About the Kanto SUB8
Add bass to movies and music
I've used the original Kanto SUB8, and I've loved how it looks good and takes up relatively little space, while adding plenty of punch to my music listening and TV watching. This new version offers those same benefits, with a couple of changes: its 8" front-firing woofer is now driven by a more powerful 150-watt RMS amplifier. And it features a new, slick-looking vinyl finish in black or white. It's a great complement to Kanto's diverse line of powered speakers, and is ideal for small- to medium-sized rooms where space is at a premium.
- 8" front-firing woofer
- 150-watt RMS (300-watts peak) amplifier
- frequency response: 35-175 Hz
- line-level stereo RCA inputs
- phase switch helps match the subwoofer to your main speakers
- auto on/off
- acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
Dimensions and warranty:
- 11-1/16"W x 11-7/8"H x 12-13/16"D
- weight: 17.2 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SUB8VMW
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- 10' mono-RCA cable
- User Manual
- User Manual Language Update Note
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Kanto SUB8 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Kanto SUB8
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||Stereo RCA/LFE|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-120|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||150|
|Frequency Response||35-175 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Powered Subwoofer: Adding a powered subwoofer to your speaker system extends the bass response produced by your existing loudspeakers and improves their midrange clarity. In a home theater application, the subwoofer takes care of reproducing signals from the low frequency effects channel. In a stereo system, the subwoofer helps reduce the low-frequency demands on the main speakers.
- 8" Paper Cone Woofer: The Kanto Sub8 powered subwoofer houses a front-firing 8" paper cone woofer that offers powerful bass extensions.
- 150 Watt Class D Amplifier: The 8" paper cone woofer is powered by a built-in Class D amplifier rated at 150 watts (RMS) / 300 watts (Peak) for dynamic, controlled bass response.
- Sealed Enclosure: The 8" paper cone woofer is housed in an acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure for tight, accurate, an deep bass with very little distortion.
Subwoofer Controls: The Kanto Sub8 provides Volume, Low Pass Crossover, and Phase controls to fine-tune the powered subwoofer to your setup application. All of the controls are found on the rear-panel of the powered sub.
- Volume: The rotary volume control adjusts the volume level of the powered subwoofer in relation to to the other speakers in your system.
- Low Pass Crossover: The Low Pass Crossover is used to set the upper limit of the frequencies that Sub8 will reproduce. The Low Pass Crossover can be adjusted between 40Hz and 120Hz.
- Phase Switch: The Phase Switch is normally set to 0°. If the Sub8 is positioned significantly farther from the main speakers or if the powered subwoofer is used in a stereo setup where the amplifier driving the main speakers inverts the phase signal, the 180° setting may be desirable. Listen with the switch in both positions and select the setting that gives the fullest sound. If in doubt, or if there is little difference, leave the switch set to 0°
Stereo RCA Input: The Sub8 powered sub is outfitted with left and right RCA Line Level inputs. These inputs are for use with stereo receivers and integrated amplifiers featuring stereo preamp outputs or AV receivers and processors featuring an LFE subwoofer output. If your receiver, integrated amp, or processor only has a single subwoofer line output or LFE output, either the left or right input jack of the powered sub can be used.
Placement Options: To some degree, positioning the powered subwoofer is less critical because it produces only non-directional low-frequency sounds. However, best results are obtained if the powered sub is placed either between the left and right speakers or in the vicinity of either the left channel or right channel speaker. As with all speakers, moving the Sub8 very close to room boundaries will enhance the bass frequencies but will tend to muddy the sound. Room characteristics and positioning have a profound effect on the performance of the subwoofer, so time and effort devoted to achieving the optimum operating position will be rewarded.
Auto Power On/Off: The Kanto Sub8 powered subwoofer has a 3-way power switch on the rear-panel. You can select Auto, which turns the unit on automatically when an input signal is received and off after the signal stops; On, which keeps the unit on; or Standby, which turns the unit off.