About the Xantech XT-HDBT-MX44-4K-KIT
Send audio and 4K video to four locations
Send audio and 4K video to four locations
Xantech's XT-HDBT-MX44-4K-KIT lets you send audio and 4K video from a centralized location to up to four TVs or monitors around your home, office, or business. This kit is particularly useful if you want to show content across multiple screens in a sports bar, classroom, or other commercial establishment.
Use it to show digital signage at a retail store, present a slide deck to a bank of monitors in a large conference room, or show multiple ballgames at a sports bar. You can show a single source on all four displays, or show a different source on each one.
How this system works
Connect each source to the transmitter via an HDMI cable. This base unit feeds signal to the four included receivers via CAT-6 Ethernet cable. Each receiver connects to a TV, projector, or monitor via another HDMI cable.
Note: HDMI and Ethernet cables are not included.
- system distributes audio and video from 4 sources to up to 4 displays
- show a single source across all of the displays, or show a different source on each one
- ideal for a multi-screen setup in a sports bar, classroom, or other commercial establishment
- passes 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) content at up to 60 frames per second
- supports multichannel surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos®
- bi-directional IR (infrared) pass-through for relaying remote control commands to your equipment (remote not included)
4x4 HDBaseT HDMI matrix:
- sends signal from connected sources to included receivers via CAT-6 Ethernet cable (not included)
- compatible with HDMI sources like a Blu-ray player, cable or satellite box, security system, or computer
- supports 1080p video transmission up to 70 meters/230 ft.
- supports 4K video transmission up to 40 meters/131 ft.
- HDMI "loop out" for sending signal to an additional local display near the matrix
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- 4-way switch lets you select from multiple EDID ("HDMI handshake") options
- LED indicators for power, input, and output status
- web-based control interface
- support for RS-232 control via optional third-party control systems
- support for TCP/IP control
- mounting kit included
- 17-3/8"W x 2-1/16"H" x 8-5/16"D
HDBaseT HDMI-over-Ethernet receivers (4x):
- receives audio and video signals over long Ethernet cable runs
- converts Ethernet to HDMI
- connects to your TV or monitor with a short HDMI cable (not included)
- supports PoH (power over HDBaseT) for flexible installation options
- each receiver draws power from the splitter so no local power supply is required at the display location
- 4-5/16"W x 1-1/8"H x 2-7/8"D (each)
- mounting kits included
- system warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XT-HDBT-MX44-4K-KIT
What's in the box:
- HDBaseT 4x4 Matrix
- Four HDBT receivers
- IR Remote control (installed CR2025 battery)
- AC Power supply w/ attached 39" DC cord (24VDC/3.5A output)
- Four 58" AC power cords (US/UK/EU/AUS)
- 8 HDBT Mounting brackets
- 2 Matrix mounting brackets
- Eight 6mm screws
- Twenty-four 4mm screws
- Quickstart guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Xantech XT-HDBT-MX44-4K-KIT
Overview: The Xantech XT-HDBT-MX44-4K-KIT features a 4x4 4K UHD HDBaseT Matrix designed to distribute up to 4 HDMI sources out to four included XT-HDBT-EX70-4K Receivers, at distances up to 230' for 1080p signals and up to 130' for 4K UHD signals, using CAT 5 or 6 cable (not included). The HDBaseT Matrix transmits HDMI signals, along with bi-directional IR (Infrared) and PoH (Power over HDBaseT) simultaneously to each of the 4 HDBT (RJ-45) outputs. The XT-HDBT-MX44-4K-KIT HDBaseT Matrix also includes an HDMI pass-thru jack, RS-232 & TCP/IP control connections, and EDID management.
Note: CAT 5 or 6 cable is required for connection and must be purchased separately.
- Advanced HDBaseT Technology: Allows uncompressed video and audio to be transmitted with zero latency.
- Copy Protection: The HDMI splitter is HDCP 2.2 copy protection compliant, allowing playback of the latest 4K sources.
- HDMI Formats: All current HDMI formats are supported including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- 4K: The Xantech Matrix Kit supports 4K UHD (Ultra-High Definition) video transmission up to 130', including the following resolutions: 3840 x 2160 @30Hz 4:4:4, 4096 x 2160 @24Hz 4:4:4, and 4K @60Hz 4:2:0.
- EDID: The Xantech HDMI Matrix manages EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) communications from the source to the display, ensuring the best video resolution and audio format is provided. Normally, this data is used by the playback source to determine the best resolution and audio, based on the display's specifications. When multiple displays are connected together or video matrix switching is introduced, many variables can arise, causing connection delays. An EDID 4-switch DIP selector on the splitter lets you manually select the type of video and audio signal being sent out to the connected display (see list below).
- PoH: The HDMI Matrix can simultaneously power each of the included XT-HDBT-EX70-4K Receivers via the CAT 5/6 connection using PoH (Power over HDBaseT).
- Bi-Directional IR: IR Inputs and outputs on both the Matrix and on each Receiver allow for bi-directional transmission of IR signals from each device. The Matrix includes individual IR Outs for each of the HDMI input sources, and individual IR Ins for each of the HDBaseT outputs. Each XT-HDBT-EX70-4K Receiver includes one IR In and one IR Out.
Matrix Connections & Indicators:
- HDMI Inputs: Four rear-panel HDMI jacks provide the HDMI input signals to be distributed to each of the Receiver units.
- HDMI Output: A single HDMI Output ("loop-out") is provided along with HDBT Output 1, for passing the HDMI input signal back out to a monitor or display.
- HDBT Outputs: Four rear-panel HDBaseT (RJ-45) output connections are provided for running HDMI signals to each of the connected Receivers.
- IR Signals: Four 3.5mm IR In jacks and four Source IR Out jacks can be used with optional IR flashers and emitters (both sold separately). This lets you control each HDMI input device from the playback areas.
- IR EXT: An additional 3.5mm IR Ext. input lets you use an optional IR extender (sold separately) for controlling the HDBT Matrix remotely.
- EDID: A 4-switch DIP selector lets you select the video and audio output types.
- Power: The Xantech HDMI Matrix includes an AC power supply (24VDC/3.5A output) that attaches to a rear-panel input socket. This provides power to each of the connected Receivers, via the HDBaseT connection using PoH.
Receiver Connections & Indicators:
- HDBT In: An RJ-45 HDBaseT input connects to one of the Matrix' 4 outputs for the HDMI signal. A corresponding Link LED will light when an active connection is established.
- HDMI Output: Provides the connection to a monitor or display. A corresponding Link LED will light when an active HDMI connection is established.
- IR Input & Output: Two 3.5mm jacks can be used with an optional IR receiver or emitter.
- Power LED: Lights when the Receiver is powered on.
- Power Input: A 12VDC/2A input lets you use an optional
Xantech power supply (not included).
- Note: A power connection is not required when the Receiver is connected to the Matrix via a CAT 5 or 6 cable.
IR Remote Control: A hand-held IR remote control (included) lets you power the Xantech Matrix On/Off, select the HDMI Input for each Output, and make EDID selections for each input.
TCP/IP: A rear-panel RJ-45 jack allows for a direct connection to a computer, letting you configure and control the Matrix using its built-in web browser interface.
RS-232: A rear-panel RS-232 port lets you control the 4x4 Matrix using an optional third-party RS-232 enabled controller (sold separately).
Mounting: The XT-HDBT-MX44-4K-KIT Matrix features 4 built-in rubberized feet for placing the unit on a flat surface. Two rack-mount ears allow it to be mounted in a standard 19" wide equipment rack. Additional mounting brackets are also included for each Receiver, allowing them to be secured to a shelf or equipment panel.
Note: The four XT-HDBT-EX70-4K Receivers are not rack-mountable.
Applications: The Xantech 4x4 HDMI Matrix is designed for both commercial and residential applications.
- Residential: Residential installations include connecting multiple HD signal sources, such as an Ultra HD Blu-ray player or HD video-streaming device, out to 4 displays, TVs, or projectors in an AV system.
- TV Showrooms: The XT-HDBT-MX44-4K-KIT can be used for properly demonstrating 4K programming in a retail environment.
- Professional AV: The 4x4 HDBT Matrix is ideal for conferences and presentations requiring highly detailed 4K graphics, 3D renderings, simulations, and more.
Supported Video Formats & Resolutions: Selectable via the EDID DIP switch panel:
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4:/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- DVI 1280x1024 @60Hz/ No audio
- DVI 1920x1080 @60Hz/ No audio
- DVI 1920x1200 @60Hz/ No audio
- Software Control EDID