About the Samsung HW-Q700A
Acoustic Beam ports track and sync sounds with the action on screen.
The Samsung HW-Q700A delivers spacious TV sound along with modern conveniences like voice control. The flute-like ports on the top of the bar help direct individual sounds so they accurately line up with what's happening on-screen. When combined with the bar's Dolby Atmos processing, these "Acoustic Beams" also allow sound effects to cascade down from your ceiling. The included subwoofer adds deep rumble to your favorite sounddtracks and video games.
Designed to work together
If you have a Samsung QLED TV, you'll benefit from a complementary design and simplified setup. You can control and adjust the settings for both the TV and the sound bar with the Samsung TV's remote. With SpaceFit, your compatible Samsung TV will also calibrate the sound bar's audio signals for added clarity and immersion based on your specific room.
Samsung's Q-Symphony feature takes this a step further by integrating the sound bar's audio with compatible Samsung TVs. Once they're synced together with a wired connection, the speakers in the TV and sound bar will work in harmony to create a more enveloping experience.
HDMI makes it easy
The bar's HDMI connections allow 4K video passthrough with support for HDR10 and HDR10+ (High Dynamic Range), so you'll be able to maintain a high-contrast Ultra HD picture from your Blu-ray player or video game console through to your TV. The bar also supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), so it can receive uncompressed audio signals — including Dolby Atmos — from an eARC-equipped TV.
Catch the quiet moments
Quiet conversations can sometimes get lost in the mix of a movie's soundtrack. We've all strained our ears at some point to catch important lines. The HW-Q700A has a dedicated center channel to improve dialogue clarity and its Smart Mode analyzes the program's audio signal to make dialogue easier to hear.
The included subwoofer adds punch to the low end, and it's slim and wireless for easy placement. You can also increase your movie-night drama by adding the optional Samsung SWA-9500S wireless kit. This 2.0.2-channel kit delivers true surround sound and improved up-firing effects. The speakers also connect wirelessly to the sound bar, so you only need to plug in to an AC outlet instead of running speaker wire across your room.
You can use the sound bar's built-in Wi-Fi to connect to an Amazon Alexa-compatible assistant. This lets you to control the sound bar with just your voice. You can also ask Alexa to play music, check the weather, or even snag recipes while you're cooking.
Connect with Bluetooth
The HW-Q700A's built-in Bluetooth can wirelessly stream your favorite tunes from your phone directly to the sound bar. If you're looking to minimize cord clutter, you can also use the sound bar's Bluetooth to receive a stereo signal from a compatible Samsung TV.
Play your favorite songs with just a tap
Have you ever wanted to just "boop" your phone on a speaker and have it magically play your favorite playlist? It seems like science fiction, but that's exactly what the HW-Q700A allows you to do with compatible Samsung mobile devices (requires Android™ OS 8.1 and higher). Welcome to the future.
Game Pro mode automatically tunes directional sounds to match the game space, including overhead effects, so you don't miss important audio cues while you play. This helps keep you competitive and makes your playing sessions more immersive.
- sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- delivers 3.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- designed to complement Samsung QLED TVs
- SpaceFit lets compatible Samsung TVs process your audio signal based on the room for added clarity and immersion
- Q-Symphony feature allows bar to synchronize with select Samsung QLED TVs to create a fuller soundstage
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- add the optional Samsung SWA-9500S wireless kit for true surround sound and improved overhead effects
- 7 drivers powered by a 170-watt amplifier
- dedicated center channel for clear dialogue
- up-firing channel for overhead effects
- Acoustic Beam technology helps deliver panoramic sound synced to the on-screen action
- Adaptive Sound optimizes your sound settings based on each scene of the content you're watching, keeping voices clear even at low volumes
- Game Pro mode adjusts your audio settings to improve directionality, helping you keep track of important sound cues
- built-in Dolby® decoding, including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos
- supports DTS Digital Surround and DTS:X
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- 38-5/8"W x 2-7/16"H x 4-1/2"D
- weight: 7.9 lbs.
- 160-watt built-in amplifier
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure delivers powerful bass response
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 8-1/8"W x 13-15/16"H x 11-15/16"D
- weight: 13 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output
- supports enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- 4K video passthrough with support for HDR10 and HDR10+
- optical digital audio input
- compatible with Samsung SmartThings mobile app
- wall mount kit included
- One Remote function lets you control sound bar with your Samsung TV's remote
- connect to compatible Samsung TVs with Bluetooth
- includes remote control
- total system power: 330 watts
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HW-Q700A/ZA
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung HW-Q700A
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||---|
|Optical Digital Inputs||---|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||---|
|HDMI ARC Input||---|
|HDMI eARC Input||---|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||---|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||---|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|System Frequency Response||---|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||---|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||---|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||---|
|HDR Video Compatible||---|
|Control by App||---|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||---|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||---|
|Mounting Bracket Included||---|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||---|
|Sound Bar Weight||Not Given|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||---|
|Subwoofer Weight||Not Given|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||---|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||---|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||---|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||---|