About the Samsung SmartThings Camera (2019)
Always know what's happening at home
Always know what's happening at home
Samsung's SmartThings Cam is an easy way to keep an eye on your home from wherever you are. The free Samsung SmartThings mobile app lets you view recorded events from the previous 24 hours for free or check in on the HD live stream in real time. And if you're busy downstairs, but wondering what the kids are up to in the upstairs play room — you can also check the view using your compatible Samsung TV or smart fridge.
The SmartThings Cam is wall-mountable for a bird's-eye view of what's happening at home.
Smarter motion detection
The SmartThings Cam is made to minimize false alarms with advanced object detection that intuitively distinguishes between a person and an object. You can also use the app to customize specific areas that will trigger a motion alert.
Great footage — day or night
The camera's HDR (high dynamic range) streaming and recording means you can feel free to aim it at windows and doors — it will automatically adjust if the subject is backlit. It also transitions between day and night viewing modes so you get the clearest picture no matter what time it is.
Find what you're looking for
Sick of scanning through your camera feed to find a specific event? You can now view a timeline of all of your in-depth alerts right from your dashboard in the SmartThings App.
- wireless HD indoor security camera
- 145° wide-angle lens
- 1080p full HD streaming and recording at 30 frames per second
- HDR (high dynamic range) means you get more detail in high-contrast lighting situations
- IR night vision lets you see in the dark up to 16 feet away
- person detection minimizes false alarms
- connects to your home's Wi-Fi network (2.4 and 5 GHz compatible)
- 802.11b/g/n (WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPS encryption supported)
- security: 256 bit AES/TLS1.2 with mutual authentication and TPM (Trusted Platform Module)
- free Samsung SmartThings mobile app features:
- two-way talk
- set activity zones to monitor specific areas
- enable mobile alerts when sound or movement is detected
- 24/7 live stream access
- control up to 4 SmartThings Cams and view the previous 24 hours of footage for free
- optional SmartThings Premium subscription (sold separately) allows you to add up to 8 cameras and view your event history from the previous 30 days for $7.99 per month
- footage can also be viewed on your Samsung TV or smart refrigerator
- tethered power cable with AC wall adapter
- operating temperature: 32° - 104°
- SmartThings Hub is not required for use
- 3"W x 4"H x 3"D
- weight: 7.84 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GP-U999COVLBDA
What's in the box:
- Wi-Fi surveillance camera on stand
- AC adapter with attached 9.75' DC output cord (DC output: 12V 1A)
- Two 5/8" mounting screws
- 2 Plastic wall anchors
- Welcome to your Camera
- Safety Instructions
Samsung SmartThings Camera (2019) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung SmartThings Camera (2019)
Overview: The Samsung SmartThings Cam (RC8335) is an indoor Wi-Fi camera for home surveillance and monitoring. It can stream Full HD video wirelessly to your computer, smartphone, or tablet (through the free SmartThings App). Just plug it in a power source and connect it to your Wi-Fi system. No hub is required. The camera features a wide-angle lens that covers a large area, even at night.
Camera: The camera comes mounted on a tilting base, which can be placed on a flat surface, or wall mounted with the included screws and wall anchors. For best results, the camera should be placed between 3' and 7' from the floor, and in range of your Wi-Fi network. The SmartThings Cam is 2.765" wide, 2.77" high, and 1.728" deep, and stands 4.011" tall on its 3.016" diameter base. The camera weighs 4.8 ounces, including the base.
Wide Angle Lens: The Samsung SmartThings Cam is equipped with a fixed focus, wide-angle lens with a viewing angle of 145° (diagonal).
Resolution/HDR: The camera shoots video in H.264 compression, and streams video at 30 frames per second at Full HD 1920 x 1080, HD 1280 x 720, or VGA 640 x 360 resolution. With High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology, you can see subjects clearly, even in front of a bright background.
Night Vision: The SmartThings Cam has two infrared LEDs and a light sensor that gives the camera night vision. The LEDs illuminate an area up to 16.4 feet away.
Two-way Audio Communication: The SmartThings Cam has a built-in microphone for picking up sounds near the camera and a speaker so you can communicate via smartphone. In the app, you can set the camera to alert you if audio is detected.
Wi-Fi: The camera can connect to your wireless LAN. It is compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac in both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
Motion/Sound Detection and Zone Alerts: The SmartThings App allows you turn on motion detection and sound detection, either of which will trigger an alert. The sensitivity level of motion and sound detection can be varied, depending upon your preference for triggering alerts. Advanced object detection can tell the difference between humans and pets, so there are fewer false alarms. In addition, you can increase the accuracy of the motion detection by selecting a custom motion zone. For example, you can set a Motion Zone on a window, door, gate, or any other area of interest in the camera's field of view.
SmartThings App: The ability to view live video and use two-way audio communication from your camera comes through the SmartThings app. Setup is easy through the intuitive step-by-step process. In-app features include: Push Notifications, Human Detection, Abnormal Sound Detection, Face Recognition, Live Feed On-demand, and Two-way Talk. The app is compatible with iPhone/iPad/iPod touch (iOS 10.0 or later) and Android devices (version varies with device).
Cloud Storage: The SmartThings Camera comes with free 24-hour Cloud Storage that allows you to view your recorded footage. You can upgrade to a Premium Cloud Storage subscription for advanced features and extended video history.
3 questions already asked