About the GoldenEar Invisa SP 652
Enjoy stereo sound from a single overhead speaker
Enjoy stereo sound from a single overhead speaker
A custom-installed speaker system lets you enjoy music while saving shelf and floor space. If you're going in-ceiling for your tunes, check out GoldenEar's Invisa SP 652. It uses a dual-tweeter design to deliver dynamic stereo sound from a single overhead location.
The SP 652 is perfect for kitchens, hallways, or any other room where you want to listen in stereo without installing a pair of speakers. Crisp bass and articulate midrange come courtesy of a 6-1/2" polymer woofer, while two HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeters dish out ultra-smooth, ultra-revealing highs.
A unique tweeter design yields superb highs
The HVFR tweeters are actually a trickle-down technology borrowed from GoldenEar's top-of-the-line Triton Series. Each uses neodymium magnets to squeeze and pressurize the air and move a high-density Kapton film diaphragm.
This no-resonance, low-distortion design helps the tweeters reach an astonishingly high 35,000 Hz while keeping a smooth, detailed response — even at high volume. There's almost no moving mass, so the tweeters aren't subject to the piston-like issues (namely, "wobble" or distortion) of traditional dome-style tweeters. The resulting sound is terrific, and the stereo imaging superb.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out our guide to installing in-ceiling speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
Who is GoldenEar?
Since their founding in 2010, GoldenEar has racked up rave reviews across the audio industry for their high-tech speaker lineup and cutting-edge design philosophy. The company's goal is to create speakers that sound better than comparable models costing three, four, or even five times more. Their signature sound includes pinpoint stereo imaging, a spacious three-dimensional soundstage, and ultra-low distortion. Each of GoldenEar's custom-designed drivers, passive radiators, and carefully tuned cabinets help create an ultra-immersive listening experience with your favorite albums and movie soundtracks.
- stereo-input design plays both the left and right channels of the stereo mix
- 6-1/2" marble-infused polymer woofer with dual voice coils for tight, clean bass and articulate midrange
- dual HVFR (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeters for natural and revealing highs
- multi-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to best match your room's acoustics
- frequency response: 25-35,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 10-125 watts per channel
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- ultra-thin bezel and paintable magnetic round grille provide seamless integration into your décor
- optional square grille sold separately
Dimensions and warranty:
- cutout diameter: 7-3/16"
- overall diameter: 8-11/16"
- mounting depth: 3-1/2"
- weight: 4.25 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DLFA
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Owner's Manual
- Cut-Out Template
- Cardboard Paint Shield
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the GoldenEar Invisa SP 652
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Woofer Composition||Marble-Infused Polymer|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-125|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Stereo In-Ceiling Speaker: The GoldenEar Technology Invisa SP 652 is a versatile stereo in-ceiling speaker featuring dual HVFR tweeters, a single 6.5" woofer, and stereo inputs. It provides high-quality stereo sound reproduction from a single in-ceiling speaker. Its perfect for those areas where you want stereo sound, but a pair of speakers is just not practical.
- The Invisa SP 652 is ideal for smaller rooms not suited to a stereo pair of speakers, or where a single speaker is the preferred choice.
- The Invisa SP 652 can also be used in large room for distributed audio where a pair of speakers would not be heard in stereo.
Dual High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) Tweeters: The Invisa SP 652 features two of GoldenEar Technology's High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeters in a special acoustically optimized high-frequency pod with a precisely calculated angle to maximize stereo coverage and radiation into the room. The HVFR tweeters propagate sound waves and moves the air by squeezing it with its accordion-like pleated diaphragm, rather than pushing it as conventional drivers do. The result is better impedance matching to the air in the room with greater control, smoother more extended response with lower distortion and dramatically improved dynamic range. The tweeter assembly can be rotated and offers an integrated High Frequency EQ.
- Rotating Tweeter Assembly: The Invisa SP 652 speaker incorporates a rotating dual HVFR tweeter assembly to allow for easy orientation of the tweeter assembly after installation. With the speaker installed and the grille off, simply rotate the tweeter assembly so that the bars/slots of the High Velocity Folded Ribbon tweeters are horizontal when viewed from the listening position. The tweeter assembly only rotates; it does not tilt or angle.
- High Frequency Equalization (HF EQ): Built-in high frequency equalization helps with integrating the Invisa 650 speaker into your room, regardless of the reflecting and/or absorbing surfaces you may have in your room. If you have a typical listening room with a balance of reflecting and absorbing surfaces, then start with the HF EQ control in the center position. If your listening room is overly "bright" due to many reflective and hard surfaces, then select the "-" position to effectively compensate for this type of room acoustics issue. If your listening room is filled with heavy furniture and fabrics or you are sitting fairly far from the speakers, making the sound seem "dull", select the "+" position to compensate for this type of room acoustics issue.
One-Piece Driver/Frame/Flange Assembly: The Invisa SP 652 utilizes a one-piece driver/frame/flange assembly. The 6.5" high-definition, wide-dispersion woofer is built as an integral part of the Invisa SP 652's frame/flange assembly to minimize footprint. The 6.5" woofer utilizes a proprietary computer optimized cone topology and is constructed of marble-infused polymer for an exceptional rigid cone that is extremely linear. The high-definition, wide-dispersion woofer also features a 1" high-temperatur Kapton Former voice coil and a High-Gauss Magnet Assembly for high power handling. In addition, a specially contoured santoprene anti-resonance/diffraction-control ring is incorporated around the driver and covering the surrounds to further optimize performance.
Complex Multi-Element Crossover Network: Two complex multi-element crossovers incorporating high-quality components are utilized to precisely blend the drivers for seamless, precise, and natural sound quality.
High Frequency Equalization (HF EQ): Built-in high frequency equalization helps with integrating the Invisa SP 652 in-ceiling speaker into your room, regardless of the reflecting and/or absorbing surfaces you may have in your room. The HF EQ has three settings -
- If you have a typical listening room with a balance of reflecting and absorbing surfaces, then start with the HF EQ control in the center position.
- If your listening room is overly "bright" due to many reflective and hard surfaces, then select the "-" position to effectively compensate for this type of room acoustics issue.
- If your listening room is filled with heavy furniture and fabrics or you are sitting fairly far from the speakers, making the sound seem "dull", select the "+" position to compensate for this type of room acoustics issue.
Magnetically Attached Micro-Perf Grille: The Invisa SP 652 has a flat, round, magnetically attached micro-perf grille that covers the mounting flange for an attractive, nearly "invisible" look. This low-profile grille only protrudes 0.1875" from the ceiling or wall. The micro-perf grille is white in color, but can be painted to blend in better with the color of your ceiling or wall. An optional square grille is also available (see Accessories Tab).
Spring-Post Terminals: The GoldenEar Technology Invisa SP 652 in-ceiling peaker is outfitted with two sets of high-quality spring-post terminals to connect to the left and right channels of your receiver or amplifier. These spring-post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Mounting Options: The Invisa SP 652 requires a round, circular cutout in the ceiling that measures 7.1875" in diameter and 3.5" in depth. Four integrated locking-arms secure the speaker to the ceiling. The locking-arms support a 0.25" to 1" thick ceiling or wall surface. Allow at least 0.875" of clearance around the inside edge of the cutout to accommodate the locking arms. Allow at least 0.75" of clearance around the outside edge of the cutout to accommodate the speaker frame and grille.
Note: When preparing to install the in-ceiling speaker, pick a location that has the required clearance between ceiling joists. Make sure to check for wiring, conduit, water pipes, HVAC ducts and other obstructions before cutting the installation hole.
Invisa Series: GoldenEar Technology's Invisa Series architectural speakers are engineered to deliver superb state-of-the-art sound quality, designed to blend perfectly with their surroundings and virtually disappear. The Invisa Series consists of three in-ceiling speakers (Invisa 525 / Invisa 600 / Invisa 650), a stereo input in-ceiling speaker (Invisa SP 652), a home theater engineered in-ceiling speaker (HTR 7000 / HTR 8000), a home theater engineered LCR in-wall speaker (SPS), and a home theater engineered surround in-wall speaker (MPX) - all sold separately.