- in-wall, high-output infrared (IR) emitter for custom-installed A/V systems
- "floods" an enclosed area with infrared signals from up to 30 feet away
- relays control commands to your gear when other IR emitters aren't strong enough for the job
- ideal for equipment closets and non-open floorplan rooms
- fits a standard single-gang bracket or low-voltage junction box
- Decora® style faceplate recommended for installation (not included)
- requires hard-wired installation back to an IR distribution block or control system
- recommended wire requirements: 3 or 4 conductor, 22-gauge wire up to 600 ft. in length
- 1-3/4"W x 4"H x 1-1/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 38020
What's in the box:
- J-Box IR emitter
- Decora-style insert plate (installed)
- 4-Pin Euroblock connector (installed)
- 3 IR Attenuator disks
- Two 3/4" screws
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Xantech J-box IR Blaster
Overview: The Xantech 380-20 J-Box IR Blaster is a single-gang, J-box compatible infrared emitter designed to "flood" an enclosed area with an infrared signal. The 380-20 emitter can be mounted in most standard size, single-gang J-box electrical boxes and used with standard Decora-style face plates (both sold separately).
IR Emitter: The J-Box IR Blaster features 3 high-intensity infrared LEDs that can emit IR signals to devices up to 30 feet away. The 380-20 is ideal for equipment closets or rooms where multiple devices need to be controlled from outside of their line-of-sight. The IR Blaster's infrared LEDs can produce a high-level of "brightness" intensity, allowing the emitter to be placed in an indirect view of the components to be controlled. The infrared waves are even strong enough to reflect off of walls and flat surfaces and still be received by the equipment's IR window. If the infrared signal is deemed to intense for operation, 3 IR attenuators are provided that can be placed over the IR LEDs, lowering the effective "brightness".
Note: Infrared light waves are not visible to the human eye.
Talk-Back LED: An internal red talk-back LED is provided on the rear of the IR emitter, providing feedback when it's receiving an IR signal.
Wiring: All wiring to the 380-20 is done through a 4-pin Euroblock connector, providing connections for: IR In, GND, GND, and +12V. Three or four conductor, 22 gauge stranded or solid wire is recommended, with a maximum distance of up to 600'.
Power: The Xantech IR Blaster requires +12VDC/200mA of power for operation (power supply sold separately).
Mounting: The 380-20 is designed to be mounted in most standard single-gang, J-box electrical boxes (sold separately). The included LED insert lets you use most standard Decora-style faceplates (not included), letting you match the IR emitter to the room decor.