About the Samsung The Premiere LSP9T
A living room-friendly projector
A living room-friendly projector
Unlike the utilitarian look of most projectors, Samsung's Premiere Series offers a very decor-friendly way to achieve theater-like drama for your movie nights at home. Both models feature a sleek, compact form wrapped in premium Kvadrat fabric so they will look great wherever you put them. But this top-of-the-line LSP9T has a much shorter throw distance so it can hug your wall on a low table or cabinet almost directly under your screen.
The Premiere LSP9T's elegant design makes it an attractive solution for all kinds of rooms.
A big and bright 4K picture
The Premiere LSP9T's long-lasting triple laser light source can project a sharp 4K image up to whopping 130". It also gets bright enough to deliver rich HDR color, even in rooms with some ambient light. This could be a seriously immersive upgrade to your Saturday binge-watching sessions.
It also has Filmmaker Mode™ which automatically adjusts the picture settings to preserve the director's intent. This feature is offered on a growing number of high-end TVs, but I'm excited to see it available on a projector for the first time.
The LSP9T includes the Tizen TV streaming platform built in, so you can access your favorite streaming services like Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ without having to hook up a separate source. And you can even search using your voice thanks to the remote's built-in voice assistant.
Audio is included, too
Most projectors have only a tiny speaker, or no speaker at all, with the expectation that you'll be connecting your own separate sound system. The Premiere LSP9T allows you to keep the installation super-streamlined with a more robust built-in 4.2-channel system. It features Samsung's unique Acoustic Beam technology with flute-like ports that help direct individual sounds so they accurately line up with the on-screen action.
More connections are there if you need them
There are three HDMI inputs for connecting other gear, like a Blu-ray player or a laptop. And one input is compatible with enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) for added flexibility if you do want to connect a separate sound system. A USB port lets you plug in a digital camera or other compatible device. And since it's an ultra short throw projector, you don't need to worry about long cable runs between it and your sources.
For the best picture quality with this projector, we recommend using an ultra short throw screen.
- ultra short throw design lets you place the projector almost directly under the screen
- DLP system with 3840 x 2160 4K native resolution
- bright, triple laser light source delivers crisp image quality, instant on/off, and 20,000-hour life span
- recommended screen size: 100" to 130"
- light output: 2800 lumens
- 1,500:1 contrast ratio (ANSI)
- compatible with HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG High Dynamic Range video sources
- Filmmaker Mode automatically adjusts picture settings to preserve the director's intent
- built-in Tizen TV streaming platform lets you access your favorite streaming services like Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Prime Video without having to hook up a separate source
- built-in Bixby and Amazon Alexa voice control
- tap a compatible Samsung Galaxy phone on the projector to quickly engage wireless mirroring (requires Android OS 8.1 and higher)
- 3 HDMI inputs
- HDMI 1 input supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)/eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- 1 USB input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- built-in tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- RS-232C port for external control of the projector via compatible computer or third-party control device
- detachable power cord
- decor-friendly design features premium Kvadrat fabric
- cooling fan (32 dB)
- built-in 4.2-channel speaker system (40 watts)
- dual Acoustic Beam arrays deliver panoramic sound synced to the on-screen action
- Samsung OneRemote included for easy control of projector and compatible connected devices
- throw ratio: 0.189
- 21-11/16"W x 5-9/16"H x 14-1/2"D
- weight: 25.4 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SP-LSP9TFAXZA
What's in the box:
- Video projector
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- Quick Setup Guide
- User Manual
- Connect Diagram
- Warranty Information
- Important Safety Precautions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung The Premiere LSP9T
Features & specs
|Aspect Ratio||WPA, WPA2|
|Resolution (pixels)||3840 x 2160|
|Approximate Lamp Life||20,000 hrs.|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||2800|
|Vertical Lens Shift||No|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||No|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||No|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Type of Warranty Service||In-home or Carry-in|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|Component Video Inputs||None|
|Composite Video Inputs||None|
|USB Media Port|
4K UHD Ultra-Bright Triple Laser: The Samsung Premiere LSP9T projector utilizes cutting-edge, triple laser technology and 4K resolution to deliver heightened contrast, precise color accuracy, and impeccable detail. You'll enjoy an immersive viewing experience from almost any angle with up to a 130" projector screen (sold separately), while crystal 4K resolution provides staggeringly crisp images and optimized color expression. You'll also enjoy perfectly lit shows, movies and games with 2800 lumens of brightness so you can catch every detail, any hour of the day (special built-in sensors automatically reduce brightness when it detects anyone near). The triple laser light source lasts up to 20,000 hours; that's 10x longer than a regular UHP lamp.
- UHD Processor: The Premiere LSP9T projector employs Samsung's UHD Processor. This powerful processor optimizes the performance with 4K picture quality.
- PurColor: Samsung's PurColor technology lets you experience colors that are fine-tuned to deliver a naturally beautiful picture.
Note: This projector complies with the CTA 4K Ultra High-Definition Connected definition requirements. The trade organization known as the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) is considered an industry authority on engineering standards for consumer electronics in the United States. Visit www.cta.tech for more information.
HDMI 2.0b Inputs: The Samsung projector is equipped with three HDMI 2.0b inputs to connect to your Blu-ray player, Satellite/Cable receiver, Game Console, and/or AV receiver. Any HDMI input can also be used to connect a PC to this projector. All HDMI inputs are 4K compatible, HDCP 2.2 compliant, and support 4:4:4 color subsampling. Please use a premium high speed HDMI cable with 18 Gbps and above to view 4K HDR content.
- Supported Resolutions: Supported video resolutions include 4k (24/30/50/60Hz), 1080p (24/30/50/60Hz), 1080i (50/60Hz), 720p (50/60Hz), 480p (60Hz), and 480i (60Hz). The HDMI inputs' "Input Signal Plus" setting should be turned on if you will be watching 4K sources.
- HDCP 2.2 Compliant: HDCP 2.2 compliance makes the projector fully compatible with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission from Ultra-HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite//Cable providers.
- Color Subsampling: With 4:4:4 (8-bit/60Hz) color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. 4:2:2 (10-bit/60Hz) and 4:2:0 (10-bit/60Hz) are also supported by all HDMI inputs.
Note: The projector does not contain any analog video inputs.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): The Samsung projector features the ability to provide a premium High Dynamic Range (HDR) experience, with a higher level of contrast between light and dark images. HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- HDR10: HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your projector that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- HDR10+: Samsung Electronics and Amazon Prime Video announced the entire Prime Video HDR library is now available in HDR10+, a new open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of projectors. Prime Video is the first streaming service provider to deliver HDR10+ content to its users. The HDR10+ technology on Prime Video incorporates dynamic metadata that allows the Samsung projector to adjust brightness levels on a scene-by-scene or even frame-by-frame basis. By applying individualized tone mapping to each scene, HDR10+ delivers an incredible viewing experience. The picture quality offers an enhanced visual experience with more detailed expressions, brighter shadow areas and more accurate color renderings that stay true to the creator's original intent.
- HLG: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
Note: This projector does not support Dolby Vision.
Gaming Enhancer: You can enable Game Mode to optimize the projector's settings for playing video games with a gaming console. Game Mode bypasses and disables some of the TV's video processing to allow for faster video gaming response time. In accordance with the HGiG (HDR Gaming Interest Group) standard, the TV sets the optimal image quality for HDR games according to the brightness information of the contents.
Picture Controls: You can make the following adjustments for an optimum picture. The projector's picture adjustments can be made for a particular AV input or for all inputs.
- Picture Sizes: You can choose one of the following screen sizes - 16:9 (16:9 widescreen format), 4:3 (4:3 standard format), or Custom (magnifies or shrinks 16:9 pictures vertically and/or horizontally). 4:3 cannot be select for Ultra HD 4K video and images.
- Picture Modes: Picture Modes apply preset adjustments to the picture. Select from Dynamic (increases the brightness of the screen), Standard (suitable for a normal environment), Movie (darkens the screen and reduces glare), or Filmmaker (reserves the director’s creative intent and provides a cinematic experience).
- Manual Picture Settings: The projector has several options for manually adjusting the picture quality. Manually adjust Backlight (adjusts the brightness of the LED backlight), Contrast (increases or decreases the contrast between dark and light areas of the picture), Brightness (adjusts the brightness level of the picture) Sharpness (sharpens or dulls the edges of objects), Color (adjusts the color saturation of the picture), and Tint (adjusts the amount of green and red in a picture).
- Expert Settings: The projector also offers more advanced
picture adjustments for expert fine tuning. Fine tune the
- Contrast Enhancer: automatically balances the contrast to prevent excessive differences between bright and dark areas
- Color Tone: adjusts the overall color tone of the projectors using Cool/Normal/Warm 1/Warm 2 presets
- Color Space: adjusts the range of colors available to create the image
- White Balance: adjusts the color temperature for more natural picture colors)
- RGB: displays the Red/Green/Blue color for making fine adjustments to the hue and saturation
- Gamma: adjusts the primary color (red/green/blue intensity)
- Shadow Detail: adjusts the brightness of dark images to increase detail in blacks
- HDMI Black Levels: adjusts the black level to compensate for low black levels, low contrast, or dull colors generated by external devices connected to the projector via an HDMI cable; this function is only available when the input signal connected to the projector via an HDMI connector is set to RGB 4:4:4
- Noise Reduction: reduce picture noise to avoid distractions such as flickering
- Film Mode: The projector can be set to automatically sense and process film signals and adjust the picture for optimum quality. This feature is only available for the built-in HDTV tuner and the projector's HDMI inputs (1080i only).
Built-in HDTV Tuner: The projector features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): The Enhanced Audio Return Channel within the projector's HDMI 1 input enables the projector, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the projector to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the projector. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the projector. eARC allows audio from the projector tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, or HDMI inputs connected device to be heard through your eARC compatible AV receiver via the projector's HDMI eARC input.
- The audio from the projector's tuner, HDMI inputs, USB ports, and Samsung projector apps can pass as Dolby Atmos (via Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- DLNA compliant devices will only output audio at 2ch PCM only.
- DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: Your AV receiver or soundbar will also have to support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) to accommodate the playback of these high resolution audio formats. If your AV receiver or soundbar only supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), audio playback will be limited to Dolby Digital or 5.1ch/2ch PCM.
Optical Digital Output: The projector's optical digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2ch PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, or USB ports. When the projector's optical digital output is selected, the projector's speakers are muted. DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Note: This projector does not contain any analog audio outputs.
Wireless Audio Connectivity: The Samsung projector provides wireless surround connectivity to compatible Samsung soundbars and speakers via WiFi. You can also wirelessly stream audio from the projector to a set of Bluetooth headphones or Bluetooth powered speakers.
- WiFi Surround: If you've connected one or more Samsung wireless audio devices that support the WiFi function to the projector, you can create an optimal sound set up by configuring the surround effect settings. You can select any of the surround sound configurations, with or without a soundbar. During a WiFi Connection, audio is transmitted in stereo (not Dolby Digital) from the projector while the compatible Samsung speakers create a simulated surround sound effect.
- Bluetooth Audio: Thanks to built-in Bluetooth, 4.2 you can wirelessly connect a single set of Bluetooth headphones, a stereo pair of Bluetooth speakers, or a single Bluetooth speaker with the Samsung projector. You are able to stream audio from any of the projector's built-in sources or connected sources to the Bluetooth headphones or speakers. The projector's built-in speakers, digital audio output, and HDMI eARC will be deactivated when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speaker. he volume of the Bluetooth headphones or speaker will be controlled via the headphones or speaker, and not the projector.
Note: You cannot use the WiFi Surround and Bluetooth Audio feature simultaneously (you must choose one or the other).
Audio Settings: The Samsung projector also offers a variety of audio adjustments to help you meet your listening needs.
- Sound Modes: The Adaptive Sound mode provides optimized sound quality by analyzing the acoustic components (dialog, music and special effects) of the audio content scene-to-scene. The Amplify Sound mode enhances midrange and high frequency sounds, which is useful when voices are difficult to hear. The Standard Sound mode provides a balanced sound where no tones are over emphasized.
- Equalizer: You can manually adjusts the projector's built-in 7-band EQ (100, 200, 500, 1k, 2k, 5k, & 10k Hz) for a more customized sound.
- Auto Volume: The Auto Volume feature equalizes the sound automatically so that the volume level remains the same when you change between channels and sources.
- Audio Delay: The Audio Delay function corrects audio/video mismatch, when watching projector or video, and listening to a digital audio output using an external device such as an AV receiver. You can adjust the audio delay from 0ms to 250 ms.
Wired or Wirelees Network Connection: You can set up the Samsung Premiere LSP9T so that it can access your home network and select online entertainment apps through your local area network (LAN) using a wired (RJ-45 Ethernet) or wireless connection (built-in WiFi)/
- Wired Ethernet: The projector's contains an RJ-45 Ethernet jack on its back-panel for a wired network connection. You can setup a wired network connection automatically or manually.
- WiFi 802.11ac: The projector is IEEE 802.11ac WiFi certified for a wireless network connection. You can setup the wireless network connection using these four methods; Automatic, Manual, WPS (PBC), or WPS (PIN). The projectors's built-in WiFi supports WEP (open/shared), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), or WPA2-PSK network security. The projector should be positioned within 50' of the wireless router, modem, or access point.
Note: Samsung recommends a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router or better and a home network connection speed of at least 10Mbps for standard and high-definition streaming or 25Mbps for 4K streaming.
Smart TV Powered by TIZEN: The Premiere LSP9T features Smart TV powered by TIZEN, which allows access to select Samsung's TV Apps. With Smart TV powered by TIZEN, you can download online apps and services to the LSP9T projector. Samsung TV Apps has a growing collection of online entertainment apps that connect you to some of your favorite online content. You can enjoy a variety of content from various downloaded applications - such as movies, TV shows, music, news, sports, and games (subscriptions and purchase fees will apply).
- Movies & TV Shows: Watch online movie & TV show providers from Amazon Video, Hulu+Live, HBO Max Netflix, Disney+, FandangoNow, Google Play Movies & TV, Paramount+, ShowTime, Vudu, and more. You'll also be able to watch live TV broadcasts from Sling TV and YouTubeTV.
- Samsung TV Plus: With Samsung TV Plus, you can watch over 100+ live channels covering top news, sports, entertainment, and more. It’s 100% free and doesn’t require any downloads or additional devices. Local channels not available. Available content may vary by region and is subsequent to change without notice.
- For The Kids: Get access to PBS Kids, Disney Now, and YouTube Kids for your children and the young at heart.
- Music & Radio: You can listen to online music and internet radio from Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, and more.
- Gaming: The projector offers built-in Steam Link functionality through the Steam Link app which can be downloaded from the Samsung Smart Hub. This app uses the same streaming technology as Valve's Steam Link, allowing you to stream all your favorite games seamlessly with amazing graphics and speed. Separate USB or Bluetooth controllers (sold separately) are required for gaming.
- News & Sports: Enjoy news & sports from CBS News, Newsy, ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC Sports, and more.
- 4K & HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 25Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router (or better) for 4K & HDR streaming. Make sure the Samsung television has the latest software/firmware updates installed.
Built-In Apple TV: The Samsung projector features built-in Apple TV with support for Apple Movies & projector Shows. With the new Apple TV app on the Samsung projector, you'll be able to access your existing Apple music library and browse the Apple Store to buy or rent from a selection of hundreds of thousands of movies and projector episodes (including the largest selection of 4K/HDR movies). The Apple TV app will work seamlessly with Samsung's Smart projector Services - such as Universal Guide, Keyword Search, and Bixby - to create a consistent experience across the Samsung user interface.
Note: Apple TV is not compatible with Alexa or Google Assistant voice control.
Mobile Device Mirroring: You are able to mirror video and photo content from your compatible mobile device on the Samsung projector. Smart View for Samsung Android devices and AirPlay 2 for Apple iOS devices are supported mirroring applications. Your Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to same wireless network as the Samsung projector.
- Smart View (for Android): You are able to mirror content from your Samsung Android smartphone with Smart View built-in to the Samsung Premiere LSP9T. You'll be able to mirror photos, videos, music, online apps and more on the big screen. With Tap View (for Samsung Galaxy devices with Android OS 8.1 and higher), you can even mirror your phone on the projector in seconds with just a tap on the projector's "NFC" logo on the top-panel.
- AirPlay 2 (for Apple iOS): With support for AirPlay 2, you will be able to wirelessly stream content (including videos, photos, music, podcasts, and more) directly from your Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11.4 and newer) or Mac computer (OS X 10.13.2 and newer) to the Samsung projector's big screen - all without the need for an Apple TV or additional wired connection. AirPlay 2 does not support Multi View.
Content Share: You can play media content saved on your computer (via DLNA), thumbdrive or hard disk drive (via USB), and the cloud (via Samsung Cloud) through the Samsung projector.
- DLNA Certified: The Samsung projector is DLNA certified, allowing you to watch videos and photos, as well as listen to music saved on your Windows 7/8/10 PC (or other DLNA Certified media server) through the projector via its Ethernet (LAN) port or built-in WiFi (wireless).
- USB 2.0 Port: The projector is equipped with a USB-A 2.0 port (5V/0.5A) for connection of a USB thumbdrive or external HDDD (an external HDD will require its own AC power adapter). The USB-A 2.0 port lets you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB device. Files must be formatted in FAT, exFAT, or NTFS. The projector can recognize up to 1,000 files per folder.
- Gallery App (Samsung Cloud): The built-in Gallery App lets you view photos and videos synchronized with the Samsung Cloud. You can enjoy various content synchronized with a mobile device that supports the Samsung cloud. The available content types are photos, videos, stories, and other content shared through your groups.
Note: Compatible video file formats include AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, and MOV. Compatible photo file formats include JPEG, PNG, BMP, and MPO. Compatible audio file formats include MP3, WMA, AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, WAV, and OGG.
SmartThings Compatible: From the Samsung projector's on-screen dashboard, you can monitor, configure, and control smart devices you connected to the SmartThings service via the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) installed on your compatible smartphone or tablet device. You'll receive notifications about the statuses of your smart devices on the projector's screen. You'll also be able to create custom modes to easily control multiple smart devices with a single command from the projector. Control of your SmartThings devices can be done from the included remote with Bixby or your mobile device running the SmartThings app.
- SmartThings & Samsung Devices: With SmartThings hub
functionality, the Samsung allows you to connect and control SmartThings
compatible devices - including a Multipurpose Sensor, a Motion Sensor, a Arrival Sensor, a Water Leak Sensor, and a Smart Outlet (all sold separately - see Accessories Tab). It is also compatible with a number
of Samsung appliances - including refrigerators and washers/dryer machines.
Internet of Things (IoT): In addition to being compatible with SmartThings and other Samsung network-enabled products, Samsung Connect Home is compatible with a number of third-party network devices that support Internet of Things (IoT) through Z-Wave, zigbee, LAN, or Cloud-to-Cloud; including locks (from Kwikset & Schlage), thermostats (from Honeywell), cameras (such as Netgear Arlo), light bulbs (such as Philips Hue), and more.
Full Web Browser: You can surf the Internet on the projector as you would on a PC. You may enter a URL addresses or enter a keyword search. The player will archive your web browser history. You can scroll web pages with the directional pad on the included remote. For a more convenient web browsing experience, connect a USB- or Bluetooth-enabled keyboard and mouse (sold separately) to the projector.
Smart Remote: The included Smart Remote wirelessly connects to the Premiere LSP9T via Bluetooth LTE, has a built-in microphone for voice control (using Bixby, Alexa, or Google), and offers a minimal button layout for simple control. It is powered by two "AAA" batteries. When you turn on the projector for the first time, the Smart Remote pairs to the projector automatically. If the remote does not pair to the projector automatically, point it at the remote control sensor of the projector, and then press and hold the "Back/Return" and "Play/Pause" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds or more. The remote has a wireless operating range of approximately 20' and does not require direct line of sight.
Multiple Voice Assistants: Using the Samsung One Smart Remote's built-in microphone and Bixby, Alexa, or Google voice recognition, your voice is all you need to control the projector and your SmartThing compatible devices. Because the One Smart Remote communicates with the projector through a wireless Bluetooth communication, you don't even have to point the remote directly at the projector. Bixby, Alexa, or Google can be activated by pressing and holding "mic" button on the remote and then speaking into the remote's built-in mic ("Hi Bixby", "Alexa", and "Hey/OK Google" wakeup commands are not supported). The projector's on-screen setup menu lets you choose which voice control service (Bixby, Alexa, or Google) you want to use and provides a brief tutorial. Bixby, Alexa, and Google is only available when the projector is connected to the Internet. Bixby will require an active Samsung account user log-in, while Alexa requires an active Amazon account user log-in, and Google Assistant will require an active Google account user log-in.
- Projector Control: Use the remote's built-in microphone and Bixby, Alexa, or Google to turn on/off the Samsung projector, adjust menu settings, change channels or inputs, adjust the volume, and even launch your favorite online music or movie apps.
- SmartThings Control: Using the remote's built-in
microphone with Bixby, Alexa, or Google and the projector's on-screen dashboard, you'll be able control your
connected SmartThing and IoT devices. It will know all your connected
devices, so all you have to do is say a command.
Questions & Answers: You can also use the One Smart Remote to ask Bixby, Alexa, or Google questions about the weather, traffic, news, sports, etc.
Universal Remote Control Function: You can control external devices connected to the projector via HDMI using the Smart Remote via HDMI-CEC, Samsung's Anynet+, and Auto Source Recognition.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): You can use the projector's One Smart Remote to control external devices that are connected to the projector by an HDMI cable and that support Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control up to 12 compliant external devices (up to 3 of the same type) except for home theaters; Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) can control only one home theater system.
- Auto Source Recognition: The projector uses Auto Source Recognition technology to automatically detect what kind of devices are plugged in via HDMI; then the One Smart Remote makes it simple to control these detected devices through the projector via HDMI-CEC. Auto Source Recognition and controlling function may not be supported by certain devices connected to the projector. To use the Auto Source Recognition feature, all HDMI-connected devices must also be on the same network and Internet connection is required.
Note: The remote control and projector do not support IR commands.
SmartThings App: Use the SmartThings app (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 7.0+) to turn your compatible smartphone or tablet into a remote control for the Samsung projector. Use the SmartThings app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device to quickly and easily connect to the projector and control its main settings from your smartphone or tablet. In addition, you can remotely check and control the statuses of various devices such as Samsung smart devices, home appliances, and speakers registered to the server. Through the SmartThings app, you can even use Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy S8 series or higher mobile device to operate the projector via voice commands (not compatible with Apple iOS or older Android devices).
Remote Access: The new Remote Access feature on the Samsung projector provides you wireless, on-screen control over connected peripheral devices, enabling convenient web browsing, cloud office access and more. Remote Access allows you to directly control your devices connected to the TV with a keyboard and mouse in addition to simply displaying the content on a larger screen. With Remote Access, input devices, including keyboards, can be connected to the Samsung projector, making it easier for you to control your on-screen content. Without a separate HDMI cable connection, you can remotely access a PC in your room through the projector in your living room to perform various tasks including surfing the web or playing games from the projector's screen using a connected keyboard and mouse. Additionally, web browser-based cloud office service can be accessed through Remote Access, so you can now access files and work on documents from the projector.
Note: To address security concerns surrounding wireless connectivity and cloud services, Samsung has integrated its proprietary Knox security technology into its Remote Access features. Knox is supported with regular firmware updates for continuous protection. Knox has been certified by Common Criteria for its security performance and is the only security solution in the industry to receive this certification.
Keyboard & Mouse Compatible: The Samsung Premiere LSP9T will support a USB or Bluetooth enabled keyboard and mouse (both sold separately), which makes web browsing a lot easier.
Smart Hub via Tizen: The projector's Smart Hub via Tizen offers easy navigation and quickly access to off-air and online content, as well as menu settings (many of these features can be done while still watching a program). The Smart Hub offers convenient access to content by displaying your favorite and most used projector applications, as well as recommendations for even more entertainment options. Samsung's Smart Hub offers unique ways to search and access your favorite and new content from the projector's tuner and network apps.
- Universal Guide & Keyword Search: The projector's Universal Guide provides a list of curated content from broadcast and streaming channels, personalized just for you - so you can easily find your favorite content, all in one place. You can also type in a keyword to search for projector shows & movies across platforms, like over-the-air broadcasts and available online providers.
- Smart projector Apps: From the projector's Home Screen, you can easily select the apps that have used previously or frequently. The apps can also be moved or deleted from the screen. You are also able to easily view, navigate and select between the following App categories - Editor's Choice, Most Popular, Downloaded Apps, Group Content, and Genre.
- Channel Guide & Favorite Channels: In the Channel Guide, you can see the daily program schedules for each off-air broadcaster and Samsung projector Plus channels, see program information, choose a program to watch, and set up a schedule viewing. You can even designate frequently watched off-air stations as Favorites (up to 5).
- Notifications & Reminders: Set notifications & reminders to display on screen. You'll get a pop up message on the corner of your projector screen when there is a notification or reminder.
Connection Guide: The projector's on-screen Connection Guide lets you view detailed information about external devices that can be connected to the projectors. It shows you how to connect various external devices such as cable boxes, satellite receivers, Blu-ray players, game consoles, and more using on-screen images. You can also change the input name of a connected external device or add it to the Home Screen for easier access.
Hearing & Visually Impaired: The Samsung projector offers Closed Captions and Voice Guides for the hearing and visually impaired. The projector provides Analog Closed Captions and Digital Closed Captions for the hearing impaired. You can also activate Voice Guides that describe the menu options aloud to aid the visually impaired.
Security Settings: The Samsung Premiere LSP9T projector offers security features for TV programming and the Internet.
- Program Rating Lock: The Program Rating Lock feature automatically locks out programs that are deemed inappropriate for children. You can block TV programs based on their ratings and Movies based on their MPAA rating, so you have more control over what your children watch. The Program Rating Lock function is protected by a 4-digit PIN. You can also lock and unlock specific apps using the same 4-digit PIN.
- Smart Security: When any device is connected to the Internet, it is vulnerable to hacks and malicious code. Samsung Smart Security protects the TV and storage media connected to the projector from such threats, when the television is connected to the Internet.
Remote Support: The Samsung Remote Support service offers you one-on-one support with a Samsung Technician who can remotely diagnose your projector, adjust the projector settings, perform a factory reset, and install recommended firmware updates. Your projector must be connected to your homes wired or wireless network.
- The projector only comes with a brief User Manual. A complete instruction manual is built-in into the projector and can be viewed on-screen. Open the e-Manual to learn how to use the projector's many features.
Auto Updates: If the projector is connected to the Internet, you can have the projector update its software automatically while you are watching it. When the background update is completed, it is applied the next time the projector is turned on. Updates can also be done via USB. Visit the Samsung Download Center for the latest Firmware & Software updates.
- Do not turn off the projector's power until the update is complete. The projector will turn off and on automatically after completing the software update. Video and audio settings will be reset to their defaults after a software update.
Ultra-Short Throw & Compact Design: Make the most of your space with the Premiere LSP9T's sleek, compact form factor and premium fabric finish that works in almost any living room, family room, bedroom or dedicated home theater room. The LSP9T's ultra-short throw design allows you to position it up close to the wall and projection screen. It offers an easy, adjustable screen size so you can still have a massive screen, even if positioned close to the wall and screen.
|Screen Size (Diagonal)||Projector Mounting Distance From Front of Screen||Projector Mounting Distance From Bottom Screen|
Optional Ultra-Short Throw Screen: Whether you're projecting onto a white, smooth wall or adding an Ultra Short Throw (UST) projector screen (sold separately) to your setup, you'll experience brilliant, theater-quality entertainment with the Samsung Premiere LSP9T. Here's what to consider when choosing an Ultra Short Throw (UST) projector screen.
- Screen Size: Ideally, the screen should sit at least 3' off the floor, and 1' from the ceiling.
- Room Lighting: Negative-gain screens are great for blocking stray ambient light. Zero-gain screens maximize brightness
- Theater Setup: Motorized screens hide away at your command. Retractable screens roll up. And fixed frames fit onto your wall.
Mounting Options: Install the Samsung Premiere LSP9T projector horizontally on a flat surface to prevent it from being tilted. When the screen and the projector are not aligned horizontally and vertically, or the screen is curved, the displayed image may get distorted.
- Adjust the horizontal angle of the image by moving the projector left or right to make the screen be more rectangular.
- Adjust the vertical angle of the image by tilting the projector using the integrated foot on the bottom of the projector to make the screen be more rectangular.
- Move the projector forward or backward to adjust the projection distance for your desired screen size.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Samsung projector comes with a 6' detachable AC power cord that plugs into the back of the projector and into an AC power outlet or surge protector/line-conditioner (sold separately).