About the GoldenEar SuperCenter Reference
A robust center channel speaker
A robust center channel speaker
GoldenEar's SuperCenter Reference center channel speaker is the pinnacle of the SuperCenter lineup, and that's saying something. This robust speaker features four 5-1/4" mid-bass drivers and three top-mounted passive bass radiators to help create a visceral movie-watching experience. An advanced Reference version of the company's acclaimed HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter ensures exceptional detail — including crisp, clear dialogue — with low distortion. A linear-phase crossover network helps to create a natural, lifelike soundstage.
Build a GoldenEar home theater system
The SuperCenter line is designed to complement GoldenEar's Triton floor-standing speakers and Aon bookshelf speakers. They have a similar visual design, and they're voice-matched to create a seamless surround-sound system that will shine on movie night.
Who is GoldenEar?
Since their founding in 2010, GoldenEar has racked up rave reviews across the audio industry for their high-tech speaker lineup and cutting-edge design philosophy. The company's goal is to create speakers that sound better than comparable models costing three, four, or even five times more. Their signature sound includes pinpoint stereo imaging, a spacious three-dimensional soundstage, and ultra-low distortion. Each of GoldenEar's custom-designed drivers, passive radiators, and carefully tuned cabinets help create an ultra-immersive listening experience with your favorite albums and movie soundtracks.
- High-Gauss Reference HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter for exceptional detail with low distortion
- four 5-1/4" mid-bass drivers with cast-basket chassis
- two 6-3/4" x 8" quadratic planar bass radiators
- one 7" x 10" quadratic planar bass radiator
- linear-phase crossover network enhances clarity
- frequency response: 33-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 20-350 watts
- binding post speaker terminals
- removable magnetic grille
Dimensions and warranty:
- 35"W x 5-3/4"H x 11"D
- weight: 31 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CLMA
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 4 Leveling feet
- 4 Threaded-inserts
- Owner's Manual
GoldenEar SuperCenter Reference reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the GoldenEar SuperCenter Reference
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Folded Ribbon|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||---|
|Midrange size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Frequency Response||33-35k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
SuperCenter Series: GoldenEar Technology's SuperCenter Series is high-performance center-channel speaker lineup appropriate for the highest quality of home theater systems. SuperCenters are designed to perfectly complement and match GoldenEar Technology's Triton floorstanding speakers, BRX bookshelf loudspeakers, and Aon bookshelf loudspeakers - both sonically and cosmetically. Their sophisticated industrial design is both attractive and functional, minimizing their apparent size as well as enhancing their acoustic performance.
- Sonically, the SuperCenters offer lifelike, detailed, high-resolution, open, "boxless" sound quality with smooth low frequency extension and high power handling capacity for greater dynamic range and impact.
- GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter speakers are efficient and can be driven to loud listening levels with moderate amplifier power. but are also able to handle the output of very powerful amplifiers.
High-Gauss Reference High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) Tweeter): The SuperCenter Reference features GoldenEar Technology's High-Gauss Reference High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) design tweeter for incredible high frequency detail. The HVFR tweeter propagates sound waves and moves the air by squeezing it with its accordion-like pleated diaphragm, rather than pushing it as conventional drivers do. The result is better impedance matching to the air in the room with greater control, smoother more extended response with lower distortion and dramatically improved dynamic range.
5.25" Midrange & Bass Drivers: The GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference incorporates a D'Appolito Array of four 5.25" high-definition cast-basket Reference drivers with Focused Field Magnet Structures surrounding the High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeter. Two of the 5.25" drivers are dedicated for midrange reproduction, while the other 5.25" drivers handle low-frequency bass. The 5.25" drivers incorporate cast baskets for rigidity and minimal internal reflection, as well as GoldenEar Technology's unique multi-vaned phase plugs (MVPP) to minimize cone distortion.
Triple Quadratic Planar Bass Radiators: The GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference also utilizes three top-mounted pressure-coupled quadratic planar low frequency radiators that extend the bass response as well as provide the bass/midrange drivers with ideal acoustic loading and damping. There are two 6.75" x 8" and one 7" x 10" quadratic planar low frequency radiators which provide significant low frequency extension and exceptional dynamic range for the center channel speaker.
Note: Since the top-mounted passive radiators put out a very low frequency pressure wave, they only require 1"-2" of clearance above them so the speaker can be placed in cabinets and wall-units if desired.
Linear-Phase Crossover Network: GoldenEar Technology's unique linear-phase crossover network employs a fully balanced topology which reduces stray capacitances for dramatically improved clarity. It utilizes precision film capacitors and special internal wiring to perfectly blend the drivers for a seamless homogeneous sound.
Separate Internal Chamber Enclosure: There are three separate internal chambers inside the speaker cabinet; a larger one in the center which contains the two 5.25" midrange drivers which run up to meet the tweeter and are coupled to the larger 7" x 10" passive radiator in the center, and two smaller chambers which each contain a special 5.25" bass driver engineered for low frequency response, which runs up to 500 Hz, and is coupled to one of the smaller, 6.75" x 8" passive radiators.
Binding Post Terminals: The GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference center channel loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of 5-way binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Mounting Options: If you are going to set your SuperCenter Speaker on a table or bookshelf that is below ear-level or on a shelf above the TV that is above ear-level, you will want to install the included adjustable leveling feet in order to angle the speaker up or down towards the listening area. Always position the speaker at the front of the mounting surface for best performance.
- Dimensions without Feet: 35.0" (w) x 5.875" (h) x 11.0625" (d)
- Dimensions with Feet: 35.0" (w) x 6.3125" (h) x 11.0625" (d)
- The adjustable leveling feet screw into the bottom of the speaker through the cloth grille that covers the speaker (the cloth grille should not be removed).
- The SuperCenter Reference does not include any bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the center channel speaker.
Flexible Placement: The GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference speaker is designed to allow flexible placement while providing a very large window of sound and excellent dialog intelligibility throughout your listening room.
- Typical placement of the SuperCenter Reference will be directly above or below your TV. Since the center channel speaker handles the majority of dialog it is important that it be located in close proximity to the center of the viewing screen. Position the speaker flush with the front of the TV or speaker shelf to minimize unwanted sound reflections.
- For the most accurate and natural timbre, the speaker's high-frequency driver should be at, or aimed at, approximately ear level. Use the included optional leveling feet if you need to angle the SuperCenter so it points up or down at the listener.
- Placing the speaker close to walls will emphasize bass and may reduce overall clarity. If possible, position the speaker 8" or more from the wall behind the speaker. This will ensure better bass performance and optimal midrange clarity.
- If the center-channel speaker is not approximately the same distance away from the primary listening position as your front speakers, use your AV receiver's/processor's speaker distance menu to electronically adjust for differences in distance.
- If installing the SuperCenter Reference in a cabinet space, please note that although the speaker has passive radiators located on top, they only require a minimal clearance of 1"-2" above the center speaker.