- digital signal management device with 1 HDMI input and 1 HDMI output
- helps resolve HDMI problems like EDID ("HDMI handshake") and HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) issues
- passes 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) content at up to 60 frames per second
- supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2
- analog and digital audio breakouts for sending signal to an optional sound system
- coaxial digital output
- 3.5mm stereo mini analog output
- 3.5mm stereo mini analog input for embedding audio onto the HDMI signal path from an analog source
- supports 2-channel PCM only
- 4-way switch lets you select from multiple EDID options
- LED indicators for power and status
- DC power adapter included
- 4-9/16"W x 7/8"H x 3-7/16"D
- weight: 1.32 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XT-HDMI-SM-4K18G
What's in the box:
- HDMI Signal manager
- AC Power supply w/ attached 58" cable terminated in a DC plug with locking collar (5V/1A output)
- 4 Outlet adapters (US/EU/UK/AUS)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Six 4mm screws
- Quickstart guide
Xantech XT-HDMI-SM-4K18G reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Xantech XT-HDMI-SM-4K18G
Overview: The Xantech XT-HDMI-SM-4K18G Signal Manager has been designed to eliminate many of the common problems with distributing HDMI signals to multiple displays, such as HDMI compatibility, HDCP 2.2 copy protection, clock stretching, EDID (Extended Display Identification Data), and hand-shaking issues. The Signal Manager also allows audio embedding within the HDMI signal path, as well as audio de-embedding that includes up to 7.1 audio channels via a coax digital output (S/PDIF). The XT-HDMI-SM-4K18G is HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant, and is compatible with video resolutions up to and including 4K @60Hz/ 4:4:4 chroma sampling. Data rates up to 18Gbps are also supported. Other features include:
- HDMI Inputs & Outputs: The XT-HDMI-SM-4K18G includes one HDMI input and one HDMI output jack.
- HDMI Formats: All current HDMI formats are supported including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- EDID: The XT-HDMI-SM-4K18G manages EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) communications from the source to the display, ensuring the best video resolution and audio format is provided. Normally, this data is used by the playback source to determine the best resolution and audio, based on the display's specifications. When multiple displays are connected together or video matrix switching is introduced, many variables can arise, causing connection delays. An EDID 4-switch DIP selector on the Signal Manager lets you manually select the type of video and audio signal being sent out to the connected display (see list here).
- Mode Settings: A 4-switch DIP selector provides
additional configuration options:
- DIP Switch #2: Allows audio embedding and de-embedding to the
HDMI signal. In the Down position, 2-channel analog audio can be added
to the HDMI output signal. In the Up position, audio can be extracted
from the HDMI input signal and passed out the coax digital output or the
3.5mm analog output.
- Note: The input source must be a PCM 2-channel signal for the analog output to work; multi-channel down-mix is not supported.
- DIP Switch #3: Hotplug (HDP) detect On/Off. When Off, the Signal Manager will use the HPD of the display connected to the HDMI output jack. When On, the Signal Manager will complete the HPD back to the HDMI input source. This feature allows the XT-HDMI-SM-4K18G to act as the HDMI "endpoint", completing the necessary handshake to the input source. Examples of use would be if there's no display connected and only audio is being extracted from the HDMI signal, or if there are handshake issues with the connected display and the playback source.
- DIP Switches #0 & #1: Not used.
- DIP Switch #2: Allows audio embedding and de-embedding to the HDMI signal. In the Down position, 2-channel analog audio can be added to the HDMI output signal. In the Up position, audio can be extracted from the HDMI input signal and passed out the coax digital output or the 3.5mm analog output.
- Audio Breakout (De-embedding): A coaxial digital (S/PDIF) and a 3.5mm analog audio jack provide concurrent audio outputs, with the 3.5mm jack supporting 2-channel PCM input signals only. The coax digital output can provide up to 7.1 channels of de-embedded digital audio.
- Audio Input (Embedding): A 3.5mm analog audio input lets you embed 2-channel audio into the HDMI output signal.
- Status LEDs: Three LEDs are provided that will light to indicate Power is present, and if the HDMI Input and Output jacks are Active.
Mounting: The XT-HDMI-SM-4K18G includes two mounting brackets that allow it to be secured to a shelf or equipment panel.
Power: The Xantech Signal Manager includes an AC power supply (5VDC/1A output) that attaches to a rear-panel input socket. The attaching power cable includes a threaded locking-collar for a secure connection.
Supported Video Formats & Resolutions: Selectable via the EDID DIP switch panel:
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4:/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- DVI 1280x1024 @60Hz/ No audio
- DVI 1920x1080 @60Hz/ No audio
- DVI 1920x1200 @60Hz/ No audio
- Copy EDID from HDMI Output 1