About the GoldenEar Invisa Signature Point Source (SPS)
GoldenEar's signature sound in a space-saving design
GoldenEar's signature sound in a space-saving design
During the summer of 2020 I installed new in-wall speakers as part of my home theater makeover. I love the dynamic sound they provide, and the space they saved gave me extra room for seating. GoldenEar's Invisa Signature Point Source (SPS) in-wall speaker can do the same for your custom-installed audio system.
This speaker's slim design helps it fit into walls that have limited available mounting depth.
Use this stealthy speaker in the front of your room as a left-, center-, or right-channel speaker. Or install a pair or two as your system's surround channels and get immersive special effects without taking up shelf or floor space.
High-tech design for high-performance sound
The SPS is the best custom-integrated speaker in GoldenEar's esteemed Invisa Series. That's due in part to a unique design that pairs a High-Gauss Reference HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter with four 5-1/4” cast-basket woofers for ultra-smooth, ultra-revealing sound.
The outermost woofers handle only lower frequencies (below 500 Hz), while the inner woofers reproduce higher mids (up to 3,000 Hz) and blend with the tweeter. GoldenEar's proprietary MVPP™ (Multi-Vaned Phase Plug) technology on the inner woofers helps deliver precise, responsive sound in both vertical and horizontal installations.
A unique tweeter yields superb highs
The SPS's advanced Reference HVFR tweeter is actually a trickle-down technology borrowed from GoldenEar's top-of-the-line Triton Series. It uses neodymium magnets to squeeze and pressurize the air and move a high-density Kapton film diaphragm.
This no-resonance, low-distortion design helps the tweeter reach a remarkable 35,000 Hz while keeping a smooth, detailed response — even at high volume. There's almost no moving mass, so it isn't subject to the piston-like issues of traditional dome-style tweeters (namely, "wobble" or distortion). The resulting sound is terrific, with a wide soundstage and pinpoint stereo imaging.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out our guide to installing in-wall speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. Paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
Who is GoldenEar?
Since their founding in 2010, GoldenEar has racked up rave reviews across the audio industry for their high-tech speaker lineup and cutting-edge design philosophy. The company's goal is to create speakers that sound better than comparable models costing three, four, or even five times more. Their signature sound includes pinpoint stereo imaging, a spacious three-dimensional soundstage, and ultra-low distortion. Each of GoldenEar's custom-designed drivers, passive radiators, and carefully tuned cabinets help create an ultra-immersive listening experience with your favorite albums and movie soundtracks.
- ideal for use in a stealthy home theater system, or as part of an in-wall stereo music system
- installs horizontally as a center channel, or vertically as a left- or right-channel speaker
- High-Gauss Reference HVFR (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter for natural and revealing highs
- four 5-1/4" high-definition, cast-basket polypropylene woofers for tight bass and articulate midrange
- the outermost drivers handle only lower frequencies (below 500 Hz)
- inner woofers handle frequencies up to 3,000 Hz to blend with tweeter
- frequency response: 25-35,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 20-350 watts
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- unobtrusive frame and low-profile, paintable magnetic grille for discreet installation
- optional back-box ensures well-balanced sound and protects against dust and dirt
- optional pre-construction brackets help provide a precise, secure installation
Dimensions and warranty:
- cutout dimensions: 26-1/2"W x 7-1/8"H
- overall dimensions: 28-1/4"W x 8-5/8"H (with grille installed)
- mounting depth: 3-5/16" (3-3/4" when installed with optional back-box)
- weight: 14 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DLKA
What's in the box:
GoldenEar Invisa Signature Point Source (SPS) owner's manual
- In-wall loudspeaker
- Owner's Manual
- Cut-Out Template
- Cardboard Paint Shield
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the GoldenEar Invisa Signature Point Source (SPS)
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Outdoor (Partial Exposure)||No|
|Outdoor (Full Exposure)||No|
|Power Range (Watts)||20-350|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
LCR In-Ceiling Speaker: The GoldenEar Technology Invisa Signature Point Source (SPS) in-wall speaker is intended for use as a front, center or surround speaker in a multi-channel home theater system. It can also be used in a 2ch music setup, or as part of a distributed audio system.
- Front Main Application: When using a pair of Signature Point Source speakers as front speakers in a home theater application, position the speakers evenly on either side of the TV or projector screen. The front speakers should form an equilateral triangle with the main listening position. Make sure the speakers are positioned at ear level when sitting in the main listening position.
- Center Center Application: When used as a center-channel speaker in a home theater setup, position the Signature Point Source speaker between the left or right speakers and directly above or below the center of your TV or projector screen. If possible, position the speaker so that it is at ear level when sitting in the main listening position.
- Rear or Side Surround Application: When used as surround speakers in a home theater system, the SPS may be located on the side, above, or behind the listeners. When used on the side, take care never to locate the the speaker forward of the listeners. If a pair of speakers are placed along the rear wall as surrounds in a 5.1ch system, it is suggested that they be positioned fairly wide apart if possible. If a pair of speakers are used as rear surrounds in a 7.1ch system, they should be placed fairly close together (4' to 6'). Surround speakers should always be positioned as high as possible in the room for non-Dolby Atmos/DTS:X systems. For systems with height channels, always position the surround channels at ear level.
High-Gauss Reference High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) Tweeter: The Signature Point Source features GoldenEar Technology's High-Gauss Reference High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeter for silky smooth high frequency response and ultra high resolution capability. The HVFR tweeter propagates sound waves and moves the air by squeezing it with its accordion-like pleated diaphragm, rather than pushing it as conventional drivers do. Greater efficiency, lower distortion, improved dynamics and superbly detailed sound are the result of this amazing technology.
- Rotating Tweeter: The GoldenEar Technology Invisa Signature Point Source speaker incorporates a rotatable tweeter assembly to allow for correct orientation of the tweeter when installing the LCR speaker horizontally as a Center speaker, or vertically as a Front or Surround speaker. The tweeter assembly comes pre-installed by default in the vertical position for use as a Front or Surround speaker. You'll need to remove four screws, rotate the tweeter assembly horizontally, and re-install the four screws, in order to use it as a Center-Channel speaker.
- High Frequency Equalization (HF EQ): Built-in high frequency equalization helps with integrating the Invisa SPS speaker into your room, regardless of the reflecting and/or absorbing surfaces you may have in your room. If you have a typical listening room with a balance of reflecting and absorbing surfaces, then start with the HF EQ control in the center position. If your listening room is overly "bright" due to many reflective and hard surfaces, then select the "-" position to effectively compensate for this type of room acoustics issue. If your listening room is filled with heavy furniture and fabrics or you are sitting fairly far from the speakers, making the sound seem "dull", select the "+" position to compensate for this type of room acoustics issue.
Quadruple 5.25" Mid/Bass Drivers: The Invisa Signature Point Source houses a total of four 5.25" midrange and bass drivers. The two 5.25" MVPP midrange drivers go all the way up to 3,000Hz to blend perfectly with the HVFR tweeter, while the two 5.25" high-definition bass drivers go all the way down to 25Hz for deep sounding bass.
- Dual 5.25" Midrange Drivers: The Invisa Signature Point Source incorporates two 5.25" upper bass/midrange drivers with GoldenEar's proprietary Multi-Vaned Phase Plug (MVPP), incorporating a cone utilizing a special formulation of polypropylene and focused field magnet structure for better control and higher efficiency.
- Dual 5.25" High-Definition Bass Drivers: The Signature Point Source house two 5.25" high-definition bass drivers that utilize a proprietary computer optimized cone topology and is constructed of a special formulation of polypropylene for an exceptional rigid cone that is extremely linear. The high-definition bass drivers also feature a 1" high-temperature Kapton Former voice coil and a High-Gauss Magnet Assembly for high power handling.
Complex Multi-Element Crossover Network: A complex multi-element crossover precisely blends the drivers for seamless, precise, and natural sound quality. The advance crossover network also helps the in-wall speaker achieve an open, "boxless", three-dimensional (3D) sound that appears to come from all around you. The complex, multi-element crossover network utilizes GoldenEar Technology's fully balanced topology with a special polystyrene film capacitor on the high frequency section. The drivers are wired with special wire which has a unique twist that was engineered for the highest performance.
Magnetically Attached Micro-Perf Grille: The Invisa SPS has a flat, round, magnetically attached micro-perf grille that covers the mounting flange for an attractive, nearly "invisible" look. This low-profile grille only protrudes 0.1875" from the wall. The micro-perf grille is white in color, but can be painted to blend in better with the color of your wall.
Spring-Post Terminals: The GoldenEar Technology SPS in-wall loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of high-quality spring-post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Mounting Options: The Invisa SPS installs in the wall and requires a rectangular cutout. Twelve integrated locking-arms secure the speaker to the wall. The locking-arms support a 0.25" to 1" thick wall surface. Allow at least 0.875" of clearance around the inside edge of the cutout to accommodate the locking arms. Allow at least 0.75" of clearance around the outside edge of the cutout to accommodate the speaker frame and grille.
- Vertical Cutout Dimensions: 7.125" (w) x 26.5" (h) x 3.3125" (d)
- Horizontal Cutout Dimensions: 26.5" (w) x 7.125" (w) x 3.3125" (d)
- When preparing to install the in-ceiling speaker, pick a location that has the required clearance between ceiling joists. Make sure to check for wiring, conduit, water pipes, HVAC ducts and other obstructions before cutting the installation hole.
- An optional rough-in bracket is available for new construction. There is also an optional backbox available that has been engineered with special EVA damping foam internally and open-cell foam externally to prevent bleed though of sound into the adjacent room. See the Accessories Tab for both.
Invisa Series: GoldenEar Technology's Invisa Series architectural speakers are engineered to deliver superb state-of-the-art sound quality, designed to blend perfectly with their surroundings and virtually disappear. The Invisa Series consists of three in-ceiling speakers (Invisa 525 / Invisa 600 / Invisa 650), a stereo input in-ceiling speaker (Invisa SP 652), a home theater engineered in-ceiling speaker (HTR 7000 / HTR 8000), a home theater engineered LCR in-wall speaker (SPS), and a home theater engineered surround in-wall speaker (MPX) - all sold separately.
1 question already asked