About the Samsung LN32A450
If you want to experience the beauty of high-definition but don't have a lot of space, check out the Samsung LN32A450. This set's screen delivers stunning HD images, and the compact size and light weight make this an outstanding TV for a bedroom, office, or kitchen.
This slim HDTV has built-in tuners for both digital and analog over-the-air broadcasts (antenna required). These tuners ensure that you'll continue to get a clean, vibrant picture well beyond the current transition period and after the switchover to digital is completed in 2009. And if you're a cable TV subscriber, you can take advantage of the LN32A450's built-in "QAM" digital cable tuner to watch unscrambled channels without using a separate set-top box. HDTV programs look amazing, and non-HD channels look surprisingly good as well, thanks to Samsung's advanced video processing.
The LN32A450 gives you a wealth of inputs for connecting both high-definition and standard-definition sources, including three HDMI inputs for hooking up compatible components such as satellite receivers and Blu-ray Disc players. A standard PC input lets this set pull double duty as a computer monitor.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 31.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- high-gloss black finish
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- 6-millisecond pixel response time
- 10,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- DNIe digital video processing
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- remote control
- Anynet+ simplifies remote control for compatible Samsung components (HDMI-CEC)
- picture settings memory for each video input
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video (side)
- 1 S-video (side)
- 2 component video (accepts signals up to 1080i)
- 3 HDMI (2 rear, 1 side) accepts signals up to 1080i
- PC input: analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output for Dolby® Digital
- Energy Star® 3.0 compliant see our article on TV power consumption for more info about this and other testing standards
- detachable swivel stand (stand "footprint" is 19-7/8"W x 10"D)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 31-3/8"W x 20-3/4"H x 4-3/4"D (22-1/2"H x 10"D on stand)
- weight: 28.9 lbs. with stand; 24 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LN32A450
What's in the box:
- 32" LCD TV
- Wireless remote control (BN59-00687A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 5' AC power cord
- Bottom cover (used when wall mounting)
- Pedestal stand base
- Guide stand
- 3 M4 x 14mm screws
- 4 M4 x 16mm screws
- Cover neck (for pedestal stand)
- Screen cleaning cloth
- User Manual (English/Spanish)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Warning sheet (concerning assembling the stand)
- Important Safety Instructions
- Limited Warranty to Original Purchaser sheet
Samsung LN32A450 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung LN32A450
Features & specs
Native Resolution: The Samsung LN32A450 has a display resolution of 1366 x 768 and scales all inputs for display at 768p. The HDMI inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, and 480p signals, while the component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals.
High Contrast Ratio/Brightness: The TV has a dynamic contrast ratio of 10,000:1 and a 450 nit brightness rating, providing a stunningly realistic picture.
Digital Natural Image Engine (DNIe): Samsung's exclusive Digital Natural Image engine dramatically improves the picture by enhancing the contrast, detail, and white balance, and reducing noise. The DNIe includes five image processors and a six-time density enhancer to ensure the best picture from any source with true colors and high contrast.
Pixel Response: The TV features a fast 6ms pixel response time, which virtually eliminates picture blurring, and gives you smoother images during fast action scenes.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustment for an optimum picture:
- Automatic Picture Settings:
choose one of three automatic picture settings:
- Standard: for the optimum display in a normal environment
- Dynamic: for high-definition in a bright room
- Movie: for viewing movies in a dark room
- Manual Picture Settings:
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LCD backlight
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast level of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture
- Sharpness: adjusts the edge definition of the picture
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint (G/R): adjusts the color tint of the picture
- Detailed Picture Settings:
- Black Adjust: screen depth is adjusted using Black Level, settings include Off, Low, Medium, High
- Dynamic Contrast: adjust contrast to optimize the picture (Off, Low, Medium, High)
- Gamma: adjust the middle brightness of the picture
- Color Space: select the color space for the most natural color (Auto, Native, Custom)
- White Balance: adjust the color temperature for more natural colors (Red, Green, Blue)
- Flesh Tone: Emphases the pink "flesh tone" in the picture
- Edge Enhancement: edge enhancement emphasizes the boundaries of an object, it can be turned off if you prefer
- Color Tone: adjust the overall color tone using one of five presets: Cool 1, Cool 2, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Digital Noise Reduction: for weak TV signals, adjust Digital NR to reduce static and ghosting (Off, Low, Medium, High, Auto)
- HDMI Black Level: the black level can be set to Normal or Low when using an HDMI (RGB) input
Entertainment Modes: You can set the TV for the optimal display and sound for different types of programs: Sports, Game, or Cinema.
Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- 16:9: sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode
- Zoom 1: vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote
- Zoom 2: vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote
- Wide Fit: proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio
- 4:3: sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen
- Just Scan: see the full image with no resizing when an HDMI input (720/1080i), Component (1080i), or DTV (1080i) signal is used
Input Source Names: You can assign a preprogrammed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and Digital Media Adapter.
Channel Labels: Each analog channel programmed into memory can be labeled with a name up to 5 characters. Digital channels names are already assigned and cannot be edited.
Favorite Channel: You can create a list of your favorite channels and recall the list using the FAV.CH button on the remote.
PC-Capable: This unit has a 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. The HDMI 2 input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen quality and position. No cables are supplied for connecting the TV to a PC.
Digital Signal Strength Meter: The digital signal strength meter can be used to help you find the antenna position that delivers the highest HDTV digital signal strength.
Analog Channel Fine Tuning: The fine tuning feature allows you to manually adjust analog channels for optimal reception. A separate fine tuning setting may be put into the TV's memory for each analog channel.
Auto Volume: Auto volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels.
Automatic Sound Settings: You can choose from the following sound settings:
- Standard: resets the standard factory settings
- Music: for watching music videos and concerts
- Movie: for watching movies
- Speech: for watching a show that is mostly dialog
- Custom: adjust the 5-band EQ; 100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz
SRS TruSurround XT: TruSurround is a patented SRS technology for playing 5.1 multi-channel content using only two speakers, it delivers a virtual surround sound experience through two speakers (internal or external), it is fully compatible with all multi-channel formats
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. You also choose the On Timer's channel and Volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
On/Off Melody: A unique melody plays when the TV is turned on and off. The melody volume is adjustable, or you can turn this feature off if you prefer.
Anynet+: Anynet+ is an AV network system that enables you to control other components with your Samsung TV's remote. The Anynet+ system can be used only with Samsung AV devices that support the Anynet+ feature and are connected with HDMI 1.3 cables. The Anynet+ feature must be turned on in the menu to function. Anynet+ can support up to 12 AV devices in total.
Detachable Stand: The LN32A450 comes with a table-top stand for easy placement on top of a counter or table. On the stand, the TV can swivel 20° left or right.
Wall Mounting: You can remove the stand and mount this display on the wall using an optional wall-mount bracket. The TV has four threaded screw holes spaced to accommodate many universal wall mount brackets. The hole spacing is 200mm x 200mm and requires four M6 (6mm) machine screws
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington Lock. This TV has a slot on the rear panel to accommodate a Kensington Lock device.
Remote Control: The supplied remote is pre-programmed to operate this unit, plus it has controls for other Samsung units (DVD, Blu-Ray players, etc.) connected via HDMI using the Anynet+ protocol.
Side Panel Inputs: The LN32A450 features a set of jacks on the left side panel for easy connection:
- HDMI In 3
- A/V in 2 (S-video, composite video, RCA stereo audio)
- Headphone out (3.5mm), the TV's internal speakers are muted when you plug in headphones
HDMI: There are three HDMI terminals, two on the rear panel and one on the side. HDMI 2 can be used for a DVI-equipped component. It has a separate analog audio connection and a DVI-to-HDMI adapter will be needed. HDMI 1 can also be used to connect a computer. The HDMI jacks accept 1080i, 720p, and 480p signals.
PC: This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack.
Component Video Inputs: The 2 sets of component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i signals. One of the component video inputs can accept a composite video signal by plugging the yellow composite video plug into the green RCA jack.
Digital Audio: The optical digital output on the rear panel will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM.
Ex-Link: This jack connects to an optional powered Samsung wall mount bracket that will allow you to adjust the TV viewing angle using the television's remote control.