About the GoldenEar Invisa 600
Value-packed in-ceiling sound from GoldenEar
Value-packed in-ceiling sound from GoldenEar
Planning a custom-installed audio system for your home? You'll be hard-pressed to find a better value than GoldenEar's Invisa 600 in-ceiling speaker. Its 1" titanium dome tweeter is aimable to direct high-frequency details towards you. And a multi-position tweeter level control helps you best match it your room's acoustics.
Crisp bass and textured midrange come courtesy of a 6-1/2" polymer woofer. Use a pair of the Invisa 600s for overhead music around your house, or as your home theater's Dolby Atmos® overhead effects channels.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out our guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
Who is GoldenEar?
Since their founding in 2010, GoldenEar has racked up rave reviews across the audio industry for their high-tech speaker lineup and cutting-edge design philosophy. The company's goal is to create speakers that sound better than comparable models costing three, four, or even five times more. Their signature sound includes pinpoint stereo imaging, a spacious three-dimensional soundstage, and ultra-low distortion. Each of GoldenEar's custom-designed drivers, passive radiators, and carefully tuned cabinets help create an ultra-immersive listening experience with your favorite albums and movie soundtracks.
- ideal for an in-ceiling music system or overhead surround effects in a home theater system
- 6-1/2" marble-infused polymer woofer for tight bass and articulate midrange
- 1" titanium dome tweeter with silk surround for revealing highs
- tweeter is aimable to direct high-frequency details towards you
- multi-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to best match your room's acoustics
- frequency response: 38-22,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 10-200 watts
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- ultra-thin bezel and paintable magnetic round grille provide seamless integration into your décor
- optional square grilles sold separately
- optional pre-construction brackets help provide a precise, secure installation
Dimensions and warranty:
- cutout diameter: 7-3/16"
- overall diameter: 8-11/16"
- mounting depth: 3-5/8"
- weight: 4 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DLGA
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling/In-wall loudspeaker
- Owner's Manual
- Cut-Out Template
- Cardboard Paint Shield
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the GoldenEar Invisa 600
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Marble-Infused Polymer|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-200|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Features1" Titanium Dome Tweeter: The GoldenEar Technololgy Invisa 600 incorporates a 1" pure titanium dome tweeter with a special silk surround for excellent audio performance with crisp, detailed high frequenies.The tweeter is aimable and offers an integrated High Frequency EQ.
- Aimable Tweeter: The Invisa 600 speaker incorporates an aimable tweeter assembly to compensate for less than ideal placement situations, and to allow for an effective "toe-in" for in-wall applications. If your installation location is such that the primary listening area is well off axis from the speaker, the tweeter assembly can be rotated and tilted to allow it to be better aimed at the listening area.
- High Frequency Equalization (HF EQ): Built-in high frequency equalization helps with integrating the Invisa 600 speaker into your room, regardless of the reflecting and/or absorbing surfaces you may have in your room. If you have a typical listening room with a balance of reflecting and absorbing surfaces, then start with the HF EQ control in the center position. If your listening room is overly "bright" due to many reflective and hard surfaces, then select the "-" position to effectively compensate for this type of room acoustics issue. If your listening room is filled with heavy furniture and fabrics or you are sitting fairly far from the speakers, making the sound seem "dull", select the "+" position to compensate for this type of room acoustics issue.
One-Piece Driver/Frame/Flange Assembly: The Invisa 600 utilizes a one-piece driver/frame/flange assembly. The 6.5" high-definition, wide-dispersion woofer is built as an integral part of the Invisa 600's frame/flange assembly to minimize footprint. The 6.5" woofer utilizes a proprietary computer optimized cone topology and is constructed of marble-infused polymer for an exceptional rigid cone that is extremely linear. The high-definition, wide-dispersion woofer also features a 1" high-temperatur Kapton Former voice coil and a High-Gauss Magnet Assembly for high power handling.
Complex Multi-Element Crossover Network: The GoldenEar Technology Invisa 600 incorporates a complex multi-element crossover to precisely blend the drivers for seamless, precise, and natural sound quality.
Magnetically Attached Micro-Perf Grille: The Invisa 600 has a flat, round, magnetically attached micro-perf grille that covers the mounting flange for an attractive, nearly "invisible" look. This low-profile grille only protrudes 0.1875" from the ceiling or wall. The micro-perf grille is white in color, but can be painted to blend in better with the color of your ceiling or wall. An optional square grille is also available (see Accessories Tab).
Spring-Post Terminals: The GoldenEar Technology Invisa 600 in-ceiling/in-wall speaker is outfitted with a set of high-quality spring-post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Home Theater & Music Applications: The GoldenEar Technology Invisa 600 speaker is designed to work beautifully in a wide variety of applications. The Invisa 600 can be used as a main front left, main front right, center, surround or height speaker in a home theater system; as front left and right stage speakers of a 2ch music setup; or as part of a distributed audio system.
- Front Speaker Placement: The front speakers should be positioned evenly on either side of the TV or projector screen. The front speakers should form an equilateral triangle with the main listening position. In the case of an in-wall installation, make sure the speakers are positioned at ear level when sitting in the main listening position.
- Center Speaker Placement: Position the center-channel speaker between the left or right speakers and directly above or below the center of the TV or projector screen.
- Surround Speaker Placement: When used as surround speakers in a home theater system, the Invisa 600 may be located on the side, above, or behind the listeners. When used on the side, take care never to locate the the speaker forward of the listeners. If the speakers are installed in the rear wall as surrounds, it is suggested that they be positioned fairly wide apart if possible. In-wall surround speakers can be installed at ear level or above ear level. In-ceiling installation in the rear corner of the main listening area is also a good surround speaker location.
- Distributed Audio Placement: For In-Ceiling applications for "whole-home" music playback, position speakers in stereo left/right pairs so they are approximately as far apart as the distance to the average listeners' positions. For very large spaces, you may wish to install additional stereo pairs of speakers approximately every 20 to 25'.
Mounting Options: The Invisa 600 can be installed in the ceiling or a wall. It requires a round, circular cutout that measures 7.1875" in diameter and 3.4375" in depth. Four integrated locking-arms secure the speaker to the ceiling or wall. The locking-arms support a 0.25" to 1" thick ceiling or wall surface. Allow at least 0.875" of clearance around the inside edge of the cutout to accommodate the locking arms. Allow at least 0.75" of clearance around the outside edge of the cutout to accommodate the speaker frame and grille.
- When installing the speaker in a wall, the tweeter should be at approximately ear level for the most accurate and natural imaging. Make sure to select locations that allow the sound to reach the listening area unobstructed by furnishings.
- Placing the speaker in a corner will over-emphasize bass and reduce overall clarity. If possible, position the speaker away from side walls. This will ensure better bass performance and optimal midrange clarity
Note: When preparing to install the in-ceiling speaker, pick a location that has the required clearance between ceiling joists. Make sure to check for wiring, conduit, water pipes, HVAC ducts and other obstructions before cutting the installation hole.
Invisa Series: GoldenEar Technology's Invisa Series architectural speakers are engineered to deliver superb state-of-the-art sound quality, designed to blend perfectly with their surroundings and virtually disappear. The Invisa Series consists of three in-ceiling speakers (Invisa 525 / Invisa 600 / Invisa 650), a stereo input in-ceiling speaker (Invisa SP 652), a home theater engineered in-ceiling speaker (HTR 7000 / HTR 8000), a home theater engineered LCR in-wall speaker (SPS), and a home theater engineered surround in-wall speaker (MPX) - all sold separately.