About the Samsung HW-Q900T
Streamlined home theater sound
Streamlined home theater sound
16 built-in drivers, including side-firing and up-firing drivers, deliver panoramic sound and the overhead effects of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
Want the heightened soundstage of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X without placing speakers all around the room? Consider Samsung's HW-Q900T. In addition to dedicated left, right, and center channels, it has up-firing drivers that deliver those theatrical overhead effects. It also has pairs of side-firing and front-width drivers to provide enveloping surround effects. Add in the included subwoofer, which connects wirelessly to the sound bar, and you've got a 7.1.2-channel system with a very small footprint.
And if you connect the HW-Q900T to certain 2020 Samsung QLED TVs, you can engage the Q-Symphony feature. This synchronizes the bar with the TV's speakers to create an even fuller soundstage.
The HW-Q900T has 4K video passthrough with support for HDR (High Dynamic Range) content, so you can get rich sound and picture quality with simple HDMI connections — one from your 4K video source to your sound bar and then one from your sound bar to your TV. It also supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel), so it can receive uncompromised audio signals — like Dolby Atmos — from an eARC-equipped TV.
Great sound geared toward your content
The bar has an "adaptive sound" mode that analyzes the sound signal and delivers optimized audio on a scene-by-scene basis, enhancing voice clarity even at low volumes. Game Pro Mode adjusts the system's equalizer for the particular game you're playing.
Alexa, how's the weather?
The HW-Q900T has Amazon Alexa built-in so if you want to play your favorite Spotify® playlist on the bar, all you have to do is ask. And Alexa can do more than just play music. Plan your day with weather and traffic updates. Create a shopping list, set reminders or alarms, and control connected smart home devices like lights and thermostats — all with your voice.
Options for music
You can use Bluetooth® or Wi-Fi to wirelessly stream music, audiobooks, or podcasts from compatible devices directly to the sound bar. Or if you have a compatible Samsung mobile phone, you can take advantage of the Tap Sound feature — just tap the sound bar with your phone to start playing your favorite playlist.
- sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- delivers 7.1.2-channel sound with support for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
- built-in Amazon Alexa for voice control
- designed to complement Samsung QLED TVs
- Q-Symphony feature allows bar to synchronize with select Samsung QLED TVs to create a fuller soundstage:
- Tap Sound feature allows you to tap the bar with a compatible Samsung phone to begin playing your favorite playlist
- 16 speakers total, including:
- two side-firing drivers
- two angled front-width drivers
- two up-firing drivers for overhead effects
- dedicated center channel for clear dialogue
- Adaptive Sound mode enhances voice clarity at low volumes
- Game Pro Mode boosts game sound effects
- Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby TrueHD decoding
- DTS:X and DTS Digital Surround
- built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- enclosure is wrapped in premium Kvadrat fabric
- 48-1/2"W x 2-3/4"H x 5-7/16"D
- weight: 15.7 lbs.
- 8" woofer
- 160 watts RMS
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure delivers powerful bass response
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 8-1/4"W x 15-7/8"H x 16-5/16"D
- weight: 21.6 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- 2 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output
- supports Audio Return Channel (ARC) and enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- HDR and 4K video pass-through via HDMI
- compatible with HDR10 and HDR10+ formats
- HDMI cable included
- optical digital audio input
- compatible with Samsung SmartThings mobile app
- connect to compatible Samsung TVs with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- remote control with subwoofer level control
- total system power: 406 watts
- wall mount kit included
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HW-Q900T/ZA
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (HW-Q900T)
- Wireless powered sub (PS-WR75BK)
- AC power adapter (attched 58" DC cord)
- Two 5' AC power cords
- 59" HDMI cable
- Remote control (AH59-2767A)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screw-holders
- 2 Screws
- 4 Self-adhesive pads
- Wall-Mount Guide
- User Manual
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Samsung HW-Q900T reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung HW-Q900T
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||7.1.2|
|Virtual Surround||3D Surorund|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||Yes|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||No|
|Subwoofer Driver||8" Cone|
|Enclosure||Sealed (bar),Ported (sub)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||246|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||160|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||4k|
|HDR Video Compatible||Yes|
|Voice Control||Alexa built-in|
|Control by App||Apple iOS, Android|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.2|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||802.11 b/g/n|
|Bands||2.4, 5.0 GHz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-3/4H x 48-1/2W x 5-7/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||15.7 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||15-7/8H x 8-1/4W x 16-5/16D|
|Subwoofer Weight||21.6 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The HW-Q900T's active soundbar speaker has been designed, tested, and tuned at Samsung's state-of-the-art California Audio Lab, where audio engineers apply advanced acoustic technologies and cutting-edge computer modeling to deliver perfectly balanced, room-filling sound. The active soundbar is equipped with a 15 driver array and built-in amplifier that can produce up to 7.1.2 channels of immersive surround sound with the included wireless powered sub.
- 9 Discrete Channels: Thanks to the active soundbar's 9 discrete front, center, surround, surround back and height channels you get sound that virtually moves and flows all around you for a captivating, three-dimensional 7.1.2ch audio experience with the included wireless powered subwoofer. Its supports both Dolby Atmos & DTS:X.
- 15 Driver Array: The active soundbar delivers 9 discrete channels using a 15 driver array for the front, center, surround, surround back, and height audio information. The soundbar's dedicated center channel consists of two woofers and a wide-range tweeter for clear dialog. The left and right front channels of the soundbar each consist of two woofers and one wide-range tweeter for broad stereo imaging. The left and right surround and surround back channels each consist of single side-firing woofer for virtual surround effects. The soundbar's left and right height channels each consist of a single up-firing woofer for overhead effects.
- 246 Watt Amplifier: The active soundbar's 15 driver array is powered by a built-in 246 watt amplifier for dynamic, room-filling sound. 18 watts is delivered to each woofer (12 total), while 10 watts is deliver to each tweeter (3 total).
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered sub receives its low-frequency audio signal wirelessly from the soundbar via 2.4GHz transmission. There are no cords to connect, except the AC power cord. The wireless powered sub features a side-firing 8" woofer inside a bass-reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. The woofer is powered by a built-in 160 watt amplifier.
Immersive Surround Sound: The Samsung HW-Q900T is capable of delivering up to 7.1.2-channel surround for Dolby Atmos & DTS:X. It also supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), Dolby Digital Plus (7.1ch), Dolby TrueHD (7.1ch), and DTS (5.1ch).
- Dolby Atmos: With Dolby Atmos sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill your home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. Rather than being constrained to channels, sounds exist as individual entities that are precisely placed and moved in three-dimensional space. A new sensation of height immerses you in the action, creating a full audio atmosphere and realistically depicting objects moving overhead. Dolby Atmos renders everything from dialogue to quiet scenes to whirlwind action with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth. It all comes together in sound that excites your senses and inspires your emotions to deliver the full impact of entertainment.
- DTS:X: DTS:X is the next generation object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology from DTS. Unbound from channels, DTS:X conveys the fluid movement of sound to create an incredibly rich, realistic and immersive soundscape - in front of, behind, beside and above the audience - more accurately than ever before. DTS:X offers the ability to automatically adapt the audio to the speaker layout that best fits your space.
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X is only supported via the soundbar's HDMI input and HDMI eARC output. Your connected HDMI source device must also support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. In addition, the movie or music video must have a Dolby Atmos or DTS:X soundtrack.
- The HW-Q900T does not support Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization or DTS Virtual:X.
Sound Modes: The Samsung HW-Q900T soundbar speaker system offers four different sound modes that can be used with a variety of content.
- Adaptive Sound: The Q800T soundbar analyzes the sound signal to automatically deliver optimized sound based on each scene. Adaptive Sound lets you hear voices clearly at the lowest volumes, so even the most quiet conversations are heard.
- 3D Surround: The 3D Surround mode delivers a more realistic and immersive audio experience by adding depth and spaciousness to the movie soundtrack. From nearly any corner of the room, the 3D Surround mode blankets the listening area both sideways and up to screen level for a more immersive surround effect.
- Game Pro: Connect your gaming console (Xbox one, PS4, Nintendo Switch) and compatible Samsung QLED TV to the Sasmsung Q-Series soundbar to boost your gaming experience. Game Pro Mode delivers optimize sound, while offering clear directional sound to gain the advantage.
- Stereo: Select Standard mode if you simply want to enjoy 2ch stereo playback.
Audio Settings: The Samsung HW-Q900T soundbar system provides various audio adjustments to customize your listening experience.
- Q-Symphony: Q-Sympphony synchronizes select 2020 Samsung QLED TV speakers with the Q-Series soundbar speakers for fuller, more immersive, cinematic sound. This feature requires an HDMI or optical digital connection (not compatible with Bluetooth). Compatible 2020 Samsung QLED TVs include the Q800T, Q90T, Q800T, Q900T, and Q950T series.
- AV Sync: AV Sync can be used to help sync video to audio when connected to a TV. Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time to match the video. You can adjust the AV Sync from 0 to 300ms.
- Equalizer: You can independently adjust the system's Bass & Treble (-6 to +6), or you can go a step further and adjust the system's 7-band EQ (150, 300, 600, 1.2k, 2.5k, 5.0k, 10.0k Hz) from -6 to +6.
- Subwoofer Level: You can independently adjust the volume of the wireless powered subwoofer from -12 to +6, using the system's remote control.
- DRC (Dynamic Range Control): A Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range is compressed making it easier to hear at lower volume levels.
- Turn-On Volume: To protect your hearing, the Volume Restriction function restricts the volume to 20 if you turn on the soundbar system when the volume is set higher than 20.
Optional Wireless Surround Kit: The optional SWA-9100S Wireless Surround Kit (sold separately) lets you add rear speakers to the HW-Q900T soundbar system without all the wires. Together with the HW-Q900T, you can create a 9.1.2 channel system for a truely immersive Dolby Atmos/DTS:X surround sound experience. The SWA-9100S Wireless Surround Kit consists of a wireless receiver module and two rear speakers. The wireless receiver module receives a wireless audio signal from the HW-Q900T soundbar, so you don't have to run speaker wire from the soundbar to the rear speakers. The wireless receiver module does have to connect to an AC wall outlet via its power cord and to the rear speakers via two speaker cables.
Mounting Options: The Samsung HW-Q900T's soundbar can be mounted on the wall with the included wall-mount brackets (wall screws not supplied) or simply placed on a table-top. The wireless powered subwoofer can be positioned anywhere in the room (up to 32.8' away from soundbar) to achieve maximum audio performance.
HDMI 2.1: The Samsung HW-Q900T's soundbar is outfitted with two HDMI 2.1 inputs and one HDMI 2.1 output (eARC compatible). The HDMI inputs allow you to connect your Ultra-HD Blu-ray player and cable/satellite box directly to the soundbar and then from its HDMI eARC output to your flat-panel TV. The HDMI inputs and output support 4K Pass-Through, HDR, 3D video, and eARC.
- 4K + HDCP 2.2: The soundbar's HDMI 2.1 inputs and output support 4K ultra-HD video; as well as 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p video. The soundbar's HDMI inputs and output also support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video: HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. This system supports HDR10 and HDR10+; not compatible with HLG or Dolby Vision HDR formats.
- 3D Ready: The HW-Q900T can pass through 3D video (up to 1080p) from 3D-ready Blu-ray players to 3D-ready TVs, via HDMI. You will also need compatible 3D-ready glasses and 3D-video content.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): eARC stands for enhanced Audio Return Channel and supports high-resolution, multichannel sound signals, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, to be passed through your TV to the Samsung Q-Series soundbar speaker system. If you connect to a TV with eARC, you can enjoy Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, and DTS through the Samsung Q-Series soundbar.
Note: If you connect to a TV that only supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), the soundbar's HDMI eARC jack will be limited to DTS, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Digital Plus. In some cases you may be able to get Dolby Atmos, if the TV offers Dolby Atmos via Dolby Digital Plus through its HDMI ARC jack. DTS:X and DTS-HD is not supported via HDMI ARC (must be HDMI eARC).
Optical Digital Input: The Samsung HW-Q900T's soundbar is equipped with an optical (toslink) digital input to connect your television, Blu-ray/DVD player, or satellite/cable box. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and 2Ch PCM. The optical digital output of some flat-panel TVs only send a Dolby Digital audio signal when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch PCM from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- The optical digital input does not offer support for Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, Dolby Digital Plus, or Dolby TrueHD.
- The HW-Q900T is not equipped with an analog audio input.
Alexa Music Services: The Samsung HW-Q900T features a 2.4GHz/5GHz dual-band wireless (WiFi 802.11b/g/n) network connection and offers built-in Amazon Alexa with support for hands-free access and voice control of select online music services. Use your voice to access and control your favorite online music services - such as Amazon Music, Apple Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Tidal, Spotify Connect, and more. You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes, Google Play Music, and more to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music through the Samsung soundbar system. Simply ask for your favorite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you.
- WiFi setup will be done using the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) on your compatible mobile device.
- You'll also need to download the Amazon Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device.
- The HW-Q900T is limited to music functionality only through Amazon Alexa. Other services provided by Amazon (such as news and weather) can only be accessed through your Amazon Alexa device's speaker.
Note: The system is not equipped with an Ethernet jack for a hardwired network connection.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Samsung HW-Q900T features built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless connection between the soundbar speaker system and your Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices for wireless music streaming, as well as a wireless connection between the soundbar speaker and Bluetooth A2DP enabled TVs. The HW-Q900T's Bluetooth function has a wireless range of approximately 32.8'.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: You can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled devices; like your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the Samsung HW-Q900T and enjoy music with high quality stereo sound, all without wires. You can even connect two different Bluetooth source devices at the same time and seamlessly switch between both devices. SBC and AAC Bluetooth codecs are supported. The HW-Q900T's remote can be used to control Play/Pause and Skip functions (advanced music navigation is still handled from your Bluetooth source device. The HW-Q900T does not display song/artist information (song/artist info is still viewed on your Bluetooth source device).
- Wireless TV Connection: You can simplify the installation of the HW-Q900T by eliminating the need for a wired connection between a Bluetooth-enabled TV and the soundbar. Simply plug the soundbar and the subwoofer into AC power and follow the simple pairing instructions to wirelessly connect the soundbar to a Bluetooth A2DP enabled TV. When a TV is connected using Bluetooth, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital or DTS). Only one TV can be paired and connected at a time.
- This system does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Samsung HW-Q900T.
Power Requirements: The active soundbar speaker and the wireless powered subwoofer will both have to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The active soundbar includes an AC power adapter with an attached 58" DC cord and detachable 5' AC power cord. The wireless powered sub includes a detachable 5' AC power cord.
Built-In Alexa With Microphone: The Samsung HW-Q900T features built-in Alexa with an integrated microphone. Now you can control the soundbar system with just your voice. You can ask "Alexa" to turn on/off the system, change the input source, select an online music service, set the volume level, mute the volume, and stop playback. You can also use the HW-Q900T's built-in Alexa like any other Alexa Echo device and ask non-soundbar related commands (like information about the weather, traffic, news, sports, etc) or have Alexa control your smart home devices.
- You'll need to download the Amazon Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 4.4+) onto your compatible smartphone or tablet device.
- In the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+), you will need to change the Soundbar's name to one that can be recognized by Amazon Alexa.
Note: The Amazon Alexa Voice control feature requires that the Samsung soundbar be connected to your home's WiFi network router and internet service provider.
SmartThings App: Use the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to turn your compatible smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the HW-Q900T system. You can also use the app to access internet radio and select online music services, as well as music libraries on your Apple iOS or Android device. In addition, the SmartThings app is used to connect the HW-Q900Tsystem to your WiFi network and enable Amazon Alexa compatibility with an Amazon Echo device (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).Firmware & software updates are alsp done through the SmartThings app.
Remote & Top-Panel Controls: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Samsung HW-Q900T system. There are also top-panel controls (including Power, Source, and Volume) on the soundbar speaker.
TV Remote Control: When the HW-Q900T system is connected to a Samsung Smart TV (released in 2017 or later), the soundbar can be controlled using the TV's remote control. This function also allows you to use the TV menu to adjust the soundfield and various settings, as well as the volume and mute. You can also program Sony, LG, Vizio, Sharp, Panasonic, and Toshiba TV remotes to control Power/On Off, Volume Up/Down, and Mute functions of the HW-Q900T soundbar system.
Auto Power On/Off: The Samsung HW-Q900T soundbar system offers Auto Power On/Off functionality.
- Power Link (Auto On): The wireless audio soundbar system is automatically turned on when you turn on your TV or any device connected to the wireless audio soundbar system with an optical cable.
- Bluetooth Power On: If a previously paired Bluetooth device (including a Samsung SoundConnect compatible TV) tries to pair with the soundbar when the Bluetooth Power On function is activated and the soundbar is turned off, the soundbar turns on automatically.
- Auto Off: If a TV or any device connected to the HW-Q900T soundbar system is off and there is no audio signal, the soundbar system will turn off after 5 minutes.