About the Samsung SEK-4500 Evolution Kit
Give your Samsung smart TV a brain transplant
I wish more TV makers would follow Samsung's lead in making their TVs upgradable. Their SEK-4500 Evolution Kit replaces the One Connect Box and remote that came with prior-generation TVs from 2012-2015. It enables those TVs to have the company's latest smart TV features, including voice control via Samsung's Bixby intelligent voice assistant.
- allows you to update compatible 2012-2015 Samsung TVs to provide access to Samsung's current on-screen user interface and smart TV features, including Bixby voice assistant
- compatible with select Samsung 4K Ultra HD TV models:
- 2015: S9W, JS9500, and JS9000 series
- 2014: S9W, S9, S9B, HU9000, HU8700, HU8500, HU7200, HU7000, HU6900 and HU6800 series
- 2013: S9 and F9000 series
- compatible with select Samsung HDTV models:
- 2014: H8000 series
- 2013: F8000 and F8500 series
- 2012: ES8000 and ES7000 series
- replaces your TV's original One Connect Box and connects to the TV using the same type of proprietary cable
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
- OneRemote automatically detects and controls all your connected devices and content
- 3 HDMI 2.0
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output (can pass Dolby® Digital multichannel or 2-channel audio from connected sources)
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
- 2 USB inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
- 14-5/16"W x 1-3/8"H x 6-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SEK-4500/ZA
What's in the box:
- One-Connect Box
- 5 AC power cord
- One Remote Control
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 63" Proprietary-to-HDMI adapter cable
- 59" Optical digital cable
- User Manual
Samsung SEK-4500 Evolution Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung SEK-4500 Evolution Kit
TV Compatibility: The SEK-4500 Evolution Kit is designed with the latest Smart TV update for owners of select 2012-2015 Samsung UHD and FHD TVs. The One Connect Box features a proprietary connector (labeled" EVK Connect") which connects to an HDMI input on your compatible TV using the included 63" proprietary-to-HDMI adapter cable (do not connect the One Connect Box to the HDMI ARC or HDMI MHL input on your TV). Some compatible Samsung TVs do not offer a HDMI on the TV itself; in this case you have to connect the proprietary-to-HDMI adapter cable of the new One Connect Box to the old One Connect box that is currently connected to the TV.
- 2015 Models:
- S9W Series: UN105S9WAFXZA, UN82S9WAFXZA
- JS9500 Series: UN65JS9000FXZA, UN55JS9000FXZA, UN48JS9000FXZA, UN78JS9100FXZA
- JS9000 Series: UN88JS9500FXZA, UN78JS9500FXZA, UN65JS9500FXZA
- 2014 Models:
- HU9000 Series: UN55HU9000FXZA, UN65HU9000FXZA, UN78HU9000FXZA
- HU8700 Series: UN55HU8700FXZA, UN65HU8700FXZA
- HU8500 Series: UN50HU8550FXZA, UN55HU8550FXZA, UN60HU8550FXZA, UN65HU8550FXZA, UN75HU8550FXZA, UN85HU8550FXZA, UN55HU8500FXZA, UN60HU8500FXZA, UN65HU8500FXZA, UN75HU8500FXZA
- HU7200 Series: UN55HU7250FXZA, UN65HU7250FXZA, UN55HU7200FXZA, UN65HU7200FXZA
- HU7000 Series: UN40HU7000FXZA, UN50HU7000FXZA, UN55HU7000FXZA
- HU6900 Series: UN40HU6950FXZA, UN50HU6950FXZA, UN55HU6950FXZA,
- HU6800 Series: UN55HU6830FXZA, UN55HU6840FXZA
- H8000 Series: UN48H8000AFXZA, UN55H8000AFXZA, UN65H8000AFXZA
- 2013 Models:
- S9 Series: UN85S9VFXZA, UN110S9VFXZA
- F9000 Series: UN55F9000AFXZA, UN65F9000AFXZA
- F8000 Series: UN46F8000BFXZA, UN55F8000AFXZA, UN60F8000BFXZA, UN65F8000BFXZA, UN75F8000AFXZA, PN51F8500FXZA, PN60F8500FXZA, PN64F8500FXZA,
- 2012 Models:
- ES8000 Series: UN46ES8000FXZA, UN55ES8000FXZA, UN60ES8000FXZA, UN65ES8000FXZA,
- ES7000 Series: UN46ES7500FXZA, UN55ES7500FXZA, UN60ES7500FXZA, UN46ES7100FXZA, UN55ES7100FXZA, UN55ES7150FXZA, UN60ES7100FXZA, UN60ES7150FXZA, UN55ES7550FXZA,
- Smart services and Graphic User Interface (GUI) may vary by model and region.
- Color and brightness performance cannot exceed the TV panels original capabilities.
Key Feature Upgrades: The SEK-4500 Evolution Kit upgrades these select TVs to the 2018 Samsung Smart Platform, while providing additional connectivity and features. Enjoy the new on-screen user interface and remote control featuring Bixby Voice and auto input detection.
- One Smart Remote w/ Bixby: Using the included One Smart Remote's built-in microphone and the Bixby voice control function of the SEK-4500, your voice is all you need to control the TV and find what you want to watch. Because the One Smart Remote communicates with the TV through a wireless Bluetooth communication, you don't have to point the remote directly at the TV. Simply press the Bixby button and say a command. There is an on-screen Bixby Guide which lets you learn the voice commands that are compatible with Bixby in various situations. Bixby is available only when The Evolution Kit and your compatible Samsung TV is connected to the Internet. Bixby will require an active Samsung Account user log-in.
- Auto Source Recognition: The Evolution Kit adds Auto Source Recognition technology to automatically detect what kind of devices are plugged in via HDMI; then the One Smart Remote makes it simple to control these detected devices through the TV via HDMI-CEC. Auto Source Recognition and controlling function may not be supported by certain devices connected to the TV. To use the Auto Source Recognition feature, all HDMI-connected devices must also be on the same network and Internet connection is required.
Note: When you turn on the Evolution Kit for the first time, the Samsung One Smart Remote pairs to the included One Connect Box automatically. If the Samsung Smart Remote does not pair to the box automatically, point it at the remote control sensor of the One Connect Box, and then press and hold the "Back/Return" and "Play/Pause" buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds or more.
Inputs & Outputs: Samsung's SEK-4500 Evolution Kit includes an external One Connect Box with a built-in TV tuner, HDMI connectivity, USB ports, a RJ-45 LAN jack, and optical digital output. You will disconnect all components plugged directly into your compatible TV and plug these components directly into the One Connect Box. The One Connect Box features a proprietary connect (labeled" EVK Connect") which connects to an HDMI input on your compatible TV using the included 63" proprietary-to-HDMI adapter cable (do not connect the One Connect Box to the HDMI ARC or HDMI MHL input on your TV). Some compatible Samsung TVs do not offer a HDMI on the TV itself; in this case you have to connect the proprietary-to-HDMI adapter cable of the new One Connect Box to the old One Connect box that is currently connected to the TV. Make sure the TV's Anynet+ features is turned on.
- HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2 Compatible): The One Connect Box features three HDMI 2.0 inputs to connect to your Blu-ray/DVD player, Satellite/Cable receiver, or AV receiver. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to this TV. The television's HDMI inputs will accept 3,840 x 2,160 (24/60Hz), 1080p (24/60Hz), 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i video signals. HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the HDMI inputs; HDCP is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with 4K Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- HDTV Tuner w/ RF Coaxial Input: The One Connect Box features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
- Optical Digital Output: The SEK-4500 Evolution Kit does not support HDMI ARC. You will need to connect the One Connect Box to your AV receiver or soundbar via an optical digital cable. The optical digital output terminal will transmit Dolby Digital (when available) or 2ch PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, network apps, HDMI inputs, or USB ports. When the optical digital output is selected, your TV's speakers are muted. DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
- RJ-45 LAN: There is RJ-45 Ethernet jack located on the One Connect Box to connect to your home's network, so you can access music/video/photo content stored on your computer and enjoy a variety of on-line music and movie services from Samsung TV Apps.
- USB 2.0: The One Connect Box is equipped with dual USB-A 2.0 ports. Both USB ports let you view photo and movie files, as well as listen to audio files saved on a compatible USB device. Files must be formatted in FAT, exFAT, or NTFS. The One Connect Box can recognize up to 1,000 files per folder.
- Serial Port (EX Link): You can connect the 3.5mm serial port of the One Connect Box to an external control device, such as a computer or AV control system to control your TV's functions externally.
- AC Power: The Evolution Kit includes a detachable 5' AC power cord that plugs into the back of the One Connect Box.
- The SEK-4500 Evolution Kit does not support HDMI ARC or HDMI MHL. Do not connect the One Connect Box to the HDMI ARC or HDMI MHL input on your TV.
- Make sure the TV's Anynet+ features is turned on.
- Some compatible Samsung TVs do not offer a HDMI on the TV itself; in this case you have to connect the proprietary-to-HDMI adapter cable of the new One Connect Box to the old One Connect box that is currently connected to the TV.
- The SEK-4500 Evolution Kit's One Connect Box does not contain any analog audio or video inputs and outputs.
1 question already asked