About the Parasound ZoneMaster 4
A customizable two-zone amp
A customizable two-zone amp
The versatile Parasound ZoneMaster 4 provides 120 watts to each of its four channels. You get independent setup for two zones, with connections for up to eight speakers total. This amp offers multiple input and automatic power-up options for maximum flexibility in a custom installation.
Adjustable level controls
Each channel has a level control that's accessible using a screwdriver, via the back panel. That means you can establish maximum volumes for each zone, at safe levels. If you install local in-wall volume controls in each room, then anyone using the system can turn it up as much as they want without risk of damaging the audio equipment (or their ears).
Inputs and outputs
This amp features a master bus with a stereo RCA input and loop output, plus a speaker-level input for integrating with audio systems that don't have a line-level output. Each zone has its own individual stereo RCA input, and a line/bus selector switch for additional system design flexibility.
Each zone also offers A and B pairs of four-pin Euroblock speaker outputs with a stereo/mono switch. In stereo mode, up to two pairs of connected speakers can be used to reproduce left and right channels. In mono mode, you can have a total of four speakers in that zone, all reproducing the same summed mono L+R signal.
The ZoneMaster 4 lives up to its name in another way by offering detailed control of turn-on options for each zone. A three-position switch lets you choose to manually turn on both zones, turn on both zones at once via a master 12-volt trigger, or individually select a zone to turn on automatically in response to its own 12-volt trigger.
- 120 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD with 4 channels driven
- 150 watts per channel into 4 or 2 ohms
- 2-ohm stable design enables it to drive multiple speakers
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz (+0/-0.25dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 112 dB
- rack mounting ears included
- detachable power cord
- Bus input:
- four-pin Euroblock speaker-level input for integrating with audio systems that don't have a line-level output
- stereo RCA input and loop output
- Zone 1/Zone 2 each include:
- one unbalanced stereo RCA input pair
- individual level control knobs for each channel
- four-pin Euroblock connectors for A/B speaker output
- input selector: line in/Bus
- stereo/mono switch
- turn on options: manual, 12-volt all on, or 12-volt by zone
- 3.5mm 12-volt trigger input/loop output for "all on"
- two zone-specific 3.5mm 12-volt trigger input/output pairs with on/off toggles
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 16"D (1U rack space)
- weight: 12 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ZM 4
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Parasound ZoneMaster 4