackets (wall screws not supplied) or simply placed on a table-top. The wireless powered subwoofer can be positioned anywhere in the room (up to 32.8' away from soundbar) to achieve maximum audio performance.
Optional Wireless Surround Kit: The optional SWA-8500S Wireless Surround Kit (305SWA85KS, sold separately) lets you add rear speakers to the HW-Q60T soundbar system without all the wires. Together with the HW-Q60T , you can create a 5.1 channel system for a true surround sound experience. The SWA-8500S Wireless Surround Kit consists of a wireless receiver module and two rear speakers. The wireless receiver module receives a wireless audio signal from the HW-Q60T soundbar, so you don't have to run speaker wire from the soundbar to the rear speakers. The wireless receiver module does have to connect to an AC wall outlet via its power cord and to the rear speakers via two speaker cables.
HDMI 2.0: The Samsung HW-Q60T's soundbar is outfitted with one HDMI 2.0 input and one HDMI 2.0 output (ARC compatible). The HDMI input allows you to connect your Ultra-HD Blu-ray player or cable/satellite box directly to the soundbar and then from its HDMI ARC output to your flat-panel TV. The HDMI 2.0 input and output support 4K Pass-Through, HDR, 3D video, and ARC.
- 4K + HDCP 2.2: The soundbar's HDMI 2.0 input and output support 4K ultra-HD video; as well as 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p video. The soundbar's HDMI input and output also support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video: HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. This system supports HDR10 and HDR10+; not compatible with HLG or Dolby Vision HDR formats.
- 3D Ready: The HW-Q60T can pass through 3D video (up to 1080p) from 3D-ready Blu-ray players to 3D-ready TVs, via HDMI. You will also need compatible 3D-ready glasses and 3D-video content.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The unit's HDMI output supports the ARC function. This allows you to connect your Blu-ray player or satellite/cable box directly to the soundbar system's HDMI input and connect the soundbar's HDMI output to your television for audio from the wireless audio soundbar system or your TV. Your TV must also be ARC compatible.
- Because with some televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player and Satellite/Cable box to the soundbar directly; and then connect the soundbar's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance.
- The HDMI ARC out is not eARC compatible and does not support Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby True-HD, Dolby Digital Plus, or DTH-HD.
Optical Digital Input: The Samsung HW-Q60T's soundbar is equipped with an optical (toslink) digital input to connect your television, Blu-ray/DVD player, or satellite/cable box. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and 2Ch PCM. The optical digital output of some flat-panel TVs only send a Dolby Digital audio signal when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch PCM from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- To get the best audio performance out of the Samsung HW-Q60T, use the system's HDMI input and optical digital input to connect your Blu-ray player and satellite/cable box. Then connect the system's HDMI output to your TV's HDMI ARC input. By connecting your Blu-ray player and satellite/cable box directly to the soundbar system, you'll gain Dolby Digital/DTS decoding from these two sources.
- The HW-Q60T is not equipped with an analog audio input.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Samsung HW-Q60T features built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless connection between the soundbar speaker system and your Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices for wireless music streaming, as well as a wireless connection between the soundbar speaker and Bluetooth A2DP enabled TVs. The HW-Q60T's Bluetooth function has a wireless range of approximately 32.8'.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: You can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled devices; like your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the Samsung HW-Q60T and enjoy music with high quality stereo sound, all without wires. You can even connect two different Bluetooth source devices at the same time and seamlessly switch between both devices. SBC and AAC Bluetooth codecs are supported. The HW-Q60T's remote can be used to control Play/Pause and Skip functions (advanced music navigation is still handled from your Bluetooth source device. The HW-Q60T does not display song/artist information (song/artist info is still viewed on your Bluetooth source device).
- Wireless TV Connection: You can simplify the installation of the HW-Q60T by eliminating the need for a wired connection between a Bluetooth-enabled TV and the soundbar. Simply plug the soundbar and the subwoofer into AC power and follow the simple pairing instructions to wirelessly connect the soundbar to a Bluetooth A2DP enabled TV. When a TV is connected using Bluetooth, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital or DTS). Only one TV can be paired and connected at a time.
- This system does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Samsung HW-Q60T.
USB Port: You can connect and play music files from external USB mass storage class devices (such as a USB thumbdrive) using the soundbar's rear-panel USB-A port. The HW-Q60T supports playback of a variety of music files (including Hi-Res) loaded onto a compatible USB device formatted in FAT16/32. You can control basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat. The system will also charge (5V/0.5A) your connected USB device. Compatible music files include -
- AAC: 32-48kHz; 32-320kbps
- AIFF: 32-192kHz; 1024-9216kbps
- FLAC: 32-192kHz; 162-8100kbps
- MP3: 8-48kHz; 8-320kbps
- OGG: 32-48kHz; 32-320kbps
- WAV: 32-192kHz; 1024-9216kbps
- WMA: 32-48kHz; 32-320kbps
Note: The USB port does not support USB hubs, card-readers, computers, Apple iOS devices, or Android devices.
Power Requirements: The active soundbar speaker and the wireless powered subwoofer will both have to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The active soundbar includes an AC power adapter with an attached 58" DC cord and detachable 5' AC power cord. The wireless powered sub includes a detachable 5' AC power cord.
Firmware Updates (via USB): Samsung may offer updates for the soundbar's system firmware in the future. If an update is offered, you can download the firmware update from Samsung's Support website onto a USB thumbdrive inserted in your computer. Once the firmware is downloaded on your USB thumbdrive, plug the USB device into the soundbar's USB port for update.
Remote & Top-Panel Controls: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Samsung HW-Q60T system. There are also top-panel controls (including Power, Source, and Volume) on the soundbar speaker.
TV Remote Control: When the HW-Q60T system is connected to a Samsung Smart TV (released in 2017 or later), the soundbar can be controlled using the TV's remote control. This function also allows you to use the TV menu to adjust the soundfield and various settings, as well as the volume and mute. You can also program Sony, LG, Vizio, Sharp, Panasonic, and Toshiba TV remotes to control Power/On Off, Volume Up/Down, and Mute functions of the HW-Q60T soundbar system.
Auto Power On/Off: The Samsung HW-Q60T soundbar system offers Auto Power On/Off functionality.
- Power Link (Auto On): The wireless audio soundbar system is automatically turned on when you turn on your TV or any device connected to the wireless audio soundbar system with an optical cable.
- Bluetooth Power On: If a previously paired Bluetooth device (including a Samsung SoundConnect compatible TV) tries to pair with the soundbar when the Bluetooth Power On function is activated and the soundbar is turned off, the soundbar turns on automatically.
- Auto Off: If a TV or any device connected to the HW-Q60T soundbar system is off and there is no audio signal, the soundbar system will turn off after 5 minutes.
2 questions already asked