About the Olive Smart Ear
Truly wireless earbud that improves outside sound
Use the Olive Smart Ear app to test your hearing and apply personalized settings for external sounds (phone not included).
Truly wireless earbud that improves outside sound
The Olive Smart Ear is a 100% wire-free hearable that can help enhance conversations, TV audio, and other hard-to-hear sounds. This single earbud wirelessly connects to your phone via Bluetooth. While it can play music and take calls from your phone, its specialty is boosting external sounds for people who have trouble hearing. (We also offer these earbuds in pairs.)
Top-notch technology for clear, feedback-free sound
Powerful built-in microphones pick up voices and other important sounds, then the earbud amplifies them. But it does more than just crank up the volume. A high-grade balanced armature driver delivers clear, low-distortion sound, while Olive's internal processing monitors feedback and eliminates it in real time. The Olive Smart Ear can also detect your specific hearing deficiencies, and compensate for them.
The Olive Smart Ear app personalizes the sound for you
To dial in the right sound, you'll need the Smart Ear app, a free download to your Apple® or Android™ device. Use the app to complete a hearing self-assessment. The hearing test takes about 5 minutes, and consists of playing tones at different frequencies. (Olive says that the test will even assess the hearing in your other ear, for even more accurate results.)
Once your hearing test is complete, the earbud calibrates itself and applies processing based on your specific hearing profile. This processing is present on everything you hear, but you can choose from presets further optimized for TV soundtracks or conversations. Plus, you can manually adjust and boost certain hearing frequencies that cause you trouble.
The wireless charging base banks enough power for 14 hours of use.
A nice assortment of ear tips, for better fit and sound
One thing I can tell you from testing lots of in-ear headphones over the years — they're only as good as their fit. That's especially true if you're wearing them throughout the day. Of course there's the obvious comfort aspect, and you don't want them slipping out as you move around.
But a tight, secure seal also makes for better sound — crucial when you're relying on the earbud to enhance your hearing. Fortunately, Olive includes a generous amount of ear tips for finding the right fit. There are three sizes of silicone tips, and two sizes of foam tips.
- one true wireless earbud with Bluetooth® version 4.2
- built-in mics pick up external sounds
- hear more detail in conversations, TV sound, music, and more
- provides up to 48dB of boost
- make hands-free phone calls
Sound/hearing enhancement technology:
- high-fidelity balanced armature driver
- S1 sound engine chip for clear sound with minimal distortion
- "wide dynamic range compression" algorithm helps capture sounds within the range of human hearing
- real-time filtering and cancellation of high-pitched feedback
Olive Smart Ear mobile app and touch controls:
- "Easy Hearing Calibration" helps you quickly find the optimal settings for your ear
- hearing self-assessment takes about 5 minutes
- plays tones of different frequencies to determine the level of your hearing
- external sound presets: Conversation Mode and TV Mode
- manually adjust the volume, EQ, and feedback cancellation
- app displays battery level
- for Android™ and Apple® phones
- earbud tap touch controls
- toggle through sound modes, control volume, answer and end phone calls
- for music listening, touch controls only adjust volume
Battery & charging:
- up to 7 hours of use per earbud charge
- charging base lets you bank up to 14 hours of listening
- USB Type-B charging cable and AC adapter included
Additional features & specs:
- 3 sizes of silicone ear tips and 2 sizes of foam tips
- weight: 0.25 oz. (single earbud only)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DHFA2FWU
What's in the box:
- Wireless hearing ear bud (white)
- Charging base (white)
- 3 Silicone ear tips (white)
- 2 Foam ear tips (white)
- Silicone ear band (white)
- 40" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro B USB on other end)
- AC adapter with USB-A port (DC output: 5V 1A)
- Instruction Manual
- Dedicated Application User Guide
- How to Wear Olive Smart Ear
Olive Smart Ear reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Olive Smart Ear
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height||0.769" x 0.902"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||200-6,704 Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: Olive Smart Ear is a Bluetooth-enabled hearing-enhancing ear bud that is designed to be a less expensive alternative to a traditional hearing aid. It is designed to capture 99.8% of the sound around you and deliver it right to your ear without distortion. The ear bud amplifies sounds up to 50dB to help you hear what you're missing. Conversations become easier to understand, especially in noisy environments, and you won't need to constantly turn up the volume on your TV. Using the Olive Smart Ear app on your smartphone, you can customize the sound settings in just 5 minutes. When connected to your smartphone, you can also use Smart Ear to listen to music and phone calls. The Smart Ear comes with a portable charging base, and a variety of silicone and foam ear tips.
Note: This package includes a single Smart Ear device. A special value pack with 2 Olive Smart Ear devices is also available in black or white.
Technology: The award-winning Olive Smart Ear's original Sound Engine S1 utilizes its patented sound technology to bring you superior sound quality. The ear bud is equipped with a high-quality Balanced Armature driver with a Wide Dynamic Range Compression algorithm to keep distortion at a minimum while picking up 99.8% of the sound within your hearing range. The device instantaneously filters out unpleasant high-pitched feedback to provide smoother sounds. The filter uses a fast attack time (< / = 20ms) and a longer release time (> 10ms) to effectively cancel any feedback. The app's Easy Hearing Calibration helps you find your optimum hearing level, choose the proper sound mode, and fine tune your personal hearing experience with the 8-band equalizer (500Hz, 1kHz, 1.5kHz, 2kHz, 3kHz, 4kHz, 6kHz, and 8kHz).
Bluetooth: Olive Smart Ear uses Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy with EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) technology to connect the ear bud to your smartphone and the Olive app.
Onboard Controls: The Smart Ear bud has a touch-sensitive pad on the outside. Using the touch controls, you can power the ear bud on or off and pair it with your smartphone, raise or lower the volume one level at a time, and answer, end, or reject incoming phone calls. When using two Smart Ear buds, phone calls are only played on the device connected to the Olive app. Even though you can listen to music through the Olive Smart Ear, you can only adjust the volume during music playback. All controls for music playback must be performed on the smartphone.
Olive Smart Ear App: The Smart Ear app lets you customize the settings of your device. After pairing the ear bud to your phone, the app performs a Hearing Calibration, playing tones of different frequencies to determine the level of your hearing. It also assesses the hearing in your other ear to produce the best balance of sound. The app lets you choose between two Sound Modes, Conversation Mode and TV Mode, depending upon your activity. In addition, the app's Equalizer lets you fine tune the sound of your ear bud as you desire, using slide controls to adjust the amplitude of each frequency band. You can also turn Feedback Cancellation on or off using the app. The app's home page shows the paired Smart Ear device and the battery level. The Olive Smart Ear app is available for Apple iPhone/iPad with iOS 10.0 or later, and for Android devices operating on version 4.4 and up.
Power: The Olive Smart Ear and charging base both have a built-in Lithium-ion rechargeable battery. The ear bud fully charges in approximately 1 hour, which provides approximately 7 hours of use. The charging base, when fully charged, provides an additional 14 hours battery life for the ear bud for a total of over 21 hours altogether.
- Frequency Response: 200Hz to 6,704Hz
- Maximum SPL: 122.8dB (±3dB)
- Average SPL: 116.5dB (±3dB)
- Maximum Sound Level: 48.0dB (±3dB)
- Average Sound Level: 40.3dB (±3dB)
- Dimensions: Width 0.769" Height 0.902" Depth 0.99"
- Weight: 0.25 ounces (single)