About the Samsung LN32B460
Spruce up your office or bedroom with the Samsung LN32B460. It delivers beautiful high-definition images and sports a compact cabinet that fits easily in virtually any room. The red design accent at the bottom of the gloss black frame gives this TV a touch of elegance that's rare in this price range.
You'll enjoy a crisp picture day or night, thanks to the LN32B460's high contrast ratio. Samsung's Wide Color Enhancer optimizes hues, ensuring accurate, lifelike colors on everything you watch. Built-in tuners pull in free over-the-air broadcasts, including high-definition programs (antenna required). If you're a cable TV subscriber, you can use the "QAM" tuner to watch unscrambled channels without a set-top box taking up extra space.
Three HDMI inputs and two component video inputs make it easy to connect a variety of high-def gear. A composite video input on the side of the TV lets you quickly plug in a camcorder to share home movies with friends and family. And with a dedicated PC input, you can also connect a laptop for work or play.
Tip: For a list of over-the-air digital TV stations you can receive, as well as antenna recommendations for your location, enter your zip code in AntennaWeb's mapping tool.
- 31.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- high-gloss black finish
- built-in digital (ATSC) and analog (NTSC) tuners for over-the-air TV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in QAM cable TV tuner receives unscrambled programs without a set-top box (cable service required)
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- 6-millisecond pixel response time
- 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
- built-in stereo speakers (10 watts x 2)
- remote control
- picture settings memory for each video input
- 6 A/V inputs, including:
- 1 composite video (side)
- 2 component video (accepts signals up to 1080i)
- 3 HDMI (2 rear, 1 side) accepts signals up to 1080i
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- optical digital audio output
- ENERGY STAR® 3.0 compliant
- detachable stand (stand "footprint" is 17-5/8"W x 9-1/2"D)
- 31-1/2"W x 20-3/8"H x 3-3/4"D (23-1/4"H x 9-1/2"D on stand)
- weight: 26.5 lbs. with stand; 20.1 lbs. without stand
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor carry-in service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LN32B460
What's in the box:
- 32" LCD TV
- Wireless remote control (BN59-00857A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 5' AC power cord
- Bottom cover (used when wall mounting)
- Pedestal stand base
- Guide stand
- Four M4 x 14mm screws
- Four M4 x 16mm screws
- TV-holder attachment with mounting screw
- Screen cleaning cloth
- User's Manual (Eng/Spa)
- Quick Setup Guide
- Pedestal Stand Installation Instructions
- Warranty Sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
- Digital Television Transition Notice
Samsung LN32B460 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung LN32B460
Features & specs
HDTV Tuner: The TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Native Resolution: The LCD television displays all inputs at a resolution of 720p (1366 x 768). The television's HDMI and component video inputs will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals.
3 HDMI Inputs: The three HDMI inputs (2 rear/1 side) can be used to connect a DVD player, Game console, HDTV or Satellite Set-top box with an HDMI output. The HDMI 1 input can also be used to connect a device with a DVI output (a DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable is necessary). If a DVI-equipped device is used, separate audio cables will also be needed from the device to the "DVI In" RCA stereo audio jacks. No audio cables are needed for an HDMI-equipped device. The HDMI input can also be used to connect a PC to this TV. The HDMI jack will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i signals.
2 Component Video Inputs: The two Component Video jacks will accept 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i signals. One of the television's component video inputs can be used as a composite video input.
6ms Response Time: One of the most important features for an LCD panel is the pixel response time. Response time refers to the amount of time it takes a pixel to "refresh" itself-to go from being active to being inactive, (ready to be re-activated). The lower the milliseconds, the faster the response time. The television's very fast 6ms response time virtually eliminates any blurring and gives you smooth-motion action scenes
Contrast Ratio: This TV has an 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, giving you brilliant brightness and contrast for superior picture and detail from both PC and TV images.
Wide Color Enhancer 2: Whereas blue and green shaded areas of a picture are washed out on conventional television screens, Wide Color Enhancer 2 lets you experience more brilliant colors by widening the TV's range of color.
Screen Sizes: You can choose one of the following picture sizes:
- 16:9: sets the picture to 16:9 wide mode
- Zoom 1: vertically enlarges the size of the picture and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote
- Zoom 2: vertically enlarges the size of the picture more than Zoom 1 and allows you to move the enlarged picture using the arrows on the remote
- Wide Fit: proportionally enlarges the picture to fit the entire screen without changing the aspect ratio
- 4:3: sets the picture to 4:3 normal mode with pillars on the left and right of the screen
- Screen Fit: see the full image with no resizing when an HDMI input (720p/1080i/180p), Component (1080i), or DTV (1080i) signal is used
Note: Screen Size settings can be stored for each external device you have connected to an input of the TV.
Picture Control: You can make the following adjustment for an optimum picture:
- Automatic Picture Settings:
- Standard: for the optimum display in a normal environment
- Dynamic: for high-definition in a bright room
- Movie: for viewing movies in a dark room
- Manual Picture Settings:
- Backlight: adjusts the brightness of the LCD backlight
- Contrast: adjusts the contrast level of the picture
- Brightness: adjusts the brightness level of the picture
- Sharpness: adjusts the edge definition of the picture
- Color: adjusts the color saturation of the picture
- Tint: adjusts the color tint of the picture
- Advanced Picture Settings:
- Black Tone: adjusts the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth
- Dynamic Contrast: adjusts the screen contrast so that the optimal contrast is provided
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red, green, blue) intensity from -3 to +3
- Color Space: select your favorite color space (color matrix compose of red, green and blue colors) to experience the most natural color
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the televisions using one of four presets: Cool, Normal, Warm 1, Warm 2
- Flesh Tone: emphasize the pink flesh tone in a picture
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors
- Edge Enhancement: emphasize object boundaries in the picture
HDMI Black Level: You can select the black level on the screen to adjust the screen depth when you have a component connected via HDMI to the television. You can select either Normal or Low.
Digital Noise Reduction: If the broadcast signal received by your TV is weak, you can activate the Digital Noise Reduction feature to help reduce any static and ghosting that may appear on the screen. You can select Low, Medium, High, Auto, or Off.
Film Mode: The TV can be set to automatically sense and process film signals from all sources and adjust the picture from optimum quality.
Game Mode: When connecting the television to a game console, you can enjoy a more realistic gaming experience when selecting Game Mode.
Auto Volume: Auto volume automatically adjusts the volume of the desired channel, lowering the sound output when the modulation signal is high or raising the sound output when the modulation signal is low. This reduces the difference in volume when changing channels.
Sound Modes: You can choose from the following sound settings:
- Standard: resets the standard factory settings
- Music: for watching music videos and concerts
- Movie: for watching movies
- Clear Voice: for watching a show that is mostly dialogue
- Custom: adjust the 5-band EQ; 100 Hz, 300 Hz, 1 kHz, 3 kHz, and 10 kHz
SRS TruSurround HD: SRS TruSurround HD is a patented SRS technology that solves the problem of playing 5.1 multichannel content over two speakers. TruSurround delivers a compelling, virtual surround sound experience through any two-speaker playback system, including the internal television speakers. It is fully compatible with all multichannel formats.
Digital Audio: The optical digital output (with plastic cover) on the rear panel will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2 channel PCM.
Headphone Output: The television features a rear-panel 3.5mm headphone output for connecting a set of external headphones for private listening.
PC-Capable: This unit has a 15-pin D-Sub (RGB) input that allows you to use it as a high-resolution computer monitor. Any HDMI input can also be used with a computer. The TV can be set to automatically adjust to the video signals received, or you can use the setup menu to adjust the screen quality and position. No cables are supplied for connecting the TV to a PC.
PC Input: This input consists of a stereo mini-jack and an analog RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack. This jack allows you to connect a personal computer with a D-Sub 15-pin output. When using the RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) jack, you must use the PC Audio 3.5mm input for your audio connection.
Service: USB port for installing future Samsung firmware upgrades via a USB drive that has downloaded firmware information from Samsung's website.
ToC (Touch of Color): Samsung's new Touch of Color design features a hint of amber color naturally blended into the traditional piano black frame of the Samsung 460 Series LCD television.
Input Source Names: You can assign a pre-programmed name to each of the inputs. When input naming is completed, you will no longer have to remember which component is connected to each input when selecting a source to watch. Source names include VCR, DVD, Cable STB, Satellite STB, PVR STB, AV Receiver, Game, Camcorder, PC, TV, DVI PC, DVI, IPTV, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, and DMA.
Channel Labels: Each analog channel programmed into memory can be labeled with a name. Digital channels names are already assigned and cannot be edited.
Favorite Channel: You can create a list of your favorite channels and recall the list using the FAV.CH button on the remote.
Digital Signal Strength Meter: The digital signal strength meter can be used to help you find the antenna position that delivers the highest HDTV digital signal strength.
Analog Channel Fine Tuning: The fine tuning feature allows you to manually adjust analog channels for optimal reception. A separate fine tuning setting may be put into the TV's memory for each analog channel.
V-Chip: The V-Chip automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can set up the parameters for the V-Chip using the TV Parental Guidelines, MPAA (movie) ratings, Canadian French, or Canadian English ratings systems. The V-Chip function is protected by a 4-digit PIN.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer switches the television off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, or 180 minutes.
On/Off Timer: The three On/Off timers allow you to program the television to turn itself on and off by selecting a specific on time and a specific off time. You also choose the On Timer's channel and Volume. The on and off timers work independently of one another.
Melody: A unique melody plays when the TV is turned on and off. The melody volume is adjustable (Low/Medium/High), or you can turn this feature off if you prefer.
Energy Saver: This feature adjust the brightness of the TV in order to reduce power consumption. When watching TV at night, set the Energy Saver feature to High to reduce eye fatigue as well as power consumption. You can set this feature to High, Medium, Low or Off.
TV Only Remote: The supplied remote control is designed to only operate the Samsung LCD television. You can use the remote control up to a distance of about 23 feet from TV with a direct line of sight.
Pedestal Stand: The TV is shipped with the pedestal stand unattached. The pedestal stand consists of the two parts which need to be assembled (Pedestal stand and Guide stand). The pedestal stand then attaches to the television using the supplied hardware. The pedestal stand allows the TV to swivel left to right +/- 20-degrees. The television weighs 26.5 lbs with the stand
Wall Mounting: The TV has four threaded inserts on the back for use with an optional wall-mount bracket. The spacing of the mounting holes is VESA 200 x 200 (200mm horizontal x 200mm vertical) in accordance with the industry standards set by the Video Electronics Standards Association. The threaded inserts require M6 (6mm) machine screws (not supplied). The television weighs 19.3 lbs without the stand.
Kensington Lock: When mounting the monitor in a public place, you can secure it with an optional anti-theft device called a Kensington Lock. This TV has a slot on the rear panel to accommodate a Kensington Lock device.