About the Xantech DL85K
Easily control out-of-sight components
Easily control out-of-sight components
Looking for a simple way to control your home theater equipment, even if it's hidden behind closed doors? Xantech's DL85K infrared (IR) repeater system gives you easy remote control of your home theater receiver and other A/V gear placed inside an enclosed cabinet or other spaces that your remote's IR signals can't reach.
How this kit works
Mount the low-profile IR sensor on your TV's bezel or stand within line of sight of your remotes. The sensor receives IR commands and relays them back to a connecting block that stays hidden away with your components.
The connecting block in turn sends the commands to the four included infrared emitters, which you place in front of your components. The system works with your existing remote controls, or you can add a universal one to control your equipment.
- complete IR repeater system with IR sensor, connecting block, and emitters
- use your existing remotes to control equipment hidden inside an enclosed cabinet
- control up to 4 A/V components with the included IR emitters
- slim IR sensor can be mounted to any flat surface with double-sided tape
- included trim kits match white, silver, and black A/V components
- simple plug-and-play setup
- power supply included
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DL85K
What's in the box:
- IR Connecting block
- IR Receiver (attached 7' cable terminated with a male 3.5mm TRS connector)
- 4 IR Emitters (attached 10' cable terminated with a male 3.5mm TS connector)
- 4-Pin terminal block (installed)
- Black receiver trim-ring (installed)
- White receiver trim-ring
- Silver receiver trim-ring
- AC Power supply with attached 6' DC cord (12VDC/0.5A output)
- 2 Adhesive strips
- 12 Adhesive pads for IR emitters
- Two 3/8" screws
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Xantech DL85K
Infrared Receiver & Emitter Kit: The Xantech DL85K Universal Dinky Link IR Kit can pick up signals from IR remote controls and then pass those signal to the IR Connecting Block for distribution of IR signals to your devices via the included IR Receiver and IR Emitters. The DL85K consists of an IR Connecting Block, IR Receiver, and four IR Emitters for control of up to 4 IR devices. The IR Receiver can pick up IR signals from remote controls up to 80 feet away.
Note: Actual range may vary based on remote control IR signal strength and ambient lighting conditions.
IR Connecting Block: The IR Connecting Block features a single IR Receiver input and four IR Emitter outputs to connect the included IR receiver and IR Emitters. The input and outputs consist of female mini-jack (3.5mm) ports. The IR Connecting Block comes with an AC power adapter that will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet. Find an out-of-sight location to mount the IR Connecting Block close to your equipment and power source. Screws are included to secure the IR Connecting Block to a mounting surface.
IR Receiver: The Xantech DL85K comes with one IR Receiver which plugs into the IR Connecting Block's IR input. The IR Receiver features an attached 7' cable terminated by a male 3.5mm TRS minijack connector. The IR Receiver can be mounted on an open flat surface that is convenient to picking up the IR remote control signal. Two-sided adhesive strips are included to secure the IR Receiver to your mounting surface. The Receiver also includes 3 colored trim-rings (black, white, and silver), allowing it to blend in with your decor.
Note: If you need further distance than the provided IR Receiver cable length, you may splice a 3-conductor wire into the IR Receiver cable and attach the bare-ended wire to the Connecting Block's 4-pin terminal block, in lieu of using the 3.5mm input.
IR Emitters: The Xantech DL85K comes with four Single IR Emitters that plug into the IR Hub's IR outputs. Each IR Emitter features an attached 10' cable terminated by a male 3.5mm TS minijack connector. Mount the IR emitters over the IR receptors on each piece of equipment to be controlled. Each IR Emitter includes an adhesive strip for attaching it.
- IR Modulation Frequency Bandwidth: 25-60kHz
- Reception Range: Up to 80 feet
- Reception Angle: ±60˚
- Max. IR Receiver Cable Length: Up to 1 mile (using 18-gauge wire)
- Power Supply: +12VDC/0.5A
- Connecting Block: Width = 2.92", Height = 0.78", Depth = 2.05"/4.55" (including connectors)
- IR Receiver: Width = 2.54", Height = 0.57", Depth = 0.34"