About the Kanto SP26
Meet Eric Angevine
Expert in 2-channel audio for your home, and commercial audio for your business.
Music has always been a huge part of my life. My family is full of singers and instrumentalists, so I grew up listening to recitals, concerts, records, and radio. These days I get to write about turntables, stereo amps and preamps, speakers, and the fascinating world of commercial audio. It's challenging, rewarding, and fun!
When I went to college at the University of Kansas, I got a student job as a sound engineer and announcer at the on-campus radio station, and that got me hooked on great gear. I've continued to share great tunes with my local community, first as a professional, and then a volunteer radio announcer.
My job at Crutchfield has drawn all of my passions together into job I love. I started as an Advisor, which gave me a chance to learn more about home, car, and commercial audio. Directly helping customers choose the gear that makes them happy was an enlightening and enjoyable experience. Becoming a copywriter let me flex the writing chops I've been honing over the past couple of decades - it's a perfect fit.
- Started at Crutchfield in 2013
- Completed our thorough in-house Advisor training, learning the details of every type of product we sell
- Attends dozens of vendor training events each year, including specialized commercial audio training
- Interviewed top home audio designers and engineers to gain insight into high-end audio
- Authored dozens of Crutchfield articles and hundreds of product web pages
- Author of "Hinkle Fieldhouse: Indiana's Basketball Cathedral"
More from Eric Angevine
- stand height: 26"
- heavy-duty steel pillars with cable management channel
- rotating top plates let you aim speakers toward your listening position
- interchangeable 4"-wide and 7"-wide top plates for use with different speaker models
- mounting holes and screws for securing speakers to stands
- interchangeable spiked and rubber dome feet
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SP26PLW
What's in the box:
- 2 Upright posts
- 2 Bases
- 2 Base cover-plates
- 2 Square top-plates
- 2 Rectangular top-plates
- 8 Rubber feet
- 8 Spiked feet
- 2 Short hex-head screws
- 2 Medium hex-head screws
- 4 Long hex-head screws (pre-installed in upright posts)
- 2 Hex-keys
- User Manual
- "Thank You" note
I don't normally leave reviews, but I was very impressed with these Kanto SP26 Speaker Stands. They are heavy, sturdy, versatile, look great and the best part was the price! I definitely recommend them!
Daniel from BELMONT, NC
Will these work with the KEF R3?
I don't know. They worked fine with my Elac bookshelf speakers.
Kanto SP26 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
Thank you for submitting your review!
It may take up to a week for your review to appear.
Filter by rating
More details on the Kanto SP26
Speaker Floorstands: The SPL26PL speaker floorstands were designed to work perfectly with Kanto's YU4 and YU6 powered speakers; use the screw hole on the base of each speaker and the included 1/4"-20 screws to securely fasten them to the stands. The SPL26PL speaker stands will also work with Kanto's YU2 powered speakers and other brands of speakers that are similar size and weight of Kanto YU series speakers. The stands allow you to place your compatible speakers at ear-level for optimal listening enjoyment.
Heavy-Duty Steel Construction: The Kanto speaker floorstands feature heavy-duty steel construction with an extra heavy-duty base that is designed to reduce undesirable vibration. The heavy-duty base measures 8.875" (w) x 10.5625" (d). Each stand weighs approximately 15 lbs. The speaker floorstands are available in a black or white finish to better match your speakers and room decor.
Adjustable Top-Plates: Two top plate sizes are provided to mount the Kanto YU2, YU4, or YU6 powered speakers; or other compatible speaker brand. The top-plates allow you to rotate your speakers to the left or right 15 degrees to ensure every sound reaches your ears. The top-plates can be positioned at -15 degrees, 0 degrees, or +15 degrees. The adjustment must be done prior to mounting the top-plates to the upright posts.
- Rectangular Top-Plate Dimensions: 4.375" (w) x 7.125" (d)
- Square Top-Plate Dimensions: 7.0625" (w) x 7.0625" (d)
Wire & Cable Management: The Kanto SPL26PL speaker floorstands feature hollow upright posts that allow you to easily route your power cable and speaker wire, ensuring they remain concealed. The power cable and/or speaker wire should be no larger than 1" in diameter.
Rubber or Spiked Feet: Interchangeable spiked and rubber dome feet ensure your speakers remain securely in place on carpet, tile, hardwood, vinyl, or laminate flooring. The spiked feet should be utilized on carpet flooring for greater stability. The rubber dome feet should be used on hardwood, tile, vinyl, and laminate flooring to prevent damage to your floors.
- Height with Rubber Feet: 26.0625"
- Height with Spike Feet: 26.5625"
Note: The speaker stands should not be used without the rubber or spiked feet installed.
96 questions already asked