About the Xantech XT-SW21-4K18G
Easily switch between two HDMI sources
Easily switch between two HDMI sources
This problem-solving two-input, one-output switcher can feed two HDMI sources to a single input on your TV, sound bar, or home theater receiver. It's perfect for situations where you're limited on available inputs, or want to run a single HDMI cable to your TV or projector.
Flexible source selection
- HDMI switcher with 2 inputs and 1 output
- passes 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) content at up to 60 frames per second
- supports HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2
- supports 3D-encoded content
- supports multichannel surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos®
- analog and digital audio breakouts for sending signal to an optional sound system
- coaxial digital output
- 3.5mm stereo mini analog output
- front-panel input selector and included handheld remote control let you switch between connected HDMI sources
- 4-way switch lets you select from multiple EDID ("HDMI handshake") options
- RS-232C and IR (infrared) remote connections for use with optional third-party controllers
- AC power adapter included
- 7-3/4"W x 15/16"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 1.1 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XT-SW21-4K18G
What's in the box:
- 2x1 HDMI Switcher
- IR Remote control (installed CR2025 battery)
- AC Power supply w/ attached 58" cable terminated in a DC plug with locking collar (5V/1A output)
- 4 Outlet adapters (US/EU/UK/AUS)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Six 4mm screws
- Quickstart guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Xantech XT-SW21-4K18G
Overview: The Xantech XT-SW21-4K18G 2x1 HDMI switcher lets you connect 2 HDMI input sources to a single display, while providing front-panel and IR remote control selection of the input source. The XT-SW21-4K18G supports the full HDMI 2.0 specification and is HDCP 2.2 compliant. The 2x1 HDMI switcher also supports video resolutions up to 4K/UHD @60Hz, with 4:4:4 chroma sampling and HDMI data rates up to 18Gbps. Other features include:
- Signal Support: The HDMI switcher supports all industry-standard video resolutions including VGA-WUXGA, 480i-4K, and 3D video signals.
- HDMI Formats: All current HDMI formats are supported including Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- EDID: The Xantech HDMI switcher manages EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) communications from the source to the display, ensuring the best video resolution and audio format is provided. Normally, this data is used by the playback source to determine the best resolution and audio, based on the display's specifications. When multiple displays are connected together or video matrix switching is introduced, many variables can arise, causing connection delays. An EDID 4-switch DIP selector on the splitter lets you manually select the type of video and audio signal being sent out to the connected display (see list below).
- HDMI CEC: The XT-SW21-4K18G supports HDMI CEC
pass-through to the connected display.
- Note: ARC (Audio Return Channel) not supported.
- Audio Breakout: A rear-panel coaxial digital (S/PDIF) and a 3.5mm analog audio jack provide concurrent audio outputs, with the 3.5mm jack supporting 2-channel PCM signals only.
- Status LEDs & Controls: A front-panel Source button lets you select the HDMI Input. Corresponding LEDs indicate which Input is selected. An Output LED lets you know when the HDMI Output is active.
- IR Remote Control: A hand-held IR remote control (included) lets you select the HDMI Input, with both numeral direct-selections and arrow-buttons for cycling through inputs.
- External IR: A rear-panel 3.5mm jack lets you connect an optional Xantech IR receiver (sold separately).
- Firmware Update: A rear-panel micro-B USB port can be used for updating the unit's firmware.
Applications: The Xantech 2x1 HDMI switcher is designed for both commercial and residential applications.
- Residential: Residential installations include connecting multiple HD signal sources, such as an Ultra HD Blu-ray player or HD video-streaming device, out to a single display, television, or projector in an AV system.
- TV Showrooms: The XT-SW21-4K18G can be used for properly demonstrating 4K programming in a retail environment.
- Professional AV: The 2x1 HDMI switcher is ideal for conferences and presentations requiring highly detailed 4K graphics, 3D renderings, simulations, and more.
Mounting: The XT-SW21-4K18G features 4 built-in rubberized feet for placing the unit on a flat surface. Two mounting brackets are also included that allow the HDMI switcher to be secured to a shelf or equipment panel.
Power: The Xantech HDMI switcher includes an AC power supply (5VDC/1A output) that attaches to a rear-panel input socket. The attaching power cable includes a threaded locking-collar for a secure connection.
Supported Video Formats & Resolutions: Selectable via the EDID DIP switch panel:
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 1080p @60Hz/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 1080i @60Hz/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4:/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:2:0 + 4K @30Hz 4:4:4/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 2ch. PCM
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 5.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby
- HDMI 4K @60Hz 4:4:4/ 7.1ch. PCM, DTS, Dolby, HD
- DVI 1280x1024 @60Hz/ No audio
- DVI 1920x1080 @60Hz/ No audio
- DVI 1920x1200 @60Hz/ No audio
- Copy EDID from HDMI Output 1