About the Xantech XT-HDMI-MX42-4K18G
Send audio and 4K video to two zones at the same time
Send audio and 4K video to two zones at the same time
Xantech has a handy solution for folks creating a distributed A/V system. The XT-HDMI-MX42-4K18G matrix lets you send audio and 4K video from four HDMI sources to two TVs or monitors at the same time.
Use it at home, or at your business
Use this matrix to display content across two screens in a sports bar, classroom, or other commercial establishment. You can show a single source on both displays, or show a different source on each one.
Dedicated audio outputs for each zone pipe sound to your choice of external audio systems — even Dolby Atmos® setups.
Flexible source selection and control
Flexible control options come courtesy of front-panel buttons, or with the included handheld remote control. This matrix also has RS-232 and infrared (IR) connections for use with optional third-party control systems.
- distributes audio and video from 4 HDMI sources to 2 displays
- show a single source across both displays, or show a different source on each one
- ideal for a dual-screen setup in a sports bar, classroom, or other commercial establishment
- passes 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) content at up to 60 frames per second
- compatible with HDMI sources like a Blu-ray player, cable or satellite box, security system, or computer
- HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant
- supports multichannel surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos®
- analog and digital audio breakouts for sending signal to external sound systems
- two coaxial digital outputs
- two 3.5mm stereo mini analog outputs
- two bi-directional IR (infrared) pass-throughs for relaying remote control commands to your equipment
- supports RS-232 control via optional third-party control systems
- 4-way switch lets you select from multiple EDID ("HDMI handshake") options
- LED indicators for power, input, and output status
- mounting kit included
- 10-1/16"W x 1-7/8"H" x 4-9/16"D
- weight: 2.86 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XT-HDMI-MX42-4K18G
What's in the box:
- 4x2 HDMI Matrix
- IR Remote control (installed CR2025 battery)
- AC Power supply w/ attached 58" cable terminated in a DC plug with locking collar (12V/2A output)
- 4 Outlet adapters (US/EU/UK/AUS)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Six 4mm screws
- Quickstart guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Xantech XT-HDMI-MX42-4K18G
Overview: The Xantech XT-HDMI-XM42-4K18G 4x2 HDMI Matrix lets you connect up to 4 HDMI input sources to 2 displays, while providing front-panel and IR remote control selection of the input source. The XT-HDMI-MX42-4K18G supports the full HDMI 2.0 specification and is HDCP 2.2 compliant. The 4x2 HDMI matrix also supports video resolutions up to 4K/UHD @60Hz, with 4:4:4 chroma sampling and HDMI data rates up to 18Gbps. Other features include:
- HDMI Formats: All current HDMI formats are supported including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- EDID: The Xantech HDMI matrix manages EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) communications from the source to the display, ensuring the best video resolution and audio format is provided. Normally, this data is used by the playback source to determine the best resolution and audio, based on the display's specifications. When multiple displays are connected together or video matrix switching is introduced, many variables can arise, causing connection delays. An EDID 4-switch DIP selector on the splitter lets you manually select the type of video and audio signal being sent out to the connected display (see list below).
Input & Output Matrix: The Xantech HDMI Matrix features 4 HDMI inputs that can be assigned to either of the 2 HDMI outputs using front-panel push-button selectors for each output. Corresponding LEDs will light to show which HDMI input has been selected for that output.
2 Zone Audio Breakout: Two rear-panel coaxial digital (S/PDIF) and 3.5mm analog audio jacks (Zone 1 & 2) provide the audio outputs for each corresponding HDMI output. Both coax digital outputs can pass up to 7.1 channel information to a home theater amplifier or multi-channel processor. The 3.5mm audio jacks support 2-channel PCM signals only.
IR Signals: Zone 1 & 2 audio output sections include a 3.5mm IR In jack, for using an optional IR flasher (sold separately) in that Zone. Four Source IR Out jacks can be used with optional IR emitters (sold separately), for controlling each HDMI input device from both playback Zones. An additional 3.5mm IR Ext. input lets you use an optional IR extender for controlling the HDMI Matrix remotely.
IR Remote Control: A hand-held IR remote control (included) lets you select the HDMI source for each Output.
RS-232: A rear-panel RS-232 port lets you control the 4x2 Matrix using an optional third-party RS-232 enabled controller (sold separately).
Applications: The Xantech 4x2 HDMI Matrix is designed for both commercial and residential applications.
- Residential: Residential installations include connecting multiple HD signal sources, such as an Ultra HD Blu-ray player or HD video-streaming device, out to 2 displays, TVs, or projectors in an AV system.
- TV Showrooms: The XT-HDMI-XM42-4K18G can be used for properly demonstrating 4K programming in a retail environment.
- Professional AV: The 4x2 HDMI Matrix is ideal for conferences and presentations requiring highly detailed 4K graphics, 3D renderings, simulations, and more.
Mounting: The XT-HDMI-MX42-4K18G features 4 built-in rubberized feet for placing the unit on a flat surface. Two mounting brackets are also included that allow the HDMI switcher to be secured to a shelf or equipment panel.
Power: The Xantech HDMI Matrix includes an AC power supply (12VDC/2A output) that attaches to a rear-panel input socket. The attaching power cable includes a threaded locking-collar for a secure connection. A rear-panel rocker switch is provided for powering the Matrix On/Off.
Supported Video Formats & Resolutions: Selectable via the EDID DIP switch panel:
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4:/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- DVI 1280x1024 @60Hz/ No audio
- DVI 1920x1080 @60Hz/ No audio
- DVI 1920x1200 @60Hz/ No audio
- Software Control EDID
2 questions already asked