About the Kanto SUB6
Add thump to music and movies
Add thump to music and movies
My home office is fairly small, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the sweet sound of bass guitars and drums kicking in on my favorite songs. The Kanto SUB6 powered subwoofer is exactly the size sub I want under my desk for rhythmic bass when I'm streaming music or watching a movie online.
This ultra-compact model features a 6" front-firing woofer that's driven by a 100-watt RMS amplifier. It's the perfect low-frequency complement to Kanto's diverse line of powered speakers, and it's ideal for small rooms where space is at a premium.
- 6" front-firing woofer
- 100-watt RMS (200-watts peak) amplifier
- frequency response: 35-165 Hz
- line-level stereo RCA inputs
- phase switch helps match the subwoofer to your main speakers
- auto on/off
- acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- white matte finish
- 8-3/4"W x 9-1/2"H x 10-1/2"D
- weight: 12 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SUB6MW
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- 9.75' mono-RCA cable
- User Manual
- "Thank You" note
Kanto SUB6 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kanto SUB6
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||6|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-120|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||100|
|Frequency Response||35-165 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Powered Subwoofer: Adding a powered subwoofer to your speaker system extends the bass response produced by your existing loudspeakers and improves their midrange clarity. In a home theater application, the subwoofer takes care of reproducing signals from the low frequency effects channel. In a stereo system, the subwoofer helps reduce the low-frequency demands on the main speakers.
- 6" Paper Cone Woofer: The Kanto Sub6 powered subwoofer houses a front-firing 6" paper cone woofer that offers powerful bass extensions.
- 100 Watt Class D Amplifier: The 6" paper cone woofer is powered by a built-in Class D amplifier rated at 100 watts (RMS) / 200 watts (Peak) for dynamic, controlled bass response.
Subwoofer Controls: The Kanto Sub6 provides Volume, Low Pass Crossover, and Phase controls to fine-tune the powered subwoofer to your setup application. All of the controls are found on the rear-panel of the powered sub.
- Volume: The rotary volume control adjusts the volume level of the powered subwoofer in relation to to the other speakers in your system.
- Low Pass Crossover: The Low Pass Crossover is used to set the upper limit of the frequencies that Sub6 will reproduce. The Low Pass Crossover can be adjusted between 40Hz and 120Hz.
- Phase Switch: The Phase Switch is normally set to 0°. If the Sub6 is positioned significantly farther from the main speakers or if the powered subwoofer is used in a stereo setup where the amplifier driving the main speakers inverts the phase signal, the 180° setting may be desirable. Listen with the switch in both positions and select the setting that gives the fullest sound. If in doubt, or if there is little difference, leave the switch set to 0°
Stereo RCA Input: The Sub6 powered sub is outfitted with left and right RCA Line Level inputs. These inputs are for use with stereo receivers and integrated amplifiers featuring stereo preamp outputs or AV receivers and processors featuring an LFE subwoofer output. If your receiver, integrated amp, or processor only has a single subwoofer line output or LFE output, either the left or right input jack of the powered sub can be used.
Placement Options: To some degree, positioning the powered subwoofer is less critical because it produces only non-directional low-frequency sounds. However, best results are obtained if the powered sub is placed either between the left and right speakers or in the vicinity of either the left channel or right channel speaker. As with all speakers, moving the Sub6 very close to room boundaries will enhance the bass frequencies but will tend to muddy the sound. Room characteristics and positioning have a profound effect on the performance of the subwoofer, so time and effort devoted to achieving the optimum operating position will be rewarded.
Auto Power On/Off: The Kanto Sub6 powered subwoofer has a 3-way power switch on the rear-panel. You can select Auto, which turns the unit on automatically when an input signal is received and off after the signal stops; On, which keeps the unit on; or Standby, which turns the unit off.