- sound bar and wireless subwoofer
- add optional Samsung SWA-8500S wireless speaker kit for true surround sound
- DTS Virtual:X digital sound processing
- emulates object-based surround sound like DTS:X and Dolby Atmos
- simulated surround and height-channel speakers create a spacious, lively soundstage
- dedicated center channel for clear dialogue
- smart sound modes optimize the sound settings for the content
- Dolby® Digital and DTS® decoding
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Bluetooth Multi Connection allows two devices to be connected simultaneously for more convenient music streaming
- 38-5/8"W x 2-5/16"H x 3-1/2"D
- weight: 5.3 lbs.
- 6-1/2" woofer
- 160-watt built-in amplifier
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure delivers powerful bass response
- connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 8-1/8"W x 13-15/16"H x 11-15/16"D
- weight: 13.7 lbs.
Connections and general info:
- 1 HDMI input, 1 HDMI output
- supports Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- USB port for connecting a thumb drive
- optical digital audio input
- compatible with Samsung SmartThings mobile app
- wall mount kit included
- Anynet (HDMI-CEC) function lets you control sound bar with your Samsung TV's remote
- connect to compatible Samsung TVs with Bluetooth
- total system power: 340 watts
- ENERGY STAR® certified
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HW-T650/ZA
What's in the box:
- Active soundbar speaker (HW-T650)
- Wireless powere sub (PS-WR65D)
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord)
- Two 5' AC power cords
- Remote control (AH81-09748A)
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 58" Optical digital cable
- 2 Wall-mount brackets
- 2 Screw-holders
- 2 Screws
- User Manual
- Wall-Mount Template
Samsung HW-T650 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung HW-T650
Features & specs
|Number Of Channels||3.1|
|Virtual Surround||Surround Sound Expansion|
|Optical Digital Inputs||1|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||None|
|HDMI ARC Input||Yes|
|HDMI eARC Input||No|
|3.5mm Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|RCA Stereo Analog Inputs||None|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|Tweeter||1.5" Dome (3)|
|Midrange||3.25 x 1.5" Cone (3)|
|Subwoofer Driver||6.5" Cone|
|Enclosure||Sealed (bar),Ported (sub)|
|System Frequency Response||Not Given|
|Sound Bar RMS Power||180|
|Subwoofer RMS Power||160|
|HDMI Video Pass-through Resolution||1080p|
|HDR Video Compatible||No|
|Control by App||No|
|Remote IR Passthrough||No|
|Learns TV Remote||Yes|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Built-in 4.2|
|Files on Your Network||No|
|Built-in Wi-Fi Version||None|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Sound Bar Size (inches)||2-5/16H x 38-11/16W x 3-9/16D|
|Sound Bar Weight||5.3 lbs|
|Subwoofer Size (inches)||13-15/16H x 8-1/8W x 12-1/2D|
|Subwoofer Weight||13.7 lbs|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Active Soundbar Speaker: The soundbar is a self-powered, 3-channel speaker with dedicated left, right, and center channels that can provide virtual surround sound. With a center channel dedicated for the sole purpose of delivering clear dialog, you'll never miss a word of your movie soundtrack. The soundbar consists of six total drivers (two for each channel) inside its acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure. There are three 1.5" tweeters and three 3.25" x 1.5" oval-cone woofers. The soundbar is powered by a built-in 180 watt amplifier that delivers 30 watts to each driver.
Wireless Powered Sub: The included wireless powered sub receives its low-frequency audio signal wirelessly from the soundbar via 2.4GHz transmission. There are no cords to connect, except the AC power cord. The wireless powered sub features a side-firing 6.5" woofer inside a bass-reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port. The woofer is powered by a built-in 160 watt amplifier.
Dolby Digital/DTS Decoding + DTS Virtual X: The Samsung HW-T650 soundbar system employs decoders compatible with Dolby Digital (5.1ch) & DTS (5.1ch), plus offers DTS Virtual X surround. DTS Virtual:X uses proprietary audio processing techniques inside the soundbar to create spacious 3D sound (including the sensation of height) from any content, and without the need for in-ceiling or upward-firing speakers. You'll enjoy a wider, higher, more immersive audio experience from your favorite TV shows, movies, music, and sports.
Sound Modes: You can select from a variety Samsung Sound Modes.
- Surround Sound Expansion: The Surround Sound Expansion mode delivers a more realistic and immersive audio experience by adding depth and spaciousness to the movie soundtrack. From nearly any corner of the room, Surround Sound Expansion blankets the listening area both sideways and up to screen level for a more immersive surround effect.
- Smart Mode: The Smart Mode automatically analyzes the content and optimizes the sound setting for the best experience. The soundbar will automatically analyze content frequency to optimize audio and deliver clear dialog, so whether you are watching a loud sports match or a soft-spoken drama, sounds will be optimized for TV viewing.
- Game Mode: Connect this soundbar system to your TV and game console (Xbox one, PS4, or Nintendo Switch) to boost your gaming experience with optimized sound and clear directional sound to gain the advantage. Game Mode boosts game sound effects and delivers a highly directional sound as if gamers are wearing a headset.
- Standard Mode: Select Standard mode if you simply want to enjoy 2ch stereo playback.
Audio Settings: The Samsung HW-T650 soundbar system provides various audio adjustments to customize your listening experience.
- AV Sync: AV Sync can be used to help sync video to audio when connected to a TV. Video may look slower than the audio if it is connected to a digital TV. If this occurs, you can adjust the audio delay time to match the video. You can adjust the AV Sync from 0 to 300ms.
- Equalizer: You can independently adjust the system's Bass & Treble (-6 to +6), or you can go a step further and adjust the system's 7-band EQ (150, 300, 600, 1.2k, 2.5k, 5.0k, 10.0k Hz) from -6 to +6.
- Subwoofer Level: You can independently adjust the volume of the wireless powered subwoofer from -12 to +6, using the system's remote control.
- DRC (Dynamic Range Control): A Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range is compressed making it easier to hear at lower volume levels.
- Turn-On Volume: To protect your hearing, the Volume Restriction function restricts the volume to 20 if you turn on the soundbar system when the volume is set higher than 20.
Mounting Options: The slim, compact Samsung HW-T650's soundbar can be mounted on the wall with the included wall-mount brackets (wall screws not supplied) or simply placed on a table-top. The wireless powered subwoofer can be positioned anywhere in the room (up to 32.8' away from soundbar) to achieve maximum audio performance.
Optional Wireless Surround Kit: The optional SWA-8500S Wireless Surround Kit (305SWA85KS, sold separately) lets you add rear speakers to the HW-T650 soundbar system without all the wires. Together with the HW-T650 , you can create a 5.1 channel system for a true surround sound experience. The SWA-8500S Wireless Surround Kit consists of a wireless receiver module and two rear speakers. The wireless receiver module receives a wireless audio signal from the HW-T650 soundbar, so you don't have to run speaker wire from the soundbar to the rear speakers. The wireless receiver module does have to connect to an AC wall outlet via its power cord and to the rear speakers via two speaker cables.
HDMI 1.4: The Samsung HW-T650 soundbar is outfitted with one HDMI 1.4 input and one HDMI 1.4 output (ARC compatible). The HDMI input allows you to connect your Blu-ray player or cable/satellite box directly to the soundbar and then from its HDMI ARC output to your flat-panel TV. The HDMI 1.4 input and output support up to 1080p video, as well as Dolby Digital & DTS decoding (2ch only).
- 1080p: The soundbar's HDMI 1.4 input and output supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and 480p video resolution (4K and HDR are not supported). It will also supports 3D video pass-through.
- Dolby Digital & DTS: The soundbar system's HDMI 1.4 input and output offer Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and 2ch PCM decoding.
- ARC: The unit's HDMI output also supports the ARC function. This allows you to connect your Blu-ray player and satellite/cable box directly to the system's HDMI inputs and connect the system's HDMI output to your television for audio from the wireless audio soundbar system or your TV. Your TV must also be ARC compatible.
Note: Because with some televisions, the ARC-enabled HDMI input will only pass 2ch PCM from devices connected to the TV via HDMI or analog, we recommend that you connect your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable box, or Gaming console to the soundbar directly; and then connect the soundbar's ARC-enabled HDMI output to your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input. This setup will give you with the best overall sound performance
Optical Digital Input: The Samsung HW-T650's soundbar is equipped with an optical (toslink) digital input to connect your television, Blu-ray/DVD player, or satellite/cable box. The optical digital input supports Dolby Digital (5.1ch), DTS (5.1ch), and 2Ch PCM. The optical digital output of some flat-panel TVs only send a Dolby Digital audio signal when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from the TV's built-in tuner, network connection, or connected USB device; and will output only 2ch PCM from sources connected to the TV via HDMI, or RCA (like your Blue-ray/DVD player or satellite/cable box).
- To get the best audio performance out of the Samsung HW-T650, use the system's HDMI input and optical digital input to connect your Blu-ray player and satellite/cable box. Then connect the system's HDMI output to your TV's HDMI ARC input. By connecting your Blu-ray player and satellite/cable box directly to the soundbar system, you'll gain Dolby Digital/DTS decoding from these two sources.
- The HW-T650 is not equipped with an analog audio input.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Samsung HW-T650 features built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless connection between the soundbar speaker system and your Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices for wireless music streaming, as well as a wireless connection between the soundbar speaker and Bluetooth A2DP enabled TVs. The HW-T650's Bluetooth function has a wireless range of approximately 32.8'.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: You can wirelessly stream stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled devices; like your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop to the Samsung HW-T650 and enjoy music with high quality stereo sound, all without wires. You can even connect two different Bluetooth source devices at the same time and seamlessly switch between both devices. SBC and AAC Bluetooth codecs are supported. The HW-T650's remote can be used to control Play/Pause and Skip functions (advanced music navigation is still handled from your Bluetooth source device. The HW-T650 does not display song/artist information (song/artist info is still viewed on your Bluetooth source device).
- Wireless TV Connection: You can simplify the installation of the HW-T650 by eliminating the need for a wired connection between a Bluetooth-enabled TV and the soundbar. Simply plug the soundbar and the subwoofer into AC power and follow the simple pairing instructions to wirelessly connect the soundbar to a Bluetooth A2DP enabled TV. When a TV is connected using Bluetooth, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital or DTS). Only one TV can be paired and connected at a time.
- This system does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Samsung HW-T650.
USB Port: You can connect and play music files from external USB mass storage class devices (such as a USB thumbdrive) using the soundbar's rear-panel USB-A port. The HW-T650 supports playback of a variety of music files loaded onto a compatible USB device formatted in FAT16/32. You can control basic playback functions; such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat. The system will also charge (5V/0.5A) your connected USB device. Compatible music files include -
- MP3: 80-320kbps; 16-48kHz
- WMA: 56-128kbps; 16-48kHz
- AAC: 48-320kpbs; 16-96kHz
- WAV: up to 3000kbps; 16-48kHz
- OGG: 50-500kbps;16-48kHz
Note: The USB port does not support USB hubs, card-readers, computers, Apple iOS devices, or Android devices.
Power Requirements: The active soundbar speaker and the wireless powered subwoofer will both have to be plugged into an AC power outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The active soundbar includes an AC power adapter with an attached 58" DC cord and detachable 5' AC power cord. The wireless powered sub includes a detachable 5' AC power cord.
Firmware Updates (via USB): Samsung may offer updates for the soundbar's system firmware in the future. If an update is offered, you can download the firmware update from Samsung's Support website onto a USB thumbdrive inserted in your computer. Once the firmware is downloaded on your USB thumbdrive, plug the USB device into the soundbar's USB port for update.
Remote & Top-Panel Controls: The included IR remote control provides wireless operation of the Samsung HW-T650 system. There are also top-panel controls (including Power, Source, and Volume) on the soundbar speaker.
TV Remote Control: When the HW-T650 system is connected to a Samsung Smart TV (released in 2017 or later), the soundbar can be controlled using the TV's remote control. This function also allows you to use the TV menu to adjust the soundfield and various settings, as well as the volume and mute. You can also program Sony, LG, Vizio, Sharp, Panasonic, and Toshiba TV remotes to control Power/On Off, Volume Up/Down, and Mute functions of the HW-T650 soundbar system.
Auto Power On/Off: The Samsung HW-T650 soundbar system offers Auto Power On/Off functionality.
- Power Link (Auto On): The wireless audio soundbar system is automatically turned on when you turn on your TV or any device connected to the wireless audio soundbar system with an optical cable.
- Bluetooth Power On: If a previously paired Bluetooth device (including a Samsung SoundConnect compatible TV) tries to pair with the soundbar when the Bluetooth Power On function is activated and the soundbar is turned off, the soundbar turns on automatically.
- Auto Off: If a TV or any device connected to the HW-T650 soundbar system is off and there is no audio signal, the soundbar system will turn off after 5 minutes.
4 questions already asked