About the Samsung The Freestyle
A compact and versatile projector
A compact and versatile projector
Samsung's The Freestyle doesn't look like any projector I've ever seen — and it doesn't exactly act like it, either. It has an unusual cylindrical design and sits in a cradle stand that allows it to rotate 180° — so you can cast a full HD picture almost anywhere on the wall or ceiling. And it's compact and lightweight enough that the walls don't even have to be your own.
Lacking couch real estate? Project the movie on your ceiling.
The Freestyle will automatically adjust the image size and focus so that you can enjoy a big screen experience — up to 100" — even on slanted surfaces. And it's not a problem if your walls aren't white. The smart calibration feature in the SmartThings app analyzes your wall color and lighting conditions and fine-tunes the picture settings for your environment. Or you can use the app to manually tweak brightness and color settings.
Content your way
The Freestyle includes the Tizen TV streaming platform built in, so you can access your favorite streaming services like Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ without having to hook up a separate source. And you can even search using your voice using the built-in voice assistant on the remote or the projector.
With Tap View, you can simply tap a compatible Samsung Galaxy phone on the projector to quickly engage wireless mirroring. Or use Apple AirPlay® 2 to cast content with your iPhone®.
The Freestyle offers a single micro HDMI port just in case you want to connect a more traditional source. Or you can use that port to connect the projector to a sound bar or receiver. It supports enhanced Audio Return Channel, so it can pass audio from the projector's built-in apps to your sound system.
More audio options
The Freestyle has a built-in 360° speaker, but if you want a little more impact you can connect to an external speaker with Bluetooth. Bluetooth works the other way, too, allowing you to play music from your phone.
The Freestyle can add soft, colorful ambiance lighting to your space.
Mirror your Samsung TV
Having family and friends over for some event viewing? The Freestyle can mirror what's playing on your compatible Samsung TV, as long as it's on the same Wi-Fi network. Project the action on the side of the house so you can enjoy it while you work the grill, and your guests can view the same content from the comfort of the living room couch.
Fun and practical accessories
The Freestyle's included lens cap can create colorful, diffused mood lighting when the projector isn't in use. And an optional socket adapter allows you to turn a light fixture into a mount so you can project down onto counters and tables. Samsung also offers a battery base accessory for a streamlined cord-free experience, or you can simply connect your own external USB battery pack for on-the-go fun.
- uses single-chip DLP system to display full HD picture (1920 x 1080 resolution)
- LED light source
- recommended screen size: 30" to 100"
- light output: 550 lumens
- 100,000:1 contrast ratio
- compatible with HDR10 and HLG High Dynamic Range video sources
- automatic focus for easy setup
- digital keystone correction allows for off-center placement
- built-in Tizen TV streaming platform lets you access your favorite streaming services like Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime Video without having to hook up a separate source
- Samsung TV Plus delivers subscription-free content
- built-in Bixby and Amazon Alexa voice control
- toggle switch lets you turn the projector's far-field microphone on and off
- tap a compatible Samsung Galaxy phone on the projector to quickly engage wireless mirroring (requires Android OS 8.1 and higher)
- built-in Apple AirPlay 2 allows wireless streaming from your Apple device
- adjust brightness and color settings using SmartThings app on compatible phones
- smart calibration feature analyzes wall color and lighting conditions to automatically optimize picture settings for your environment
- 1 micro (type D) HDMI port
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)/eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- two-way Bluetooth audio streaming
- pair the projector with compatible speakers and headphones
- send audio from your compatible device to the built-in speaker
- detachable power cord
- compatible with external USB-connected battery banks (sold separately) for portable operation
- ambient mode lets you display festive messages and pictures
- 180° cradle stand allows you to point it anywhere on a wall or ceiling
- socket adapter (sold separately) lets you mount it on a lamp to direct picture down
- built-in 360° mono speaker (5 watts)
- LED light source lasts up to 20,000 hours
- Samsung Smart Remote with voice assistant button included
- included lens cap creates diffused mood lighting effect
- cooling fan (30 dB)
- throw ratio: 1.2
- 4"W x 6-13/16"H x 3-3/4"D (including stand)
- weight: 1.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SP-LSP3BLAXZA
What's in the box:
- Portable video projector
- Lens cap (pre-installed)
- Stand (pre-installed)
- Remote control (BP59-00149A)
- USB/AC power adapter
- 69" USB-C cable
- Quick Setup Guide
- User Manual
- Warranty Information
- Important Notice
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung The Freestyle
Features & specs
|Native Resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Resolution with Pixel Shift||N/A|
|Picture Size Range||30 to 100 inches|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||550|
|Mounting Options and Design|
|Ultra Short Throw||No|
|HDR (High Dynamic Range)|
|Next-gen Gaming Features|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)||No|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)||No|
|4K/120Hz HDMI Inputs||None|
|Smart TV Features|
|Apple TV App||Yes|
|Apple AirPlay 2||Yes|
|HDMI Inputs||1 (microHDMI)|
|Audio Return Channel||eARC supported|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|USB Media Port||USB-C power|
|Approximate Lamp Life||20,000 hrs.|
|Vertical Lens Shift||No|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||No|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Type of Warranty Service||Carry-in|
DLP with LED Light Source: The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) is a portable DLP projector with an LED light source that delivers 1080p video resolution, 100,000:1 contrast ratio, and 550 lumens of brightness. It utilizes a single-chip DLP (Digital Light Processing) system by Texas Instruments (TI).
Crystal Picture Engine with 1080p Full HD: Samsung's Crystal Picture Engine is an ultra-fast processor to achieve an optimized high-definition picture. You'll also experience crystal-clear colors that are fine-tuned to deliver a naturally crisp and vivid picture. The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) has a native resolution of 1080p and will upscale standard definition (SD) to high definition (HD) 1080p.
PurColor + Contrast Enhancer: PurColor allows the Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) to express most shades of color as nature intended for optimal picture performance. Most projector's focus on the adjustment points of primary colors Red, Green and Blue. PurColor focuses on primary and secondary colors Magenta, Cyan and Yellow. You'll witness a wider spectrum of colors on the projector screen, just like the director intended. Samsung's Contrast Enhancer technology automatically balances the contrast to prevent excessive differences between bright and dark areas on the projection screen. As a result you'll enjoy enriched colors with dynamic contrast while watching your favorite movies, and shows.
Auto Motion Plus with LED Clear Motion: Samsung's Auto Motion Plus technology virtually eliminates any motion blur and creates smooth transitions between frames. Auto Motion Plus calculates the image between frames and inserts it, creating a non-repetitive transition from one to the next. Auto Motion Plus helps to remove blur and judder from scenes with large amounts of rapid movement to provide a clearer picture. It will reduce blur so that action movies, sports and video games have enhanced clarity. You can also enable LED Clear Motion to sharpen fast moving images. When fast moving objects are recognized, the TV's backlight behind the objects are adjusted accordingly.
Auto Correction & Auto Focus: The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) comes with full auto keystone and auto leveling features, that allow the projector to automatically adjust its screen to any surface at any angle, providing a perfectly proportional image every time. Additionally, the auto focus feature allows the Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) to display a crystal-clear image on any surface, at any angle, up to 100" in size.
microHDMI 2.0 Input: The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) is equipped with a single microHDMI 2.0 input to connect to your Blu-ray player, Satellite/Cable receiver, or computer. The microHDMI input can support up to 1080p video and is HDCP 1.4 compliant. It also supports 1080i, 720p, 480p, and 480i video. Please use a premium high speed HDMI cable with 18 Gbps and above to high definition (HD) video.
Note: The projector does not contain any analog audio/video inputs.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) features the ability to provide a premium High Dynamic Range (HDR) experience, with a higher level of contrast between light and dark images. HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your projector that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HDR10+: Samsung Electronics and Amazon Prime Video announced the entire Prime Video HDR library is now available in HDR10+, a new open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of projectors. Prime Video is the first streaming service provider to deliver HDR10+ content to its users. The HDR10+ technology on Prime Video incorporates dynamic metadata that allows the Samsung projector to adjust brightness levels on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis. By applying individualized tone mapping to each scene, HDR10+ delivers an incredible viewing experience. The picture quality offers an enhanced visual experience with more detailed expressions, brighter shadow areas and more accurate color renderings that stay true to the creator's original intent.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Note: This projector does not support Dolby Vision.
Picture Controls: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes - 16:9 (16:9 widescreen format), 4:3 (4:3 standard format), or Custom (magnifies or shrinks 16:9 pictures vertically and/or horizontally).
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments to the picture. Select from Dynamic (increases the brightness of the screen), Standard (suitable for a normal environment), or Movie (darkens the screen and reduces glare).
- Manual Picture Settings: The projector has several options for manually adjusting the picture quality. Manually adjust Contrast (increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture), Brightness (adjusts the brightness level of the picture) Sharpness (sharpens or dulls the edges of objects), Color (adjusts the color saturation of the picture), and Tint (adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture).
- Expert Settings: The projector also offers more advanced picture adjustments for expert fine tuning. Fine tune the
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the projectors using Cool/Normal/Warm 1/Warm 2 presets
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors)
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red/green/blue intensity)
- Shadow Detail: adjusts the brightness of dark images to increase detail in blacks
- HDMI Black Levels: adjusts the black level to compensate for low black levels, low contrast, or dull colors
- Film Mode: The projector can be set to automatically sense and process film signals and adjust the picture for optimum quality. This feature is only available for the built-in HDTV tuner and the projector's HDMI inputs (1080i only).
- Game Mode: You can set the Game Mode to optimize the projector's screen for better gaming performance and less lag.
Smart Calibration: The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) supports Smart Calibration within the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 13.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) using a compatible smartphone device released after January 2019. Using Smart Calibration and your compatible smartphone, you are able to automatically calibrate and adjust the projector screen's white balance, grayscale, gamma, and chromaticity to render the best picture possible. Smart Calibration takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
360 Degree Sound: The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) is equipped with a built-in 5 watt speaker system featuring a a dual passive radiator design that enables clean and deep bass without distortion. The projector's 360 degree sound radiation allows you to enjoy room-filling sound without external speakers.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): The Enhanced Audio Return Channel within the projector's microHDMI 2.0b input enables the projector, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the projector to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the projector. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the projector. eARC allows audio from the projector tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, or HDMI inputs connected device to be heard through your eARC compatible AV receiver via the projector's HDMI eARC input.
- The audio from the projector's microHDMI input and online apps can pass as Dolby Atmos (via Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- DLNA compliant devices will only output audio at 2ch PCM only.
- DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
- Your AV receiver or soundbar will also have to support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) to accommodate the playback of these high resolution audio formats. If your AV receiver or soundbar only supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), audio playback will be limited to Dolby Digital or 5.1ch/2ch PCM.
- The projector does not contain analog or optical/coaxial digital audio inputs.
Bluetooth Audio: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth 4.2 you can wirelessly connect a single set of Bluetooth headphones, a Bluetooth speaker, or a Bluetooth soundbar to the Samsung projector for audio playback. You are able to stream audio from any of the projector's Smart TV apps or its microHDMI input source to the Bluetooth headphones or speakers. You can choose to have the projector's speakers play at the same time as your Bluetooth headphones or speaker, or you can turn the projector speakers completely off. The volume of the Bluetooth headphones or speaker will be controlled via the headphones or speaker, and not the projector.
Note: The projector's microHDMI eARC will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker.
Audio Settings: The Samsung Freestyle projector also offers a variety of audio adjustments to help you meet your listening needs.
- Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the projector's built-in 7-band EQ (100, 200, 500, 1k, 2k, 5k, & 10k Hz) for a more customized sound.
- Auto Volume: The Auto Volume feature equalizes the sound automatically so that the volume level remains the same when you change between channels and sources.
WiFi 802.11ac: The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) is IEEE 802.11ac WiFi certified for a wireless network connection. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Automatic, Manual, WPS (PBC), or WPS (PIN). The projector's built-in WiFi supports WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), or WPA2-PSK network security. The projector should be positioned within 50' of the wireless router, modem, or access point.
- Samsung recommends a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better and a home network connection speed of at least 10Mbps for standard and high-definition streaming.
- The projector does not contain an Ethernet (RJ45) LAN jack for making a hardwired network connection.
Samsung Smart TV Apps: Once you have connected the Samsung Freestyle projector to your home network, you gain access to Samsung's TV Apps. Samsung's TV Apps let you download online applications and services to the projector. Samsung TV Apps has a growing collection of online applications that connect you to some of your favorite online content. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications - such as movies, TV shows, music, news, sports, and games (subscriptions and purchase fees will apply).
- Movies & TV Shows: Watch online movie & TV show providers from Amazon Video, HBO Max Netflix, Disney+, FandangoNow, Google Play Movies & TV, Paramount+, ShowTime, Vudu, and more. You'll also be able to watch live TV broadcasts from Hulu+Live, Sling TV and YouTubeTV.
- For The Kids: Get access to PBS Kids, Disney Now, and YouTube Kids for your children and the young at heart.
- Music & Radio: You can listen to online music and internet radio from Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, and more.
- News & Sports: Enjoy news & sports from CBS News, Newsy, ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, and more.
- Samsung recommends a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better and a home network connection speed of at least 10Mbps for standard and high-definition streaming.
- Make sure the Samsung projector has the latest software/firmware updates installed.
Samsung Curated Content: Samsung offers special curated online content for Entertainment & Fitness.
- Samsung TV Plus: With Samsung TV Plus, you can watch over 150+ live channels covering top news, sports, entertainment, and more. It’s 100% free and doesn't require any downloads or additional devices. Local channels not available. Available content may vary by region and is subsequent to change without notice.
- Samsung Health: Get the whole household moving with Samsung Health, Enjoy fitness content from wellness partners and build healthy habits with routines and more. Set and meet your fitness goals with on-screen data tracking for your completed workouts, total exercise time, calories burned and more - all of which can sync with a compatible wearable Samsung watch or device. Master your wellness routine with content from fitness partners and daily stats from the Samsung Health app. Some Samsung Health content and services may require additional payment.
Built-In Apple TV: The Samsung projector features built-in Apple TV with support for Apple Movies & projector Shows. With the new Apple TV app on the Samsung projector, you'll be able to access your existing Apple music library and browse the Apple Store to buy or rent from a selection of hundreds of thousands of movies and projector episodes (including the largest selection of 4K/HDR movies). The Apple TV app will work seamlessly with Samsung's Smart TV Services - such as Universal Guide, Keyword Search, and Bixby - to create a consistent experience across the Samsung user interface.
Note: Apple TV is not compatible with Alexa or Google Assistant voice control.
Content Mirroring: You are able to mirror video and photo content from your compatible mobile device on the Samsung projector. Smart View for Samsung Android devices and AirPlay 2 for Apple iOS devices are supported mirroring applications. Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to same wireless network as the Samsung projector. The projector also allows you to mirror content from Samsung TV.
- TV Access (for Samsung TV): With the new TV Access feature, you'll be able to mirror content from your Samsung TV on the Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) projector. You'll be able to mirror your Samsung TV's built-in OTA tuner and input sources.
- Smart View (for Android): You are able to mirror content from your Samsung Android smartphone with Smart View built-in to the Samsung Freestyle projector. You'll be able to mirror photos, videos, music, online apps and more on the big screen. With Tap View (for Samsung Galaxy devices with Android OS 8.1 and higher), you can even mirror your phone on the projector in seconds with just a tap on the projector's "NFC" logo on the top-panel.
- AirPlay 2 (for Apple iOS): With support for AirPlay 2, you will be able to wirelessly stream content (including videos, photos, music, podcasts, and more) directly from your Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.4 and newer) or Mac computer (OS X 10.13.2 and newer) to the Samsung projector's big screen - all without the need for an Apple TV or additional wired connection. AirPlay 2 does not support Multi View.
Content Share: You can play media content saved on your computer (via DLNA), and the cloud (via Samsung Cloud) through the Samsung projector. Compatible video file formats include AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, and MOV. Compatible photo file formats include JPEG, PNG, BMP, and MPO. Compatible audio file formats include MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, and OGG.
- DLNA Certified: The Samsung projector is DLNA certified, allowing you to watch videos and photos, as well as listen to music saved on your Windows 7/8/10 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the projector via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless).
- Gallery App (Samsung Cloud): The built-in Gallery App lets you view photos and videos synchronized with the Samsung Cloud. You can enjoy various content synchronized with a mobile device that supports the Samsung cloud. The available content types are photos, videos, stories, and other content shared through your groups.
SmartThings Compatible: From the Samsung projector's on-screen dashboard, you can monitor, configure, and control smart devices you connected to the SmartThings service via the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) installed on your compatible smartphone or tablet device. You'll receive notifications about the statuses of your smart devices on the projector's screen. You'll also be able to create custom modes to easily control multiple smart devices with a single command from the projector. Control of your SmartThings devices can be done from the included remote with Bixby or your mobile device running the SmartThings app.
- SmartThings & Samsung Devices: With SmartThings hub functionality, the Samsung allows you to connect and control SmartThings compatible devices - including a Multipurpose Sensor, a Motion Sensor, a Arrival Sensor, a Water Leak Sensor, and a Smart Outlet (all sold separately - see Accessories Tab). It is also compatible with a number of Samsung appliances - including refrigerators and washers/dryer machines.
Internet of Things (IoT): In addition to being compatible with SmartThings and other Samsung network-enabled products, Samsung Connect Home is compatible with a number of third-party network devices that support Internet of Things (IoT) through Z-Wave, zigbee, LAN, or Cloud-to-Cloud; including locks (from Kwikset & Schlage), thermostats (from Honeywell), cameras (such as Netgear Arlo), light bulbs (such as Philips Hue), and more.
Full Web Browser: You can surf the Internet on the projector as you would on a PC. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can scroll web pages with the directional pad on the included remote. For a more convenient web browsing experience, connect a USB- or Bluetooth-enabled keyboard and mouse (sold separately) to the projector.
Smart Remote: The included Smart Remote wirelessly connects to the Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) via Bluetooth LTE, has a built-in microphone for voice control (using Bixby, Alexa, or Google), and offers a minimal button layout for simple control. Google); It even offers dedicated push-buttons for Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and Samsung TV Plus. The remote has a wireless operating range of approximately 20' and does not require direct line of sight. The remote is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery.
- Bluetooth LTE Pairing: When you turn on the projector for the first time, the Smart Remote pairs to the projector automatically. If the remote does not pair to the projector automatically, point it at the remote control sensor of the projector, and then press and hold the "Back/Return" and "Play/Pause" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds or more.
- Rechargeable Battery: The remote's built-in battery can be charged through its USB-C port, so you can charge the battery using the same USB-C cable and USB/AC power adapter used to power the projector (you will need to unplug the projector). The remote's built-in battery can also be charged using a separate USB-C cable and other USB/AC power adapter (both sold separately). The battery is non-replaceable.
Multiple Voice Assistants with Wakeup Word: Using the remote's or projector's built-in microphone and Bixby, Alexa, or Google voice recognition, your voice is all you need to control the TV and your SmartThings compatible devices. Because the remote communicates with the TV through a wireless Bluetooth communication, you don't even have to point the remote directly at the TV. Bixby, Alexa, or Google can be activated by from the remote by simply pressing and holding the "mic" button on the remote, and then speaking into the remote's mic. You can also active one of the digital voice assistance by simply saying "Hi Bixby", "Alexa", or "Hey Google" into the projector's farfield microphone. The projector's on-screen setup menu lets you choose which voice control service (Bixby, Alexa, or Google) you want to use and provides a brief tutorial. Bixby, Alexa, and Google is only available when the projector is connected to the Internet. Bixby will require an active Samsung account user log-in, while Alexa requires an active Amazon account user log-in, and Google Assistant will require an active Google account user log-in.
- TV Control: Use the built-in microphone and Bixby, Alexa, or Google to turn on/off the Samsung television, adjust menu settings, change channels or inputs, adjust the volume, and even launch your favorite online music or movie apps.
- SmartThings Control: Using the built-in microphone with Bixby, Alexa, or Google and the TV's on-screen dashboard, you'll be able control your connected SmartThings and IoT devices. It will know all your connected devices, so all you have to do is say a command.
Questions & Answers: You can also use the remote to ask Bixby, Alexa, or Google questions about the weather, traffic, news, sports, etc.
- Mic Switch: There is manual mic switch on the projector that turns off the projector's built-in farfield microphone, so you have to press the "mic" button on the remote to activate one of the digital voice assistance, giving you more privacy.
Universal Remote Control Function: You can control external devices connected to the projector via HDMI using the Smart Remote via HDMI-CEC, Samsung's Anynet+, and Auto Source Recognition.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): You can use the projector's One Smart Remote to control external devices that are connected to the projector by an HDMI cable and that support Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control up to 12 compliant external devices (up to 3 of the same type) except for home theaters; Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control only one home theater system.
- Auto Source Recognition: The projector uses Auto Source Recognition technology to automatically detect what kind of devices are plugged in via HDMI; then the One Smart Remote makes it simple to control these detected devices through the projector via HDMI-CEC. Auto Source Recognition and controlling function may not be supported by certain devices connected to the projector. To use the Auto Source Recognition feature, all HDMI-connected devices must also be on the same network and Internet connection is required.
Note: The remote control and projector do not support IR commands.
SmartThings App: Use the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) to turn your compatible smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the Samsung projector. Use the SmartThings app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to quickly and easily connect to the projector and control its main settings from your smartphone or tablet. In addition, you can remotely check and control the statuses of various devices such as Samsung smart devices, home appliances, and speakers registered to the server. Through the SmartThings app, you can even use Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy S8 series or higher mobile device to operate the projector via voice commands (not compatible with Apple iOS or older Android devices).
Remote Access: The new Remote Access feature on the Samsung projector provides you wireless, on-screen control over connected peripheral devices, enabling convenient web browsing, cloud office access and more. Remote Access allows you to directly control your devices connected to the TV with a keyboard and mouse in addition to simply displaying the content on a larger screen. With Remote Access, input devices, including keyboards, can be connected to the Samsung projector, making it easier for you to control your on-screen content. Without a separate HDMI cable connection, you can remotely access a PC in your room through the projector in your living room to perform various tasks including surfing the web or playing games from the projector's screen using a connected keyboard and mouse. Additionally, web browser-based cloud office service can be accessed through Remote Access, so you can now access files and work on documents from the projector.
Note: To address security concerns surrounding wireless connectivity and cloud services, Samsung has integrated its proprietary Knox security technology into its Remote Access features. Knox is supported with regular firmware updates for continuous protection. Knox has been certified by Common Criteria for its security performance and is the only security solution in the industry to receive this certification.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung Freestyle projector will support a Bluetooth enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately), which makes web browsing a lot easier.
Smart Hub via Tizen: The projector's Smart Hub via Tizen offers easy navigation and quickly access to off-air and online content, as well as menu settings (many of these features can be done while still watching a program). The Smart Hub offers convenient access to content by displaying your favorite and most used projector applications, as well as recommendations for even more entertainment options. Samsung's Smart Hub offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the projector's tuner and network apps.
- Universal Guide & Keyword Search: The projector's Universal Guide provides a list of curated content from broadcast and streaming channels, personalized just for you - so you can easily find your favorite content, all in one place. You can also type in a keyword to search for projector shows & movies across platforms, like over-the-air broadcasts and available online providers.
- Smart TV Apps: From the projector's Home Screen, you can easily select the apps that have used previously or frequently. The apps can also be moved or deleted from the screen. You are also able to easily view, navigate and select between the following App categories - Editor's Choice, Most Popular, Downloaded Apps, Group Content, and Genre.
- Channel Guide & Favorite Channels: In the Channel Guide, you can see the daily program schedules for each off-air broadcaster and Samsung projector Plus channels, see program information, choose a program to watch, and set up a schedule viewing. You can even designate frequently watched off-air stations as Favorites (up to 5).
- Notifications & Reminders: Set notifications & reminders to display on screen. You'll get a pop up message on the corner of your projector screen when there is a notification or reminder.
Connection Guide: The projector's on-screen Connection Guide lets you view detailed information about external devices (microHDMI, Bluetooth, DLNA, etc) that can be connected to the projector. It shows you how to connect the various external devices using on-screen images. You can also change the input name of a connected external device or add it to the Home Screen for easier access.
Ambient Mode with Music Wall: When it's not used as a projector to stream content, the Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXA) also provides mood lighting effect thanks to its ambient mode and translucent lens cap. Its visual effects can be projected on the wall, floors, and practically anywhere else. The Music Wall screen is a function that allows you to enjoy music along with projected visual video effects that change according to the genre and beat of the music.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The Samsung QLED TV offers Closed Captions and Voice Guides for the hearing and visually impaired. The TV provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guides that describe the menu options aloud to aid the visually impaired.
Security Settings: The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) offers security features for Smart TV Apps and the Internet.
- App Lock: You can block specific apps from being accessed by your children. These blocked apps can only be accessed by entering the same 4-digit PIN used for TV programs.
- Smart Security: When any device is connected to the Internet, it is vulnerable to hacks and malicious code. Samsung Smart Security protects the TV and storage media connected to the TV from such threats, when the television is connected to the Internet.
Remote Support: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your projector, adjust the projector settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates. Your projector must be connected to your homes wired or wireless network.
- The projector only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the projector and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the projector's many features.
Auto Updates: If the projector is connected to the Internet, you can have the projector update its software automatically while you are watching it. When the background update is completed, it is applied the next time the projector is turned on. Updates can also be done via USB. Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware & Software updates.
- Do not turn off the projector's power until the update is complete. The projector will turn off and on automatically after completing the software update. Video and audio settings will be reset to their defaults after a software update.
Mounting Options: The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) is a portable projector that comes with its own adjustable stand. It can be mounted on tabletop or on the floor. The stand allows the projector to rotate 180 degrees so the display image can be projector on a wall, ceiling or floor. You can move the projector to the left or right to adjust its angle. Alternatively, adjust the top and bottom angles until the screen shape becomes rectangular.
- Vertical Dimensions: 4.4375" (w) x 6.875" (h) x 3.8125" (d)
- Horizontal Dimensions: 4.4375" (w) x 4.9375" (h) x 6.125" (d)
Note: The actual dimensions will vary based on the angle and orientation of the projector.
Mounting Distance: The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) supports screen size of 30" to 100". You can move the projector back and forth to adjust the screen size.
|Screen Size (Diagonal)||Projector Mounting Distance From Front of Screen|
Power Requirements: The Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) can be operated via AC power or battery power (optional). There is a USB-C port that allows you to connect the included 69" USB-C cable and USB/AC power adapter. You can also connect an optional battery power pack (sold separately) to the USB-C port.
Note: The projector does not include a built-in battery.
Lightweight & Portable: Thanks to its lightweight and minimal design, the Samsung Freestyle (SP-LSP3BLAXZA) is highly portable, allowing you to hold it in one hand, and can be used with ease both indoors and outside.
Note: The projector is portable and can be used outdoors, but it is not weather, water, or dust resistant. The projector should never be left outdoors for long periods of time when not in use. The projector should not be used in extreme heat or during any precipitation (rain, snow, etc..).
1 question already asked