About the Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor
Detect motion anywhere in your home
Place the wireless SmartThings Motion Sensor anywhere you want movement detection.
Detect motion anywhere in your home
The SmartThings Motion Sensor is the powerful wireless watchdog of your home automation system. When you're away from home or are asleep, the motion sensor will immediately alert you on your phone if there's movement. It communicates through the SmartThings hub, the brain of your customizable SmartThings home automation system. You can add as many compatible devices and sensors as you want, and control them all using the SmartThings Mobile app (Apple®/Android™/Windows®).
It works around your lifestyle
Beyond just home protection, the motion sensor is great for everyday life too. Tie it into your smart thermostat and have your heating and cooling system respond to you coming and going. Use it to toggle lights on and off based on movement in a room. With the SmartThings outlet, you can have connected appliances automatically turn on when you get out of bed. Making the morning coffee has never been easier.
SmartThings plays nicely with others too
Samsung's SmartThings is designed around an open platform. Not only can you use SmartThings accessories, but there are a wide range of products from different companies that easily integrate into the system. You can add light bulbs, thermostats, cameras, door locks, wireless speakers and more. Control everything from a single app. Here are some products that we carry that work beautifully with your SmartThings system:
- Bose® speakers, including the SoundTouch® 10 and Wave® SoundTouch® music system IV
- Bose® home theater systems including the Lifestyle® 525 and Lifestyle® 535
- Sonos®: PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5, PLAYBAR, CONNECT, and CONNECT:AMP
- Samsung sound bars: HW-J650, HW-J6500, HW-J7500 and HW-J8500
- Belkin WeMo® Insight Switch and WeMo® LED bulbs
- Philips Hue Go and Hue LightStrip
- Logitech Harmony Hub
- wireless battery powered motion sensor
- monitor movement in your home
- receive an alert if there's unexpected movement in your home
- customize commands to have lights or devices turn on with motion
- controlled by the free SmartThings Mobile app
- powered by CR-2450 battery (pre-installed)
- communication protocol: ZigBee
- wireless range of 50-130 feet (depending on your home's construction)
- compatible with:
- 2-1/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 1"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # F-IRM-US-2
What's in the box:
- SmartThings Motion Sensor (with attached mounting bracket)
- 2 Flat-head screws (25mm). 2 Plastic wall anchors
- 4 Small dual-sided adhesive strips
- Quick Start Guide
Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor
Overview: The Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor lets you know when movement is detected in your home, and can trigger a response to that movement. Responses can range from turning lights on or off, triggering sirens or other electronics to turn on. Your smartphone will also receive an instant notification when unexpected motion is detected. The sensor has a wide field of view of 120°, and a detection range of 15-20 feet. It can be placed on a table or shelf, or wall mounted using the included adhesive or screws. The Motion Sensor is powered by a CR2450 battery (installed). The sensor's dimensions are 2.047" x 2.146" x 0.996", and it weighs 1.3 ounces.
Note: The SmartThings Motion Sensor requires the SmartThings Hub.
SmartThings Monitoring System: The SmartThings Home Monitoring system contains several sensors and this central monitoring hub to help you make sure your home is safe. Available SmartThings sensors include this Motion Sensor, a Multipurpose Sensor, a Smart Outlet, Arrival Sensor, and a Water Leak Sensor. Numerous devices (locks, thermostats, wireless music systems, cameras, lightbulbs, etc.) from Samsung and other manufacturers can be controlled through the SmartThings system. The SmartThings monitoring system is controlled via Wi-Fi and the SmartThings Mobile app for your smartphone or tablet. No contracts or monthly fees are required to monitor your home with the SmartThings system.
SmartThings Mobile App: The SmartThings Mobile app for your smartphone or tablet lets you easily control, monitor, and secure your home from virtually anywhere in the world. The app is available from the Apple App Store for iOS devices running version 7.0 or later, from Google Play for Android devices (version varies with device), and from the Microsoft Store for Windows mobile devices.