About the Samsung SmartThings Wi-Fi
A smart router for your Smart Home
The Samsung SmartThings Wi-Fi router covers up to 1,500 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi.
A smart router for your Smart Home
The Samsung SmartThings Wi-Fi provides strong, fast dual-band wireless coverage for homes up to 1,500 square feet. You can add up to five more nodes (not included) to expand your range as needed. And it functions as a SmartThings hub, so you can control your smart home devices from a single app.
Download the free Samsung Connect app to help you set up your router, and then you'll keep finding more uses for it.
The app will help you locate and connect to Wi-Fi-enabled Samsung devices on your network, along with hundreds of other smart home products. The list includes TVs, appliances, speakers, door locks, thermostats, cameras, and more. You can schedule daily tasks, set up alerts, and issue instant remote commands, even when you're not at home.
- router node covers up to 1,500 square feet with strong, fast Wi-Fi
- SmartThings hub functionality lets you control compatible devices with your phone, tablet, or voice
- dual-band AC1300 Wi-Fi (400 + 866 Mbps)
- up to 400 Mbps at 2.4 GHz
- up to 866 Mbps at 5 GHz
- 2x2 MU-MIMO technology lets router communicate with multiple devices simultaneously
- additional wireless connectivity: Bluetooth® 4.1, Zigbee, and Z-Wave
- one Ethernet input for connection to a modem
- 59" cable included
- one Ethernet output for connecting a content streaming box, gaming system, or similar device
- beefy coverage lets you stream to multiple devices simultaneously
- free Samsung Connect app for iOS® and Android™ offers easy setup and control options
- expandable: connect up to five additional nodes to expand coverage
- 710 MHz quad core processor
- 512MB of RAM and 8GB of flash memory
- 4-3/4"W x 1-1/8"H x 4-3/4"D
- weight: 7.36 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ET-WV525BWEGUS
What's in the box:
- SmartThings Wifi router/extender
- AC adapter with attached 71" DC output cord (DC output 12V 2.1A)
- 58" Ethernet cable (RJ-45 plugs on both ends)
- Quick Start Guide
- SmartThings Wifi setup
Not sure what you need? Learn how modems, routers, and mesh Wi-Fi systems work.
Samsung SmartThings Wi-Fi reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Samsung SmartThings Wi-Fi
Overview: The Samsung SmartThings Wifi mesh router (ET-WV525), with Bluetooth, ZigBee and Z-Wave protocol, provides you with a Wi-Fi network with extended range for connecting and controlling SmartThings products. Adding SmartThings Hubs will extend your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, and Z-Wave networks to other areas of your home. SmartThings Wifi features built-in Plume integration, allowing you to track your sensors, cameras, lights, and voice assistants in one place.
Note: The SmartThings Wifi is not compatible with older Samsung Connect Home devices, due to software differences.
Wi-Fi Coverage: The SmartThings Wifi router provides a robust mesh Wi-Fi network (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) that covers up to approximately 1500 square feet. Up to five additional nodes can be connected to expand your network to other areas of your home. SmartThings Wifi is a fast, dual-band AC1300 router, with up to 400 Mbps speed at 2.4 GHz and up to 866 Mbps at 5 GHz. In addition, the device has Bluetooth 4.1, ZigBee, and Z-Wave protocol for other smart home devices that "work with SmartThings." It also features 2x2 MU-MIMO technology for simultaneous communication with multiple devices.
Ethernet Ports: The router is equipped with one Ethernet (RJ-45) input for connecting to your modem via the included 59" cable. It also has one Ethernet output (for connecting to other devices. Both Ethernet ports are rated 10/100/1000 (Gigabit).
SmartThings App: The SmartThings app, available for Android and iOS devices, must first be downloaded to set up your SmartThings Wifi. During setup, you can add each of your SmartThings devices and sensors to build your system. You can monitor and control your devices from the SmartThings app. The app is compatible with iPhone/iPad, and requires iOS 10.0 or later. It is works with Android devices (version varies with device).
1 question already asked