About the Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower
Powerful sound for your next party
Powerful sound for your next party
Samsung's MX-ST50B Sound Tower was designed specifically for music in party environments, indoors or out. When plugged into AC power, its built-in amplifier delivers 240 watts for hearty volume. When operating on battery power, it adjusts its output to 90 watts for longer playback time. Two sets of built-in drivers fire at an angle from one another, generating a wide area of sound coverage. Plus, this speaker is IPX5-rated, meaning it can withstand splashes coming at it from all sides. So go ahead: charge up the built-in 18-hour battery, place it out on the deck or by the pool, and crank away!
Group Play mode lets you pair several Sound Tower speakers together for wider coverage.
Flexible pairing lets you share the DJ duties
You can pair up to two mobile devices at a time to the Sound Tower via Bluetooth, so you and a friend can take turns queuing up tracks and playlists. This speaker also pairs with Bluetooth-enabled TVs in case you want to give your soundtracks a boost, too. You can add a second MX-ST50B and pair the two in stereo mode, or group several Sound Towers together in Group Play mode, for even more coverage. Download the free Samsung Sound Tower mobile app to make sound adjustments and change up the light show on the fly.
More ways to play
Plug an optional microphone (sold separately) into the dedicated mic input for sing-along karaoke fun. The mic input has dedicated volume and echo effect controls on the back panel. Other helpful inputs include a USB Type-A port for connecting a thumb drive, a 3.5mm aux input for portable players, and a stereo RCA aux input for hooking up other audio components.
- two 2-1/2" tweeters and two 6-1/2" woofers in a bi-directional array
- produces a wide soundstage from a single speaker — great for party environments
- 90 watts RMS built-in amplification on battery power (240 watts when plugged into AC power)
- built-in Bluetooth wireless music streaming
- pair one or two mobile devices for easy music sharing
- pair a compatible TV for better sound with movies and shows
- Party Lights+ offers a built-in light show with five different preset effects
- top-panel Bass Boost button enhances low frequencies
- selectable EQ presets let you adjust the sound for different music genres
- built-in DJ sound effects (noise, crush, filter, chorus, and wahwah)
Samsung Sound Tower app:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- play, pause and skip tracks
- control sound effects
- customize light show
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- stereo RCA input for other audio components
- 1/4" microphone input with dedicated volume and echo effect controls (mic sold separately)
- USB Type-A port for playing music from a connected flash drive (not included)
- IPX5-rated splash resistance protects the speaker against water streams from any angle
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 18 hours
- includes wireless remote
- detachable AC power cable
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 12-7/8"W x 26-3/16"H x 11-7/8"D
- weight: 26.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MX-ST50B/ZA
What's in the box:
Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower owner's manual
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 59" AC power cord
- Remote control (AH81-15581A)
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- User Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower
Features & specs
|Weather Resistance||Water-resistant (IPX5)|
|Power and Battery Info|
|Built-in Battery||Y (18 hours)|
|Charges External Device Via USB||No|
|Runs On AC Power||Yes|
|Bluetooth Version And Supported Audio Formats|
|Bluetooth Version||Not given|
|Other Wireless Features|
|Unison Pairing (Party Mode)||Yes|
|Frequency Response||Not given|
|Amplification (Watts RMS)||90|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Water Resistant (IPX5) & Portable Design: The Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower is IPX5-rated making it water resistant to sustained, low pressure water jet spray against the speaker enclosure from any direction. There is an integrated handle on the back of the Sound Tower speaker, making it easy to move around indoors and transport outside.
- To retain its water resistant IPX5-rating, the MX-ST50B's connection covers should be installed and all cable connections should be removed. The speaker should always be positioned vertically, so the bass port always fires downward. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in permanent damage to the speaker.
- The MX-ST50B is water resistant, but not water proof. It should never be submerged in water or other liquid.
Bi-Directional Sound: The Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower features a unique bi-directional speaker array that disperses sound evenly over a wide soundstage. The bi-directional array consists of two 2.5" dome tweeters and dual 6.5" cone midbass woofers for room-filling, full-range sound. The Sound Tower delivers exceptionally loud and crisp sound quality with no distortion at high volumes even at a powerful output ranging from 90 watts (battery power) to 240 watts (AC power).
- Sound Modes: The Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower provides predefined equalizer settings that are optimized for particular music genres. Choose from Standard (flat), Party (upbeat music effect), HipHop (dynamic), EDIM (electronic), Rock (live band), Latin (latin music), or House (fast paced dance).
- DJ Effects: The DJ Effect function lets you add DJ sound effects to your music. Choose from Noise (mixes white noise into original sound), Filter (filters out sound from some frequencies), Crush (sharpens sound), Chorus (chorus effect), WahWah (enhancement of specific frequencies), or Off (no DJ effect). The level of each effect is adjustable from -15 to +15.
- Bass Boost: The Bass button allows you to enhance and boost the Sound Tower speaker's bass output for a more powerful and impactful sound.
- Tempo (USB mode only): You can use the Tempo feature to change the tempo or pace of music up or down. The Tempo feature only works for a connected USB MSC device (USB Mode).
Wired or Wireless Speaker Pairing: You can connect a stereo pair or group of Samsung Sound Towers (including the MX-ST50B, MX-ST50B, and MX-ST90B) in a wired or wireless configuration. A wired connection can be made via a stereo RCA cable connection, while a wireless connection can be made via Bluetooth.
- Stereo Pair: You can connect two Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower speakers to create a true stereo soundstage. Stereo Pair can be configured wired or wirelessly. There is a stereo RCA output on the back of the Samsung MX-ST50B that can be used to connect to a second Sound Tower's stereo RCA Aux input. Stereo Pair can also be done wirelessly, where two MX-ST50B speakers are connected via Bluetooth. In either configuration (wired or wirelessly), one speaker will act as the Left channel and one speaker will act as the Right channel. The Left channel speaker will be the "Main" speaker in the system.
- Group Play: You can connect multiple Samsung Sound Towers in a group to create a party environment and produce higher sound output. Group Play can be configured wired or wirelessly. There is a stereo RCA output on the back of the Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower that can be used to connect to a second Sound Tower's stereo RCA Aux input. Additional Sound Towers can be daisy-chained using the same method. Group Play can also be done wirelessly, where two or more Sound Tower speakers are connected via Bluetooth. In either configuration (wired or wirelessly), you can connect up to 10 Sound Towers speakers with one of the speakers acting as the "Host:" speaker of the system.
- You can use Stereo Pair and Group Play together at the same time. You must choose one option or the other.
- You cannot use a wired and wireless combination for Group Play. You can only choose one configuration method (wired or wireless, not both).
- Bluetooth aptX is not supported when Wireless Stereo Pair or Wireless Group Play mode is used. Bluetooth audio transmission will be limited to SBC or AAC.
Light Effects: The bi-directional sound of the Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower is complemented by an array of LED lights. The multiple LED light array delivers impressive lighting effects with a variety of lighting modes that can be personalized to your tunes or moods. You can choose from the following LED light effect modes - Ambient, Party, Dance, Thunderbolt, Star, or Off.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower offers built-in Bluetooth with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP). You'll be able to wirelessly stream music libraries, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop, desktop computer, or TV to the Sound Tower speaker. You'll be able to operate basic playback controls (such as Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track) from the included remote control. Advance music navigation and song/artist/album info display will still need to be done from your connected Bluetooth source device. The MX-ST50B Sound Tower has a Bluetooth wireless range of approximately 33'.
- Multi-Connection: You can pair multiple devices with the Samsung MX-ST50B and keep two Bluetooth source devices connected, so you can easily switch between devices.
- Supported Codecs: In addition to Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the MX-ST50B supports Apple's AAC codec for higher quality sound from Apple iOS devices and Qualcomm's aptX codec for "CD-like" (16-bit/48kHz) sound from many Android and Mac devices.
- Bluetooth Power On: The Samsung MX-ST40 Sound Tower can be configured to automatically turn on from standby, when a Bluetooth connection is made.
Note: The Samsung Sound Tower does not supports Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and answering phone calls.
USB Port: The Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower features a USB-A input that allows you connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) device such as a USB thumbdrive for music playback. Your compatible USB storage device must be formatted in FAT or FAT32. The Sound Tower speaker supports a variety of audio files including MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and WAV. It can recognize up to 256 folders and 999 files. You can control Folder/File Search, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, and Repeat/Random from the included remote control. The USB-A port (5V/2.1A) can also be used to charge the battery of your smartphone or tablet.
|Audio File||Sampling Rate||Bit Rate / Bit Depth|
|MP3||8 to 48 kHz||8 to 320 kbps|
|WMA||8 to 48 kHz||32 to 320 kbps|
|AAC||8 to 96 kHz||16 to 320 kbps|
|WAV||8 to 192 kHz||24-bit|
|FLAC||8 to 192 kHz||24-bit|
Dual Aux Inputs + Mic Input: In addition to Bluetooth and USB connectivity, the Samsung Sound Tower is outfitted with two Aux inputs. There is one stereo RCA input and one stereo minijack (3.5mm) input for connecting up to two external audio devices. In addition, there is a 1/4" Mic input so you can connect a dynamic microphone and output your voice through the Sound Tower speaker system. The Mic input includes an independent volume level control knob and echo effect knob.
- When using the wireless Group mode or Stereo mode function, sound from the microphone is only output from the system to which the microphone is connected.
- When the Samsung Sound Tower is in battery mode, the Mic input sound level will be lower than when the speaker system is connected to AC power.
Sound Tower App: The Sound Tower App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 8.0+) turns your compatible mobile device into an advanced wireless remote control for the Samsung MX-ST50B. The app allows you to control everything from basic playback functions to Sound Modes, DJ Effects, and LED Lighting. The Sound Tower App and your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device must be connected to the Samsung Tower speaker via Bluetooth.
Top-Panel & Remote Controls The Samsung Sound Tower speaker features convenient top-panel controls that include Power On/Off, Source Selection, Volume Up/Down, Play/Pause, Bass Boost, and Light Mode. The included IR remote provides wireless operation of the Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower. The remote includes the same control functions as on the top-panel buttons, plus additional and more advanced playback functions and sound settings.
Power Requirements: The Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower can be powered via AC or battery. The MX-ST50B features a built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion battery (72Wh) that can provide up to 18 hours of playback time. It also comes with a detachable 59" AC power cord that allows you to power the Sound Tower speaker via an AC wall outlet and charge the built-in battery in 3.5 hours.
Note: The Sound Tower will automatically turn off (Auto Power Down) if there is no audio signal or operation for more than 18 minutes.
Mounting Options: The Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower is designed to be vertically mounted on top of a flat tabletop surface or the floor. Integrated rubber feet help isolate the Sound Tower speaker from the mounting surface and prevent unwanted vibration.
Note: The MX-ST50B Sound Tower cannot be wall mounted.
The Samsung MX-ST50B Sound Tower replaces these items
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours
- two 4" woofers and two 2-1/2" tweeters
- outdoor-friendly design with wide bi-directional sound
1 question already asked