About the Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor (2018)
This motion sensor is smart...
Trigger some entrance music to make your arrival in the living room even more dramatic.
This motion sensor is smart...
Samsung's new SmartThings Motion Sensor does a whole lot more than just sense motion. Like a typical alarm system sensor, it will send you a notification when motion is detected in its 120° field of view. Then you get to decide what happens next.
Have it turn on some lights, or perhaps a siren, when unexpected motion occurs. Or, if you want to automate your smart home more completely, you could have an expected motion — for example, you coming downstairs in the morning — start the coffee maker.
You can also set it up to alert you of temperature changes in the area it's monitoring. Better yet — just have it signal your compatible smart thermostat to adjust the temperature accordingly.
...but it can't do it alone
You'll need a SmartThings Hub (or device with hub functionality) to be the real brains of the operation. Add SmartThings Outlets to lamps or small appliances that you want the motion sensor to trigger — then you'll also be able to control them remotely using the mobile app.
- wireless battery powered motion sensor
- receive an alert if there's unexpected movement in your home
- customize commands to have lights or devices turn on or off with motion
- monitor temperature in an area of your home and trigger compatible thermostat to adjust automatically
- controlled using free SmartThings Mobile app
- powered by CR2 battery (included)
- communication protocol: ZigBee3
- wireless range of 50-130 feet (depending on your home's construction)
- detects motion up to 15 feet away
- 120° field of view
- operating temperature: 32-104°F
- magnetic mount makes it easy to attach and adjust
- compatible with:
- requires a SmartThings Hub (or device with SmartThings Hub functionality)
- 2-1/4"W x 2-1/4"H x 15/16"D (2"D with base)
- weight: 1.5 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GP-U999SJVLBAA
What's in the box:
- SmartThings Motion Sensor
- CR-2 battery (installed)
- Mounting base (with 3M adhesive)
- Welcome to your Motion Sensor
- Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor (2018)
Overview: The SmartThings Motion Sensor (IM6001-MTP02) keeps a watchful eye over your home when you're not there. The sensor can also monitor temperature. The Motion Sensor comes with an adjustable mount, and is powered by a CR-2 battery (installed). The sensor's dimensions are 2.19"W x 2.223"D x 0.9"H (2" with base), and it weighs 1.5 ounces.
Note: The SmartThings Motion Sensor requires the SmartThings Hub.
Motion Sensor: The SmartThings Motion Sensor can detect motion up to 15 feet away. It has a field of view of approximately 120°. The sensor angle can be adjusted in all directions when placed on the magnetic ball-type mount. When the sensor picks up motion in its field of view, it triggers a response to the SmartThings Hub. In the SmartThings app, you can choose how the system responds to the trigger, from sending a notification to your phone or tablet, to turning on lights.
SmartThings Monitoring System: The SmartThings Home Monitoring system contains several sensors and a central monitoring hub to help you make sure your home is safe. Available SmartThings sensors include this Motion Sensor, a Multipurpose Sensor, Water Leak Sensor, and a Smart Outlet. Numerous devices (locks, thermostats, wireless music systems, cameras, light bulbs, etc.) from Samsung and other manufacturers can be controlled through the SmartThings system. The SmartThings monitoring system is controlled via Wi-Fi and the SmartThings app for your smartphone or tablet. SmartThings devices can also be controlled with voice commands using Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant. No contracts or monthly fees are required to monitor your home with the SmartThings system.
SmartThings App: The SmartThings app for your smartphone or tablet lets you easily control, monitor, and secure your home from virtually anywhere in the world. The app is available from Apple iTunes for iOS devices running version 11.0 or later, and from Google Play for Android devices (6.0 or later).
The Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor (2018) replaces these items
- trigger lights to turn on and off based on movement
- controlled by the free SmartThings Mobile app
- easy system expansion with additional SmartThings devices
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?