About the Parasound ZoneMaster 12
A multi-zone amp for large spaces
A multi-zone amp for large spaces
It's not always easy to find an amp that can drive all the speakers properly in a large multi-room audio system. But the versatile Parasound ZoneMaster 12 is designed for just such a scenario. Zone 1 (channels 1 and 2) gets significantly more power — 120 watts per channel — perfect for driving a demanding stereo speaker pair, or for outdoor applications where more wattage is required. Zones 2-6 (channels 3-12) get 60 watts per channel, which is great for more casual listening in additional rooms.
Adjustable level controls
Each channel has a level control that's accessible using a screwdriver, via the back panel. That means you can establish maximum volumes for each zone, at safe levels. If you install local in-wall volume controls in each room, then anyone using the system can turn it up as much as they want without risk of damaging the audio equipment (or their ears).
Inputs and outputs
This amp offers a great deal of flexibility for distributing signal in a multi-zone custom installation. Bus 1 features stereo RCA input, and Bus 2 features RCA line plus speaker-level Euroblock inputs. Each zone has a selector switch that allows you to choose which Bus provides input to that zone. In addition, each zone has its own individual "local" stereo RCA input.
Each zone also offers A and B pairs of four-pin Euroblock speaker outputs with a stereo/mono switch. In stereo mode, up to two pairs of connected speakers can be used to reproduce left and right channels. In mono mode, you can have a total of four speakers in that zone, all reproducing the same summed mono L+R signal.
The ZoneMaster 12 lives up to its name in another way by offering detailed control of turn-on options for each zone. A three-position switch lets you choose to manually turn on all zones, turn on all zones at once via a master 12-volt trigger, or select which zones turn on automatically in response to a zone-specific 12-volt trigger. With the switch in the By Zone position, you can toggle each of six 12-volt trigger input/output jacks on or off, as needed for your custom installation.
- zone 1 (channels 1 & 2): 120 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD with 2 channels driven
- 150 watts per channel into 4 or 2 ohms
- zones 2-6 (channels 3-12): 60 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- 100 watts per channel into 4 or 2 ohms
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (+0/-0.25dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 112 dB
- detachable power cord
- rack mounting ears included
- Bus 1: stereo RCA input and loop output
- Bus 2: stereo RCA input and loop output; four-pin Euroblock speaker-level input
- six zone buses, each including:
- one unbalanced stereo RCA input pair
- individual level control knobs for each channel
- four-pin Euroblock connectors for A/B speaker output
- input selector: Bus 1/Bus 2
- stereo/mono switch
- Euroblock terminals for A/B speaker output
- turn on options: manual, 12-volt all-on, or 12-volt by zone
- 3.5mm 12-volt trigger input/loop output for "all on"
- six zone-specific 3.5mm 12-volt trigger input/output pairs with on/off toggles
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/4"W x 4-3/16"H x 16"D (2U rack spaces)
- weight: 21 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ZM 12
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Parasound ZoneMaster 12
Features & specs
|Number of Channels||12|
|Power Output per Channel (8 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (6 ohms)||---|
|Power Output per Channel (4 ohms)||---|
|Bridged Power per Channel||---|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Inputs & Outputs|
|Number of Inputs||9|