About the Samsung neXus 25
Samsung's neXus 25 satellite radio/MP3 player can make your XM listening experience better than ever. Connect it to your home stereo with the included accessories, and you'll be able to hear live XM broadcasts and record XM content. Plug it into your computer, and you can store your favorite digital music files. Charge up the battery, slip on the earphones, and you can listen to all your stored music on the go.
To hear live XM broadcasts, you must dock the neXus in the included desktop cradle and connect it to your home stereo. The neXus package also includes an XM mini tuner, which you must also dock with the neXus. The mini tuner helps the neXus process the live XM signal, and also works with the optional car kit to let you play live XM from the neXus through your car stereo. The neXus cannot receive live XM signals when you're using it as a portable player.
While it's in its dock, you can use the neXus 25 to store up to 25 hours of XM content, including individual songs and blocks of XM programming. You can also use some of the neXus's memory to store your favorite MP3 and WMA music files. The neXus lets you manage your stored XM songs along with your MP3s and WMAs, so you'll be able to create a fantastic playlist. When you hear songs you love on XM, "tag" them, then purchase them later using the online XM + Napster service to build up your personal library.
The big, easy-to-read display shows you XM programming info, along with your digital music file titles. The neXus also comes with a home antenna, an audio cable that connects to your home stereo, a carrying case, and a wireless remote for convenient, across-the-room control. And it features a wireless FM transmitter for use with the car kit it lets you "broadcast" the XM signal in your car over any unused FM frequency.
An XM subscription is also required. You can only listen to XM in the lower 48 states reception not available in Hawaii or Alaska.
- XM satellite radio/MP3 player with portable and home accessories
- stores 25 hours of content, including captured XM programming and digital music files
- receives live XM broadcasts when docked with the included XM mini tuner
- portable playback of stored XM content, MP3s, and WMAs
- playlist management of stored XM content
- display shows artist, song title, and channel info
- XM songs can be "tagged" for purchase via XM + Napster service online
- home dock
- rechargeable battery with 15-20 hours of life
- 5-way system navigation control
- home antenna
- wall-outlet AC power adapter
- remote control
- carrying case
- audio patch cable (minijack-to-RCA)
- USB cable
- built-in wireless FM transmitter for use with car kit
- 3-7/16"H x 1-15/16"W x 3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # YP-X5X
What's in the box:
- Digital audio player/XM satellite tuner
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery (3.7V/1040 mAh)
- Wireless remote control
- CR2032 Lithium battery (installed in remote)
- Home docking station
- XM tuner cartridge
- Earbud headphones with attached 4' cord (has 3.5mm male miniplug on the end)
- Plastic carrying case with integrated belt clip
- XM antenna with 20' cable (with a single SMB connector)
- 39" Audio adapter cable (has a 3.5mm male miniplug on one end and stereo male RCA plugs on the other end)
- 39" USB cable (with male USB-A connector on one end and a male Mini-USB Version 2.0 connector on the other end)
- AC adapter with 6.75' DC output cord (DC output: 5 Volts/2 Amps)
- User Guide (English)
- User Guide (Spanish)
- Quick Tips Guide (English/Spanish)
- Important NeXus user controls (English/Spanish)
- XM + Napster Installation Disk for Windows 2000/Windows XP (Version 1.0)
- XM Channel Guide
Samsung neXus 25 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung neXus 25
Overview: The neXus 25 is an XM Satellite Radio tuner with a built-in 512 MB flash memory. The memory allows you to record and store XM radio content as well as your own MP3/WMA files. The neXus 25 comes with a kit for listening at home, which includes a docking cradle, an AC power adapter and an XM antenna. For on-the-go listening of recorded content, you can use the supplied earbud headphones. An optional car kit (305YACP200), with a built-in FM modulator, is also available for listening in your vehicle. A subscription to XM Satellite radio is required to listen to XM programming.
Memory Partition: The neXus 25's 512 MB memory can be used to store 100% XM content, or can be partitioned to store 50% XM content and 50% MP3/WMA files. The memory will hold approximately 25 hours of content when used exclusively for XM recording. When partitioned, the unit will store approximately 12-1/2 hours of XM and 4 hours of MP3/WMA. Note: When you change the memory partition, all XM and MP3/WMA content will be deleted from the player.
Display: The neXus 25 features a backlit 1.5" monochrome FSTN display. The brightness and contrast can be adjusted for best visibility. The duration of the backlight can be set to Always Off, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 20 seconds, or Always On.
XM Tuner Cartridge: The neXus 25 includes an XM tuner cartridge, a plug-in mini tuner, which delivers XM programming to the player through the home docking station. When you want to listen to XM programming in your vehicle, you can take the XM tuner cartridge with you and plug it into the optional car docking station. You do not need separate XM subscriptions.
XM Requirements: In order to listen to live XM or access the XM content you have recorded on the neXus, you must authenticate your subscription by maintaining an active XM Satellite Radio subscription, and docking the unit into the cradle, along with the XM Pass, power adapter, and antenna for at least 8 hours a month. The recorded XM content cannot be transferred off the unit. You can only listen to live XM programming when the unit is docked into the cradle.
Recording XM: You can record a single song or an XM channel you're currently listening to. You can also schedule a recording session for a later time. When recording a single song, if you miss the beginning of the song, the neXus will capture the entire song even if you start up to 45 seconds after the beginning of the song, as long as you have already tuned to that channel.
Playing Back XM: Once you have recorded XM content, the recordings are normally played in the order in which they were recorded. You can also sort the selections by artist, category, channel, or recording session. You can "lock" songs to prevent them from being deleted. Songs can be locked individually or in groups by artist, category or channel.
Bookmarking: Your favorite songs can be "bookmarked" while listening to live or recorded XM. Information on bookmarked songs can be viewed on your PC through the XM+Napster application found on the supplied software. You can also purchase a complete, high fidelity version of the song that you can play on multiple devices through XM+Napster.
Playlists: You can create custom playlists of recorded songs to be played in a specific order. Songs can easily be added, deleted, or moved within the playlist, and can be added to more than one playlist. Playlists can contain content from both XM and MP3/WMA.
Audio Adjustments: You can adjust the tone quality of the audio with the built-in preset EQ. An EQ setting can be selected to match the type of music you're listening to.
Rechargeable Battery: The player is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery which can provide 15-16 hours of playback on a fully charged battery.
Remote Control: The neXus 25 can be controlled by the supplied wireless remote when it is docked in the home docking cradle. The IR eye is located on the front bottom of the docking cradle.
MP3/WMA: When the memory is partitioned for XM and PC files, you can store up to 4 hours of compressed music files on the neXus 25. Compatible formats include: MP3 (64-320 kbps), WMA (64-192 kbps), and WMA DRM (Secure WMA).
Ripping CDs: With the XM+Napster software, you can rip tracks from your CDs or transfer existing MP3/WMA files into your Napster library. By default, ripped tracks will be encoded as WMA files at 128 kbps. You can change the settings if desired.
Burning CDs: MP3 and WMA files can be burned onto a recordable CD or DVD. Content from XM cannot be burned onto a disc, or otherwise transferred off the neXus player.
PC Connection: The neXus 25 can be connected to your PC via USB. The home docking cradle is equipped with a Mini USB Version 2.0 connector for use with the supplied USB cable to interface your player to your PC.
XM+Napster: The neXus 25 comes with the XM+Napster Installation Disk for Windows 2000 and XP. With XM + Napster, you can perform the following:
- Manage songs, playlists, and recording sessions on your neXus
- Transfer MP3 and WMA files between neXus and your PC
- Explore and purchase music from XM + Napster's online store
- Listen to XM Radio Online
System Requirements: The minimum requirements for the PC are:
- Intel Pentium-class CPU
- Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2, Windows XP Professional SP2, or Windows 2000 SP4 operating system
- At least 64 MB of RAM
- At least 13 MB of available hard disk space for XM+Napster application
- Internet Explorer 5.1 or higher
- Windows Media Player 9 or higher; Windows Media Player 10 recommended with Windows XP
- Active Internet connection; broadband (Cable, DSL, or fiber) connection recommended for optimal performance